forum

capsule - Teleportation

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shiirn
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, September 25, 2011 at 8:22:55 AM

Artist: capsule
Title: Teleportation
Tags: GladiOol
BPM: 175
Filesize: 3473kb
Play Time: 00:29
Difficulties Available:
  1. OD3 (1.68 stars, 28 notes)
  2. OD7 (5 stars, 538 notes)
  3. OD9 (5 stars, 601 notes)
Download: capsule - Teleportation
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Two children
minds seperate
bodies blocked by distance
feelings one
communication, stretching far
bodies blocked by distance
feelings one
minds together.

OD7 by Gladisletje
GladiOol
OD7 o/
Also 2lazy2hitsound. So have fun <3 (sorry \:D/)

You may make small changes your self~ but I'd appreciate if you'd contact me for larger ones :>

Download: capsule - Teleportation (Shiirn) [OD7].osu
D33d
Not a bad map. I wish that you would pay attention to particularly ugly overlaps when you map, because they get pretty bothersome. Otherwise, this more or less feels right in general.

[OD9]

00:05:861- This spinner feels like filler. My modding is cool, because it has assonance.

Anyway, it feels pointless. The track maintains the same steady feel while the spinner is nearly silenced. That's not what spinners are used for! Same with the spinners after this.

00:10:747 (5,6)- I'm not sure how I feel about the circles at the start and end of this pattern, especially with large hitbursts. They felt rather obscured and difficult to read when I first played this map.

00:21:718 (1)- To me, a short slider going in the opposite direction of the following stream feels like ass. Flow-breaking et cetera. Plus, it even looks awkward.

00:28:404 (1)- Remove new combo, as this section of the track feels like a continuation of the phrase before it. The new combo makes sense, because of the whole call and response thing, but I don't think that it's necessary.

00:29:432 (4)- New bar, new phrase, new combo.

00:30:632- Remove new combo, as this would follow nicely from the combo before. Plus, it'd get rid of that awkwardish-looking new combo stack.

00:53:775 (5;1)- Surely, you can do something about this hideous overlap. It looks and feels so, so wrong and after using so many spacing changes, you could stand to stray from 1x spacing in order to fix this.

00:55:489- You might as well make this a new combo and then insert a new combo after the two and a half beat space. Why'd you do this?

00:59:604- You might as well make this a new combo as well. I'd also consider removing the new combo at 01:00:804, if only so that there's not an incredibly short combo.

01:06:804 (4,5,6,7,8)- You might as well straighten out this stream or make it a continuous curve. It looks awkward as it is, especially with the inconsistent spacing. Same with the stream after it.

02:01:340 (1,2,3,4)- The overlapping with these sliders strikes me as a bit off and you have so much space to play with.

02:02:883 (1,2,3,4)- Why not flip (1,2,3) horizontally and move them to the left of the slider? This looks gash and would probably be unreasonably awkward to read with larger hitbursts.

This looks much, much better and it took me a whole five seconds of flipping, dragging and aligning properly.

02:30:655 (2)- It's fair enough that this and (1) is symmetrical, but it looks awkward on top of the slider which follows it. It also looks a bit cluttered when a large, fading hitburst covers the slider end (2) in the following combo.

02:40:768 (2,3,4,5,6)- Same as the previous instance of this, with the circles at the start and end of the pattern. Back and forth beats are fine, but it feels awkward after a continuous pattern.

03:02:540 (1,2,3,4)- *vomit*

[OD7]

00:21:718 (6;1,2,3,4,5)- Pretty much my only real problem with this map is that these tiny and constantly changing kick sliders are immensely confusing. While one can read them by the approach circles, it still feels pretty clunky to me.

00:45:375 (3)- The overlap with this tiny kick slider looks weird and the triangle could've been placed anywhere on the screen.
FireballFlame
If you're gonna use AR9, make sure you have perfect timing.
Imo it's not perfect atm, especially 1:00 - 1:20 is off. If you want, I could try to improve it.
Topic Starter
Shiirn
A) It's OD9. it even says so in the diff name.
B) it's perfect to within 2-3ms. I cut the mp3 around there, thus, there will be a fraction of a MS change in timing, but this kind of thing is unnoticeable in real play (OD10 makes me get "1ms early")

thanks for the offer but i don't really see how needed it is