forum

Help getting used to tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Atara
I have been using mouse for a few months and my aim has gotten considerably good with the mouse. But i have made the decision to switch to tablet because i think it will make me a more skilled player over time. My tablet is coming in tomorrow and i am trying to gather as much understanding about it as i can

It is the huion 420 for anyone wondering

If anyone has this tablet or the osu tablet please give me information on how well it performs in osu, and for others tell me the best way to get used to the tablet. like should i be playing hard jump maps orr...
Sandy Hoey
When you first get it, make sure to get the proper driver for your tablet. This will allow you to adjust the active area (sensitivity for tablets) and change the buttons on your pen. Besides that, you just have to work through stuff to see how it works. Dont play maps that are too hard right away

There is also a problem with some tablets that causes the cursor to jump into the top left corner. here is the fix t/590367
Byza
What he said... +

- when you start playing with tablet, you will be pretty bad with it. It takes some time to get used to it.

- Lower your in-game sensitivity to 1x. Seriously, do. If you want the cursor to go "faster" (that means, moving less for a bigger distance on the screen) just make your area smaller

- On the first days, feel free to change your area and settings as much as you like until you find the one you like.

- Once you've found an "area" that you feel confortable with... STICK with it. Dont change it next week. If you stick with them, you will improve. Changing them too much will make your aim go nuts.
Topic Starter
Atara

Sandy Hoey wrote:

When you first get it, make sure to get the proper driver for your tablet. This will allow you to adjust the active area (sensitivity for tablets) and change the buttons on your pen. Besides that, you just have to work through stuff to see how it works. Dont play maps that are too hard right away

There is also a problem with some tablets that causes the cursor to jump into the top left corner. here is the fix t/590367

Byza wrote:

What he said... +

- when you start playing with tablet, you will be pretty bad with it. It takes some time to get used to it.

- Lower your in-game sensitivity to 1x. Seriously, do. If you want the cursor to go "faster" (that means, moving less for a bigger distance on the screen) just make your area smaller

- On the first days, feel free to change your area and settings as much as you like until you find the one you like.

- Once you've found an "area" that you feel confortable with... STICK with it. Dont change it next week. If you stick with them, you will improve. Changing them too much will make your aim go nuts.
thank you for the advice :) I've just installed the drivers directly from the huion website. i am very excited to get it