8.54%
DT
6.10%
No, mods are for the weak.
46.34%
Total votes: 82
Topic Starter
ItsFalco
I mean, they're not visual mods, and they actually hinder you, and without any mod that increases your score, stuff gets kinda boring, the only cons that I can see it's that it would be unfair to the players who spent hours and hours reaching the top 50, but that also would be good because it adds another element of competition to the game, in all the other modes you see the top players doing a lot of crazy stuff with their mods, players topping each other with different combinations of mods, here the only one that is useful is PF, and only ones who use it are the plebs like me that try to reach #50.
Full Tablet
The servers now store a record for each player for each mod combination, so score multipliers do not really fulfill a purpose anymore (the only thing lacking currently is that it's harder for non-supporters to see mod-specific leaderboards). It's better to consider DT and HR as they were completely different maps instead.

BTW, HR and DT do currently increase score (but in a way different from a multiplier; instead of the effect being more noticeable the closer the score is to a SS like in osu!standard, the effect is more noticeable the farther the score is from a SS). Also, using HR makes your score unranked currently.
Todestrieb
I really like how the "No" answer is biased and is out of topic considering some people are for the mods, but against it giving multipliers.
Yyorshire
Just think if they unrank DT

Maybe... Just maybe we'll get a rate slider for maps instead!

Who am I kidding why would they give us such a nifty tool to play with that would allow players skills to increase faster and add a new degree of fun to the game

Sorry for the off topic response
[Crz]Player
poll? what is this bs
Jinjin

Todestrieb wrote:

I really like how the "No" answer is biased and is out of topic considering some people are for the mods, but against it giving multipliers.
this.
abraker

Full Tablet wrote:

It's better to consider DT and HR as they were completely different maps instead.
It's ok to think like that now, but not being flexible with this will create issues down the line. For one, this kind of thinking is incomparable with custom rates and OD as there can be many discrete points. To consider all of those as their own map is insane.
ReTLoM
when rates appear just make it unranked when using rates and dont remove the mod DT so DT is still rankedq and we dont have 3000 possible individual scores per map
Full Tablet

abraker wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

It's better to consider DT and HR as they were completely different maps instead.
It's ok to think like that now, but not being flexible with this will create issues down the line. For one, this kind of thinking is incomparable with custom rates and OD as there can be many discrete points. To consider all of those as their own map is insane.
The best solution for that is just changing the score system to make it not OD-dependent (easiest way is using the hit errors directly instead of the judgments obtained), that way EZ/HR/(Any OD-mod) can be considered to be just visual mods (they would just change the feedback the player receives when they play). That reduces number of parameters to consider considerably, and makes scoring more precise.

Rankable custom rates could be x0.75(HT)/x1.0(NM)/x1.1/x1.2/x1.3/x1.4/x1.5(DT)/x1.6/x1.7/x1.8/x1.9/x2.0; they could only apply to osu!mania maps (as opposed to autoconverts, since they have already too many options with the keymod parameter).
Veracion

ReTLoM wrote:

when rates appear just make it unranked when using rates and dont remove the mod DT so DT is still rankedq and we dont have 3000 possible individual scores per map
abraker

ReTLoM wrote:

But why is that a bad thing? It's possible to record all scores and save the replays of top 200 or whatever it is (rate x score)
ReTLoM
because of PP it is a bad thing when you have a PP map you can play it with 20 different rates and GG you never need to play a other song
Veracion
HR and DT should have given multipliers from the start, we're the only mode that doesn't have that and I don't think somebody ever named a reason except "keeping the 1 million score limit". Maybe they wanted to make mania different from the other modes, or they thought they would make it properly later, I have no idea.

Anyways, while they should give multipliers, it's a pain to change it now either. Don't care if they get added now, but they should consider it for future versions of the game.
ReTLoM
in the end nothing will ever happen because the stuff don't care about mania "stare at ScoreV2 threat where nothing official was answered over 1 year even when tons of people bring up good formulas or questions" and mania will be in a very bad position like it is now #welcome to Vibrosu
abraker

ReTLoM wrote:

because of PP it is a bad thing when you have a PP map you can play it with 20 different rates and GG you never need to play a other song
Fix pp system then. Yea pp and rates don't work nicely as is, but an online scoretable should at least be allowed