forum

Yasuda Rei - Mirror

posted
Total Posts
show more
sahuang
Hi M4M as requested

Can you mod this map instead: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/667290 the drain time is quite similar so ya

Easy
03:03:801 (1,1) - 03:22:698 (1) - 03:26:478 (1) - cancel NC

Mirror
00:53:171 - add a circle
01:08:997 (2,3,4,5,6) - 02:11:360 (2,3,4,5,6) - kind of better if you make a stream like 01:01:438 (2,3,4,5,6) - just to make the map more beautiful lol
03:05:218 (4,1) - etc idk why you extend sliders to 1/8 in this map lol, why not 1/4? 1/8 is very hard to follow tbh
03:24:116 (1,3) - swap nc

Not bad, i think kiai time is bit too long lol

Might call me back for an irc recheck, there are some stuff in normal/advanced id like to say
Topic Starter
Modem

Reynolduh wrote:

hi again i'm from my q again. I'm modding another one of your maps again. yay(?) YAY \OWO/

Hard
00:38:289 (5) - move a bit more to the left maybe? Nope sorry ;w; I think the placement is good enough as it is
01:40:651 (5) - move up a bit to align with 01:40:415 (4) - Fixed~!

Mirror
Don't stack 01:04:273 (7) - under 01:04:037 (6) - as it may confuse players thinking that it's a 1/4 gap and may click early and lose combo Nope sorry, I wanna keep it ;w;
same for 01:07:816 (7,8) - and if you find more you can fix this ^

EZ skin and useless mod cuz i sucx Hey, you're good owo
Thanks for the mod~! >w</
Topic Starter
Modem

blueloniess wrote:

[Mirror]
00:00:375 - you can put a 1/8 reverse slider here Nope sorry ;w; I don't wanna make the beginning of the song too intense
00:08:053 (1) - Ctrl+G This is way too hard Nope sorry, I wanna keep it ;w;
01:51:517 (4) - Ctrl+G Nice owo. Fixed~!
01:53:171 (3,4) - I don't think stack these two slider is a good idea. pls separate it a bit Nope sorry, I wanna keep it >w<
02:37:226 (8,1) - way too hard Um, yeah. Maybe I will change it owo
03:08:761 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - maybe 1.0 DS is better Nope sorry, because the rhythm in this section is more intense than the other sections with the same rhythm ;w;
03:32:147 (1) - Ctrl+G Nope sorry ;w; I think that downwards flow is good enough

Sry IDK how to mod hard and NM EZ.

good luck
Topic Starter
Modem

sahuang wrote:

Hi M4M as requested

Can you mod this map instead: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/667290 the drain time is quite similar so ya Okay owo/

Easy
03:03:801 (1,1) - 03:22:698 (1) - 03:26:478 (1) - cancel NC Fixed~!

Mirror
00:53:171 - add a circle Fixed~!
01:08:997 (2,3,4,5,6) - 02:11:360 (2,3,4,5,6) - kind of better if you make a stream like 01:01:438 (2,3,4,5,6) - just to make the map more beautiful lol Fixed~!
03:05:218 (4,1) - etc idk why you extend sliders to 1/8 in this map lol, why not 1/4? 1/8 is very hard to follow tbh Fixed~!
03:24:116 (1,3) - swap nc Fixed~!

Not bad, i think kiai time is bit too long lol I love long kiai times xd

Might call me back for an irc recheck, there are some stuff in normal/advanced id like to say OWO THANK YOU VERY MUUUCH <333
Topic Starter
Modem
Updated~! >w</
sahuang
I love the top diff so much
Topic Starter
Modem

sahuang wrote:

I love the top diff so much
Thank you soooo much sahuang >w</
Wafu
I'm most likely going to pop this today/tomorrow, depending on how much time I'm going to have today. But I'm willing to re-bubble/qualify this once the issues are resolved. The map looks nice to me.
Topic Starter
Modem

Wafu wrote:

I'm most likely going to pop this today/tomorrow, depending on how much time I'm going to have today. But I'm willing to re-bubble/qualify this once the issues are resolved. The map looks nice to me.
schoolboy
tried to map this masterpiece by myself but failed due to the complex rhythm
but seems like you handled it very well, good luck!!

yasuda rei <33
Wafu
As I haven't seen metadata confirmed in the thread, it seems to be correct according to the artist's official website.
[General]
  1. The map could use some more tags other than romanisation of the title. I would personally add these people to tags as they're composers and arrangers of this song, don't forget romanisations: 林奈津美, Hayashi Natsumi, 玉井健二, Tamai Kenji, 釣俊輔, Tsuri Shunsuke. You can come up with more things, but I think these people are important.
  2. Some skin parts are missing, these must be added:
  3. sliderendcircle.png
sliderendcircleoverlay.pngsliderstartcircle.pngsliderstartcircleoverlay.pngscorebar-marker.pngSliderTrackOverride should be set along with SliderBorder. This is a rule, but I believe you'll be fine skipping this, because I think it's a new rule, so you don't have to follow it if the map was submitted before the RC change. I will have to confirm, if this was older or wasn't, so I'm not 100% sure here.The hitbursts for 50, 100 and 300 are very difficult to distinguish. The colours used are from a very similar spectrum, you're basically using a blue for 50, turquoise for 100 and cyan for 300. These are all essentially blue or bluish green colour. I get that you wanted to achieve a blue skin, but hitbursts simply must be different so that it's very easy to notice. You need to change your colours for 100 and 50. Try something out of the blue spectrum.The dark blue combo colour seems to blend with the hair on the background. I tested it with 2 monitors and all default presets that you can set on them and all options had impaired readability. I recommend you to use quite a lighter blue to avoid that, it's not very easy to read even with disabled background, but it's a bit better than that. Now this may be different for every person as we all see colours differently. If you're not having a similar problem, we should do some research and get feedback from other people.These are the reasons (not all of these suggestions are, of course) why I'm popping this map. I currently did not manage to get enough time to fully mod this, so I'm at least posting my concerns in case someone wanted to qualify it before I mod it. If nobody qualifies it, I'll finish a full mod tomorrow and I'm willing to bubble/qualify this.
Edit 1:
[General]
  1. If possible, it's always better to have consistent settings of Widescreen support and similar things. Not an important thing right now, but it could make a difference in future.
[Hitsounds]
  1. I think that drum-hitwhistle2.wav is not cut correctly. You should think about the way the hitsound is played in-game. It has some kind of echo, which gets really quiet on its own, but osu! also reduces that volume. For example at 00:41:832 - , it's only 40% of the volume + the song is relatively loud, so it will entirely cover the hitsound really. In the end, that can reduce the file size quite a bit. You might simply replace it with this one.
  2. I love how much effort you put into the hitsounds, but it's a pity that only the kiai part is really significant. Other parts blend kinda lot with the map. I think you could boost the volume up a little bit so that it's a bit more noticeable. Generally up to you, I just thought it'd be a pity to spend so much time on relatively nice hitsounds, but making it barely possible to notice that it's an addition.
[Mirror]
  1. 02:36:871 (5,6,7,8,1) - I would say that this stream jump is quite unexpected as you haven't really used this anywhere in the map, especially not in such a part (this one is much less significant part of the song than 01:59:076 (1,2,3,4,1) - for example, which has a very little jump.
  2. 00:57:186 (1) - Could maybe have a bit bigger jump, as you did at 01:59:549 (1) - . I'd say it's exactly the same part, so making it the same could make it look different from streams in the less intense parts.
[Hard]
  1. 00:54:824 (6,1) - 01:57:186 (6,1) - I would say that these jumps are kinda unnecessary. It is honestly much less expectable than in the Mirror difficulty, and even in comparison with rest of this difficulty, this is not as understandable as most of the patterns in the difficulty are.
  2. I don't quite understand the concept of jumps in the kiais. I believe that it should have jumps, but it is not clear to me why 00:59:076 (1) - 01:02:856 (1) - do have a jump, but for example 01:04:509 (5,6,1) - 01:19:627 (5,6,1) - 01:24:824 (5,6,7) - 02:06:871 (5,6,1) - 02:21:990 (5,6,1) - 02:27:659 (3,4,1) - 03:16:793 (5,6,1) - 03:22:462 (6,7,1) - 03:39:470 (5,6,1) - don't have a jump, while these are kinda important places in the song. (There are others too, but that would require more drastic changes, such as 01:12:305 (1) - but you'd have to change it so that the jump is 1/2, not 1/4.
  3. 03:30:494 (2,3,4) - This slider pattern doesn't seem to be clickable very predictably.03:30:966 - and 03:31:438 - don't really have any sound that would make sense for being clickable, it's more or less random, but 03:30:966 (3) - has quite a significant sound at 03:31:202 - , which is not clickable. I'd suggest you to use 2 sliders instead, one starting at 03:30:494 - and ending at 03:31:084 - (with repeats, obviously), and second starting at 03:31:202 - and ending at 03:31:793 - . That makes at least a bit more sense with clicking.
[Advanced]
  1. 00:23:171 (4) - It's very apparent that you've forgotten a new combo here. It breaks the way you're making combos throughout the whole map.
  2. 02:33:564 (3) - Same as above.
  3. 03:05:690 (3) - Same as above.
  4. 02:17:265 (2) - I can see the whole map is composed in 1.5x spacing constantly, and this is literally the only place where you used 1.6x. I guess it was a mistake, so I'm pointing this out.
  5. There's one stylistic thing I don't like and that's some of the blankets. Sometimes when you make a blanket, you leave as much space as distance snap keeps between other objects. 00:11:360 (3,1,2) - This is a great example. I think such patterns look decent. But things such as 00:06:163 (1,3) - feel way too close in comparison. I personally think it makes the spacing look inconsistent. It's generally up to you if you fix this or not, it's just an aesthetic thing I wanted to point out because it could make the map look cleaner. Nothing crucial. If you decided that you like it, you should apply it to all blankets that are similar to 00:06:163 (1,3) - .
  6. 00:17:029 (3,4) - This place could make a little bit more sense with a slider instead to emphasize the violin better with holding than clicking. Same applies to 01:34:509 (3,4) - .
I personally don't think Easy and Normal need any changes. Call me back after things are addressed. If something is not clear or you need help anything, feel free to ask me.
Topic Starter
Modem

Komore wrote:

tried to map this masterpiece by myself but failed due to the complex rhythm
but seems like you handled it very well, good luck!!

yasuda rei <33
Thank youuuuu ( ´∀`)σ)_ಠ) ♡♡♡♡
Topic Starter
Modem

Wafu wrote:

If nobody qualifies it, I'll finish a full mod tomorrow and I'm willing to bubble/qualify this.
Okay, I'll wait for the full mod (〃´∀`〃)
Thank you Wafu~
Topic Starter
Modem

Wafu wrote:

As I haven't seen metadata confirmed in the thread, it seems to be correct according to the artist's official website.
[General]
  1. The map could use some more tags other than romanisation of the title. I would personally add these people to tags as they're composers and arrangers of this song, don't forget romanisations: 林奈津美, Hayashi Natsumi, 玉井健二, Tamai Kenji, 釣俊輔, Tsuri Shunsuke. You can come up with more things, but I think these people are important. Fixed~!
  2. Some skin parts are missing, these must be added:
  3. sliderendcircle.png
sliderendcircleoverlay.pngsliderstartcircle.pngsliderstartcircleoverlay.pngscorebar-marker.png Okay, I added all of them~!SliderTrackOverride should be set along with SliderBorder. This is a rule, but I believe you'll be fine skipping this, because I think it's a new rule, so you don't have to follow it if the map was submitted before the RC change. I will have to confirm, if this was older or wasn't, so I'm not 100% sure here. Okay, added~!The hitbursts for 50, 100 and 300 are very difficult to distinguish. The colours used are from a very similar spectrum, you're basically using a blue for 50, turquoise for 100 and cyan for 300. These are all essentially blue or bluish green colour. I get that you wanted to achieve a blue skin, but hitbursts simply must be different so that it's very easy to notice. You need to change your colours for 100 and 50. Try something out of the blue spectrum. Fixed~!The dark blue combo colour seems to blend with the hair on the background. I tested it with 2 monitors and all default presets that you can set on them and all options had impaired readability. I recommend you to use quite a lighter blue to avoid that, it's not very easy to read even with disabled background, but it's a bit better than that. Now this may be different for every person as we all see colours differently. If you're not having a similar problem, we should do some research and get feedback from other people. Fixed~! These are the reasons (not all of these suggestions are, of course) why I'm popping this map. I currently did not manage to get enough time to fully mod this, so I'm at least posting my concerns in case someone wanted to qualify it before I mod it. If nobody qualifies it, I'll finish a full mod tomorrow and I'm willing to bubble/qualify this. Thank youuu

Edit 1:
[General]
  1. If possible, it's always better to have consistent settings of Widescreen support and similar things. Not an important thing right now, but it could make a difference in future. Fixed~!
[Hitsounds]
  1. I think that drum-hitwhistle2.wav is not cut correctly. You should think about the way the hitsound is played in-game. It has some kind of echo, which gets really quiet on its own, but osu! also reduces that volume. For example at 00:41:832 - , it's only 40% of the volume + the song is relatively loud, so it will entirely cover the hitsound really. In the end, that can reduce the file size quite a bit. You might simply replace it with this one. Fixed~! Thank you very muuch >3<
  2. I love how much effort you put into the hitsounds, but it's a pity that only the kiai part is really significant. Other parts blend kinda lot with the map. I think you could boost the volume up a little bit so that it's a bit more noticeable. Generally up to you, I just thought it'd be a pity to spend so much time on relatively nice hitsounds, but making it barely possible to notice that it's an addition. Fixed~!
:|
[Mirror]
  1. 02:36:871 (5,6,7,8,1) - I would say that this stream jump is quite unexpected as you haven't really used this anywhere in the map, especially not in such a part (this one is much less significant part of the song than 01:59:076 (1,2,3,4,1) - for example, which has a very little jump. Fixed~!
  2. 00:57:186 (1) - Could maybe have a bit bigger jump, as you did at 01:59:549 (1) - . I'd say it's exactly the same part, so making it the same could make it look different from streams in the less intense parts. Fixed~!
[Hard]
  1. 00:54:824 (6,1) - 01:57:186 (6,1) - I would say that these jumps are kinda unnecessary. It is honestly much less expectable than in the Mirror difficulty, and even in comparison with rest of this difficulty, this is not as understandable as most of the patterns in the difficulty are. Fixed~!
  2. I don't quite understand the concept of jumps in the kiais. I believe that it should have jumps, but it is not clear to me why 00:59:076 (1) - 01:02:856 (1) - do have a jump, but for example 01:04:509 (5,6,1) - 01:19:627 (5,6,1) - 01:24:824 (5,6,7) - 02:06:871 (5,6,1) - 02:21:990 (5,6,1) - 02:27:659 (3,4,1) - 03:16:793 (5,6,1) - 03:22:462 (6,7,1) - 03:39:470 (5,6,1) - don't have a jump, while these are kinda important places in the song. (There are others too, but that would require more drastic changes, such as 01:12:305 (1) - but you'd have to change it so that the jump is 1/2, not 1/4. Okay, fixed~!
  3. 03:30:494 (2,3,4) - This slider pattern doesn't seem to be clickable very predictably.03:30:966 - and 03:31:438 - don't really have any sound that would make sense for being clickable, it's more or less random, but 03:30:966 (3) - has quite a significant sound at 03:31:202 - , which is not clickable. I'd suggest you to use 2 sliders instead, one starting at 03:30:494 - and ending at 03:31:084 - (with repeats, obviously), and second starting at 03:31:202 - and ending at 03:31:793 - . That makes at least a bit more sense with clicking. Fixed~!
[Advanced]
  1. 00:23:171 (4) - It's very apparent that you've forgotten a new combo here. It breaks the way you're making combos throughout the whole map. Fixed~!
  2. 02:33:564 (3) - Same as above. Fixed~!
  3. 03:05:690 (3) - Same as above. Fixed~!
  4. 02:17:265 (2) - I can see the whole map is composed in 1.5x spacing constantly, and this is literally the only place where you used 1.6x. I guess it was a mistake, so I'm pointing this out. Woah that's right XD Fixed~!
  5. There's one stylistic thing I don't like and that's some of the blankets. Sometimes when you make a blanket, you leave as much space as distance snap keeps between other objects. 00:11:360 (3,1,2) - This is a great example. I think such patterns look decent. But things such as 00:06:163 (1,3) - feel way too close in comparison. I personally think it makes the spacing look inconsistent. It's generally up to you if you fix this or not, it's just an aesthetic thing I wanted to point out because it could make the map look cleaner. Nothing crucial. If you decided that you like it, you should apply it to all blankets that are similar to 00:06:163 (1,3) - . Well um yeah. That is my habit for making an indirect blanket like that >v< but can I keep it please?? >3< Because I kinda do the same thing all over the map like 00:13:249 (3,1) , 00:18:210 (2,1) , 00:33:328 (2,1) , etc XD
  6. 00:17:029 (3,4) - This place could make a little bit more sense with a slider instead to emphasize the violin better with holding than clicking. Same applies to 01:34:509 (3,4) - . Fixed~!
I personally don't think Easy and Normal need any changes. Call me back after things are addressed. If something is not clear or you need help anything, feel free to ask me. Yayy thank youuu

Thank you very much Wafu~! >w<

Updated again~! >w</
sahuang
wafu told me the skinning stuff is fine now, so lets rebubble.

@wafu tell me if anything is still wrong (which needs rebubble), as I'm not checking forum so frequently.

:)
Topic Starter
Modem

sahuang wrote:

wafu told me the skinning stuff is fine now, so lets rebubble.

@wafu tell me if anything is still wrong (which needs rebubble), as I'm not checking forum so frequently.

:)
Thank youuu ( ˘ ³˘)♥
Wafu
Popping again for unrankable issue (we have to pop + rebubble if we find unrankable issue). Every difficulty has inaudible slider ticks at 03:26:714 - . Using 5% volume on slider ticks makes them silent, so that's not allowed. The rest is completely fine, going to qualify after this is resolved. Also call sahuang to rebubble.
Topic Starter
Modem

Wafu wrote:

Popping again for unrankable issue (we have to pop + rebubble if we find unrankable issue). Every difficulty has inaudible slider ticks at 03:26:714 - . Using 5% volume on slider ticks makes them silent, so that's not allowed. The rest is completely fine, going to qualify after this is resolved. Also call sahuang to rebubble. Okay fixed~! owo/
Thank you very much Wafu~

Updated~! >w</
sahuang
rebubble
Topic Starter
Modem

sahuang wrote:

rebubble
Thank youuuuuuu >w</
Tiff
Congrats!!!! :) ((I hope this got r a n k e d))
Topic Starter
Modem

tiffany yu tyu wrote:

Congrats!!!! :) ((I hope this got r a n k e d))
Thank youuuuu (●´ω`●)
Wafu
Fixed one hitsound, rest of the map seems nice to me. Qualified!
Topic Starter
Modem

Wafu wrote:

Fixed one hitsound, rest of the map seems nice to me. Qualified!
Thank youuuuuu (*≧▽≦)
ABD007
gratz !!
Topic Starter
Modem

Kyousukee wrote:

gratz !!
Thank youuuu >w<
Kanzaki H Aria
Congrats! :)
Mint
'osu needs more'

gratz!
Kyouren
Yasuda Rei <3
osu! needs more Yasuda Rei <3

Congratulations! <3
Topic Starter
Modem
Thank you everyone~ ( ˘ ³˘)♥
AlphaCrim
i want the skin so bad hahahaha if you can provide me the skin im going to be really grateful :D