forum

Newbie Game 16: Day 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Hika
abraker, I will link that game for you. One second.
Hika
t/132424&start=0

Sorry. No ISO, you'll have to look between pages 80-110 I'm assuming
It's definitely this game however. It is a moment where I just randomly hammered and didn't mention intent
Hika
And I don't recall another game I've done that in. Ever since then i feel like I've always been super cautious to ask for VC before voting and intent to hammer.
I can look for it later however.
Hika
I FOUND IT READ IT
p/2328866
Zexion
I don't like the idea of No-Lynching D1. Seems we learned nothing the whole day.

abraker wrote:

Zexion wrote:

About Ace: Okay, but that's just your interpretation. Maybe you're just exaggerating.
Perhaps. It bothers me like a needle poking at skin.
I do find interesting how Ace still hasn't cleared this up, and that goes along with the "care-free" attitude I mentioned in my reads - scum players often try to clear themselves up of any suspicion.

@Abraker: please use preview on your posts for correct formatting ;_;

abraker wrote:

Zexion Q&A
Just like how Ace kept the vote on Hika even though he read her as town. Though I should ask, for what reason did you keep your vote for?

Reaction testing. No one followed up sadly. I was hoping to get direct opinions on Hika's playstyle.

You saying that Dawnsday is over-analyzing comes with a negative connotation indicating he is doing something wrong. Dawsday's conclusion was that Lincolm's color thing was a flawed attempt. If you agreed that it is a flawed attempt, then why bother indicating he is doing something wrong? He could have said that the analysis if bs, but he agrees that it was flawed. Therefore, I have reason to believe Zexion thinks Lincolm's color thing has some meaning. So it's contradiction in belief or zexion didn't bother interpreting the entire thing and just picked the strongest bit of it to comment upon.

I meant what I meant. I don't see why is this relevant at all.

To quote someone who later said, "These kind of posts make me wonder how to reply. I understand having a busy life, but it's better just to say "prod dodge" rather than repeating stuff, trust me, it goes a long way in mafia games." Other than that, I am scratching my head on why he thinks zekks's dumb actions are more important than my self vote.

I was actually criticizing the people who strongly town-read you despite your self-vote by those comments. (IIRC John did that, Dawnsday too I think) Zekks' claim was by far a stronger issue, and we already discussed why was that.

null, cleared misunderstanding, but then in regards to going all the way to the end with the self-vote. What does that make me now? Also concerning the last bit where you asked questions to John and Dawn, your ISO shows little content due to your inactivity. Why should I think you are town?

Zexion like to contradict himself a lot, though it's not necessarily indicative of scum behavior. I feel he is helplessly stepping on landmines as he struggles with irl stuff.

I'm not saying you should town-read me for all my posts, what I'm saying is that it's just a lazy excuse not to read me at all. I would totally understand if I only had like 5 posts overall or if all of them were fluff, but (I think) they're not. Real life is OP.

To answer the first part directed toward me, these is just my analysis on individual's actions and my thoughts on their possible thoughts. I will definitely be going back to my ISOs for even deeper analysis of possible player-player interactions. It's hard to do those if you don't have a concentrated ISO to work with since piecing together scattered info is a nightmare.

Second part I know isn't sarcasm and is legit. Hika did accidentally vote causing a town lynch. This is why my suspicion is more on Ace than it is on Hika.
Though, Hika, I am trying to find that game to prove it and can't find it. I vaguely recall it had to do you lynching Jesse, but I am not sure if I am mixing stuff up. Maybe you can find?

Reads make sense

I don't 100% agree with your methods but I'm replying anyways because I value your effort in making these deep analysis.

To summarize my thoughts, zexion def shows his experience in his posts and comes on to make good points. He doesn't seem to be moving the game forward into any biased direction, questioning only scratches the surface and lets others to further mine them down. If what Ace is true, and that he can be as inactive as scum, this is really an issue.
I don't think activity is that good of an indicator. Scum could try to be overly active in order to make themselves town leaders and go for lynching strong talkers or the like.

I'm keeping my vote on Hika because I still think it's the best candidate for a D1 lynch. I haven't done anything "game-changing" because so far I am not sure on my reads and I don't want to mess up this early. I would agree with a foxtrot lynch too.
Hika
ok; well I'm obviously not voting myself so I will vote fox
Hika
voe:foxtrot
Ace Timing

Lincolm wrote:

@Ace Timing : Who do you want to vote right now?

Ace Timing wrote:

Null:
rEdo
Lincolm

Scum:
Foxtrot
johnmedina999
[ - Zekks - ]
not in any particular order
Ace Timing

abraker wrote:

Ace Timing wrote:

@abraker: what am I setting up tho
Didn't I already answer this? It was here. Here is the quote in case you won't find it still:

abraker wrote:

But going deeper, the fact you are refusing to share your read on Hika makes me suspicious of whether you are doing it so to not to talk about your scum partner or to allow the setup of an unconditional bandwagon on Hika.

Ace Timing wrote:

no it fucking doesn't lol
You need to explain that with a little more than just "no it fucking doesn't"
1. That's not setting up something. You had me thinking you were trying to uncover some dastardly plan of mine, and instead I'm just not talking to my scumbuds.
2. Me not elaborating on a read doesn't mean I condone a lynch. That makes literally no sense.
abraker

Zexion wrote:

@Abraker: please use preview on your posts for correct formatting ;_;
Tell that to how the new forums handle spoiler boxes. I can't preview posts with triple nested quotes on old forums

Zexion wrote:

I don't think activity is that good of an indicator. Scum could try to be overly active in order to make themselves town leaders and go for lynching strong talkers or the like.
Yea I agree, but it would def suck if we couldn't figure out scum due to their low quantity posting.

Hika wrote:

I FOUND IT READ IT
p/2328866
Idk why I was so sure I knew of it. I wasn't in that game. I wasn't even in osu! at that time. Now, Hika, you have to explain why you weren't so begging of vote count previous game as town if your evidence occurred 3.5 years prior.
abraker

Ace Timing wrote:

2. Me not elaborating on a read doesn't mean I condone a lynch. That makes literally no sense.
Well why would you elaborate on a read then? It makes no sense to me.

Ace Timing wrote:

1. That's not setting up something. You had me thinking you were trying to uncover some dastardly plan of mine, and instead I'm just not talking to my scumbuds.
Or you totally failed the second: allow the setup of an unconditional bandwagon on Hika
abraker
*failed to mention the second
Ace Timing
so that makes Hika town?
Hika
I think me being cautious also has to do with the fact some people are new to the game
So I'm just being a little fair and at least trying to talk and express deadline and vote counts because they are beneficial to the game
abraker

Hika wrote:

I think me being cautious also has to do with the fact some people are new to the game
So I'm just being a little fair and at least trying to talk and express deadline and vote counts because they are beneficial to the game
makes little sense considering john is the only noob here. Show me other games you played in.
abraker

Ace Timing wrote:

so that makes Hika town?
No, but that makes you shady af
Hika
You want me to link every game I've played in?
That's a long list.
Hika
also I've never played with Zekks, haven't played with dulcet in 3.5 years... iirc.
My point still stands lol
Hika
Also I've only played with dawn once. I say new players = less than 5 games?
johnmedina999
How much time do we have? The counter in the OP expired already.
Topic Starter
beeboy123
Day 1, VC 4

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to lynch!

Hika (4) - Zexion, , johnmedina999. Foxtrot, Aomi
abraker (2) - rEdo, Lincolm
rEdo (1) - [ - Zekks - ]
Foxtrot (1) - Ace Timing, Hika

Not Voting (1) - abraker

Mod Notes - Due to me being late for the deadline and not ever extending it by 48 hours the deadline will be tomorrow at 8pm EST.

Deadline: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... nt=cursive
Lincolm
@Ace Timing : So why aren't you voting Foxtrot?

No Lynch is bad, but I don't like both wagon. I don't think I want to vote Foxtrot also.

I really think to vote Hika only for the sake of lynch.
Ace Timing

abraker wrote:

Ace Timing wrote:

so that makes Hika town?
why would I allow for my scumbud to get close to a lynch?
Ace Timing

Lincolm wrote:

Waiting for VC
abraker

Ace Timing wrote:

abraker wrote:

To make you look like you can't possible be scum. What kind of scum lets a scumpartner get close to lynch? One that is too confident within himself.
abraker

Ace Timing wrote:

Lincolm wrote:

Waiting for VC

Hika is only one voting for Foxtrot for crying out loud. Everyone else is focused on Hika, who needs one vote to go.
Lincolm

Ace Timing wrote:

Lincolm wrote:

Waiting for VC
Are you really waiting VC or waiting deadline?
Hika
ok
Hika

Lincolm wrote:

No Lynch is bad, but I don't like both wagon. I don't think I want to vote Foxtrot also.

ok then who do u want to vot then
express urself
Hika
y'all are literally voting me for the weakest reasoning ever even after I've covered all my bases ¿
Lincolm

Hika wrote:

Lincolm wrote:

ok then who do u want to vot then
express urself
Either Abraker, Zexion, or Ace.
Ace Timing

abraker wrote:

Ace Timing wrote:

To make you look like you can't possible be scum. What kind of scum lets a scumpartner get close to lynch? One that is too confident within himself.
you're going a little bit deep here man. You can ask anyone who's ever played with me, my scumgame is nothing to be proud of.

I'm scum with Hika
but I don't defend her
and am subtly encouraging a lynch on her
because I'm trying to make it look like I couldn't possibly be scum

I really want to flesh this out, am I going to swing this lynch around to hmm...
Vote: Foxtrot
foxtrot, for example?
Or do I end up voting Hika later.

And why didn't I just defend Hika again? Would I have been scum for doing that?
Hika
I don't know if I like the sound of a zexion lynch
Hika
Ace bro what r u doin bro I'm
So confused
Lincolm
Bruh, you should be happy that you could be saved with other wagon. It is your scumread also. Why are you asking that?
Ace Timing

Hika wrote:

Ace bro what r u doin bro I'm
So confused
I'm v interested in that dastard Ace Timing is planning. Hopefully abraker will be able to crack open the case on his plans.
Zexion
A foxtrot lynch seems to be more and more interesting. Sadly beeboy didn't put in the rules if we go by L-1 lynches at the end of the deadline or if we do have to reach majority in all cases.

Unvote

I really need an explicit deadline.
johnmedina999
I'll post something when a deadline is given.
Hika

Lincolm wrote:

Bruh, you should be happy that you could be saved with other wagon. It is your scumread also. Why are you asking that?
No, not directed to his vote but what he was saying prior to voting but I was really tired when he posted it.
Hika

beeboy123 wrote:

VC
LMAO wait did he just come here to post that
show more