forum

Newbie Game 16: Day 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Aomi
I seriously hope I didn't fuck anything up I literally looked through the ISOs at least 3 times but if there's a mistake let me know
Hika
idk where you see a town foxtrot I just don't understand it
Hika
there's obvs a scum on my wagon
Lincolm
Ei stop please I'm still watching TI7, holifuck, it's final and I don't want miss the tournament, but I don't want missing this game. I'm pretty sure mod extend our 24 hours, that's why I'm watching it and too lazy to read right now.
Aomi
@johnmedina999

Why aren't you being active in the thread?
You're pretty active elsewhere.
I think you're just trying really hard to fit in, hence why you repeat information over and over again, as Zexion mentioned.
All of your votes so far haven't been solid.
You tend to change your mind about a player after a post or two from them.
You seem to be really insecure.
Ace Timing
damn i didnt know we were in a shrink's office
Aomi
now u know
johnmedina999

Aomi wrote:

@johnmedina999

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what to do. This is my first game playing and my second game of experience (I've only read last game) and I'm kinda basing reads and actions from there, as well as my gut feeling. I know I'm not posting much, but I just don't know what to post.
Aomi

johnmedina999 wrote:

Aomi wrote:

@johnmedina999

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what to do. This is my first game playing and my second game of experience (I've only read last game) and I'm kinda basing reads and actions from there, as well as my gut feeling. I know I'm not posting much, but I just don't know what to post.
It's fine. Don't base everything from another game though, it could very well prove to be fatal.
Post anything you feel will help town, ask questions, etc.
Just be active. No one likes a lurker.
Aomi
We have around 9 hours left before the deadline btw.
Unless the extension was already counted in the countdown timer; then we have a little less than 2 hours left.
It'd be great if it's the former tbh.
Hika
Nope, add 24 hours to that
Hika

Aomi wrote:

@johnmedina999

You're pretty active elsewhere.
I think you're just trying really hard to fit in, hence why you repeat information over and over again, as Zexion mentioned.
All of your votes so far haven't been solid.
You tend to change your mind about a player after a post or two from them.
You seem to be really insecure.
imo this how I feel about fox
Aomi
I'd like it if rEdo and Zexion could post more so I can stabilize my reads on them.
Zexion definitely gives me town vibes, but due to his limited availability I can't make out a solid read.
rEdo on the other hand is completely null to me, I'll wait for him to come around I guess.
@Lincolm I've read your ISO and you kept saying "then why not vote me" or something of the sort. Why is that?
You seem very confident, but then again that could just be a mask to win towncred.
abraker

Zexion wrote:

Hold on. What makes you think Ace has a real reason for waiting for a VC or it's just something to taunt Hika's way of playing? About Dawnsday push's on Zekks, I thought someone said it was genuine due to being few minutes after that post? Now it's scum indicative? Foxtrot may as well be scum for that same last reason. Your conclusion is quite hasty.
The way he did it though. He did it is a taunt and as a "no" to me in regards on why he thinks Hika is town. About the dawnsday's push on zekks, it's just my view on it. Here is the ISO that made me think that:

As it turns out, as shown later in the game, that there is something to read from zekks's weird comment. But we were still wrapping our heads about this and zekks has yet to show the his inactivity.

Dawnsday wrote:

Foxtrot wrote:

interesting that you mention a connection between Lincolm and Zekks, Dawnsday

Zekks recently wrote this

Zekks wrote:

idc, as long as I'm walking, there's no stopping for me 'w'

and I asked her to clarify on this, but she hasn't told me anything yet. I know, I might be looking too hard for clues, but that is such an odd thing to say

It is odd agreed. It's possible this is just fluff memery (however inappropriate one may deem it in a thread). I'm also quite eager to hear the reasoning for it but on the whole I don't think there's too too much that can be read into.

expected

Dawnsday wrote:

Vote: Zekks

Maybe this gives you the incentive to "look things over". You're setting off my scumdar now.

I saw stuff as stupid as zekks in a previous game. I'd say anti-town, but doesn't imply scum. But you can start to see the change of mind in Dawnsday already as zekks bandwagon dies down

Dawnsday wrote:

looking forward to posts from rEdo and Zexion honestly, haven't seen enough to get reads.

Also even if Zekks isn't a redname his posts don't exactly scream "pro-town" to me so I'm still entirely set on getting some info from him, obviously I'm open to let him go and follow other reads if we get any but this is defo the flavor of the day controversy for me.

Had to just drop and agree. So malleable.

Dawnsday wrote:

Zekks play is anti town but I think he's just a bit clueless. I'm gonna drop it for now but if we turn up nothing I'm going to go for a policy lynch.

unvote

If zekks is a town, then we can expect zekks to be the victim at night. Depending on the PR dawnsday thinks zekks might have, and if Dawnsday is scum, it would be in his best interest to lynch zekks. However, we seem him let zekks go. Doesn't make sense if dawnsday is scum

Dawnsday wrote:

I actually catch a hint of Zekks possibly being PR because of his "lynch me and mafia have a higher chance" post. It just seems that something a noob with a power role would say, could be entirely wrong but it's 100% a possibility in my mind and one that wouldn't shock me if it were to be true.

Also +1 to Foxtrot's point about John and Zexion needing to post more content. It's hard to get reads on people who don't converse

Will post later

This is a response to Lincolm saying that while we can attempt to lynch zekks, if he flips town, then that would be super bad. Yet Dawnsday still want to convince that doing that to zekks is a good consideration... right after choosing to unvote. He is still pushing to make zekks lynched and it's becomming how subtly, yet forcefully he is doing that. Given my previous comment regarding Dawnsday needing to lynch zekks instead of NK because of PR, this makes perfect sense. And he had to unvote as insurance that vote won't draw uneeded attention.

Dawnsday wrote:

Lincolm wrote:

, but I hate policy lynch also.

Why? If he's not commited to reading he's going to hurt town in the long run. It's not FUN to policy lynch rest assured I'd rather the idea was never even conceived but honestly.

I agree we shouldnt straight call it a day here and lynch but it should 100% be an option for us moving forward.

He unvoted zekks twice in a row. Didn't vote in between. Not sure if mistake or just in case to make sure people notice that he unvoted zekks. Also I did it because for reasons I explained my reasoning for it in the rEdo iso. But if dawnsday experienced a selfvote turning scum previous game, then why doesn't he just claim I am scum and vote for me then? I think my actions are just as scummy. This kinda kills the "Dawnsday as scum votes upon chance" theory. As the thinking goes, if someone appears scummy, the vote would be automatically justified for scum, but that it is not seen with Dawnsday

Dawnsday wrote:

I have little to no faith in the power of PoE currently, seriously it's day 1.

Also, how and why does selfvoting exist in mafia; I seriously fail to see it's applications in any useful scenario. The last time I saw it used was BBoy last game and he did it to CLAIM he was scum.

Any other time it's used it's just straight up weird. Anyone explain it's use here? (Sorry I'm still learning mafia apparently).

unvote

removing my vote on Zekks because this is a weird gamestate

Ace Timing wrote:

abraker wrote:

Hika's need for VC is less scummy than Ace's refusal to help explain why Hika is a townread by requesting a VC himself. Sounds like a setup for something. Also considering how Dawnsday previously decided to push for zekks lynch, there is def something up.

I'm very curious to know what you think is up.
I mean, why would you refuse to justify a town read for someone who is likely to be lynched? You are saying town, but your refusal says you are ok with the lynch. Your unvoting Hika doesn't even make sense with your refusal to explain. Hence, it sounds like a setup for something

I pray this will be formatted correctly

abraker
tl;dr dawnsday push: He still insisted people to think about why zekks might be scum even though everything about it has been said. That and he had to unvote as soon as that choice started being less popular. Also the double unvote, but that might be me reading too much into it.
Lincolm
Okay, I have all Sunday for myself so I can do some progress again this time. I have done reread because I missed a lot of context and I totally more confused with my reads right now.

This might answer the question so I put the quote in here with my read:

abraker wrote:

No shit sherlock. I can see how self votes lean toward scum, but for the same reason I fail to see how the lean towards scum. I saw it as safe move because it would indeed lead toward scum and that everyone knows it's a scum move.
Anyway, abraker's self-vote is just bad and I found his reaction is highly scummy. He did that in the sake of his integrity when he under pressured. I don't know why his integrity is more important than town information. He completely ignored the reason why he is bandwagoned. For me, he looks like already plan this from start, trying to denying information for town when a lot of people are passive, and asking for other town sympathy. And there is no reason for town to self-vote except to avoid no-lynch.

Tbh, I failed to see his AtE because it looked artificial at the first time I read it. Some towns actually do this when they are pissed off or upset, but I don't know how and why unjustified 2 votes makes abraker upset. And I actually consider this as too egocentric play, like what rEdo said, but it might be coming from town. Duh to myself...

Actually, you could search by yourself the reason why self-vote is bad. This kind of knowledge is not a diversion when it is really happening in game, though. But it is your own choice if you want to read it or not.

Foxtrot wrote:

Considering abraker is L-2 and the final day is almost over, that worries me though.
What make you think abraker can't unvote at that time?

Hika wrote:

And it's more suspicious that three people are still on my case about it
Uh... my question is not why you need VC to vote, but why didn't you vote someone who you suspect as scum with lesser vote. But actually, everyone lack of serious vote (even myself), so I don't really know.

Anyway, for serious thing, how you asked VC many times is weird, though. I consider you might get cautious with your vote also because previous game, so it is not weird at all if I took that as a reason.

abraker wrote:

Event #1: If she is scum, then vote count is needed to know how to form your read to target others
I will completely disagree at this. If she is scum, don't you think she would just do her own vote count? No need to post "I need VC" in his post.

Also as I said, I don't want to discuss any PR things, except you have good reasons to persuade me why it is good for town to discuss it.

Hika wrote:

2.) Ace isn't my scum read because he can explain what I'm trying to do better than I can. I take kindly to him defending me as I can't do it myself. Scum woudn't even dare defend their partner so openly, so you're making a connection where there isn't one. If he was bothering you so much why not vote him? It would make him look more scummy than me, no?
Not sure about this one, but JohnMedina's "wording" is somehow bad? Personally I think you can defend yourself in that case and I don't see how you and Ace is both scum. (I know it was for Foxtrot but I really want to comment on this)

Ace Timing wrote:

2. there's daychat, ergo his whole team would be on that wagon.
Eh? It is only pre-game and nightchat. Are you doing this on purpose?

Zexion wrote:

What makes you think Ace has a real reason for waiting for a VC or it's just something to taunt Hika's way of playing?
I really want to see what Ace is going to say about this.

Aomi wrote:

@Lincolm I've read your ISO and you kept saying "then why not vote me" or something of the sort. Why is that?
You seem very confident, but then again that could just be a mask to win towncred.
Because I know that I'm town. It is the best reaction I can get because I know my alignment. As I said, we really lack of serious votes, they only said "this guy or this guy might be scum, but I'm not sure" and not voting anyone. I have no idea, they said I might be scum that time, but not voting.

I don't know how is that very confident, though.

What do you think about people not going to vote you, at least for today?

==

Unvote
Self-vote scum with a lot of analyzed ISO wall posts doesn't suit well.

Please at least let us have 12 hours. I know that deadline is very near, but I already see the timer we at least have 24 hours before deadline. I'm so sleepy that I can't describe how agitated with this wagon, it's so fast yet so weak reasoning? Every reasoning are weak right now IMO. (And no, TI7 doesn't even finished yet when I posted this, holifuck)
Hika
ifk I think it's pretty weak reasoning too @lincolm
Ace Timing
@abraker: what am I setting up tho
Ace Timing

abraker wrote:

You are saying town, but your refusal says you are ok with the lynch.
no it fucking doesn't lol
abraker

Ace Timing wrote:

@abraker: what am I setting up tho
Didn't I already answer this? It was here. Here is the quote in case you won't find it still:

abraker wrote:

But going deeper, the fact you are refusing to share your read on Hika makes me suspicious of whether you are doing it so to not to talk about your scum partner or to allow the setup of an unconditional bandwagon on Hika.

Ace Timing wrote:

abraker wrote:

You are saying town, but your refusal says you are ok with the lynch.
no it fucking doesn't lol
You need to explain that with a little more than just "no it fucking doesn't"
Zexion

abraker wrote:

Zexion wrote:

Hold on. What makes you think Ace has a real reason for waiting for a VC or it's just something to taunt Hika's way of playing? About Dawnsday push's on Zekks, I thought someone said it was genuine due to being few minutes after that post? Now it's scum indicative? Foxtrot may as well be scum for that same last reason. Your conclusion is quite hasty.
The way he did it though. He did it is a taunt and as a "no" to me in regards on why he thinks Hika is town. About the dawnsday's push on zekks, it's just my view on it.
About Ace: Okay, but that's just your interpretation. Maybe you're just exaggerating.
About Dawnsday: Right, if you didn't consider it a "good move" back then I have no problems with that suspicion. It's just natural to think both.

Foxtrot wrote:

Zexion wrote:

Seems to overly explain herself over and over again.
I have nothing new to offer and I've been insanely busy lately so I can't help but do that, sorry
These kind of posts make me wonder how to reply. I understand having a busy life, but it's better just to say "prod dodge" rather than repeating stuff, trust me, it goes a long way in mafia games.

Also why people keep saying "I can't read Zexion because he posts too little". Stuff like this often happens in mafia, and we can't really let scum slip past the inactivity excuse.
abraker

Zexion wrote:

About Ace: Okay, but that's just your interpretation. Maybe you're just exaggerating.
Perhaps. It bothers me like a needle poking at skin.
Hika
Is it possible to extend deadline by 48 HRS, cuz I just realized we had two replacements and inactivity killed us

I think I'm asking for too much ¿
Hika
I have a project to do for work and it's due tomorrow so Ima be back
Things I need to do:
Reply to Aomi
Reply to Foxtrot
Type my reads in detail
Foxtrot

Zexion wrote:

These kind of posts make me wonder how to reply. I understand having a busy life, but it's better just to say "prod dodge" rather than repeating stuff, trust me, it goes a long way in mafia games.
Thank you for the advice. This is literally my first mafia game ever so any tip is helpful for later on
Lincolm
Posting what happening so far.

Abraker is somehow still rubbing me wrong, but he is doing interesting analyzed ISO. Hika -> rEdo -> Ace
@abraker : What makes you decide to analyze those people, in that order?
You could ISO Foxtrot, or John, or me because early discussion involved with us.

abraker wrote:

This is a response to Lincolm saying that while we can attempt to lynch zekks, if he flips town, then that would be super bad. Yet Dawnsday still want to convince that doing that to zekks is a good consideration... right after choosing to unvote. He is still pushing to make zekks lynched and it's becomming how subtly, yet forcefully he is doing that. Given my previous comment regarding Dawnsday needing to lynch zekks instead of NK because of PR, this makes perfect sense. And he had to unvote as insurance that vote won't draw uneeded attention.
Related to what you said in here, Foxtrot pushed this but in blatantly manners. Here is the quote:

Foxtrot wrote:

yeah, we do have PRs, but what makes you think Zekks is one and not just vanilla? Just chance?

I still don't get why we should back off from Zekks if he's scum, like Hika and Lincolm are suggesting. Sure, there's not enough content, but does it really matter if there's enough evidence that shows Zekks having higher chances of scum instead of town? I'd like to see more content from Zexion and John, as well
Please give your opinion regarding this
==

John is still way too passive. Basically his read is because of his paranoia or assumption that makes only sense if that guy is scum. The problem is he never pushed his assumption and back down(?) easily, but it might be because he has hard time to read people because his constant paranoia. I don't think he is scum because he engaged in voting people down first. How to wording this one? If he is "newb-scum" who have "paranoia", he wouldn't vote first. Leaning town

==

I don't know how to read Zexion. Dull Null. The only bother me is his vote hanging in Hika entire day.

==

I read Dawnsday as town, however Ace is make me unsure about this slot. Probably because his playstyle, but my gut is tinglings. I like he defends Hika, but I don't like HOW he defends Hika. I vote Hika because for the luls, probably he has connection with Hika. Why can't you just be straight up that Hika is town? It is near deadline.

This is only assumption but somehow he looks like sheeping the way of Hika's play and intentionally play passive, but I never seen he play anyway.

==

Foxtrot is town. I don't know why Hika and Ace read this slot as scum.

==

Hika is leaning town, I guess. Look, this is my bad side but I'm really weak with AtE post. He is upset with the fast wagon, well it is natural regardless alignment, but he is implying a lot that he will flipped as town. His reaction is genuine... I think.

==

Zekks is town. We got an expert in this slot replacement here. I found his case in Hika is "well, it is just your opinion". Angry people usually insult his around even though he doesn't really mean it. And holding vote sometimes just a personality tells. But it is just my opinion.

==

rEdo is still my 3rd town list. No change, still same reason like before.
Lincolm
@Ace Timing : Who do you want to vote right now?
Hika
I would like redo to drop in ASAP.
johnmedina999
I voted Hika to put pressure on her but she's acting very calmly, I don't think she's scum. She was null on my last read but despite her VC scandal I would say she's leaning town. I'm not going to unvote yet, though.
johnmedina999
Wait, Hika has been playing this game forever so she might just be a good actor, I didn't think of this.
Aomi

Lincolm wrote:

What do you think about people not going to vote you, at least for today?
I think it's sensible I won't be voted. I've only just arrived and the day is basically over, any type of discussion that props up regarding me/my role today is simply too late and wouldn't reach a conclusion in time or would be reached in a hurry leading to plenty of mistakes in reasoning from either end of the spectrum. I fully expect this psuedo vote immunity to expire tommorow but for now it just seems logical.

Zexion wrote:

Also why people keep saying "I can't read Zexion because he posts too little". Stuff like this often happens in mafia, and we can't really let scum slip past the inactivity excuse.
Hmm maybe i'm being too iffy on activity. I feel like I might just be projecting that onto you because I'm struggling to read you as anything other than a null (town). You're right, inactivity/rareposting happens often in mafia. I'll reread your ISO and see what I can determine.
Aomi
@mod - can you replace Zekks with me in the main post please ?
Thank you.
abraker

Lincolm wrote:

Abraker is somehow still rubbing me wrong, but he is doing interesting analyzed ISO. Hika -> rEdo -> Ace
@abraker : What makes you decide to analyze those people, in that order?
Hika's needing of VC made me suspicious and the ISO didn't seem to be that big, so I got down to it
rEdo's iso seemed to be the smallest, so I figured I can knock that one too
Dawn/Ace's ISO was a bit bigger, but I knew I had to understand them since I couldn't tell anything of them at that point.
Zex would be next because I know nothing of him right now.
If I could, John would be after Zex, and then you
Foxtrot would prob be last because analyzing all of those posts looks intimidating
Can't do Aomi until D2, unfortunately. Zekks had nothing to offer and Aomi hasn't done enough yet imo

The analysis help me understand more about the player since I focus on them more. I started with ones I had null, don't understand much, and easy to get through.

Lincolm wrote:

Related to what you said in here, Foxtrot pushed this but in blatantly manners. Here is the quote:

Foxtrot wrote:

yeah, we do have PRs, but what makes you think Zekks is one and not just vanilla? Just chance?

I still don't get why we should back off from Zekks if he's scum, like Hika and Lincolm are suggesting. Sure, there's not enough content, but does it really matter if there's enough evidence that shows Zekks having higher chances of scum instead of town?
Johnmedina's comment here doesn't help either. She might have just looked for logical reasoning within actions. It's hard for me to judge not went over the ISOs in detail.
Hika
Idk if anyone has said this but I am comfortable with a No Lynch today.
I feel like D2 can give us more answers.
Hika
unvote
abraker
@Lincolm I stumbled upon this while making Zexion's ISO, which occurs 2 pages after the quote you asked me about.

Foxtrot wrote:

I'm probably shooting myself in the foot by latching on Zekks's claim, but it's hard because there's not much content going on. But what other choice do I have, especially on D1? Like I said, I voted Zekks to get a reaction out of them but I got nothing. I might back down if it wasn't for the fact that a lot of new players tend to lurk the game when they have a mafia role, probably because it's a bit harder to play with a role like that.
Foxtrot is aware his latching to Zekks is making him suspicious much like I am aware my self-vote would make me suspicious. However, his explanation is to get a reaction from zekks, which never came. I would claim that Foxtrot only changed her vote because Hika showed signs of screwing up, and therefore the bandwagon be favorable, but between zekks and Hika, my bandwagon was favorable as well due to my self vote, and so I don't think the late change of vote from zekks to hika is indicative of scum behavior.
abraker
wtf new forums have double post protection. Somebody else will need to post for me to get the Zexion ISO out
Hika
here u go
abraker
thanks hika

Zexion

RVS

Zexion wrote:

OH HEY I FELL ASLEEP BUT HERE I AM YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Vote: Hika

I'm pretty sure you're mafia because you didn't like my bastard game!

(Semi-drunk post will come up with more later)

ALSO I JUST NOTICED BEEBOY YOU STOLE MY RULESET, NOT THAT I CAN COMPLAIN BECAUSE I STOLE IT TOO BUT I WANTED TO MENTION IT.

null

Zexion wrote:

Wait it was actually my role PM's but whatever.

johnmedina999 wrote:

Foxtrot wrote:

RVS is always grand, isn't it

May I ask what RVS is?

Random Voting Stage

Friendly suggestion: read the announcement in the top of this forum! Lots of basic stuff is explained there.

You say it's too early to assume bandwagons mean anything, but proceeds to question John why John thinks rEdo and Hika bandwagons mean nothing.

Zexion wrote:

Too soon to be wallin'. Too much newbhunting and too little scumhunting.

Lincolm wrote:

That's logical answer. And no, I just ask if you get red or green colour, hoping you to answer red somehow.

Well-written flavour, though.

Lincolm plz, even the role PM's are up.

johnmedina999 wrote:

I purposely did not give out any information because there was no real reason to. If someone asks for your credit card info, would you give it to them on the spot? I thought so. Also, I voted for him because RVS: there was no one to really vote for, no evidence to analyze yet, but the second he started fishing for an easy noob kill, it seems suspicious to me, and I voted.

Foxtrot, you confuse me. Hopping onto the first bandwagon that seemed plausible would be a scum thing to do (redo and Hika bandwagons are based on nothing), but I see you are starting to hop off it with your post, and going more neutral. My instincts tell me this is not a scum move, but there is also the possibility of you being Mafia and Lincolm being your partner: as soon as you saw Zekks thinking about hopping on the bandwagon, you saw that your partner being killed might be a certain possibility, and you hopped off the wagon to avoid that. That seems suspicious to me.

I still hold my vote against Lincolm, though, because even if going after fresh meat is a plausible thing to do, trying to create a bandwagon is scummy to me.

It's way too soon to be assuming bandwagons mean something. I've seen games when players get to L-1 and it doesn't mean anything in particular. Also why do you assume rEdo and Hika wagons are "based on nothing"? Have you ever asked the reasons why is that?

Just like how Ace kept the vote on Hika even though he read her as town. Though I should ask, for what reason did you keep your vote for?

Zexion wrote:

johnmedina999 wrote:

Well, I guess I meant nothing in this game. The first vote was for redo by Hika with no reasoning or previous posts, and you voted for Hika because she "didn't like my bastard game", which (to me) is not based on anything. Sure, cross-game interactions are valuable, but the reasoning isn't there. Now that you're here, may I ask if you have a different reason for voting for Hika?

My vote may have been RVS, but that doesn't mean I keep it for the same reason.

I missed Dawnsday image-posts.

This is going to be a fun game.

You saying that Dawnsday is over-analyzing comes with a negative connotation indicating he is doing something wrong. Dawsday's conclusion was that Lincolm's color thing was a flawed attempt. If you agreed that it is a flawed attempt, then why bother indicating he is doing something wrong? He could have said that the analysis if bs, but he agrees that it was flawed. Therefore, I have reason to believe Zexion thinks Lincolm's color thing has some meaning. So it's contradiction in belief or zexion didn't bother interpreting the entire thing and just picked the strongest bit of it to comment upon.

Zexion wrote:

Dawnsday wrote:

My entire opinion on the entire "PM color" thing is that no matter what John responded (even red?), it couldn't be taken at face value ever. He responds green? Duh he's scum, or town. Leaving you with nothing. He responds with nor green nor red? Great, he's given you nothing. He responds red? He can simply claim he was trying to see how far you'd push him as a newb and how devoted you'd be to taking such info at face value. (Though I'm not sure I'd even consider this a possbility in hindsight, just pointing out that even in the most extreme of responses it could be played off.) therefore I think the entire concept of asking for his PM color was flawed in response.

I think you're just overanalyzing a bad newb-test Lincolm did.

eh, null

Zexion wrote:

Sorry, a bit disconnected right now.

So what's the case on Zekks? Besides their bold claim about mafia to fear them which is pretty null right now. In any case, after a statement like that I definitely wouldn't lynch them today.

This was later cleared up and was a misunderstanding

Zexion wrote:

Hika wrote:

I'm willing to stand my ground on voting an anti town but anti town > scum so we need to get off zekks a bit.

oooh what? Pretty sure we win if we go the other way. A player may be anti-town, but still town after all.

Hika wrote:

There's no point in letting Zekks go off easy so pressure him harder to see what he's all about.
@Zekks: what da fuck u think you doing playing the way you're playing

Maybe it's just me, but if Zekks really meant what he wrote (and it was not some funny rvs stuff) then there's not much more to explain. I totally agree with the second phrase tho.

To quote someone who later said, "These kind of posts make me wonder how to reply. I understand having a busy life, but it's better just to say "prod dodge" rather than repeating stuff, trust me, it goes a long way in mafia games." Other than that, I am scratching my head on why he thinks zekks's dumb actions are more important than my self vote.

Zexion wrote:

Phoneposting on train. Note to all : I usually have time to check the game once a day due to college and work, I can't be more active than that but that's mt usual activity in mafia games.

I don't really like the sudden abraker wagon (self votes suck but being derrotostnisn't a scumtell by itself, tho it's very anti-town and I don't see how some people are sayin he's helping town) but I'm more concerned about the Zekks one from before, I'll reread stuff when I get home.

[color=#FF40BF][b]null, cleared misunderstanding, but then in regards to going all the way to the end with the self-vote. What does that make me now? Also concerning the last bit where you asked questions to John and Dawn, your ISO shows little content due to your inactivity. Why should I think you are town?
Zexion like to contradict himself a lot, though it's not necessarily indicative of scum behavior. I feel he is helplessly stepping on landmines as he struggles with irl stuff.[/b][/color]

Zexion wrote:

@EVERYONE: before we go foward, I like to ask one thing.

Do you understand how power roles are asigned in Matrix9? I'm asking this because there was a MASSIVE confusion last game and that caused a lot of needless debate. (If you don't understand please ask now, if you do, no need to reply to this)

----------------

So... foxtrot was the first one to vote Zekks after he claimed no mafia can stop him. I'm really interested why he considered so much about this being scum indicative, these kind of claims can't be resolved D1 because there's just too much risk. Him not answering questions is a totally different matter tho. Are the rest of such wagon just oportunistic?

Hika wrote:

Also Zex, when i said anti town > scum, I meant it as a way like "sure he's anti town to me right now but I'd rather not vote for his lynch when we could be scum hunting"

hope that clears it up.

Oh okay, I do agree with that.

Dawnsday wrote:

Hika wrote:

Also, self voting strategy shouldn't be mentioned here. Maybe google it cause we're currently in game and dont want mafia doing anything with that information.

Strikes me as a LAMIST post mainly due to the "dont want mafia doing anything with that information". Just feels like such a weird addition to the sentence in general, ending at "we're currently in game" would've been acceptable but the last bit seems to be tacked on solely to remind us you're not mafia.

AFAIK Hika has never been too expresive, she usually goes with only a few lines per posts not explaing ideas a lot. I do agree with that statement anyways: if you have a plan which involves self-voting, you have to go to the end otherwise it will be for nothing. Same goes with reaction testing or stuff like that.

@John, @Dawnsday: why is Foxtrot so town? Going through her ISO shows little content in her lasts posts, last thing was the accusation to Zekks which I kinda understand but I don't see how she "analyses players very well". I do agree with she moving the game forward.

mostly null.

Zexion wrote:

Foxtrot wrote:

Zexion wrote:

So... foxtrot was the first one to vote Zekks after he claimed no mafia can stop him. I'm really interested why he considered so much about this being scum indicative, these kind of claims can't be resolved D1 because there's just too much risk. Him not answering questions is a totally different matter tho. Are the rest of such wagon just oportunistic?

I'm probably shooting myself in the foot by latching on Zekks's claim, but it's hard because there's not much content going on. But what other choice do I have, especially on D1? Like I said, I voted Zekks to get a reaction out of them but I got nothing. I might back down if it wasn't for the fact that a lot of new players tend to lurk the game when they have a mafia role, probably because it's a bit harder to play with a role like that.

And abraker is already voting for himself for the sake of PoE and he genuinely thinks that's gonna help town in the long run, but that's just dumb. It's not worth losing two town people over this.

Unless he wants to make us think that he's town, so it'd make sense if he's scum trying to gain our trust by doing something reckless,, claiming that it's for the greater good of town. That's why he's not backing down. That possibility doesn't sound too unrealistic. I'm glad people are wary of his actions.

Yeah, there wasn't much more for content progression but you repeated the same thing... quite a few times. Your vote was kind of right tho, because that brought up the stronger claim. I definitely won't be up for a Zekks lynch right now, because new players also tend to be intimidated of the on-going discussion, there's a lot of question directed to him unaswered tho, but until he comes back, I can't be sure if he is still dodging them.

I'm still not sure if Dawn's vote on Zekks after just was oportunistic or a well thought-pressure plan.

also null, but to answer john here, Lincolm targeted a lot of people. I just happened to have more opportunities to replay to the posts.

Zexion wrote:

johnmedina999 wrote:

Zexion wrote:

@John, @Dawnsday: why is Foxtrot so town? Going through her ISO shows little content in her lasts posts, last thing was the accusation to Zekks which I kinda understand but I don't see how she "analyses players very well". I do agree with she moving the game forward.

By good analyses I was thinking of back in the beginning of the game, but you're right about recent posts not having much content. As for why I think she's town...her posts don't seem scummy, maybe she's pushing the Zekks train too hard after most decided to leave it for now (most of her longer, more recent posts have something to do with Zekks), but again, she doesn't really seem like she's mafia.

I'm curious about this. If foxtrot is town for her analytical posts, then Lincolm should also fall into that category (specially for this post, but you are (or were?) reading him as scum. Your reads aren't consistent.

johnmedina999 wrote:

It may just be my lack of experience, but I think Lincolm and abraker have been 1v1-ing for far too long, it's starting to look like bussing to me. Ever since this post, where Lincolm invokes abraker out of the blue, and the two start arguing. This wasn't suspicious back then, but certainly looks suspicious now; Lincolm might say that he was one of the only people active at the time and that it was random, but there was redo and Zekks to ask as well; why would he specifically choose abraker to invoke?

It doesn't help that almost all of both abraker's and Lincolm's posts have been fighting with each other, either. Either they're bussing each other, or one of them is town taking advantage of the situation.

I don't really think both of them are scum, their dicussion seems to be a natural progression of the accusations, I mean, -it could be-, but I don't really see something indicative of bussing.

John effed up his reading post. And boy do I want to see magic with Hika now since we are four hours away from deadline as of writing this. Shame Hika can't offer much and Ace is withholding supposedly important info about Hika

Zexion wrote:

johnmedina999 wrote:

Zexion wrote:

I'm curious about this. If foxtrot is town for her analytical posts, then Lincolm should also fall into that category (specially for this post) but you are (or were?) reading him as scum. Your reads aren't consistent.

Well, it is true that both are very analytic, but Lincolm is still on my scum radar for the 1v1 claim I posted earlier; even so, his last post and his overall confidence are making me change my mind ever so slightly, although the latter might just be good acting, and the former might be me being a n00b. I'll have to wait and see.

But you didn't say that on your original read list, that only makes me wonder if you just arbitraly decided Lincolm was scum.

Hika wrote:

I dont want scum to come along and 'accidentally' hammer abraker also. Would be dumb for anyone else to vote him without a complete town decision. hope you see where im coming from

I often don't consider this as a valid reason for holding a vote. L-1 is where magic happens, but yeah, its debatable whether or not put someone at L-1 on a newbie game because of people not often realizing how dangerous quickhammers are. However, considering the deadline, I think it's not THAT risky to put someone at L-1.

Null

Zexion wrote:

Lota of ahit happened and I was unable to post.

I'll catch up in a few hours.

Null

Zexion wrote:

@Mod: please put the deadline in the topic?

[color=#FF40BF][b]To answer the first part directed toward me, these is just my analysis on individual's actions and my thoughts on their possible thoughts. I will definitely be going back to my ISOs for even deeper analysis of possible player-player interactions. It's hard to do those if you don't have a concentrated ISO to work with since piecing together scattered info is a nightmare.

Second part I know isn't sarcasm and is legit. Hika did accidentally vote causing a town lynch. This is why my suspicion is more on Ace than it is on Hika.
Though, Hika, I am trying to find that game to prove it and can't find it. I vaguely recall it had to do you lynching Jesse, but I am not sure if I am mixing stuff up. Maybe you can find?

Reads make sense[/b][/color]

Zexion wrote:

First off, I would like to sincerly apologize but some real shit happened real life and I was unable to come and post something significant. I know activity is kinda low right now and I don't want to hurt this game at all.

The ammount of wallposts coming from abraker is overwhelming. But I deeply disagree with one of tha main things you're doing: looking for particular scum/town/null posts. Any good player can make sometimes go anyway, It's much better to see them as a whole rather than just classifying each one, I've seen pro scum-player making ONLY town-posts, which is suspicious by itself.

Refer to:

Ace Timing wrote:

With the logic of "scum won't do scummy things," your scumhunting is extremely limited. Scumhunting is a townie action, and thus it's scum's prerogative to fake doing so; fake scumhunting is inherently scummy and it stops there. You're bending over backwards to tell me some irrelevant method of scumhunting from you that isn't applicable here.

Also I didn't want to point out Zekks could have said that because of doctor. Yeah, another reason not to vote him.

Hika wrote:

Thanks for letting me know your opinion on that @Zex.
I might just be very cautious about it is all. I just had an issue a few years back playing an I accidentally hammered without noticing VC. I'm just very curious when it comes to that and I can even link that game if I need to.

Is this sarcasm?

Hika wrote:

I don't understand what's so hard to get with me wanting vote counts

It's lazy. But understandable. And it's getting a bit old.

--------------------------------------------

I'm in a bit of a hurry right now so here are my reads:

Town:
  1. Ace: care-free attitude (often goes with "I have nothing to hide") and consistent posts. This mainly goes because I was already townreading dawnsday before and I'm going to keep this up atleast for D1.

Null-Town:
  1. abraker: extremely analyitical posts and has put a lot of effort to come to logical conclusions. I don't agree to all his methods, but I'm inclined to believe there are town intentions coming from here.
  2. Lincolm: pretty much the same as abraker, tho I'm mostly confused about his intentions. Has been defensive, but that isn't scum-aligned per-se.

Null:
  1. Aomi/Zekks: I'm not voting this guy D1. Period.
  2. rEdo: sure, eloquent posts and has driven the game forward. But most of the question he is making are not being followed-up by a conclusion or something. I am still waiting to see what is he going to do will all that information.
  3. foxtrot: placeholder, not decided yet.

Null-Scum:
  1. john: inconsistent reads and often repeats information in order to stay relevant.
  2. Hika: I see a serious lack of interest here. She has held out her vote for most of the game only because of VC issues, as I said before it's okay to be afraid for a quickhammer on newbie games but you also can warn about L-1 and ask for intent for hammerings. 90% of newbie town-players are scared to mess up and be read as scum, so it's extremely unlikely to see a quickhammer that's not scum related on these games.

I'll be back before the deadline, if I only knew what time that is...

I also explained why it couldn't be a bluff, for same reason.

Zexion wrote:

It's literally impossible for Zekks' post to be bluff or a reaction test. HE WOULD HAVE FOLLOWED IT INSTEAD OF DISSAPEARING.

Besides that kind of move is pretty hard to do for a newbie (tho he may not be it).

eh, null

Zexion wrote:

Man if this guy just threw that and get away we may have to inagurate a black list here.

Also I'm making another post while writing this.

Addressed the first part already. I was making a more detailed post on why I thought zekks was town based upon the PR stuff, but I read this and decided not to. Zexion has a point that there is not much to discuss about it anymore.

Zexion wrote:

@Mod: we really need a votecount to move some points of the game forward.

I like Hika's points on foxtrot. In fact, I was about to place foxtrot on my null-scum too. Seems to overly explain herself over and over again.

abraker wrote:

Hika's need for VC is less scummy than Ace's refusal to help explain why Hika is a townread by requesting a VC himself. Sounds like a setup for something. Also considering how Dawnsday previously decided to push for zekks lynch, there is def something up. My vote and read is justified. Dawn/Ace is scum.

abraker wrote:

It doesn't take a genius to know what his comments might imply, especially after Hika mentioned that it could be a hint toward a PR here. Zexion admitted he had the same PR as me in mind. No point in hiding it. It could have been a carefree behavior from scum, but since zekks got replaced, I doubt that care free behavior was a tactic. Using a dumb tactic on purpose and getting replaced later for inactivity sounds illogical to me. I wish I could ask zekks if he thinks doctor can vote self earlier when there was less suspicion of it being PR, but too late for that.

It's definitely bad to point out so much evidence for zekks being doctor since that would make aomi the NK candidate #1, but it best we accept the fact zekks goofed up and work from there.

Hika wrote:

Wait, may I see proof where someone said something about zekks being a doctor?
I only mentioned PR because of what Zekks said.

I didn't mention what kind of PR bc the setup is random...

[b]
There's literally no point in discussing this further.[/b] Discussing Zekks/Aomi's role will not change anything for the day 1 lynch.

null

Zexion wrote:

How much time have we got for deciding?

null

Zexion wrote:

abraker wrote:

Zexion wrote:

The way he did it though. He did it is a taunt and as a "no" to me in regards on why he thinks Hika is town. About the dawnsday's push on zekks, it's just my view on it.

About Dawnsday: Right, if you didn't consider it a "good move" back then I have no problems with that suspicion. It's just natural to think both.

Foxtrot wrote:

Zexion wrote:

Seems to overly explain herself over and over again.

I have nothing new to offer and I've been insanely busy lately so I can't help but do that, sorry

To summarize my thoughts, zexion def shows his experience in his posts and comes on to make good points. He doesn't seem to be moving the game forward into any biased direction, questioning only scratches the surface and lets others to further mine them down. If what Ace is true, and that he can be as inactive as scum, this is really an issue.
Hika
abraker, I will link that game for you. One second.
show more