forum

Newbie Game 16: Day 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Hika
Real quick too, bc I see everyone saying "why are you so lazy and always asking for VC"
I don't play on my laptop because I'm never home, always working, so I use my phone. I have issues typing all the time and everyone who's played with me knows that. It's just so crazy how I have to explain every single post why I cant format, do wall posts, etcetc since navigating on my phone is a hassle.
Hika
Vote: Foxtrot

doing this b4 I leave
Hika
Oh yeah, I know I'm posting a lot but I'm starting my day, grabbing food, and getting my nails done which takes a few hours.

I'm going to also add, Fox, you should honestly read over your ISO as abraker says and get back to us. You're playing badly without even realizing it. You've let up a few scumslips.
abraker

Ace Timing wrote:

I'm waiting for the VC to give my read on Hika
I refuse to believe that this was a legit reason to hold out on reads for you. I have dropped my shit after seeing this, and put out my vote, because it look as if it is meant to mock me. But going deeper, the fact you are refusing to share your read on Hika makes me suspicious of whether you are doing it so to not to talk about your scum partner or to allow the setup of an unconditional bandwagon on Hika. In either way, if you thought I would vote Hika for not understanding the why Hika's VC thing, you are wrong.

Hika's need for VC is less scummy than Ace's refusal to help explain why Hika is a townread by requesting a VC himself. Sounds like a setup for something. Also considering how Dawnsday previously decided to push for zekks lynch, there is def something up. My vote and read is justified. Dawn/Ace is scum.

Ace Timing wrote:

you're saying dawnsday suspected zekks was a medic and thought he would doc himself?
1. doctors can't do that on this site
2. there's daychat, ergo his whole team would be on that wagon.

Ace Timing wrote:

let me preface this by saying WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING FISHING FOR PRS. Beyond that, he's obviously fucking joking, and scum are equally liable to fuck around as town. This is another NAI point.
It doesn't take a genius to know what his comments might imply, especially after Hika mentioned that it could be a hint toward a PR here. Zexion admitted he had the same PR as me in mind. No point in hiding it. It could have been a carefree behavior from scum, but since zekks got replaced, I doubt that care free behavior was a tactic. Using a dumb tactic on purpose and getting replaced later for inactivity sounds illogical to me. I wish I could ask zekks if he thinks doctor can vote self earlier when there was less suspicion of it being PR, but too late for that.

It's definitely bad to point out so much evidence for zekks being doctor since that would make aomi the NK candidate #1, but it best we accept the fact zekks goofed up and work from there.
Hika
Wait, may I see proof where someone said something about zekks being a doctor?
I only mentioned PR because of what Zekks said.

I didn't mention what kind of PR bc the setup is random...
Foxtrot
I'm going to also add, Fox, you should honestly read over your ISO as abraker says and get back to us. You're playing badly without even realizing it. You've let up a few scumslips.
I read abraker's ISO and he never said I played badly. And when did I ever scumslip??
Hika
I know he didn't say that lol I'm saying that
Hika
I'll get back to you, about to go grab my foods
Aomi

Hika wrote:

idk why I play with newbies bc you guys miss the point of playing mafia
The whole point is to AS A TEAM, come up with a lynch before deadline, otherwise we might get rekt AS A TEAM
This post rubs the wrong way on multiple accounts:

You insult newbies whilst not really presenting anything, people are making discussions as a team to try and work out where their votes are best placed. They're split in every game ever on day 1 (Most of the time). This isn't exclusive to just Newbie games. you could argue this game is taking longer to reach a conclusion but let's not forget there's been 2 replacements thus far which obviously slows down the pace of votes.

Hika wrote:

I don't understand what's so hard to get with me wanting vote counts
I brought it up in my previous post but I do honestly feel there is a correlation between scum and caution (obviously, wanting constant updates on VC at this point is a sign of caution), scum often feel showing caution seems so pro-town so i'm skeptical of people who constantly emphasize their caution for this reason.

this is debatable obviously and is a philosophy i can certainly see people disagreeing with in future but currently i find it to be quite a reasonable tell.

i don't see much else you haven't "explained personally" since everyone has already gone through most of your stuff.

it's easy to say i'm sheeping but i am trying to formulate my own things here, just because opinions are the same it doesn't mean they're copied/sheeped, it's just a case of people agreeing on things. also i feel having to reread the thread a lot would naturally give me opinions similar to the majority.
Foxtrot

Hika wrote:

I'm not being paranoid, I'm trying to defend myself. I see I have a lot of votes on me and I should change that?? You've literally ignored most of my posts except the one's where I'm asking for VC. I only said I needed VC for my reads ONE TIME, and that wasn't to verify my reads, it was to see who the hell I can pressure because it was the most accurate thing to do at the time. If that's not clear to you idk what the hell is. You're acting more scummy than the other people voting me.
And why the hell would you need VC to see who you can pressure? You never even said that part. And why am I acting scum when what you just said is actually pretty scummy in itself? You kind of proved mine and abraker's point now.

Hika wrote:

My reads obviously influence town and I didn't want anyone to be like "okay so then vote abraker! *vote*" and have someone sneaky accidentally hammer. I don't think anyone is understanding this. And I dont want to be the only fucking one concerned about that but it's odd that no one else is caring about that.

And that's funny that you said that because nobody even acted that way towards abraker. Most people didn't vote him just because he offered himself for PoE, they voted him because he was acting scummy towards your reads. Also, you were obviously not the only one being concerned about that, because I also was, but I wanted to concentrate on actual scumhunting instead of abraker.

Hika wrote:

Maybe when you accuse me of scumslips, actually show me where I did? It's easy for you to say that without showing any proof. And what makes you say that I'm not realizing my mistakes? I literally did a post about that.

Hika wrote:

I know he didn't say that lol I'm saying that
Why are you playing in a newbie game if all you're going to do is act this way towards one
Foxtrot
I have an eight hour shift today so I'll be off for the entire day
Hika

Hika wrote:

Hika wrote:

Hika wrote:

Hika wrote:

Foxtrot
CALM DOWN

It's not like you have to reply to me right away and I don't have to wait for you in order to write my thoughts. I have my own fucking schedule as well and I have to leave for work soon and I wanted to write some input before I leave

fucking christ
Hika
b4 I log off, Aomi, understandable why you'd vote me then thanks for explaining
I'll reply back to the first quote because I'm not insulting newbies at all. I just think you took it personal for a reason and same with Fox.

I don't think anyone knows how I actually type which is weird to me and idk why you all take it so personal.
I'm not insulting anyone and idk how Fox's last quoted post shows me playing a certain type of wa

I merely replied and said I said you were playing badly, not abraker
Hika
also I'm calm dw
I just don't want you to feel heated because that is not my intention

I just didn't think you see when I said I'll quote you when I am able to
Hika
I don't want to make anyone mad, it's never my intention, I'm just here to play the game in a timely matter
Zexion
It's literally impossible for Zekks' post to be bluff or a reaction test. HE WOULD HAVE FOLLOWED IT INSTEAD OF DISSAPEARING.

Besides that kind of move is pretty hard to do for a newbie (tho he may not be it).
Hika

Zexion wrote:

It's literally impossible for Zekks' post to be bluff or a reaction test. HE WOULD HAVE FOLLOWED IT INSTEAD OF DISSAPEARING.

Besides that kind of move is pretty hard to do for a newbie (tho he may not be it).
He didn't show intention of playing however!
Don't exhaust all the options
Zexion
Man if this guy just threw that and get away we may have to inagurate a black list here.

Also I'm making another post while writing this.
Foxtrot

Hika wrote:

I just didn't think you see when I said I'll quote you when I am able to
I did, that's on you for assuming.

Hika wrote:

I don't think anyone knows how I actually type which is weird to me and idk why you all take it so personal.
I'm not insulting anyone and idk how Fox's last quoted post shows me playing a certain type of wa
No, I didn't say that. And that wasn't meant just for me, but for also the other time you complained about being in a newbie game.
Zexion
@Mod: we really need a votecount to move some points of the game forward.

I like Hika's points on foxtrot. In fact, I was about to place foxtrot on my null-scum too. Seems to overly explain herself over and over again.

abraker wrote:

Hika's need for VC is less scummy than Ace's refusal to help explain why Hika is a townread by requesting a VC himself. Sounds like a setup for something. Also considering how Dawnsday previously decided to push for zekks lynch, there is def something up. My vote and read is justified. Dawn/Ace is scum.
Hold on. What makes you think Ace has a real reason for waiting for a VC or it's just something to taunt Hika's way of playing? About Dawnsday push's on Zekks, I thought someone said it was genuine due to being few minutes after that post? Now it's scum indicative? Foxtrot may as well be scum for that same last reason. Your conclusion is quite hasty.

abraker wrote:

It doesn't take a genius to know what his comments might imply, especially after Hika mentioned that it could be a hint toward a PR here. Zexion admitted he had the same PR as me in mind. No point in hiding it. It could have been a carefree behavior from scum, but since zekks got replaced, I doubt that care free behavior was a tactic. Using a dumb tactic on purpose and getting replaced later for inactivity sounds illogical to me. I wish I could ask zekks if he thinks doctor can vote self earlier when there was less suspicion of it being PR, but too late for that.

It's definitely bad to point out so much evidence for zekks being doctor since that would make aomi the NK candidate #1, but it best we accept the fact zekks goofed up and work from there.

Hika wrote:

Wait, may I see proof where someone said something about zekks being a doctor?
I only mentioned PR because of what Zekks said.

I didn't mention what kind of PR bc the setup is random...

There's literally no point in discussing this further.
Discussing Zekks/Aomi's role will not change anything for the day 1 lynch.
Zexion
How much time have we got for deciding?
Hika
No idea on that yet. BTW, I agree on not voting Aomi today however it did make me curious where this doctor claim came from
Foxtrot

Zexion wrote:

Seems to overly explain herself over and over again.
I have nothing new to offer and I've been insanely busy lately so I can't help but do that, sorry
Ace Timing

abraker wrote:

Hika's need for VC is less scummy than Ace's refusal to help explain why Hika is a townread by requesting a VC himself. Sounds like a setup for something. Also considering how Dawnsday previously decided to push for zekks lynch, there is def something up.
I'm very curious to know what you think is up.
Aomi
vote: Hika

i'll post a VC in a min
Aomi
Unofficial Votecount

abraker (2) - rEdo, Lincolm
Hika (4) - Zexion, Foxtrot, johnmedina999, Aomi L-1
Foxtrot (1) - Hika
rEdo (0) -
Aomi (0) -
Lincolm (0) -
Ace Timing (1) - abraker
Not Voting (1) - Ace Timing
Aomi
I seriously hope I didn't fuck anything up I literally looked through the ISOs at least 3 times but if there's a mistake let me know
Hika
idk where you see a town foxtrot I just don't understand it
Hika
there's obvs a scum on my wagon
Lincolm
Ei stop please I'm still watching TI7, holifuck, it's final and I don't want miss the tournament, but I don't want missing this game. I'm pretty sure mod extend our 24 hours, that's why I'm watching it and too lazy to read right now.
Aomi
@johnmedina999

Why aren't you being active in the thread?
You're pretty active elsewhere.
I think you're just trying really hard to fit in, hence why you repeat information over and over again, as Zexion mentioned.
All of your votes so far haven't been solid.
You tend to change your mind about a player after a post or two from them.
You seem to be really insecure.
Ace Timing
damn i didnt know we were in a shrink's office
Aomi
now u know
johnmedina999

Aomi wrote:

@johnmedina999

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what to do. This is my first game playing and my second game of experience (I've only read last game) and I'm kinda basing reads and actions from there, as well as my gut feeling. I know I'm not posting much, but I just don't know what to post.
Aomi

johnmedina999 wrote:

Aomi wrote:

@johnmedina999

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what to do. This is my first game playing and my second game of experience (I've only read last game) and I'm kinda basing reads and actions from there, as well as my gut feeling. I know I'm not posting much, but I just don't know what to post.
It's fine. Don't base everything from another game though, it could very well prove to be fatal.
Post anything you feel will help town, ask questions, etc.
Just be active. No one likes a lurker.
Aomi
We have around 9 hours left before the deadline btw.
Unless the extension was already counted in the countdown timer; then we have a little less than 2 hours left.
It'd be great if it's the former tbh.
Hika
Nope, add 24 hours to that
Hika

Aomi wrote:

@johnmedina999

You're pretty active elsewhere.
I think you're just trying really hard to fit in, hence why you repeat information over and over again, as Zexion mentioned.
All of your votes so far haven't been solid.
You tend to change your mind about a player after a post or two from them.
You seem to be really insecure.
imo this how I feel about fox
Aomi
I'd like it if rEdo and Zexion could post more so I can stabilize my reads on them.
Zexion definitely gives me town vibes, but due to his limited availability I can't make out a solid read.
rEdo on the other hand is completely null to me, I'll wait for him to come around I guess.
@Lincolm I've read your ISO and you kept saying "then why not vote me" or something of the sort. Why is that?
You seem very confident, but then again that could just be a mask to win towncred.
show more