forum

Newbie Game 16: Day 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Dawns

Hika wrote:

Also, self voting strategy shouldn't be mentioned here. Maybe google it cause we're currently in game and dont want mafia doing anything with that information.
Strikes me as a LAMIST post mainly due to the "dont want mafia doing anything with that information". Just feels like such a weird addition to the sentence in general, ending at "we're currently in game" would've been acceptable but the last bit seems to be tacked on solely to remind us you're not mafia.

Also upon actually rereading you don't have as many posts I find questionable as I seem to have remembered. You're probably still pretty null for me honestly. Sorry for forcing you to do stuff on your drinking night, I'm just giving my honest views!

also @mod can we have a votecount
Zexion
Phoneposting on train. Note to all : I usually have time to check the game once a day due to college and work, I can't be more active than that but that's mt usual activity in mafia games.

I don't really like the sudden abraker wagon (self votes suck but being derrotostnisn't a scumtell by itself, tho it's very anti-town and I don't see how some people are sayin he's helping town) but I'm more concerned about the Zekks one from before, I'll reread stuff when I get home.
Zexion
@EVERYONE: before we go foward, I like to ask one thing.

Do you understand how power roles are asigned in Matrix9? I'm asking this because there was a MASSIVE confusion last game and that caused a lot of needless debate. (If you don't understand please ask now, if you do, no need to reply to this)

----------------

So... foxtrot was the first one to vote Zekks after he claimed no mafia can stop him. I'm really interested why he considered so much about this being scum indicative, these kind of claims can't be resolved D1 because there's just too much risk. Him not answering questions is a totally different matter tho. Are the rest of such wagon just oportunistic?

Hika wrote:

Also Zex, when i said anti town > scum, I meant it as a way like "sure he's anti town to me right now but I'd rather not vote for his lynch when we could be scum hunting"

hope that clears it up.
Oh okay, I do agree with that.

Dawnsday wrote:

Hika wrote:

Also, self voting strategy shouldn't be mentioned here. Maybe google it cause we're currently in game and dont want mafia doing anything with that information.
Strikes me as a LAMIST post mainly due to the "dont want mafia doing anything with that information". Just feels like such a weird addition to the sentence in general, ending at "we're currently in game" would've been acceptable but the last bit seems to be tacked on solely to remind us you're not mafia.
AFAIK Hika has never been too expresive, she usually goes with only a few lines per posts not explaing ideas a lot. I do agree with that statement anyways: if you have a plan which involves self-voting, you have to go to the end otherwise it will be for nothing. Same goes with reaction testing or stuff like that.

@John, @Dawnsday: why is Foxtrot so town? Going through her ISO shows little content in her lasts posts, last thing was the accusation to Zekks which I kinda understand but I don't see how she "analyses players very well". I do agree with she moving the game forward.
Hika

Dawnsday wrote:

Also upon actually rereading you don't have as many posts I find questionable as I seem to have remembered. You're probably still pretty null for me honestly. Sorry for forcing you to do stuff on your drinking night, I'm just giving my honest views!

You're not forcing me to do anything don't worry! I'm back from drinking so I'll post a bit.

I can definitely see where it could rub you incorrectly, but I meant it in a way where I wouldn't want to give the wrong people information that would work against town. I have many ways where I, myself as a player, would implement self-voting but would rather not go in depth with it this game.

Lets just say in my opinion, I see it as a shitty town confirming tactic as well as a ballsy scum move. As I said before, I'd rather have an anti town than a scum deceiving me but if that anti town is being extremely counteractive in our scum hunting, I'd be willing to get rid of them D1 to save town the trouble of being confused later on down the road.
Hika
After bboy VC then I'll be able to narrow down my reads a bit further. I have more people in the red rather than green, sad to say
Hika
also no more shitty reaction tests i'm not gonna let this over analyzing colors of your role PMs pass anymore lol
Foxtrot

Zexion wrote:

So... foxtrot was the first one to vote Zekks after he claimed no mafia can stop him. I'm really interested why he considered so much about this being scum indicative, these kind of claims can't be resolved D1 because there's just too much risk. Him not answering questions is a totally different matter tho. Are the rest of such wagon just oportunistic?
I'm probably shooting myself in the foot by latching on Zekks's claim, but it's hard because there's not much content going on. But what other choice do I have, especially on D1? Like I said, I voted Zekks to get a reaction out of them but I got nothing. I might back down if it wasn't for the fact that a lot of new players tend to lurk the game when they have a mafia role, probably because it's a bit harder to play with a role like that.

And abraker is already voting for himself for the sake of PoE and he genuinely thinks that's gonna help town in the long run, but that's just dumb. It's not worth losing two town people over this.

Unless he wants to make us think that he's town, so it'd make sense if he's scum trying to gain our trust by doing something reckless,, claiming that it's for the greater good of town. That's why he's not backing down. That possibility doesn't sound too unrealistic. I'm glad people are wary of his actions.

Besides, why did abraker vote himself after rEdo if he could have just done it without someone else triggering it? I asked rEdo why he chose abraker and he asked me who would I have chosen instead. I straight up told him I don't know. But he also didn't answer my question, instead asking me another one, and that's a way to dodge a question as well.

so let me ask you again rEdo, why abraker?

Hika wrote:

Lets just say in my opinion, I see it as a shitty town confirming tactic as well as a ballsy scum move. As I said before, I'd rather have an anti town than a scum deceiving me but if that anti town is being extremely counteractive in our scum hunting, I'd be willing to get rid of them D1 to save town the trouble of being confused later on down the road.
I understand that it's your night out so I won't pressure you but next time please write your thoughts in a more detailed way, and provide more information as to why you think that way. This is still rather vague to me.

Hika wrote:

I have more people in the red rather than green, sad to say
Who?
Hika
Tell me what you'd like me to explain.
And I won't reveal that until i see total votes.

I'm saying john is coming up p much town for me.
Zexion

Foxtrot wrote:

Zexion wrote:

I'm probably shooting myself in the foot by latching on Zekks's claim, but it's hard because there's not much content going on. But what other choice do I have, especially on D1? Like I said, I voted Zekks to get a reaction out of them but I got nothing. I might back down if it wasn't for the fact that a lot of new players tend to lurk the game when they have a mafia role, probably because it's a bit harder to play with a role like that.

And abraker is already voting for himself for the sake of PoE and he genuinely thinks that's gonna help town in the long run, but that's just dumb. It's not worth losing two town people over this.

Unless he wants to make us think that he's town, so it'd make sense if he's scum trying to gain our trust by doing something reckless,, claiming that it's for the greater good of town. That's why he's not backing down. That possibility doesn't sound too unrealistic. I'm glad people are wary of his actions.
Yeah, there wasn't much more for content progression but you repeated the same thing... quite a few times. Your vote was kind of right tho, because that brought up the stronger claim. I definitely won't be up for a Zekks lynch right now, because new players also tend to be intimidated of the on-going discussion, there's a lot of question directed to him unaswered tho, but until he comes back, I can't be sure if he is still dodging them.

I'm still not sure if Dawn's vote on Zekks after just was oportunistic or a well thought-pressure plan.
johnmedina999

Zexion wrote:

@John, @Dawnsday: why is Foxtrot so town? Going through her ISO shows little content in her lasts posts, last thing was the accusation to Zekks which I kinda understand but I don't see how she "analyses players very well". I do agree with she moving the game forward.
By good analyses I was thinking of back in the beginning of the game, but you're right about recent posts not having much content. As for why I think she's town...her posts don't seem scummy, maybe she's pushing the Zekks train too hard after most decided to leave it for now (most of her longer, more recent posts have something to do with Zekks), but again, she doesn't really seem like she's mafia.
johnmedina999
I just noticed that quite a few people are still worried about the Zekks train so I take that bit back.
Topic Starter
beeboy123
Day 1, VC 2

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to lynch!

abraker (3) - rEdo, Lincolm, abraker
Hika (1) - Zexion
rEdo (1) - [ - Zekks - ]
[ - Zekks - ] (1) - Foxtrot
Lincolm (1) - johnmedina999
Not Voting (2) - Dawnsday, Hika,

Mod Notes - There was an error in the last vote count which is currently fixed.

Deadline: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... nt=cursive
rEdo

Foxtrot wrote:

Zexion wrote:

Besides, why did abraker vote himself after rEdo if he could have just done it without someone else triggering it? I asked rEdo why he chose abraker and he asked me who would I have chosen instead. I straight up told him I don't know. But he also didn't answer my question, instead asking me another one, and that's a way to dodge a question as well.

so let me ask you again rEdo, why abraker?
That's because he's the most active in my could-be-scum-list, and I wanted to pressure him to fish out his reaction. That's how I usually (and I think that's how people should generally) use my vote. Why specifically abraker? He has shown that little information I could work him. I thought of pressuring john first, but then I realised he could scumslip by trying to get back on the Zekks wagon, because that seems like the easiest lynch scum could pull out today. And hell, that's what happened.

I hate the fact that abraker has not answered my question (who's scum?) yet, too. I feel like I forced out his reads, but he doesn't seem to be actually hunting for scum.
rEdo

johnmedina999 wrote:

I just noticed that quite a few people are still worried about the Zekks train so I take that bit back.
lol
Lincolm

abraker wrote:

abraker wrote:

Lincolm: The only problem is that he bandwagons with no real justification. Just declare a bandwagon, he will be second to hop on it
Slight correction: He bandwagons with no real justification, and makes it seem like it is a normal thing to do. I get it if you are trying to choke out activity or info, but it doesn't make sense otherwise.
It is normal things to do in MS, but MS has 2 weeks for the day. It makes sense for me. You bandwagon people, you get his reaction, you get interaction between people why did they pressure that person initially and why didn't they pressure him. You townread him, you unvote.

The thing is you're trying to make everyone who make bandwagons bad right now, so no one is going to vote their scumread, even for smallest gut, because "he is bandwagoning people". When this town are going to vote? When they are sure 100% someone is scum? If you scumread me, then you should have vote me instead self-voting.

Maybe your previous game makes you more aware with everyone's vote, but let's be honest, you could just vote - unvote when you doubt your read - vote again and so on.

Also, here is my statement regarding this :

Lincolm wrote:

So what? No one pressure. No one pushing. Waiting more contents. PoE is less accurate thing to find scum, but is there any accurate method to find scum without power role? Is it wrong to use PoE? Why is L-3 (or maybe you thought it was L-2) a dangerous thing for you? even rEdo (plus someone if you really thought it was L-2) doesn't tell explicitly why did he vote you.
I want you to respond this.

Uhh.. there is also many questions to ask to you but my bet you won't respond them.

Hika wrote:

also i just think it looks bad on lincolm to vote me after he sees a vote already on me, referring to an earlier page
Why are you suddenly referring this?

==

Anyway, I understand this setup.
rEdo

Lincolm wrote:

Uhh.. there is also many questions to ask to you but my bet you won't respond them.
Isn't the fact that somebody left a question unanswered also a valuable information to work with?
Hika
I said that because I want to vote Lincolm out.
Hika
I didn't quote you on that lincolm because people can see I'm referring to you and plus I'm on the phone.
rEdo
Is anyone alive?
abraker

Foxtrot wrote:

Would it help if I was still a no vote?

rEdo wrote:

He has shown that little information I could work him
I think I showed well enough info to work with here, here, here, and here. Especially here. If you still think that's not enough, then you are doing poor analysis.

rEdo wrote:

I hate the fact that abraker has not answered my question (who's scum?) yet, too. I feel like I forced out his reads, but he doesn't seem to be actually hunting for scum.
I prob missed it, and my first read was entirely voluntary action after reading this post. It reminded me about reads, so I decided to do one. My second read was due to escalated matters with PoE, uncertainty with zekks, end of Lincolm's color fiasco, and foxtrot giving a solid impression.

Lincolm wrote:

If you scumread me, then you should have vote me instead self-voting.
But I didn't

Lincolm wrote:

Maybe your previous game makes you more aware with everyone's vote, but let's be honest, you could just vote - unvote when you doubt your read - vote again and so on.
I try to minimize voting I have little justification for

Also Dawnsday got restricted and doubt he is coming back according to this.
rEdo
@mod: Please replace Dawnsday and perhaps extend the deadline. Ace Timing, do you want to play in the end?

Yes, if you're town it WOULD help if you were still a no vote.

By that little I did not mean so little, but a little so I could work with it. Self-voting is a terribly bad idea, especially if you were town. I am not sure but you seem way too egocentric when it comes to playing mafia in general. And I just can't help myself to think this is a scum tell.

My vote stands where it was, as my read on abraker changed from leaning scum to scum.

By the way...

Hika wrote:

abraker ur doing the same thing i dont think is a town move and im not going to vote you because it's dumb
Was that a warning from your scumpartner?
Topic Starter
beeboy123
Prodding [ - Zekks - ]
johnmedina999
It may just be my lack of experience, but I think Lincolm and abraker have been 1v1-ing for far too long, it's starting to look like bussing to me. Ever since this post, where Lincolm invokes abraker out of the blue, and the two start arguing. This wasn't suspicious back then, but certainly looks suspicious now; Lincolm might say that he was one of the only people active at the time and that it was random, but there was redo and Zekks to ask as well; why would he specifically choose abraker to invoke?

It doesn't help that almost all of both abraker's and Lincolm's posts have been fighting with each other, either. Either they're bussing each other, or one of them is town taking advantage of the situation.
johnmedina999

johnmedina999 wrote:

or one of them is town
or one of them is mafia*
Hika
I don't think he did that out of the blue, rather he did that to pull him into the game because he was kind of just.. there?

But I'm not disagreeing with you completely, I can see where you're coming from. I think at this point, Lincolm is running out of people to pin down so he's going to hop from one person to the next and see if he can do reaction tests? imo
Hika

rEdo wrote:

LMAO, you think I'm scumbuddies with abraker? I'm town bro.
If anything, I'd probably be voting him or Lincolm.

abraker because he doesn't seem like he understands the impact of him self-voting. I think redo explains it the way I would like to explain it myself. I can tolerate a NL vote > self vote.
johnmedina999
Hey Hika, can we have your reads? You said you would post them after vote count.
Hika
my leaning town reads are john n dawn
red leaning would be linc, zekks
red being abraker

everyone is like really null too me.
my FoS is on Foxtrot cuz she was over analyzing but I could be over looking that
Lincolm
Posting before sleep but somehow I ended being really pissed off with some posts...

rEdo wrote:

Lincolm wrote:

Isn't the fact that somebody left a question unanswered also a valuable information to work with?
Yeah, but I consider what if he missed it or just skim at that time.

abraker wrote:

And yet, you never engage first for hunting the scum. If you're town, good job. Double thumbs up. And probably you missed where I said my reason to vote you isn't because PoE anymore.

Hika wrote:

Any reason why are you not voting me in there or now? I'm pretty sure there is no change in vote count when you said it. You might don't want to vote abraker because it will put him in L-1, you think Zekks could be PR for you, but why did you not vote me?

johnmedina999 wrote:

It may just be my lack of experience, but I think Lincolm and abraker have been 1v1-ing for far too long, it's starting to look like bussing to me. Ever since this post, where Lincolm invokes abraker out of the blue, and the two start arguing. This wasn't suspicious back then, but certainly looks suspicious now; Lincolm might say that he was one of the only people active at the time and that it was random, but there was redo and Zekks to ask as well; why would he specifically choose abraker to invoke?
I don't know what to say, how is it "too long"? I even said I choose abraker because PoE for initial reason. Do you even know what is PoE?

Hika wrote:

But I'm not disagreeing with you completely, I can see where you're coming from. I think at this point, Lincolm is running out of people to pin down so he's going to hop from one person to the next and see if he can do reaction tests? imo
This post is just rubbing me so hard and wrong. I don't even know if this is a reason for scumread me or a reason why are you not voting me or both.
abraker

Lincolm wrote:

abraker wrote:

And yet, you never engage first for hunting the scum. If you're town, good job. Double thumbs up. And probably you missed where I said my reason to vote you isn't because PoE anymore.
I am scum-hunting, but subtly. It's just that no fish took my bait yet, sadly.
Hika
we have like two more days in the game left, i'm not voting you cuz i dont see anyone else posting today? @Lincolm
Hika
I dont want scum to come along and 'accidentally' hammer abraker also. Would be dumb for anyone else to vote him without a complete town decision. hope you see where im coming from
Hika
@linc, dont take it personal, just go to bed lol
abraker
I need a rational post from zekks.

Hika wrote:

abraker ur doing the same thing i dont think is a town move and im not going to vote you because it's dumb
Now that rEdo did bring it to my attention, what do you mean by "the same thing"?

Alright, Hika has a post quantity that is slightly easy to go through:

First a RVS vote

Hika wrote:

Vote: redo

Hika wrote:

rEdo wrote:

Why are you so mean already :(
cuz fuck u

RVS provoking

Hika wrote:

ur game sucked because everyone targeted me!!
That spreadsheet made me mad. I should vote u.

Not sure what to which post that lol is a reaction to, but I think it's due to Zexion's vote for Hika and John's reaction

Hika wrote:

L0L

Null

Hika wrote:

I read this when I get on my laptop! Eating dinner rn

The response to zekks's "As long as I'm still alive, no mafia can't stop me" comment

Hika wrote:

maybe cuz u r scum smh ^

Unvote

Why would you be worried about so little votes?

Hika wrote:

why the fuck are there three votes on me that's crazy as fuck

Understandable

Hika wrote:

also zekks, stop that its annoying u scum

Just twice? What? Why even worry? Scummy vibe here

Hika wrote:

Oh alright I was just wondering cause I only remember getting voted twice

Null

Hika wrote:

Oh also I forgot to hit submit but if someone asks for reads or opinions, it's probably better to reveal them in a timely matter and in complete honesty because it definitely can shape a better opinion of you for someone else. In this case, if you're scum/town. @john

Leaning null, but kinda curious why the need to mention

Hika wrote:

p.s. RVS is over imo

Why vote count? Are you afraid your partner zekks has too many votes?

Hika wrote:

need vote count b4 I vote Zekks

Ok, so zekks fiasco came to an end and now you are justifying not voting for your partner. Essientially this is what's going on: I'll vote zekks after I make sure the votecount allows me because he is my partner. Ok let's not vote for him since I was starting to get nervous my partner is going to be RIP

Hika wrote:

I'm willing to stand my ground on voting an anti town but anti town > scum so we need to get off zekks a bit.

Null, but what convenient justification to remain as barely active so it's hard to read you

Hika wrote:

o yea btw been busy. School starting and work so I usually will have more time to leave content around 19:00 EST
But ya know, you still need to make it seem that you have little to know connection to zekks and want to bring that scum to justice

Hika wrote:

I agree with you linc.

There's no point in letting Zekks go off easy so pressure him harder to see what he's all about.
@Zekks: what da fuck u think you doing playing the way you're playing

This came out of the blue to me, but why would it matter to Hika that I think rvs is over? I am still trying to wrap around what advantage that info would give to any side

Hika wrote:

@abraker: why do u think rvs is over? I agree with ya but I'd like to see what you're saying

Null

Hika wrote:

Calm down Jesus fuck I thought when you said fuck RVS you were stating it in a way you thought it was over
is okay just calm your nerves

This refers to zekks acting anti town. Ehh I'll go null on this one

Hika wrote:

Also Zex, when i said anti town > scum, I meant it as a way like "sure he's anti town to me right now but I'd rather not vote for his lynch when we could be scum hunting"

hope that clears it up.

Now this one is especially interesting, because if Hika had a PR, there would be a MUCH less likely chance of this mention. This brings odds of Hika being scum to 2/7

Hika wrote:

oh shit I'm so slow I forgot we have possible PRs
Slow your role bros, zekks could be a PR and doing it wrong

This is a response to my apology for being aggressive. I am not sure where the second line comes in. Why the need to mention that we still have a while and that we should be doing actual analysis? Because the scum partner zekks screwed up and Hika is like "haha, he's dummy, don't mind him, but let's find actual scum" "Haha" as in nervous laughter in this case.

Hika wrote:

ok im sensitive pls be kind

yea we have a while till we have to decide on a lynch so lets drag it out and start analyzing for real

If zekks says PR, then D2 will be his last whether scum or townie. Zekks can't say mafia because that will be dumb af. If zekks says townie,
then it can be to Hika's plan to get him out of the clear. Either way, this will either end bad for zekks or for town. Likely both. This action makes Hika lean towards the scum side.

Hika wrote:

Dulcet wrote:

yeah, we do have PRs, but what makes you think Zekks is one and not just vanilla? Just chance?

I think Zekks did a general threat to everyone voting him so i say he should tell us his role before we PL him. Seriously

I'm not playing with an anti-town.

There are two things that bother me here. This is very pro town, but second, any discussion about strategy is viewed by both parties. It becomes a guessing game how it would be executed, which is no different than guessing who is town and scum. I fail to see how anything mentioned regarding to this would put town at a disadvantage nor put scum at an advantage

Hika wrote:

Understandable response, null.

Hika wrote:

Dawnsday wrote:

Hika - Actually one of my strongest "gut" feelings I've had in a mafia game thus far. Everything Hika posts rubs me the wrong way, I'm going to link specific posts eventually (pressed for time here atm) but a lot of what she posts just FEELS SO "LAMIST" to me, I'm willing to accept I'm probably wrong on this one and I'm just being paranoid but it's a read and I have it so that's that. Keeping in null because there's nothing I have beyond my gut.
i'll wait for you to explain this
i think i can confirm that anyone who plays mafia with me always feels as if my posts rub them wrong

so link me my posts and i can explain them to you

Eh, not sure. null

Hika wrote:

also i just think it looks bad on lincolm to vote me after he sees a vote already on me, referring to an earlier page

nulll

Hika wrote:

also ill drop my reads tomorrow. im off work and im going out drinking tonight! will stop by for some small chat however.

No shit sherlock. I can see how self votes lean toward scum, but for the same reason I fail to see how the lean towards scum. I saw it as safe move because it would indeed lead toward scum and that everyone knows it's a scum move.

Hika wrote:

Eh, I'll just say it's a diversion thing. ^

There is a contradiction here. You see how you would implement it yet you claim it's anti-town enough to lynch D1 and I don't know how logical this reasoning is if you are town. I don't get how, as a townie, you can claim knowledge of self-voting tactics but at the same time vote a self-voter "to save town the trouble of being confused later on down the road". That's your scum side speaking even if you are town.

Hika wrote:

Dawnsday wrote:

You're not forcing me to do anything don't worry! I'm back from drinking so I'll post a bit.

I can definitely see where it could rub you incorrectly, but I meant it in a way where I wouldn't want to give the wrong people information that would work against town. I have many ways where I, myself as a player, would implement self-voting but would rather not go in depth with it this game.

I don't what to make of this, but thinking that more players are scum than town when 2/9 are scum is indicative of something

Hika wrote:

After bboy VC then I'll be able to narrow down my reads a bit further. I have more people in the red rather than green, sad to say

Null? I feel like this can give more info when put together with the "yea we have a while till we have to decide on a lynch so lets drag it out and start analyzing for real" statement earlier on, but I can't tell anything from this. The fact it's referring to different player doesn't help either

Hika wrote:

also no more shitty reaction tests i'm not gonna let this over analyzing colors of your role PMs pass anymore lol

Again with total votes. WHY? Vote count SHOULD NOT affect your reads. If it does, then you are being careful to word your reads to target someone or shift attention from someone.

Hika wrote:

What a nice agenda you have there! Planning ahead, I see

Hika wrote:

Null

Hika wrote:

I didn't quote you on that lincolm because people can see I'm referring to you and plus I'm on the phone.

Null

Hika wrote:

I don't think he did that out of the blue, rather he did that to pull him into the game because he was kind of just.. there?

Pointless to say you are town because you would receive hellfire otherwise. Though you are a bit correct about me not understanding the impact of self-voting. Fifth game in, and I only saw it being used once by a townie, and dumb townie tho. While it puts me at odds, I did mention in an earlier comment that I was def expecting it to show signs of scum, so I figured it was a safe thing to do since it's why would scum would point self like that. I don't know the impact still :\

Hika wrote:

rEdo wrote:

LMAO, you think I'm scumbuddies with abraker? I'm town bro.
If anything, I'd probably be voting him or Lincolm.

abraker because he doesn't seem like he understands the impact of him self-voting. I think redo explains it the way I would like to explain it myself. I can tolerate a NL vote > self vote.

If you are scum, it would be a good tactic to put down your partner as red to not raise suspicion. It is even safer to do so now since most of the hellfire is currently on me and linc., and linc. may not be your partner

Hika wrote:

red being abraker

my FoS is on Foxtrot cuz she was over analyzing but I could be over looking that

What even? What is this? Why assure someone that you are not voting until something not directly related to the subject?

Hika wrote:

we have like two more days in the game left, i'm not voting you cuz i dont see anyone else posting today? @Lincolm

If two scum come along and hammer me now, that would be suspicious af, and one of them would be lynched D2 and the next likely on D3. If one scum comes along to hammer me, then it would make for an interesting D2, and would have a chance of not being lynched. Scum may or may not already be voting me, and if they are not, then they are not sure whether my bandwagon would hold

Hika wrote:

I dont want scum to come along and 'accidentally' hammer abraker also. Would be dumb for anyone else to vote him without a complete town decision. hope you see where im coming from

Null

Hika wrote:

@linc, dont take it personal, just go to bed lol

For those who just want the highlights:

Now this one is especially interesting, because if Hika had a PR, there would be a MUCH less likely chance of this mention. This brings odds of Hika being scum to 2/7

Hika wrote:

oh shit I'm so slow I forgot we have possible PRs
Slow your role bros, zekks could be a PR and doing it wrong

If zekks says PR, then D2 will be his last whether scum or townie. Zekks can't say mafia because that will be dumb af. If zekks says townie,
then it can be to Hika's plan to get him out of the clear. Either way, this will either end bad for zekks or for town. Likely both. This action makes Hika lean towards the scum side.

Hika wrote:

Dulcet wrote:

yeah, we do have PRs, but what makes you think Zekks is one and not just vanilla? Just chance?
I think Zekks did a general threat to everyone voting him so i say he should tell us his role before we PL him. Seriously

I'm not playing with an anti-town.

There are two things that bother me here. This is very pro town, but second, any discussion about strategy is viewed by both parties. It becomes a guessing game how it would be executed, which is no different than guessing who is town and scum. I fail to see how anything mentioned regarding to this would put town at a disadvantage nor put scum at an advantage

Hika wrote:

There is a contradiction here. You see how you would implement it yet you claim it's anti-town enough to lynch D1 and I don't know how logical this reasoning is if you are town. I don't get how, as a townie, you can claim knowledge of self-voting tactics but at the same time vote a self-voter "to save town the trouble of being confused later on down the road". That's your scum side speaking even if you are town.

Hika wrote:

Dawnsday wrote:

I don't what to make of this, but thinking that more players are scum than town when 2/9 are scum is indicative of something

Hika wrote:

Again with total votes. WHY? Vote count SHOULD NOT affect your reads. If it does, then you are being careful to word your reads to target someone or shift attention from someone.

Hika wrote:

If you are scum, it would be a good tactic to put down your partner as red to not raise suspicion. It is even safer to do so now since most of the hellfire is currently on me and linc., and linc. may not be your partner

Hika wrote:

red being abraker

@Hika:
I do expect you to answer many of the question I asked in the spoiler box

Foxtrot

Hika wrote:

I don't think I'm over-analyzing and your reads provided us with nothing. Why do you think Lincolm is red? Or why do you think John is town? Do you have concrete reasons behind your read? I know I haven't done one yet, but when I'll do, I'll try not to be lazy about it. And why do you think I'm over analyzing? Is it because I was onto Zekks, someone you've been trying to get our attention off from them? Your posts are also rubbing me off, and it seems like I'm not the only person who feels that way.

Hika wrote:

Other people have been able to do reads without keeping track of VC and you're the only one doing this. Why should VC be important in your read? If someone has more votes or less votes, why would it matter towards your read? It just seems like you're waiting to see which person has most votes so you can deliver your coup de grâce

Foxtrot wrote:

Hika wrote:

I understand that it's your night out so I won't pressure you but next time please write your thoughts in a more detailed way, and provide more information as to why you think that way. This is still rather vague to me.
And you asked me what I'd like you to explain, but you don't need to explain anything. It's just that you lack reasoning behind your claims like you've been doing in your read and past posts. You write really small sentences that can be rather vague or really obvious, which makes you hard to read.

Why would you rather have anti-scum deceiving you? And if you know for sure someone is being anti-town, why vote for them when we could vote for scum instead? Do you want to get rid of anti-town right away because it's probably the most convenient vote?
Zexion

johnmedina999 wrote:

Zexion wrote:

By good analyses I was thinking of back in the beginning of the game, but you're right about recent posts not having much content. As for why I think she's town...her posts don't seem scummy, maybe she's pushing the Zekks train too hard after most decided to leave it for now (most of her longer, more recent posts have something to do with Zekks), but again, she doesn't really seem like she's mafia.
I'm curious about this. If foxtrot is town for her analytical posts, then Lincolm should also fall into that category (specially for this post, but you are (or were?) reading him as scum. Your reads aren't consistent.

johnmedina999 wrote:

It doesn't help that almost all of both abraker's and Lincolm's posts have been fighting with each other, either. Either they're bussing each other, or one of them is town taking advantage of the situation.
I don't really think both of them are scum, their dicussion seems to be a natural progression of the accusations, I mean, -it could be-, but I don't really see something indicative of bussing.
Hika
Okay one sec, I have to break everyone's posts down.
Topic Starter
beeboy123
Ace Timing replaces Dawnsday
Hika
abraker
I'll quote where relevant and ask questions if I need to. Formatting is very hard for me right now so bear with me.

@EVERYONE ELSE: Pink text is abraker's questions and comments, my response is underneath all the quotes in plain black text.

Why would you be worried about so little votes?

Hika wrote:

why the fuck are there three votes on me that's crazy as fuck
I said my quote above in a non-worried way. Hopefully you've learned my typing style? I was also bothered by it because I hadn't had time to say much due to irl stuff. This wasn't a 'scumslip' imo. Not saying I'm scum either.

Just twice? What? Why even worry? Scummy vibe here

Hika wrote:

Oh alright I was just wondering cause I only remember getting voted twice
Refer to my response above. ^

Leaning null, but kinda curious why the need to mention

Hika wrote:

p.s. RVS is over imo
I said this to do a reaction test. No one really said anything, that's why I tried to talk to you about it to see if you had agreed with me on it but it was a misunderstanding. I personally thought that RVS over. that's kinda why I said I M O. And I see you are bothered that I asked you about it. I was trying to generate conversation but as I stated before, it was just a misunderstanding. Had you responded and agreed with me, I would have automatically placed you in my town reads, due to the fact we have a good amount of information pushing forward thus far.

Why vote count? Are you afraid your partner zekks has too many votes?

Hika wrote:

need vote count b4 I vote Zekks
Just recently I said I didn't want scum to do an 'accidental' hammer, which is why I'm willing to hold my vote off.

If I skipped any of your questions, feel free to quote them and tell me them. I felt as if I needed to answer all those that I see now. It's hard to see cause this post is long when I open it, lol.

Also, I asked for vote count because I see you're on L-2 and didn't have time to read up the thread to confirm that. As I said, I've been on my phone recently. My reads obviously influence town and I didn't want anyone to be like "okay so then vote abraker! *vote*" and have someone sneaky accidentally hammer. I don't think anyone is understanding this. And I dont want to be the only fucking one concerned about that but it's odd that no one else is caring about that.

To also clear some stuff up, I don't think anyone responded when Zexion asked if everyone knew how the matrix 6 setup was like. So if you don't understand why I'm so concerned with PR's, you're probably not taking the game seriously either. I don't want anyone to think Zekks is straight scum because of his threat that I have quoted here:

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

As long as I'm still alive, no mafia can't stop me ;)
This puts me off so fucking bad you guys don't know. I'm not saying I'm not willing to vote him but it just doesn't feel right. I might be overthinking that, who knows.
Hika
Real quick before I answer Foxtrot's post, it is possible to have more than 2 scum reads. I think it's fucked up abraker thinks I cant have that lol.
Like I said, I currently have two leaning scum and one possible scum. Just talk to me and we can change that read, that's literally it

But it looks like Zekks is inactive rn
show more