Newbie Game 16: Day 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
abraker

Zexion wrote:

I missed Dawnsday image-posts.

This is going to be a fun game.
I thought I was the only one who made charts and stuff and over analyzed everything.

johnmedina999 wrote:

as soon as you saw Zekks thinking about hopping on the bandwagon, you saw that your partner being killed might be a certain possibility, and you hopped off the wagon to avoid that. That seems suspicious to me.
Zekks was onto both on Foxtrot and Lincolm. What difference does it make who gets the vote? It doesn't make sense for Foxtrot to go easier on Lincolm if Foxtrot himself ends up on the end of the voting stick instead.

Speaking of that,

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

I might vote for Foxtrot, since she is trying to pin everyone on Lincolm, but that seems kinda weak, but I'll still hold onto that

Or I can change my vote to Lincolm, because Foxtrot has decent amount of evidence to support the fact that Lincolm could be the mafia
My scum detector is getting a faint reading here. Attempting to justify the no change in vote using indecisiveness between the two most active members? By what I see Lincolm was trying to break RVS and caught the attention of Foxtrot in the processes. Why even mention a change in vote before the dust has settled a bit is beyond me.

abraker wrote:

Zekks, why do you think Lincolm is asking you so many questions?
And you ignored my question too, what gives? Answer mine and Lincolm's questions already!

Zekks - is the most suspicious one for giving the weirdest responses and ignoring questions. Such crude indecisiveness and accumulation of mishaps is what killed Dawnsday day 1 last game.

Lincolm - don't want to draw any conclusions just yet, but is slightly on my radar

Foxtrot - My personal BS detector from now on

John - Poor guy. He needs more heat lol

The rest are null
Foxtrot

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

Yes, very interesting
you know what would be more interesting?

Unvote

Vote: Zekks
Zekks
I'm just confused, I'm too lazy to look over things asdf. If I die the mafia will have a higher chance of living, so if you decide to kill me off, good luck!
Dawns
Vote: Zekks

Maybe this gives you the incentive to "look things over". You're setting off my scumdar now.
Foxtrot

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

I'm just confused, I'm too lazy to look over things asdf. If I die the mafia will have a higher chance of living, so if you decide to kill me off, good luck!
nice taunt
Hika
need vote count b4 I vote Zekks
Dawns
last mod post, he was 1 vote, me and fox voted so that's 3?

L-2 I think but not sure of it's accuracy.

/shrug

Kinda hope Zekks posts soon, been scummy the entire time and this latest post doesn't help :S
Lincolm
Catching up!

Here is the unofficial vote count
Unofficial Vote Count 
[ - Zekks - ] (L-2) : rEdo, Foxtrot, Dawnsday
Hika (L-3) : Zexion, Lincolm
rEdo (L-4) : [ - Zekks - ]
Lincolm (L-4) : johnmedina999
Not Voting : abraker, Hika

==

abraker wrote:

I am considering to vote for myself if I cannot come up with any conclusions in the next couple days because fuck RVS.
So any reason why "fuck RVS"?

Dawnsday wrote:

Lincolm has stuck to explaining his play.
I read both Foxtrot and John as town, for now. So yes, I was stuck.

Any way, never seen someone explain what happen via image of text. Nice method.

johnmedina999 wrote:

It doesn't help that both times he asked someone about me he asked Zekks.
Because somehow he doesn't care about you? When I asked about you, he said "idc" and it's weird?

Maybe he doesn't care about the game at all, which is clarify his answer. Some people like to trolling around regardless his alignment or maybe he doesn't even have slight what's going on, so...

Dawnsday wrote:

I have no idea as to Lincolm's experience but I'm just giving my opinion on the matter.
Have play mafia like 4-5 years ago, stopped playing 2 years ago, aaaaaand back.

Hika wrote:

p.s. RVS is over imo
I like my vote sticks in you >:)

abraker wrote:

Foxtrot - My personal BS detector from now on
What is the abbreviation BS in here? Is it bullshit? I thought you like to over-analyzed everything. Can you explain more about your read on Foxtrot?

==

So, I think Zekks is scummy because of fence-sitting, but perhaps just his style of trolling. Way too confident and careless.

So you guys should back off and chill out a little bit and see other players as we have 120 hours before deadline.

I'm gonna wait more contents from rEdo, Zexion, Hika.
Lincolm
Somehow this question doesn't posted in my previous post.

Dawnsday wrote:

furthering the narrative that Zekks & Lincolm seems to have some connection

What do you mean by "connection" between me and Zekks? Do you mean scum-scum interaction or something? What if one or both of us town?
Dawns

Lincolm wrote:

Somehow this question doesn't posted in my previous post.

Dawnsday wrote:

furthering the narrative that Zekks & Lincolm seems to have some connection

What do you mean by "connection" between me and Zekks? Do you mean scum-scum interaction or something? What if one or both of us town?
You and Zekks seemed to speak to eachother a lot, you were asking Zekks for his thoughts about John (you've explained this to be solely down to online users but I'm still iffy.)

Not saying it's scum scum but I'm not sure about buddying in any scenario as townies.
Foxtrot

Lincolm wrote:

What is the abbreviation BS in here? Is it bullshit? I thought you like to over-analyzed everything. Can you explain more about your read on Foxtrot?
BS means bullshit, yes

Lincolm wrote:

So you guys should back off and chill out a little bit and see other players as we have 120 hours before deadline.
it's not like we can't unvote, so why would you say that? is zekks getting too many votes for your liking?
Lincolm

Dawnsday wrote:

You and Zekks seemed to speak to eachother a lot, you were asking Zekks for his thoughts about John (you've explained this to be solely down to online users but I'm still iffy.)
I think there are more interaction between me and Foxtrot now. What do you think about that?

Foxtrot wrote:

it's not like we can't unvote, so why would you say that? is zekks getting too many votes for your liking?
As abraker and Hika scum-read Zekks also, I would like you guys to see other players as I don't think Zekks is scum for now. Also, you can go unvote and vote him back. It's not about the votes, but everyone seems too focused on Zekks.

Somehow, I'm pretty sure there is no point in pressuring or waiting Zekks. But if you want to stick your vote, I don't mind also.
Dawns

Lincolm wrote:

Dawnsday wrote:

I think there are more interaction between me and Foxtrot now. What do you think about that?
Incomparable. This is currently an open discussion, not a simple "hey X what do you think about Y" out of the blue (where X is currently most people's top scumread). You x Foxtrot interaction is limited to discussion, not the half-buddying I witnessed, again. I'm not claiming it to be scum-scum buddying. Was just an observation I made when rereading the thread.

Lincolm wrote:

Foxtrot wrote:

As abraker and Hika scum-read Zekks also, I would like you guys to see other players as I don't think Zekks is scum for now. Also, you can go unvote and vote him back. It's not about the votes, but everyone seems too focused on Zekks.

Somehow, I'm pretty sure there is no point in pressuring or waiting Zekks. But if you want to stick your vote, I don't mind also.
Explain? When asked to open up on certain things he simply says "I'm too lazy" and literally applies a logical fallacy (Appeals to emotion in his statement that if we lynch him we'll give mafia a higher probability.)

I'm not saying he's guaranteed scum but he should 100% be setting off some alarms in your head right about now.
Hika
I'm willing to stand my ground on voting an anti town but anti town > scum so we need to get off zekks a bit.
Hika
o yea btw been busy. School starting and work so I usually will have more time to leave content around 19:00 EST
Lincolm
Is this top page?

Here is the unofficial vote count for top page
Unofficial Vote Count 
[ - Zekks - ] (L-2) : rEdo, Foxtrot, Dawnsday
Hika (L-3) : Zexion, Lincolm
rEdo (L-4) : [ - Zekks - ]
Lincolm (L-4) : johnmedina999
Not Voting : abraker, Hika

==

Dawnsday wrote:

Explain? When asked to open up on certain things he simply says "I'm too lazy" and literally applies a logical fallacy (Appeals to emotion in his statement that if we lynch him we'll give mafia a higher probability.)

I'm not saying he's guaranteed scum but he should 100% be setting off some alarms in your head right about now.
As I said before, his post when he stated "idc" is already weird for me. It turned on my scum-radar, but I considered many scenarios as it was RVS also.
I think he is scummy because of fence-sitting, but it is just the way he plays this mafia game right now, either he is trolling or he has no idea what's going on. I don't see how this is coming from confidence, yet careless scum.

Hika wrote:

I'm willing to stand my ground on voting an anti town but anti town > scum so we need to get off zekks a bit.
Not fully disagree about this, but I rather push him to give a content or something.
abraker

Lincolm wrote:

So any reason why "fuck RVS"?
... I will pretend this question was not asked

Lincolm wrote:

He just latched on to you since you started being radioactive. Pointing out the bullshit stuff such as asking needless question like "So any reason why 'fuck RVS'?" is what he did. Other than that, if you can't figure out whether I think town on scum from what I wrote, then I can't figure either.
Hika
I agree with you linc.

There's no point in letting Zekks go off easy so pressure him harder to see what he's all about.
@Zekks: what da fuck u think you doing playing the way you're playing
Hika
@abraker: why do u think rvs is over? I agree with ya but I'd like to see what you're saying
Foxtrot

Lincolm wrote:

You don't think he's scum, and yet you call him scummy. You're contradicting yourself there.

I think he is scummy because of fence-sitting, but it is just the way he plays this mafia game right now, either he is trolling or he has no idea what's going on. I don't see how this is coming from confidence, yet careless scum.
And why should we stop focusing on Zekks if they might be possible scum? Waiting for other players is not a valid reason for it, because even if the other players come by that doesn't mean Zekks is not scum anymore. Everybody has actually posted here, but Zexion and rEdo haven't posted enough for me to get a read on them. Still, doesn't mean I shouldn't focus on Zekks; I got my read.

Again, it seems like Zekks getting votes is bothering you too much.

Also, the fact that Zekks keeps ignoring what we say is also a big redflag.

Lincolm wrote:

Not fully disagree about this, but I rather push him to give a content or something.
Last time Zekks got pushed all they said was "go ahead kill me that gives mafia higher chance to win" instead of trying to reason with us. Isn't that kind of a rookie mistake to do when you have a red role? You've been playing this for quite a while, so you should probably know.
rEdo
jesus I forgot to copy my LastPass password for osu! somewhere to log in at work :( I will catch up tomorrow, I don't really have time tonight to do all the stuff.
Dawns
looking forward to posts from rEdo and Zexion honestly, haven't seen enough to get reads.

Also even if Zekks isn't a redname his posts don't exactly scream "pro-town" to me so I'm still entirely set on getting some info from him, obviously I'm open to let him go and follow other reads if we get any but this is defo the flavor of the day controversy for me.
Lincolm

abraker wrote:

He just latched on to you since you started being radioactive. Pointing out the bullshit stuff such as asking needless question like "So any reason why 'fuck RVS'?" is what he did. Other than that, if you can't figure out whether I think town on scum from what I wrote, then I can't figure either.
It's not bullshit when you did RVS in your previous game. Somehow you changed to "Nah, fuck RVS". It is implying you're trying to changing your play style or you have changed in 6 months.

I did not ask whether he is town or scum for you, but I asked why he is town more clearly, but you did answer this.

Foxtrot wrote:

You don't think he's scum, and yet you call him scummy. You're contradicting yourself there.
I'm not contradicting myself. What am I trying to say is, he might be scum because he is ignoring all questions and doesn't do anything, but in his posts there are a lot of confidence yet carelessness that implying he is not scum. Town can trolling, can fence-sitting, can lurking, can looked scummy by anyone with any reason, but I have concluded that he is most likely (anti)town.

Foxtrot wrote:

And why should we stop focusing on Zekks if they might be possible scum? Waiting for other players is not a valid reason for it, because even if the other players come by that doesn't mean Zekks is not scum anymore. Everybody has actually posted here, but Zexion and rEdo haven't posted enough for me to get a read on them. Still, doesn't mean I shouldn't focus on Zekks; I got my read.
I'm not saying you should stop focusing Zekks. I'm trying to tell that you should consider what if Zekks is town, go back and reread the thread again or maybe bring out new content as we still have 120 hours.

Foxtrot wrote:

Again, it seems like Zekks getting votes is bothering you too much.
Yes, because everyone is (going) too focused on Zekks because of his play, or maybe I'm the one who too focused right now.

Foxtrot wrote:

Last time Zekks got pushed all they said was "go ahead kill me that gives mafia higher chance to win" instead of trying to reason with us. Isn't that kind of a rookie mistake to do when you have a red role? You've been playing this for quite a while, so you should probably know.
Well, in my experience, every mafias were trying to win although it was his first game, like myself. But I can see some people don't like mafia role and said "kill me please" instead "replace me" because I thought about that when got mafia role 2 years ago, yet not confidence and careless.
Zexion
Sorry, a bit disconnected right now.

So what's the case on Zekks? Besides their bold claim about mafia to fear them which is pretty null right now. In any case, after a statement like that I definitely wouldn't lynch them today.
Zexion

Hika wrote:

oooh what? Pretty sure we win if we go the other way. A player may be anti-town, but still town after all.

Hika wrote:

There's no point in letting Zekks go off easy so pressure him harder to see what he's all about.
@Zekks: what da fuck u think you doing playing the way you're playing
Maybe it's just me, but if Zekks really meant what he wrote (and it was not some funny rvs stuff) then there's not much more to explain. I totally agree with the second phrase tho.
abraker

Hika wrote:

@abraker: why do u think rvs is over? I agree with ya but I'd like to see what you're saying
Looks like a critical reading question, "Why do you think this character you don't care about in some dumb book is doing this thing?"

Hika wrote:

p.s. RVS is over imo
That's the only thing I remember reading regards to thinking rvs is over. Please quote whatever I said that might imply I think rvs is over. Do note it doesn't mean I never implied it, but I do want explicit text to make my life easier.

you: "So what do you think about it?"

me: "Takes too long"

you: "The new flatscreen?"

me: "oh..."

Pretty much me everyday. Now let's be explicit here.

Lincolm wrote:

abraker wrote:

It's not bullshit when you did RVS in your previous game. Somehow you changed to "Nah, fuck RVS". It is implying you're trying to changing your play style or you have changed in 6 months.
What if I told you that I vote knowing I will likely regret the decision later? I vote when I am able to justify my vote since at least last game. Last time I voted Dawnsday as soon as soon as I had justification to vote, which was his mason crap. This time I am hesitant to vote zekks due to me being wrong about Dawnsday last game. This is why rvs sucks even if you can justify your reasons.

Although it is debatable whether zekks caused rvs to be over. Oh there is the answer to Hika's question, which might or might not be following up on something I previously said. Although I am almost sure it's a follow up on something I said due to "I agree with ya but I'd like to see what you're saying". Will wait for the reply I guess.

To whoever wants my history, here are my first, second, and third games I played. The previous game was my fourth.

https://forums.tuuba.moe/viewtopic.php?id=3
https://forums.tuuba.moe/viewtopic.php?id=137
https://forums.tuuba.moe/viewtopic.php?id=161
Hika
Calm down Jesus fuck I thought when you said fuck RVS you were stating it in a way you thought it was over
is okay just calm your nerves
Hika
Also Zex, when i said anti town > scum, I meant it as a way like "sure he's anti town to me right now but I'd rather not vote for his lynch when we could be scum hunting"

hope that clears it up.
Hika
oh shit I'm so slow I forgot we have possible PRs
Slow your role bros, zekks could be a PR and doing it wrong
abraker

Zexion wrote:

Sorry, a bit disconnected right now.

So what's the case on Zekks? Besides their bold claim about mafia to fear them which is pretty null right now. In any case, after a statement like that I definitely wouldn't lynch them today.
zekks didn't respond properly to Lincolm here. Instead he responded with a unrelated thought here, which I wrote my opinion about here

zekks also didn't respond to me here

And a couple dodgy posts by zekks: p/6176135 p/6177776

@Lincolm
Also now that I look at it, why did you ask zekks about John twice here and here? You got your "joke" response from from zekks here, WHICH YOU JOKED BACK, ACKNOWLEDGING THE ANSWER. Like what the fuck, man? Maybe that's why zekks didn't bother answering that one properly in particular?

Hika wrote:

Calm down Jesus fuck I thought when you said fuck RVS you were stating it in a way you thought it was over
is okay just calm your nerves
I try not to be angry, and sorry if it looked like so. Same with the content in this and future messages, pretend thet any "angry" text is emphasis. My tone might get like this due to irl events.
Hika
ok im sensitive pls be kind

yea we have a while till we have to decide on a lynch so lets drag it out and start analyzing for real
rEdo
Back, catching up.

rEdo wrote:

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

I would reconsider my vote, but I don't know to vote for

I might vote for Foxtrot, since she is trying to pin everyone on Lincolm, but that seems kinda weak, but I'll still hold onto that

Or I can change my vote to Lincolm, because Foxtrot has decent amount of evidence to support the fact that Lincolm could be the mafia
What do you mean by decent?
What worries me, is the fact that he ignored my question. That was a try to fish out why is he just parrotting the two most active guys. He is either a newb townie that does not really know what is going on, or scum pretending to be one.

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

As long as I'm still alive, no mafia can't stop me ;)
What the hell is this?

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

Until this post I thought Zekks was scum, but now I'm somewhat convinced he's just a townie that doesn't give a darn.

Lincolm and Foxtrot 1v1-ish quarrel makes me think they both are town. Zexion is as null as ever, same goes for Hika. Dawnsy goes with analysis over scumhunting, but that's usual for him. Not sure how to read john yet.

Let's try this way.

Unvote
Vote: abraker

Who's scum and why Zekks?
rEdo
oh and back to work, I might check the thread in 2-3 hours or so.
Zekks

rEdo wrote:

Until this post I thought Zekks was scum, but now I'm somewhat convinced he's just a townie that doesn't give a darn.
someone understands! no fucks were given today :D
rEdo
If you don't give a fuck, why do you even bother playing? If you're town, you might ask for a replacement if you don't want to scumhunt with us. I know this might sound like a neckbeardish thing to say, but we're here to actually play the game, not just chill. A mafia game is somewhat a commitment.
Dawns
Zekks play is anti town but I think he's just a bit clueless. I'm gonna drop it for now but if we turn up nothing I'm going to go for a policy lynch.

unvote

Will post later
Foxtrot

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

rEdo wrote:

someone understands! no fucks were given today :D
then leave and stop being a troll. or actually start playing the game seriously. i suggest you to look back in the previous threads and try to get a general idea of how it works. hell, this is my first time playing mafia in YEARS and look, i am trying to be a decent player here because i know that mafia can be time consuming, and i certainly don't want to be a waste of time like you're being right now. you're being extremely rude right now to play who actually want to play this game. and even if this is your way to play scum or whatever, it's a dumb one. i can't believe i voted you trying to get a reaction out of you. now i know this is all too pointless. yeah, i sound angry, because you're wasting our time when there could be ACTUAL content going on.

--

I don't think RVS is over, but we're at the brink of it. I can say that Zekks and Lincolm caused a chain of reaction, but there's simply not enough content yet for it to be over since it's established by now that Zekks, is... well...

Hika wrote:

oh shit I'm so slow I forgot we have possible PRs
Slow your role bros, zekks could be a PR and doing it wrong
yeah, we do have PRs, but what makes you think Zekks is one and not just vanilla? Just chance?

I still don't get why we should back off from Zekks if he's scum, like Hika and Lincolm are suggesting. Sure, there's not enough content, but does it really matter if there's enough evidence that shows Zekks having higher chances of scum instead of town? I'd like to see more content from Zexion and John, as well
Dawns
I actually catch a hint of Zekks possibly being PR because of his "lynch me and mafia have a higher chance" post. It just seems that something a noob with a power role would say, could be entirely wrong but it's 100% a possibility in my mind and one that wouldn't shock me if it were to be true.

Also +1 to Foxtrot's point about John and Zexion needing to post more content. It's hard to get reads on people who don't converse
Lincolm
Sorry, I will have busied by school and work + Dota 2 The International this week, but I will search time to post each day.

abraker wrote:

What if I told you that I vote knowing I will likely regret the decision later? I vote when I am able to justify my vote since at least last game. Last time I voted Dawnsday as soon as soon as I had justification to vote, which was his mason crap. This time I am hesitant to vote zekks due to me being wrong about Dawnsday last game. This is why rvs sucks even if you can justify your reasons.
Dully noted.

abraker wrote:

@Lincolm
Also now that I look at it, why did you ask zekks about John twice here and here? You got your "joke" response from from zekks here, WHICH YOU JOKED BACK, ACKNOWLEDGING THE ANSWER. Like what the fuck, man? Maybe that's why zekks didn't bother answering that one properly in particular?
Because I didn't assume he would have the same reason or same respond. As I said before, the first respond I specially consider it because maybe Zekks thought it was RVS stage, so he went " idc e e e e e". Then there was like more 10-15 posts and more contents to discuss so I would really like his opinions about everyone when he was active, but he still go "i go sha la la la la". I asked about John again because Zekks already gave his opinion about me and Foxtrot, the other one who involved was John but he didn't say anything about him, so I asked about John to Zekks again.

I agree I asked too many things without span of time at there, tho. I should wait.

Foxtrot wrote:

yeah, we do have PRs, but what makes you think Zekks is one and not just vanilla? Just chance?
I don't want to discuss this because it achieves nothing except who or what is PR or not. We should do and act as our alignment regardless our power.

Foxtrot wrote:

I still don't get why we should back off from Zekks if he's scum, like Hika and Lincolm are suggesting. Sure, there's not enough content, but does it really matter if there's enough evidence that shows Zekks having higher chances of scum instead of town?
Because if you discuss anything about him, you are going to achieve nothing about him (he won't respond seriously), especially if he is going to flip as town, you're going to hurt town.

I'm not saying we should let him free, tho. Let him go for 72 hours maybe. If you still read him as scum, try to convince us why is he scum again.

He is town for me. He is waaaaaaaay too confidence. I have no idea how to pull information from him, but I hate policy lynch also.

==

Unvote
Vote : abraker because PoE (L-3)
Dawns

Lincolm wrote:

, but I hate policy lynch also.
Why? If he's not commited to reading he's going to hurt town in the long run. It's not FUN to policy lynch rest assured I'd rather the idea was never even conceived but honestly.

I agree we shouldnt straight call it a day here and lynch but it should 100% be an option for us moving forward.
show more