forum

Hanasaka Yui(CV: M.A.O) - Harumachi Clover

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyuunex
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
antondan
from #modreq

General
I don't know much about low SR difficulties but I'll try modding the Hard diff.
I'll only mod one diff because it will probably be a long long mod. (and honestly most of the stuff I'll say apply to all diffs)

I wont comment much about aesthetics since I think I should focus on other subjects when it comes to new mappers. (Ok I also am bad at aesthetics myself so I can't help much). -The times that I will commend about aesthetics and patterns creation I will mark it with an appropriate tag [Aesthetics].

I'll try highlighting key words.

I hope you like essays

Hard

00:00:284 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - [Aesthetics] Consider not to freehand place patterns like this, instead use the editor tools to create them (they exist for a reason).
An example way to create a pattern like this is, first choose the angle you want 00:00:284 (1,2) - to create with your X axis (for example you had them initially at a ~25 degree angle). Next step is to duplicate 00:00:284 (1,2) - , rotate it by the amount of degrees you want your angle to 00:00:707 (3) - be and then scale (if you wish) the duplicated and rotated set of notes by whichever amount you want (example 0.8). That way you place (3), then you continue by duplicating (1,2,3) rotating/mirroring/rotating back/etc.

It only took a few seconds but I tried recreating the pattern my own, it may not convey what you originally had in mind (feel free to play around with values/rotations and all until you find what you like the most) but at least it looks symmetrical

00:00:284 (1,2,3,4,5) - Now that we're done with the aesthetics part I'd like to address the difficulty spike in this. You start with relatively large jumps for this difficulty on the vocals before even the music starts. To me at least the part after 00:01:341 - sounds more intense than 00:00:284 - but you sharp angles, back and forth flow and large spacing for the more calm part. On the other hand, when the music starts you switch to 1/2 sliders 00:01:341 (1,2,3) -, low spacing, 00:03:031 (1,2,3,1) - circular flow and generally more easy mapping. I don't really have much of a suggestion to this one since it's not an easy fix (yes you can try nerfing 00:00:284 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - but I don't know how much of a nerf you can do so that there's enough contrast with when the music starts). Again I would suggest playing around a bit and becoming more familiar with the ways to express music through the objects.

00:01:129 (5,1) - This is a very very important sound. It's a large white tick (ticks themselves don't mean that much but in this case it does), there's a lot of contrast from the previous silent background now that the "instruments" are kicking in, and of course it's the introduction to a new section of the song. Which means, it should be emphasized. Right now you're not only not emphasizing, you're doing the opposite by having such large jumps right before it 00:00:284 (1,2,3,4,5) - and such a small jump at the important note 00:01:129 (5,1) - . To your credit however the angle/flow of the slider 00:01:341 (1) - is completely different from when the flow was previously facing (00:01:129 (5,1) - ), this change in direction actually helps with emphasis.

00:02:608 (4,1) - Same as before, even though 00:02:608 (4) - is a hard and loud sound and could very well be emphasized, you're still 00:03:031 (1) - "killing" a very important sound right after by using much lower spacing and linear flow.

00:03:453 (3,1) - Why lower spacing here?

00:03:665 (1) - This slider flows a bit uncomfortably after flowing out of the previous jumps, consider rotating it a bit clockwise.

00:04:510 (1) - Players will want to click this sound 00:04:721 - I'd suggest something like this
or you can also end 00:03:665 (1) - at 00:04:087 -, have a slider start at 00:04:298 - and then a slider or circle at 00:04:721 -

00:06:200 (4,1) - Again what I said before about spacing and emphasis but here there's more. Although I would like to introduce a little something more and that is strain. You can create it by having "large" spacing 00:05:566 (1,2,3,4) - at one part and then immediately reducing it to low spacing right after, meaning that the player has to reduce his momentum and adjust his speed right after the jumps, thus creating strain to his aiming hand. You can see especially older high star maps do this. It's a technique that can be used in mapping but I wouldn't recommend using it in such a low SR map, and especially if you're a new mapper. Oh and one last thing, remember you can emphasize sounds using triplets (that is 3 notes usually in 1/4 rhythm and usually stacked). Using triplets is useful for changing flow directions and more, again play around with them and you'll learn. Just remember if you decide to use triplets in your map in order to emphasize sounds, remember to consistently emphasize said sounds using stacks, don't use a stack once because it's convenient and then abandon the idea, nor use them wherever you want -you have to be consistent about where in the timiline you place them too-. (fun fact: on the occasion right above 00:04:510 (1) - a triplet could be used)

00:07:890 (1) - Same as 00:04:510 (1) -

00:15:707 (3) - Your entire map has sliders with single repeat, I have a feeling that most players that rank will have difficulty reading this one. Consider having a single repeat and maybe a note at 00:16:341 -

00:18:031 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - woah chill there with the jumps not only do you have a 9 note jump section on pretty much a 2* diff map (that it would be without these jumps) you also overblew the spacing here 00:18:876 (5,6,7) - for some reason.

00:19:721 (9,1) - I keep seeing you doing this, it's not "bad bad" but I'm thinking that stacks may be your solution

00:21:411 (1) - Same as 00:15:707 (3) - but hey! look at this. What I said about 00:07:890 (1) - 00:04:510 (1) - can also be applied here, maybe the slider should start at 00:21:622 - and have a single reverse arrow.
What you want to do with 00:21:411 - is up to you, you can add a single 1/2 note like displayed before, or you can even add a stack, again as mentioned before.

00:24:791 (10,1) - So small spacing people will probably thing this is 1/2 but it's actually 1/1, I would suggest either increasing spacing or have a circle in between as filler rhythm (yes there are other ways to make 1/1 noticeable but I'll leave it to this)

00:26:481 (1) - This is a bit of a strange case, normally I would map this with a 3/4 slider but I don't know how acceptable this is on a 3* difficulty.

00:28:383 (1) - This feels empty, I would suggest either replacing the spinner with some "sliderart", or have a circle at 00:28:383 - and begin your spinner at 00:28:489 - or 00:28:594 -. In both cases 00:28:383 - is clicked and that feels gut.

Epilogue
Woah this took a long time to write, a lot more than I expected at least. Some ending notes would be, to use more consistent spacing in such low SR maps, keep in mind which sounds in the music are important and should be emphasized more and if what you map is a popular song, feel free to study ranked maps and get ideas (just don't blatantly copy their work plz), see what flow they are using, why they are using it, what sounds they decide to make clickable or not, what sounds they emphasize and more.

Also, map more, there's no thing better than playing around in the editor by yourself, making yourself comfortable with the tools, the shortcuts, how to create patterns, how you can manipulate flow and many more stuff.

Gl with mapping :)
greenhue
Mod

GENERAL:

Where are the hit sounds at? try to put claps and finishes to emphasize major sounds.

Easy:

Firstly, It's always a good thing to think of a beginner's perspective when mapping easy songs. Things that come to you easily may not come to a new player as easily. For example, 00:08:101 would be confusing because there is too many circles at one time. Try to limit it to about 2-3 at most. Same with 00:14:862.

At 00:16:974 the sliders might look cool but they don't really fit. I think there is a little problem because the easy diff does not a rhythm making it hard for newer players to read! try to make more simple rhythms. Save the complex ones for hard and up

at 00:16:552 There should be no difference in spacing because it's the same 1/1 as the rest of the song. Spacing like that would show that the note would be played on a 1/2 beat :)

at 00:27:960 the spinner should start

00:03:453 Blanketing pls. Make sure your map has structure and has A E S T H E T I C.

Normal:

WHOA THERE COWBOY! there is a huge difficulty spike between easy and normal. The star rating might not say it but there is.

The first thing that caught my attention was the ridiculous amount of reverse sliders. There needs to be flow in beatmaps and overusing reverse sliders absolutely kills any chance at having flow. All i can say is only have reverse sliders when anything else wouldn't fit the map.

The slider velocity is too high. That first slider is very fast. try lowering it!

00:10:214 this is the reverse slider that needs the most change. Its so unexpected and learning players would not do to well sight reading this...

00:17:820 if you're gonna do this make sure it's blanketed nicely.

Your normal difficulty for lack of better words is... ugly. I'm sorry but it just looks thrown together. You need to take time on your beatmaps. They don't just take 30 mins to make. The more time you spend furnishing it and making it look nice the better. This goes for all difficulties in the set.

Hard

Once again very little flow and sliders are used too much. There needs to be variety.

There is also very little flow. The cursor needs to move naturally around the map instead of jagged.

00:26:693 why increase spacing if the entire map is spaced normally? This actually brings up another point. Good Job using spacing on the jumps! make sure they look nice but you chose good spots for them :oops:

00:27:538 there are 3 strong sounds in a row here which would be PERFECT for a triple! you have to listen for every sound in the entire map and place objects according to that!

The start starts off very fast with jumps. Try adding a slider so its a little smoother at the beginning.

Jumpers

I think a LOT of what I have said in previous diffs carries over to this one.
Aesthetic.
Flow.
Object Placement. (stressing harsher sounds)

00:28:282 try re making this slider. Practice makes perfect!

I'm sure you've heard of pishifat. I reccomend watching his Basic Rhythm, Flow, and to be honest... All his mapping Videos.

End Thoughts Its ALWAYS good to have new mappers in town! the more mappers there are, the more ideas get tested and thrown around. We all start somewhere and to be honest you have a much better understanding of mapping than I did when I started. I think that even though there's a lot to work on in this map, the the harder you try and the more you dedicate yourself to mapping, the sooner these concepts will come to you. The first map might not get ranked and it will take a while to go through to get yourself your first ranked map. Just remember that theres always a community here to help you. You can ask me about anything any time and even though im not a super mapper myself I can show you what I have learned thus far. Get out there and practice! Happy Mapping! :)
Topic Starter
Kyuunex

antondan wrote:

from #modreq

General
I don't know much about low SR difficulties but I'll try modding the Hard diff.
I'll only mod one diff because it will probably be a long long mod. (and honestly most of the stuff I'll say apply to all diffs)

I wont comment much about aesthetics since I think I should focus on other subjects when it comes to new mappers. (Ok I also am bad at aesthetics myself so I can't help much). -The times that I will commend about aesthetics and patterns creation I will mark it with an appropriate tag [Aesthetics].

I'll try highlighting key words.

I hope you like essays

Hard

00:00:284 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - [Aesthetics] Consider not to freehand place patterns like this, instead use the editor tools to create them (they exist for a reason).
An example way to create a pattern like this is, first choose the angle you want 00:00:284 (1,2) - to create with your X axis (for example you had them initially at a ~25 degree angle). Next step is to duplicate 00:00:284 (1,2) - , rotate it by the amount of degrees you want your angle to 00:00:707 (3) - be and then scale (if you wish) the duplicated and rotated set of notes by whichever amount you want (example 0.8). That way you place (3), then you continue by duplicating (1,2,3) rotating/mirroring/rotating back/etc. done

It only took a few seconds but I tried recreating the pattern my own, it may not convey what you originally had in mind (feel free to play around with values/rotations and all until you find what you like the most) but at least it looks symmetrical

00:00:284 (1,2,3,4,5) - Now that we're done with the aesthetics part I'd like to address the difficulty spike in this. You start with relatively large jumps for this difficulty on the vocals before even the music starts. To me at least the part after 00:01:341 - sounds more intense than 00:00:284 - but you sharp angles, back and forth flow and large spacing for the more calm part. On the other hand, when the music starts you switch to 1/2 sliders 00:01:341 (1,2,3) -, low spacing, 00:03:031 (1,2,3,1) - circular flow and generally more easy mapping. I don't really have much of a suggestion to this one since it's not an easy fix (yes you can try nerfing 00:00:284 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - but I don't know how much of a nerf you can do so that there's enough contrast with when the music starts). Again I would suggest playing around a bit and becoming more familiar with the ways to express music through the objects.
jump distance reduced

00:01:129 (5,1) - This is a very very important sound. It's a large white tick (ticks themselves don't mean that much but in this case it does), there's a lot of contrast from the previous silent background now that the "instruments" are kicking in, and of course it's the introduction to a new section of the song. Which means, it should be emphasized. Right now you're not only not emphasizing, you're doing the opposite by having such large jumps right before it 00:00:284 (1,2,3,4,5) - and such a small jump at the important note 00:01:129 (5,1) - . To your credit however the angle/flow of the slider 00:01:341 (1) - is completely different from when the flow was previously facing (00:01:129 (5,1) - ), this change in direction actually helps with emphasis.
I'm thinking of letting the disruption of flow emphasize it

00:02:608 (4,1) - Same as before, even though 00:02:608 (4) - is a hard and loud sound and could very well be emphasized, you're still 00:03:031 (1) - "killing" a very important sound right after by using much lower spacing and linear flow.
disrupted the flow

00:03:453 (3,1) - Why lower spacing here?
no idea, spacing increased

00:03:665 (1) - This slider flows a bit uncomfortably after flowing out of the previous jumps, consider rotating it a bit clockwise.
I changed the slider with something that looks a lot better, hope it works

00:04:510 (1) - Players will want to click this sound 00:04:721 - I'd suggest something like this
done
or you can also end 00:03:665 (1) - at 00:04:087 -, have a slider start at 00:04:298 - and then a slider or circle at 00:04:721 -

00:06:200 (4,1) - Again what I said before about spacing and emphasis but here there's more. Although I would like to introduce a little something more and that is strain. You can create it by having "large" spacing 00:05:566 (1,2,3,4) - at one part and then immediately reducing it to low spacing right after, meaning that the player has to reduce his momentum and adjust his speed right after the jumps, thus creating strain to his aiming hand. You can see especially older high star maps do this. It's a technique that can be used in mapping but I wouldn't recommend using it in such a low SR map, and especially if you're a new mapper. Oh and one last thing, remember you can emphasize sounds using triplets (that is 3 notes usually in 1/4 rhythm and usually stacked). Using triplets is useful for changing flow directions and more, again play around with them and you'll learn. Just remember if you decide to use triplets in your map in order to emphasize sounds, remember to consistently emphasize said sounds using stacks, don't use a stack once because it's convenient and then abandon the idea, nor use them wherever you want -you have to be consistent about where in the timiline you place them too-. (fun fact: on the occasion right above 00:04:510 (1) - a triplet could be used)
I'm gonna avoid using triplets in this difficulty and let the guy who does the GD have that in his difficulty.
I try avoiding training players, but in this case I increased the jump distances

00:07:890 (1) - Same as 00:04:510 (1) -
not completely sure how i like the way this turned out followed by the straight slider. I might change this up a little, later

00:15:707 (3) - Your entire map has sliders with single repeat, I have a feeling that most players that rank will have difficulty reading this one. Consider having a single repeat and maybe a note at 00:16:341 -
done

00:18:031 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - woah chill there with the jumps not only do you have a 9 note jump section on pretty much a 2* diff map (that it would be without these jumps) you also overblew the spacing here 00:18:876 (5,6,7) - for some reason.
reduced 9 note hump hell to 5 note less spaced star pattern jumps followed by small sliders

00:19:721 (9,1) - I keep seeing you doing this, it's not "bad bad" but I'm thinking that stacks may be your solution
I like doing that. since I'm not doing stacks this diff, I'll leave that alone

00:21:411 (1) - Same as 00:15:707 (3) - but hey! look at this. What I said about 00:07:890 (1) - 00:04:510 (1) - can also be applied here, maybe the slider should start at 00:21:622 - and have a single reverse arrow.
What you want to do with 00:21:411 - is up to you, you can add a single 1/2 note like displayed before, or you can even add a stack, again as mentioned before.
changed to note followed by a slider

00:24:791 (10,1) - So small spacing people will probably thing this is 1/2 but it's actually 1/1, I would suggest either increasing spacing or have a circle in between as filler rhythm (yes there are other ways to make 1/1 noticeable but I'll leave it to this)
when I read that I added a filler and tried it and it didn't felt right so I settled with spacing

00:26:481 (1) - This is a bit of a strange case, normally I would map this with a 3/4 slider but I don't know how acceptable this is on a 3* difficulty.
i bent that slider a little now so it looks more like the others

00:28:383 (1) - This feels empty, I would suggest either replacing the spinner with some "sliderart", or have a circle at 00:28:383 - and begin your spinner at 00:28:489 - or 00:28:594 -. In both cases 00:28:383 - is clicked and that feels gut.
I'm not good with slider art so I just drew a basic looking slider. I might change this later

Epilogue
Woah this took a long time to write, a lot more than I expected at least. Some ending notes would be, to use more consistent spacing in such low SR maps, keep in mind which sounds in the music are important and should be emphasized more and if what you map is a popular song, feel free to study ranked maps and get ideas (just don't blatantly copy their work plz), see what flow they are using, why they are using it, what sounds they decide to make clickable or not, what sounds they emphasize and more.

Also, map more, there's no thing better than playing around in the editor by yourself, making yourself comfortable with the tools, the shortcuts, how to create patterns, how you can manipulate flow and many more stuff.

Gl with mapping :)
Thanks for putting a lot of time modding my terrible map :)
my replies are highlighted with a color in the quote.
Topic Starter
Kyuunex

GreenHue wrote:

Mod

GENERAL:

Where are the hit sounds at? try to put claps and finishes to emphasize major sounds.
I'm not really good at hitsounding and etc. I wanna forget about hitsounds for my first map
EDIT: nvm, i'll hitsound it later or get someone to do it

Easy:

Firstly, It's always a good thing to think of a beginner's perspective when mapping easy songs. Things that come to you easily may not come to a new player as easily. For example, 00:08:101 would be confusing because there is too many circles at one time. Try to limit it to about 2-3 at most. Same with 00:14:862.
some circles replaced with sliders

At 00:16:974 the sliders might look cool but they don't really fit. I think there is a little problem because the easy diff does not a rhythm making it hard for newer players to read! try to make more simple rhythms. Save the complex ones for hard and up
I'm sorry, I'm not sure how to deal with this exactly

at 00:16:552 There should be no difference in spacing because it's the same 1/1 as the rest of the song. Spacing like that would show that the note would be played on a 1/2 beat :)
um... the whole map is snapped.

done

00:03:453 Blanketing pls. Make sure your map has structure and has A E S T H E T I C.
not sure how to do aesthetic in easy maps, I'm really limited with what I can do in Easy.

Normal:

WHOA THERE COWBOY! there is a huge difficulty spike between easy and normal. The star rating might not say it but there is.

The first thing that caught my attention was the ridiculous amount of reverse sliders. There needs to be flow in beatmaps and overusing reverse sliders absolutely kills any chance at having flow. All i can say is only have reverse sliders when anything else wouldn't fit the map.

The slider velocity is too high. That first slider is very fast. try lowering it!

00:10:214 this is the reverse slider that needs the most change. Its so unexpected and learning players would not do to well sight reading this...

Your normal difficulty for lack of better words is... ugly. I'm sorry but it just looks thrown together. You need to take time on your beatmaps. They don't just take 30 mins to make. The more time you spend furnishing it and making it look nice the better. This goes for all difficulties in the set.

I'll let the guy who did this Guest difficulty take a look at these. His original Normal was way worse, no snapping, large gaps and etc. I tried editing it down a bit. Looks like it's still hard. We might remap this one.

Hard

Once again very little flow and sliders are used too much. There needs to be variety.

There is also very little flow. The cursor needs to move naturally around the map instead of jagged.
i improved that just a little

00:26:693 why increase spacing if the entire map is spaced normally? This actually brings up another point. Good Job using spacing on the jumps! make sure they look nice but you chose good spots for them :oops:
fixed, kinda

00:27:538 there are 3 strong sounds in a row here which would be PERFECT for a triple! you have to listen for every sound in the entire map and place objects according to that!

well, the first guy who modded this diff suggested that if I use tipples I should use it a lot, not just once and i decided not to triple. so i spaced those 3 strong sounds.

The start starts off very fast with jumps. Try adding a slider so its a little smoother at the beginning.
Jumps have been nerfed

Jumpers

Aesthetic.
Flow.

again, I'll let the guy who GD take a look at this one.

I'm sure you've heard of pishifat. I reccomend watching his Basic Rhythm, Flow, and to be honest... All his mapping Videos.

End Thoughts Its ALWAYS good to have new mappers in town! the more mappers there are, the more ideas get tested and thrown around. We all start somewhere and to be honest you have a much better understanding of mapping than I did when I started. I think that even though there's a lot to work on in this map, the the harder you try and the more you dedicate yourself to mapping, the sooner these concepts will come to you. The first map might not get ranked and it will take a while to go through to get yourself your first ranked map. Just remember that theres always a community here to help you. You can ask me about anything any time and even though im not a super mapper myself I can show you what I have learned thus far. Get out there and practice! Happy Mapping! :)
Thanks for modding. my responses are highlighted with a color.

This isn't my first ever map, I have few more unranked ones that I spent a lot of time on and learned a lot while doing so. my first map was way way worse than this one.
Lunar Eclipse
OwO Time to get to work
Lunar Eclipse

GreenHue wrote:

Mod

GENERAL:

Easy:

My friend has/or is working on it :)
Normal:

I'll be right on it :D
I'll keep that in mind :)

[color=#00FF00]When i look at it closely... I agree :p Thanks![/color]

Yeah i know, Me and my friend were thinking the same thing, Its very ugly and bad. I was mostly trying to increase the star rating but ended up just making it confusing and hard (Plays like a 4*, But its a 1.9*) And thats not good. Thanks for the feedback man :)
Hard

Jumpers

Aesthetic.
Flow.
Not sure what you mean here :p If i did good with all those 3 or its the same problem as the other diff's :p I assume the 2nd one. I'll get on it right away :3

(Our religion is pishifat... We love him... Forever)
THANK YOU! :D
Topic Starter
Kyuunex
ok, so map updated
normal completely remapped by me, not the GD guy. - need feedback.
Hard improved.
TRuxas's Jumpers slightly improved - need feedback.

needs hitsounding, and some more touch up... i think...

EDIT: TRuxas's difficulty added again.