forum

Dead Island

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mianki
Heard it's fun to play with friends, kinda like L4D but there's more melee.
FisHie_old
The co-op is the only thing I'd like to try. Other than that, it doesn't seem very interesting.
Pokebis

rust45 wrote:

Sk8rdude4438 wrote:

Really? i thought it would be great D: thats a disappointment
You are one of the reasons why I my faith in humanity keeps getting lower.
How so? That seems like an odd place to drop standards. Debating opinion and having yours waned is a problem?

Am I the only one in the thread who has actually played the game? It wasn't perfect, but once you get into it I found it pretty fun.
Behon
Rented it and didn't have time to finish it, but really enjoyed it. Also people in this thread are being douches.
Topic Starter
seasonS

Behonkiss wrote:

Rented it and didn't have time to finish it, but really enjoyed it. Also people in this thread are being douches.
Yes they are lol. Not all, but a select few.
Azure_Kite
I've yet to try it, but I wanted to try it as soon as I saw one of the promotional trailers (The one going back in time with the girl falling from a tall building, etc.)
Shiirn
ran like crap on my laptop, but was kind of fun. the gopher missions were retarded and got boring as hell.
AzureKikinak
It was fun to play but apparently there are a ton of glitches that I haven't experienced.
Rukario
Pretty fun in co-op, can get pretty hard playing alone at times. Car mechanics are a little iffy at first but you have to get used to that. A lot of melee in the beginning, until you get into act II.
Seibei4211
Driving that truck is my favorite thing in the entire world. I take it anywhere that it can phsyically fit. I'll take it into houses with big doors, across wide enough walkways, through water, across beaches, up stairs, off a cliff, whatever. I would've brought it into the hotel if I could.
Rukario
Well driving became really fun later when I sorted out the controls. (I was used to just steering with my mouse and just holding gas or break) That part confused me at first but then I got pretty used to it and driving became like the most fun part
Haseo_old
In terms of characters, I prefer Sam B due to his stats.

Discuss.
Seibei4211
Uh, well, Xian Mei is a Chinese chick, and that is all that matters to me. She may be one of the worst characters, but I still love her. Although, I do like using sharp weapons, having a bleed effect on sharp weapons, getting a smaller penalty upon dying, getting extra medkit efficiency, having enemy evasion, and getting backstab damage. That's not an argument to try and say she's awesome, but it's what I like about her so far. I don't like her Fury though. It's pretty lame. She doesn't have a way to either avoid/dampen enemy attacks or heal herself, whilst every other character does, during her Fury. She can increase her HP, but that's pretty lame.
Teras

Haseo wrote:

In terms of characters, I prefer Sam B due to his stats.

Discuss.
I prefer Logen cuz I can throw every freakin' wep whenever i get bored of meleeing. Also stats + fury
Seibei4211
Logan's pretty good. Purna also looks pretty beast. Her Fury just seems pretty good. You've got the long-range, multi-hit abilites of Logan's Fury, but also a ton of buffs and health regen in an aura. I really like the fact that Sam B gets constant health regen every minute though. That's really handy. And he gets super defense in Fury. If Xian had a defense boost during Fury, hers would be better.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

Purna also looks pretty beast
With skills like FeministWhore I'd hope so
Max300
Sam B is the best, beceause he's black.
Seibei4211
But what about Purna?
Max300

Seibei4211 wrote:

But what about Purna?
FeministWhore
Seibei4211
And she's black. Doesn't that make her the best?
Teras

Seibei4211 wrote:

And she's black. Doesn't that make her the best?
As max said.

FeministWhore
Topic Starter
seasonS

Max300 wrote:

Sam B is the best, beceause he's black.
Nice.