forum

4k mania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neko67
Hey guys after doing mostly standard, doing some taiko... I have like 6 hour play time and i'm already top 50k in the world lol

I've decided I also want to get into mania!
However I feel that I am much better off sticking 4k maps only. I know they have a tournament for 4k but what i'm wondering about is 4k players

Is it possible to be a strictly 4k player? Are there any good examples of these kinds of players?
Also i've seen a few posts about 4k maps but are there other resources for 4k maps only?

Thanks for any replies!
Yuudachi-kun
Examples of good 4k only players:

Minacious Grace
Shadow1800
Walrusizer (probably)
Shoegazer
EtienneXD
Halogen- (I think?)

I can't say snover or attang here in this list but whatever.

Yes you can also play this file in osumania at 1.1 rate if you really want to. It's not game limited. It's about 4k mania. Not 4k osu mania ranked.

No you don't need to play any other keymodes if you don't want to

Resources for 4k files:

Packs or files uploaded by
Xcaliboor
Evening
Shoegazer
Hydria
Sizuka
Fullerene

Everything under stepmania from here: t/399593
Topic Starter
Neko67
Omg thanks so much!

This is why the osu! Community is amazing :D
Yuudachi-kun
I can also explain a lot more since I'm bored if you care
abraker
Give a baby a bazooka and wonders will happen
Bobbias
I suggest NOT sticking to just 4k. If you care about PP, learn 7k, because you can get more PP from 7k maps if you're good at it. In 4k, maps above 4 stars start getting really hard really quickly, but in 7k, it's not as bad, and you can get higher PP by playing 7k.

If you don't care about PP, there's still a good reason to play other key modes. They're a lot of fun, even if they take a while to learn. The kinds of patterns you will see in 7k maps, for example, are very different from what you would see in 4k, and there's a lot more diversity.

Good luck, and I hope you don't chose to stick with 4k, but if you do, that's totally ok too.
jkkd

Bobbias wrote:

I suggest NOT sticking to just 4k. If you care about PP, learn 7k, because you can get more PP from 7k maps if you're good at it. In 4k, maps above 4 stars start getting really hard really quickly, but in 7k, it's not as bad, and you can get higher PP by playing 7k.
If you don't care about PP, there's still a good reason to play other key modes. They're a lot of fun, even if they take a while to learn. The kinds of patterns you will see in 7k maps, for example, are very different from what you would see in 4k, and there's a lot more diversity.
Good luck, and I hope you don't chose to stick with 4k, but if you do, that's totally ok too.

It's more like, if you want to play 7k in the future learn it now alongside 4k, otherwise in the future you will be completely unmotivated to learn as your 7k skillset will be frustratingly worse than 4k.
Caput Mortuum

Bobbias wrote:

ye listen to this guy. i regret not playing 7k in the first place because mapping 7k really looks way more fun than 4k
Topic Starter
Neko67
OK so to everyone to saying do 7k as well as 4k is a no go for me. Soley because I'm nowhere near able enough. Even with practise. But pp isn't that important for me. It's really only for my osu standard skills :p
johnmedina999
If you're just playing for STD skills, 4K is what you want, because you're not going to have to do complex chords or ladders with two fingers (7K patterns). Trills and jacks, not to mention general speed, will help you, as well as other common 4K patterns.
Yuudachi-kun
If you're playing for std skills, play standard.
Edgar_Figaro

Neko67 wrote:

OK so to everyone to saying do 7k as well as 4k is a no go for me. Soley because I'm nowhere near able enough. Even with practise. But pp isn't that important for me. It's really only for my osu standard skills :p
I mean if your just playing Mania to improve your tapping for standard than might as well just play Taiko as it's 4 keys just like Mania but is more similar to the way you'd play standard streams
snoverpk_old

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

Neko67 wrote:

I mean if your just playing Mania to improve your tapping for standard than might as well just play Taiko as it's 4 keys just like Mania but is more similar to the way you'd play standard streams
unless you play ddkk the only thing taiko would help you with is singletapping
Edgar_Figaro

snoverpk wrote:

unless you play ddkk the only thing taiko would help you with is singletapping
Well I do play DDKK maybe why I think that :)
Topic Starter
Neko67
Well you can still single tap with kddk :P