forum

im confused... again...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
r3tikle
i play no mod stream 210 bpm im to slow, then i play with hd im too fast. can any1 give me advice other than "get gud" or "play more"
KupcaH
Okay.
Play 3* maps.
Edgar_Figaro
Set your score meter type to "hit accuracy" also at the end of the map check your +\- m/s as well as unstable rate. One thing to check for is does your stream start with perfect ACC and then become too fast/slow or was the very first note in the stream starting early or late?

As far as hidden vs nomod it's just a matter of getting used to reading both ways. Playing a variety of AR's will help you to learn to time your hit more based on the sounds instead of what a lot of people unknowingly do (hit objects a specific duration of time after they appear)
Topic Starter
r3tikle

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

Set your score meter type to "hit accuracy" also at the end of the map check your +\- m/s as well as unstable rate. One thing to check for is does your stream start with perfect ACC and then become too fast/slow or was the very first note in the stream starting early or late?

As far as hidden vs nomod it's just a matter of getting used to reading both ways. Playing a variety of AR's will help you to learn to time your hit more based on the sounds instead of what a lot of people unknowingly do (hit objects a specific duration of time after they appear)
Finally some helpful advice, thank you ^_^
N0thingSpecial
fukin low ranks rushing to hard stuff again you mash cause you can neither accurately tap with no mod or HD, cause you haven't develop your rhythm sense yet.

don't put on HD for now, just focus on listening to the music and accurately tapping to it, at least try to get A ranking on maps.
Zedek117
You know there's nothing wrong with working your way up to 5 star maps and then doing mods. If you rush high difficulty maps this hard you'll end up building bad habits and you won't be able to play songs with a bpm below 180 or maps with an AR below 9.
ChipFuu
Improve your accuracy on lower diff maps, the lower difficulties and the game's general learning curve all exist for a reason.
N0thingSpecial
You know what? I'm sexually confused too
kai99
sir you're 560pp. around that range people dont try to stream 210 bpm, they try to fc 3* maps. im not kidding and this is sincere advice.

unless you want to start this "but im having fun", im guessing you posted in this forum to improve, not to ask us how to have better fun.
Ryoid

kai99 wrote:

sir you're 560pp. around that range people dont try to stream 210 bpm, they try to fc 3* maps. im not kidding and this is sincere advice.

unless you want to start this "but im having fun", im guessing you posted in this forum to improve, not to ask us how to have better fun.
I'm Trying to learning 4 star insane diff when i was 500 pp and still balancing my Acc with playing 2-3 star but sadly
My top rank showing me my worst play that time, but thanks to that now i can play 4-5 star map and hard map with DT piece a cake
And now i want to increase my average accuracy and gaining a high combo but still enjoying the game
So i'm doing something wrong? Maybe i need to start thinking about improving i guess
Barusamikosu

Ryoid wrote:

I'm Trying to learning 4 star insane diff when i was 500 pp and still balancing my Acc with playing 2-3 star but sadly
My top rank showing me my worst play that time, but thanks to that now i can play 4-5 star map and hard map with DT piece a cake
And now i want to increase my average accuracy and gaining a high combo but still enjoying the game
So i'm doing something wrong? Maybe i need to start thinking about improving i guess
If you're interested in seeing your accuracy go up (both the number value on your profile and the skill itself), you could try replaying some of the easier maps in your top ranks for a better score. Alternatively you can play more maps that you're able to get S ranks on, increasing difficulty when things start getting too easy.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Fingers don't get slow or fast that easy. It's reading what make them go faster or slower. Improve reading = improve speed.
KupcaH

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Improve reading = improve speed.
wait what
N0thingSpecial

KupcaH wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Improve reading = improve speed.
wait what
Im assuming he's saying with the assumption the player plays within their physical limitation, otherwise it sounds retarded.
winber1
play gud
Topic Starter
r3tikle
Thank you all for replying to my stupid, what every nub asks question. i will take your guy's advice to heart. I always retardedly play maps that are way to hard for me, i mean ALL THE TIME, i need to step down a few stars. anyways thank you all and i hope your guys have a good night or a good day.
Topic Starter
r3tikle

winber1 wrote:

play gud
XD
Celine
Hit Accuracy: 86%
Stop bashing your head to your keyboard while hovering spaztically playing things you can't handle
Ryoid

BWSnoob wrote:

Stop bashing your head to your keyboard while hovering spaztically playing things you can't handle
Whaa! How you do that?
ManuelOsuPlayer

BWSnoob wrote:

Way better to improve than play 200 times 2* maps to tell less experienced players the good what you're because your profile acc number (what means absolutelly nothing because only show the acc at your top plays what actually are your top plays due to the acc) is higger. Let me stop play songs above 2* so i can have 100% acc and be like: Ohh i'm so good, 100% acc, you noob, you do bad, i do good.

86% acc it's totally fine since you're pushing yourself at each circle you're playing. And not replaying the same stuff what you can do for a simple miss on a pattern.
KupcaH

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

BWSnoob wrote:

Way better to improve than play 200 times 2* maps to tell less experienced players the good what you're because your profile acc number (what means absolutelly nothing because only show the acc at your top plays what actually are your top plays due to the acc) is higger. Let me stop play songs above 2* so i can have 100% acc and be like: Ohh i'm so good, 100% acc, you noob, you do bad, i do good.
Are you retarded or somethin'?

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

86% acc it's totally fine since you're pushing yourself at each circle you're playing. And not replaying the same stuff what you can do for a simple miss on a pattern.
No it's not. Person should focus not only on challenging stuffs, but he also should focus on stuffs that he can FC with high accuracy. If he's gonna play whack-a-mole game, he won't be able to acc anything later.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Acc improve playing challenging stuff.
He is playing 4-6 not 8-10. He would die if he don't know wtf it's happening. Even mashing some patterns he will be able to play them properly after improve playing the hard patterns what he is actually reading and playing well. There is no reasson to say he is mashing when he is obviosly playing in his límit, and not over it.
I'm not saying easier stuff isn't worth. I'm saying play where you get a B because 86% it's usually a B. It's not way to be negative for improvment. So there is no fucking point a random say: "Stop bashing your head to your keyboard".
If he would be playing over his skill i would be the first one on say: You lose the time and get bad habits, play easier stuff. But it's obviously not the case.
Why would he play in a way he don't have fun when what he is doing at this point it's totally usefull.
Yolshka
Manuel, retrying is not a prerequisite for achieving high accuracy. That's how you know you can be confident in you're accuracy if you can pull of high acc plays on sightread, and it certainly doesn't have to be all that easy either, but that has to be trained, and the misunderstandings probably come from the fact that what youre suggesting is very much suboptimal to do that.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Yolshka wrote:

Manuel, retrying is not a prerequisite for achieving high accuracy. That's how you know you can be confident in you're accuracy if you can pull of high acc plays on sightread, and it certainly doesn't have to be all that easy either, but that has to be trained, and the misunderstandings probably come from the fact that what youre suggesting is very much suboptimal to do that.
That's not what we are talking about, and no idea why you explain this to me when i'm probably one of the players who in the actually less retry on the game.
Before someone say it: I didn't say sightread it's better than retry, or retry it's better. Just how i like to play.
N0thingSpecial
Manual can you not use your personal preference as advice

You train acc, by achieving high acc plays, and the difficulty mostly come from rhythm complexity and OD if the map is relatively easy to aim. If you play stuff that's too challenging other stuff like aim, reading and stamina would distract you from training your acc.

Yes being able to read and aim is very crucial for getting good acc, but that doesn't mean good aim and reading automatically gives you good acc, and clearly OP has the aim to start training his consistency and accuracy

I just started playing HR seriously about 1 month ago I don't go straight to a 7* OD10 map cause I need easy stuff to help me adapt to AR10 and OD10 hence I play TV size first, after getting decent amount of PP that I jump into multi or press f2, slap on HR and train my acc with variety.

If you say playing maps that are challenging to SS, then you're partially right, but if you're saying he should play maps that are just plain challenging to play in general then it's not really helpful with accuracy

to OP: play what you like but at least try to get an A
Topic Starter
r3tikle

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Manual can you not use your personal preference as advice

You train acc, by achieving high acc plays, and the difficulty mostly come from rhythm complexity and OD if the map is relatively easy to aim. If you play stuff that's too challenging other stuff like aim, reading and stamina would distract you from training your acc.

Yes being able to read and aim is very crucial for getting good acc, but that doesn't mean good aim and reading automatically gives you good acc, and clearly OP has the aim to start training his consistency and accuracy

I just started playing HR seriously about 1 month ago I don't go straight to a 7* OD10 map cause I need easy stuff to help me adapt to AR10 and OD10 hence I play TV size first, after getting decent amount of PP that I jump into multi or press f2, slap on HR and train my acc with variety.

If you say playing maps that are challenging to SS, then you're partially right, but if you're saying he should play maps that are just plain challenging to play in general then it's not really helpful with accuracy

to OP: play what you like but at least try to get an A
yep im being stupid, not fixing a major mistake im doing by playing too hard maps, im not very confident forsome reason, most of my better plays are B, i choke because of simple mistakes, im easily distracted always thinking about something, but now im trying to go with the song more than usual, although i do need to practice timing but as of now im taking a short break and i need to get ready for school, but when im playing again which is prob like 2 or 3 days, ima try my best. but thank you ill put this in mind
Topic Starter
r3tikle

BWSnoob wrote:

i dont understand why people say this shit to newer players. Did people do that to you when you first started, if so why dont you change that instead of being an ass

if your gonna say "ooh im saying it so you you can understand" or something, at least say it in a nice way

and no i dont fucking bash my head dumb fuck, nobody does that, and i dont fucking hover spaztically.
Celine
It's an old habit and I helped much more people that way than by being an overly nice person
But yea, try to sightread and try to get good acc or fc without retrying 10000x
Not also that it might improve your aim, but your reading skill and consistency as well
Celine
Just for a side note, I made fun of that 100% acc guy #1 sniper on one of my previous post
I'll let you do the thinking
Also, have anyone mentioned that the habit of restarting after a miss/100 is bad for improvement? Don't make the same mistake that I did
Topic Starter
r3tikle

BWSnoob wrote:

It's an old habit and I helped much more people that way than by being an overly nice person
Not also that it might improve your aim, but your reading skill and consistency as well
i see that it hurts the person, BUT it does help them and myself understand( i just got too butt hurt when i read that). i rarely retry i always hop beat maps, i tunnel vision missing simple jumps, im not confident in myself, expecting too much from myself. i need to break old habits and make new better habits. probbably why i havent got pass 500 combo, like i said before i think way too much just to click some circles, i think about things outside of the game way too much, like oh the fan is on, or whos messaging me on discord.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Fai1uR3 wrote:

BWSnoob wrote:

i see that it hurts the person, BUT it does help them and myself understand( i just got too butt hurt when i read that). i rarely retry i always hop beat maps, i tunnel vision missing simple jumps, im not confident in myself, expecting too much from myself. i need to break old habits and make new better habits. probbably why i havent got pass 500 combo, like i said before i think way too much just to click some circles, i think about things outside of the game way too much, like oh the fan is on, or whos messaging me on discord.
It's no sense to be rude with other people to help them xD. Just people with bit ego, small brain and small D trying to feel they are better than new players to feel they don't play bad, instead work on it how you try to do.

If you have big problems with combo try to play more at * ratting where you can FC and play around there for a long while. Short the beatmaps from duration and start going for FC at shortest ones and work around there trying to get fc on longer and longer maps at easy diffs for you.Will be more easy than go directly to fc a +1000 circles map.
Try to play without force reading or focus on purpouse.
Check the replays where you miss to understand why you miss and try to practice to improve.
Also check when you play really well, why. So you can understand better some things and go deep to get better at them.
Topic Starter
r3tikle

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

It's no sense to be rude with other people to help them xD. Just people with bit ego, small brain and small D trying to feel they are better than new players to feel they don't play bad, instead work on it how you try to do.

If you have big problems with combo try to play more at * ratting where you can FC and play around there for a long while. Short the beatmaps from duration and start going for FC at shortest ones and work around there trying to get fc on longer and longer maps at easy diffs for you.Will be more easy than go directly to fc a +1000 circles map.
Try to play without force reading or focus on purpouse.
Check the replays where you miss to understand why you miss and try to practice to improve.
Also check when you play really well, why. So you can understand better some things and go deep to get better at them.
yea i barely just found out i can watch failed replays, and now im trying to not only focus on one spot tunnel visioning me, started playing more relaxed lately. seems its better for me.
Ryoid
just play like you want to play,it doesn't matter if you do keep retrying 2 star maps or passing 6 star maps
just enjoy the game and you will get better on it without knowing
that was my opnion
well,good luck and enjoy the game