forum

Double Time to play better HR?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer
I find it easier to read than no mod or HR. Even i have more consistence playing some easy maps at ar9dt than the same map played with HR. Don't make lot of sense. Maybe it's the CS what make my reading inconsistent playing HR, idk.
The question it's if i should edit the AR at some maps to make them similar to AR10 after add DT, in way to get more consistent playing HR, or if it's better just keep playing HR directly.
My biggest problem it's i get lost readding patterns what i can read for themselfs but not pattern after pattern after pattern. Something like stamina/focus/prediction readding. I also happens to me playing nomod, but not at DT. Playing DT my consistence readding it's way better. Should i start spaming DT in way to improve nomod and HR readding? Also depends on the map, i have passes on 5* with HR and at same time still having problems with some 4* HR.
Any suggestions or tips.
N0thingSpecial
Two words: note density

Now play whatever you like, it's not like you're gonna like the idea of getting better accuracy and muscle memory through variety no mod maps that range from easy to extremely challenging anyways
Yolshka
Imo i think it should be best to be practicing exactly what you want to get good at, I wouldn't bet on some indirect improvement that may or may not happen.
I don't think that there are any patterns in this game that are needed to be predicted, i find that weird.

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Also depends on the map, i have passes on 5* with HR and at same time still having problems with some 4* HR.
That's pretty normal tbh, especially if the map is 4* after applying HR, which I don't know whether or not is the case because you didn't specify. I find low bpm/* maps to be quite a challenge on high AR, especially 10.

I cant read higher than ~9.3 tho...
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Two words: note density

Now play whatever you like, it's not like you're gonna like the idea of getting better accuracy and muscle memory through variety no mod maps that range from easy to extremely challenging anyways
It's what i'm doing latelly. I always been focused on acc before touch a circle/beat.

Yolshka wrote:

Imo i think it should be best to be practicing exactly what you want to get good at, I wouldn't bet on some indirect improvement that may or may not happen.
I don't think that there are any patterns in this game that are needed to be predicted, i find that weird.
I find low bpm/* maps to be quite a challenge on high AR, especially 10
That's what i'm doing, just don't closing my mind to new posibilities like using DT for improve reading at HR.I'm not sure that will help at all, but idk so i'm asking.
When i predict circles i don't need almost 50% of the reaction time i need to play the same maps. So that's probably the reasson what i can play some really hardest beatmaps than others more easy.
I was thinking i was the only one having big problems with low bpm.
Kiciuk
Its this thread again ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Grabbing Popped Cobseed
N0thingSpecial

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

It's what i'm doing latelly. I always been focused on acc before touch a circle/beat.
welp typical of you to leave out the "ranging from easy to extremely challenging" part but cool nice that you're attempting to focus on acc
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

N0thingSpecial wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

welp typical of you to leave out the "ranging from easy to extremely challenging" part but cool nice that you're attempting to focus on acc
I don't leave the easy part. I just more focused on the challenging one. I'm playing some ar10 maps and after add HR to them i get destroyed by circle size. So actually the CS it's my bigger problem by far, since i add the od and hp to make them the same.
N0thingSpecial
That's because your foundation is trash cause you focus too much on challenging maps, even I question my ability to sight read FC 4* 7 minutes long maps

Small cs can be provided naturally through no mod, and it's usually harder to aim compared to HR ignoring the AR, HR is a mod that makes easy maps harder, that doesn't mean the pattern itself is harder, maps that has small cs to start with have harder patterns which is a lot more useful in building muscle memory.

It's like the stuff you consider easy give you nothing and the challenging maps give you nothing in improvement cause you never bothered to sit down and focus on the basics of basics: no mod
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

N0thingSpecial wrote:

That's because your foundation is trash cause you focus too much on challenging maps, even I question my ability to sight read FC 4* 7 minutes long maps

Small cs can be provided naturally through no mod, and it's usually harder to aim compared to HR ignoring the AR, HR is a mod that makes easy maps harder, that doesn't mean the pattern itself is harder, maps that has small cs to start with have harder patterns which is a lot more useful in building muscle memory.

It's like the stuff you consider easy give you nothing and the challenging maps give you nothing in improvement cause you never bothered to sit down and focus on the basics of basics: no mod
I have played nomod at least 10 times more than HR+HD+DT+EZ+FL together.
I played a lot of AR7 AR8 and AR9 maps. I searched for some tags as "instrumental" and played all the available ranked and loved ones. Played all maps what i had from 1'00* to 3'99*. What are the basics i'm missing of? Maybe i just need more time without even do nothing to let my brain start work with all the information.
N0thingSpecial
are you incapable of playing no mod maps that are between 4*-5*

from a mapping perspective there's little to no innovation and variety when it comes to patterning on 1*-3*, so you're pretty much wasting your time by spending the most time playing those maps lol

welp what ever, try a TV size jump map or something idk.
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

N0thingSpecial wrote:

are you incapable of playing no mod maps that are between 4*-5*

from a mapping perspective there's little to no innovation and variety when it comes to patterning on 1*-3*, so you're pretty much wasting your time by spending the most time playing those maps lol

welp what ever, try a TV size jump map or something idk.
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8754501 UR sucks.
Barusamikosu
Yes, DT can be a good intermediate step between nomod and HR. If you really want to step up your HR gameplay though, you should focus on improving your aim as best as possible.

Recalling my own experience, there was a point in time when I was spamming HR Hards/Hypers because I saw a few friends getting FC/top 50 with (HD)HR thought it looked cool. It was a huge struggle and wasn't doing much for me at the time. I ended up abandoning it and coming back to it later after improving my overall skill to find that it was then easier almost to the point of being trivial.

Similarly, I find it much easier nowadays to go for FC on certain 4 and 5 star maps with HR. This increased ease happened somewhere around 4,000 PP which I guess is why people tend to recommend that as a base.

AR10 is difficult for sure, but there's a point where you can overpower that with good aim, given the right map.
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

Barusamikosu wrote:

Yes, DT can be a good intermediate step between nomod and HR. If you really want to step up your HR gameplay though, you should focus on improving your aim as best as possible.

Recalling my own experience, there was a point in time when I was spamming HR Hards/Hypers because I saw a few friends getting FC/top 50 with (HD)HR thought it looked cool. It was a huge struggle and wasn't doing much for me at the time. I ended up abandoning it and coming back to it later after improving my overall skill to find that it was then easier almost to the point of being trivial.

Similarly, I find it much easier nowadays to go for FC on certain 4 and 5 star maps with HR. This increased ease happened somewhere around 4,000 PP which I guess is why people tend to recommend that as a base.

AR10 is difficult for sure, but there's a point where you can overpower that with good aim, given the right map.
Ohhh, i get it. This will be really usefull for me, thank's you!
-Makishima S-
From my own knowledge after listening polish interview with Rafis/Wilchq and pro players speaking about other top players, DT is a way to improve at HR but only if you can read AR10 perfectly already (by logic AR10.3 makes your aim and reading faster and more precise).

AR9.6 is a nice step up into HR from other side.
Celine
Yes kinda
Aren't you overthinking about the game tho