Xoro

h3oCharles wrote:

eww, SSBNRHCWN hitbursts
???
Topic Starter
Xoro

h3oCharles wrote:

eww, SSBNRHCWN hitbursts
if you are talking about combo bursts (the character that pops from the side of the screen when you reach a certain combo) that is removed in the update i am about to release in a few seconds :D
zeplic
Downloading, will play a few maps with it and post my critiques later (from my own personal preferences of course)
h3oCharles

OfficialPyroh wrote:

h3oCharles wrote:

eww, SSBNRHCWN hitbursts
if you are talking about combo bursts (the character that pops from the side of the screen when you reach a certain combo) that is removed in the update i am about to release in a few seconds :D
hitbursts (hit0, hit50, hit100(k), hit300(g/k) ) are not yours
Topic Starter
Xoro
[/quote]hitbursts (hit0, hit50, hit100(k), hit300(g/k) ) are not yours[/quote]

didn't think that mattered.
Topic Starter
Xoro

zeplic wrote:

Downloading, will play a few maps with it and post my critiques later (from my own personal preferences of course)
sounds good :D
Topic Starter
Xoro

h3oCharles wrote:

eww, SSBNRHCWN hitbursts
made my own hitbursts and updated the links, i didn't know i was not allowed to use other ones :P
zeplic
Change the reverse "arrow" color to red/pink or something. Its hard to see when its white on a white border slider track as its not actually an arrow.

I don't feel like color: 255,255,255 works well with the hit circle youve chosen.
I recommend trying
Combo1: 0, 255, 168
Combo2: 255,55,55
Combo3: 0,240,255

I feel like the follow points are too wide. That said, i do appreciate them being larger than some of the others that are simply too slim.

You didnt add an approach circle.

I was also triggered that your hit circle overlay wasnt @2x while your hit circle was.

Additionally, I prefer playing in a frame, so i editted your scorebarbg to the seouless version, then added your "Dont die" but on top of it. It looks neat. (outside the fact its a little too bright because it was a lazy overlap edit)
Maybe consider adding a frame in an EXTRA folder so people can use it if they want to.

I don't like the popping hit sounds, despite their popularity. So i added in a hybrid acoustic hit fx set instead. (maybe could add to the extras folder as well)

Here's a video of me using an edited version of your skin that addresses everything i mentioned above and hopefully sticks to the same general idea you were going for.

https://streamable.com/zsubx

feel free to add the discord on my profile if you want the assets i added (credit to their original creators, of course)
Topic Starter
Xoro

zeplic wrote:

Change the reverse "arrow" color to red/pink or something. Its hard to see when its white on a white border slider track as its not actually an arrow.

I don't feel like color: 255,255,255 works well with the hit circle youve chosen.
I recommend trying
Combo1: 0, 255, 168
Combo2: 255,55,55
Combo3: 0,240,255

I feel like the follow points are too wide. That said, i do appreciate them being larger than some of the others that are simply too slim.

You didnt add an approach circle.

I was also triggered that your hit circle overlay wasnt @2x while your hit circle was.

Additionally, I prefer playing in a frame, so i editted your scorebarbg to the seouless version, then added your "Dont die" but on top of it. It looks neat. (outside the fact its a little too bright because it was a lazy overlap edit)
Maybe consider adding a frame in an EXTRA folder so people can use it if they want to.

I don't like the popping hit sounds, despite their popularity. So i added in a hybrid acoustic hit fx set instead. (maybe could add to the extras folder as well)

Here's a video of me using an edited version of your skin that addresses everything i mentioned above and hopefully sticks to the same general idea you were going for.

https://streamable.com/zsubx

feel free to add the discord on my profile if you want the assets i added (credit to their original creators, of course)
so i watched that video and i noticed your hircircles are gradient while mine are solid... it must have something to do with the @x2 elements you were talking about. i never knew those were needed since they do not appear in my skin. and thank you for letting me know about the frame i never thought about that. i will definetly keep everything you said in mind while i do this skinning tonight :) thank you for all of your input it is much appreciated
zeplic
This dude just made a sick Approach Circle@2x . Instant play improvement when i dropped it into my own skin.

Can't wait for his next release
Topic Starter
Xoro

zeplic wrote:

This dude just made a sick Approach Circle@2x . Instant play improvement when i dropped it into my own skin.

Can't wait for his next release
:)