forum

Pyroh v2 osu! Standard Skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Atara
SCREENSHOTS SHOW THE SKIN WITHOUT THINGS IN CHANGELOG. PLEASE READ THE CHANGELOG!!

IF THE SKIN LOOKS DIFFERENT THAN SCREENSHOTS PLEASE NOTIFY ME (unless differences are things noted in changelog)

DOWNLOADS: https://www.mediafire.com/file/7e3fdv7u ... h%20v2.rar (.RAR File)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/19z9nplv ... h%20v2.osk (.OSK File) !!IF THIS SKIN LOOKS DIFFERENT FROM SCREENSHOTS PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE .RAR VERSION OF THE SKIN (unless differences are things noted in changelog)!!

CHANGELOG

2:11 AM EST 8/2/17 Made hitcircles darker so they are not so distracting, Edited slider ball so its easier to follow, slightly edited combo colors
12:23 PM EST 8/2/17 Removed hitcircle double dots
1:33 PM EST 8/2/17 Removed combo bursts and changed mod icons
2:46 PM EST 8/2/17 Removed old hitbursts and created my own (hit100,300,50,100k,300k,50k)
12:28 AM EST 8/3/17 Added playfield border, purple cursor, fixed hitcircles, changed reverse arrow, added options to revert back to yellow cursor and no border,screenshots will be updated soon

SCREENSHOTS

INFO: Pyroh v2 is my second attempt at making a skin and i think i did a really good job at it! I have been working on this skin for several days trying to find the right style for the skin, then choosing the colors then finally making the skin. At first this was a rainbow skin then after switching the style to a bright RGB skin i finally decided i wanted this skin to have a dark theme. When i look at this skin all i think of are rock songs and other hardcore and dark things. This skin is for style and performance, a skin for everyone to enjoy! Please give me suggestions and let me know if there are any errors in my skin. thank you so much for downloading and trying out my skin :)
RockRoller
You need to set HitCircleOverlap in the skin.ini to the width of your default.png to remove the double dots for comvos higher than 9.
Topic Starter
Atara

RockRoller wrote:

You need to set HitCircleOverlap in the skin.ini to the width of your default.png to remove the double dots for comvos higher than 9.
thank you!
h3oCharles
eww, SSBNRHCWN hitbursts
Topic Starter
Atara

h3oCharles wrote:

eww, SSBNRHCWN hitbursts
???
Topic Starter
Atara

h3oCharles wrote:

eww, SSBNRHCWN hitbursts
if you are talking about combo bursts (the character that pops from the side of the screen when you reach a certain combo) that is removed in the update i am about to release in a few seconds :D
zeplic
Downloading, will play a few maps with it and post my critiques later (from my own personal preferences of course)
h3oCharles

OfficialPyroh wrote:

h3oCharles wrote:

eww, SSBNRHCWN hitbursts
if you are talking about combo bursts (the character that pops from the side of the screen when you reach a certain combo) that is removed in the update i am about to release in a few seconds :D
hitbursts (hit0, hit50, hit100(k), hit300(g/k) ) are not yours
Topic Starter
Atara
[/quote]hitbursts (hit0, hit50, hit100(k), hit300(g/k) ) are not yours[/quote]

didn't think that mattered.
Topic Starter
Atara

zeplic wrote:

Downloading, will play a few maps with it and post my critiques later (from my own personal preferences of course)
sounds good :D
Topic Starter
Atara

h3oCharles wrote:

eww, SSBNRHCWN hitbursts
made my own hitbursts and updated the links, i didn't know i was not allowed to use other ones :P
zeplic
Change the reverse "arrow" color to red/pink or something. Its hard to see when its white on a white border slider track as its not actually an arrow.

I don't feel like color: 255,255,255 works well with the hit circle youve chosen.
I recommend trying
Combo1: 0, 255, 168
Combo2: 255,55,55
Combo3: 0,240,255

I feel like the follow points are too wide. That said, i do appreciate them being larger than some of the others that are simply too slim.

You didnt add an approach circle.

I was also triggered that your hit circle overlay wasnt @2x while your hit circle was.

Additionally, I prefer playing in a frame, so i editted your scorebarbg to the seouless version, then added your "Dont die" but on top of it. It looks neat. (outside the fact its a little too bright because it was a lazy overlap edit)
Maybe consider adding a frame in an EXTRA folder so people can use it if they want to.

I don't like the popping hit sounds, despite their popularity. So i added in a hybrid acoustic hit fx set instead. (maybe could add to the extras folder as well)

Here's a video of me using an edited version of your skin that addresses everything i mentioned above and hopefully sticks to the same general idea you were going for.

https://streamable.com/zsubx

feel free to add the discord on my profile if you want the assets i added (credit to their original creators, of course)
Topic Starter
Atara

zeplic wrote:

Change the reverse "arrow" color to red/pink or something. Its hard to see when its white on a white border slider track as its not actually an arrow.

I don't feel like color: 255,255,255 works well with the hit circle youve chosen.
I recommend trying
Combo1: 0, 255, 168
Combo2: 255,55,55
Combo3: 0,240,255

I feel like the follow points are too wide. That said, i do appreciate them being larger than some of the others that are simply too slim.

You didnt add an approach circle.

I was also triggered that your hit circle overlay wasnt @2x while your hit circle was.

Additionally, I prefer playing in a frame, so i editted your scorebarbg to the seouless version, then added your "Dont die" but on top of it. It looks neat. (outside the fact its a little too bright because it was a lazy overlap edit)
Maybe consider adding a frame in an EXTRA folder so people can use it if they want to.

I don't like the popping hit sounds, despite their popularity. So i added in a hybrid acoustic hit fx set instead. (maybe could add to the extras folder as well)

Here's a video of me using an edited version of your skin that addresses everything i mentioned above and hopefully sticks to the same general idea you were going for.

https://streamable.com/zsubx

feel free to add the discord on my profile if you want the assets i added (credit to their original creators, of course)
so i watched that video and i noticed your hircircles are gradient while mine are solid... it must have something to do with the @x2 elements you were talking about. i never knew those were needed since they do not appear in my skin. and thank you for letting me know about the frame i never thought about that. i will definetly keep everything you said in mind while i do this skinning tonight :) thank you for all of your input it is much appreciated
zeplic
This dude just made a sick Approach Circle@2x . Instant play improvement when i dropped it into my own skin.

Can't wait for his next release
Topic Starter
Atara

zeplic wrote:

This dude just made a sick Approach Circle@2x . Instant play improvement when i dropped it into my own skin.

Can't wait for his next release
:)