forum

TWICE - 1 to 10

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hari
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
2lewd
00:44:634 (1) - Odd shaped slider. This one is an easy fix.

00:56:600 (4,1) - Placement of this circle and slider should be made to look more clean like the rest of the map

00:58:117 (1,2,3,4,5) - Diff spike is a bit much compared the the rest of the chorus. Maybe make the chorus a bit more difficult to keep that, or vice versa. The chorus feels like a 3.5 star map 75% of the time. Then there are these 4.5* jumps.

00:58:791 (5,6) - The distance between 5 and 6 is the same as the distance between 4 and 5. Gameplay wise, you’ll think they’ll be pressed at the same time, but they aren’t.

01:23:735 (1,2,3,4,5) - Very hard to read. This one is kinda up to you, but I do think that it’s another unnecessary diff spike compared to the rest of the song. Also, spacing is way too close between 4 & 5 compared to the rest of the jumps. Also, I get the feeling that each jump to the next note should be further than the previous, but (1,2) is further than (2,3).

01:26:095 (4) - The overlap of this circle with the slider (1) looks weird. This one is up to you. I don’t really think it’s that big of a deal, but I know that there are people who don’t like this.

01:29:802 (5) - Same as before. This time with circle (5) and slider (1)

01:38:061 (3) - There are other sounds that I think you should be representing here instead of the long heart slider.

01:45:140 (4,1) - Kinda the same as the second criticism. Although, this one looks better than the previous.

01:52:050 (1,2,3,4,5) - Same as 00:58:117

02:13:960 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - This diff spike is crazy. Everything before this is like 3*, then this 4.8* jump outta nowhere. I understand that this part has emphasis, but it’s really sudden. Also, these jumps are harder (further) than the ones in the more upbeat chorus. Instead, they should be more in line with the jumps here 02:19:522 (2,3,4,5,6)

I’m getting a bit tired, so to summarize the last chorus - look at 01:26:095.

Also, the last spinner is unnecessary
Topic Starter
Hari

2lewd wrote:

00:44:634 (1) - Odd shaped slider. This one is an easy fix.

I'll keep the slider (for now), I think it's fine.

00:56:600 (4,1) - Placement of this circle and slider should be made to look more clean like the rest of the map

Fixed everything.

00:58:117 (1,2,3,4,5) - Diff spike is a bit much compared the the rest of the chorus. Maybe make the chorus a bit more difficult to keep that, or vice versa. The chorus feels like a 3.5 star map 75% of the time. Then there are these 4.5* jumps.

I made the chorus a bit more difficult by increasing spacing; fixed.

00:58:791 (5,6) - The distance between 5 and 6 is the same as the distance between 4 and 5. Gameplay wise, you’ll think they’ll be pressed at the same time, but they aren’t.

I think there's enough time to react so I'll keep it for now.

01:23:735 (1,2,3,4,5) - Very hard to read. This one is kinda up to you, but I do think that it’s another unnecessary diff spike compared to the rest of the song. Also, spacing is way too close between 4 & 5 compared to the rest of the jumps. Also, I get the feeling that each jump to the next note should be further than the previous, but (1,2) is further than (2,3).

Fixed.

01:26:095 (4) - The overlap of this circle with the slider (1) looks weird. This one is up to you. I don’t really think it’s that big of a deal, but I know that there are people who don’t like this.

Keeping it.

01:29:802 (5) - Same as before. This time with circle (5) and slider (1)

Keeping it.

01:38:061 (3) - There are other sounds that I think you should be representing here instead of the long heart slider.

I was following the note the artist was holding in, so I'm keeping it ( + cool aesthetic c; ).

01:45:140 (4,1) - Kinda the same as the second criticism. Although, this one looks better than the previous.

Keeping it.

01:52:050 (1,2,3,4,5) - Same as 00:58:117

Keeping it.

02:13:960 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - This diff spike is crazy. Everything before this is like 3*, then this 4.8* jump outta nowhere. I understand that this part has emphasis, but it’s really sudden. Also, these jumps are harder (further) than the ones in the more upbeat chorus. Instead, they should be more in line with the jumps here 02:19:522 (2,3,4,5,6)

Fixed.

I’m getting a bit tired, so to summarize the last chorus - look at 01:26:095.

Fixed spacing.

Also, the last spinner is unnecessary

Removed.

Thanks for the mod, I really appreciate it. :)
CPUnit
00:03:847 (1) - It's fine how it is, but I think that it's better to do 2 circles.

00:10:926 (1,2,3) - The spacing between 2 and 3 imply that the timing is going to be 1/2, but it's not. The fact that the timing between 1 and 2 is a 1/2 beat makes it more confusing. Make 3 farther away from 2 to make it more readable.

00:19:859 (2,1) - The spacing between 2 and 1 imply that the timing is going to be a 1/1 beat, but it's not. You should stack the slider head where 2 is to make it more readable.
Tip: Spacing is usually used to tell the player the timing of the next object(s). If it's big spacing, it's usually a 1/1 beat. If it's moderate spacing, it's a 1/2 beat. A few parts of your map don't follow this rule, so try finding those parts in your map. (Don't worry, I'll show other examples.)

00:44:634 (1) - The slider shape is okay, but I highly suggest that you don't do this. There are a few individual sounds during the slider that you could map to. It's good that you're trying to emphasize her voice, but there is a lot more you can map here. You should delete the slider and map that part.
Tip: You should always map the main instrument in the song, but once the main instrument goes away or loses its power, you should map the 2nd most powerful instrument (usually drums and/or guitar).

00:56:600 (4,1) - This is uncomfortable movement. The player snaps to 4, then snaps to 1, but because the slider is going one way, they have to immediately accelerate in the complete opposite direction, and then move back. You should ctrl+g 1 and space it away from 4.

00:58:791 (5,6) - The spacing of the last few jumps looks similar to 5 and 6's spacing so a player would expect to do a 1/2 beat jump. I suggest that you put a new combo on 6 to imply that something is new, or put 6 farther away from 5.

01:22:555 (1,2,3,4,5) - This pattern is an example of something that isn't developed well or not used right. 1, 2, and 3 are fine, but when you get to 4 and 5 it makes the whole thing fall down. Earlier in the song, the distance between 1 and 2 usually means a 1/2 beat. The distance between 3, 4, and 5 usually means a 1/1 beat. But because of the chorus made the distance between 3, 4, and 5 also a 1/2 beat, the players will think the whole pattern is a 1/2 beat. Which distance is telling the player that this is a 1/2 beat? The shorter one? The longer one? You should make 3 stand out from the group since it takes a 1/1 beat from 2 and 4, and bring 4 and 5 a bit closer together to indicate that it's a 1/2 like 1 and 2.
Tip: You need to develop your maps patterns in order to tell the player what's happening next. If big spacing is used in one section and small spacing is used in the other section, it is best to not merge those spacings into one section, as it can get confusing for the player. Patterns should be assigned to certain sections and intensities to keep things consistent and not confusing for a player. Pishifat said something similar: "A well-structured map constantly repeats concepts with its rhythm, spacing, flow, and visual choices in a way that reflects changes in the song." I don't want to make this wall of text bigger (sorry), so I'm going to stop right there.

01:53:567 (2,3) - This spacing is hard to read because of the actual timing. I suggest putting a circle in between 2 and 3 to make it more readable.

01:56:600 (3,4,5) - Another example of bad developing. 3 and 4 is a 1/2 beat, 4 and 5 is a 1/1, but the spacing between these 3 objects are similar, implying that the pattern is all going to be a 1/2 beat.

02:02:836 (1,2,3,4) - You can make this pattern a lot more "fun looking." How about something like this?

02:35:196 (1,2,3) - You changed it to 3 circles instead of 5. What are you going for here? Either put 5 circles here or make every other triangle pattern with 3 circles.

02:39:746 (2,3) - Hard to read because of the spacing. The spacing from 02:35:196 (1,2,3) look similar to these circle, but aren't a 1/2 beat. I saw a little difference in spacing, but a little in this case doesn't make the reading easier. Players won't be able to differentiate between spacing that fast when the spacing difference is very subtle. Either space 2 and 3 farther away or make both of them 1/2 beat sliders for easier readability.

I'm very sorry if these mods sounded harsh...that was not the intent.
Anyways, that's my mod. Thank you and your welcome.
Topic Starter
Hari

CPUnit wrote:

00:03:847 (1) - It's fine how it is, but I think that it's better to do 2 circles.

Added the two circles.

00:10:926 (1,2,3) - The spacing between 2 and 3 imply that the timing is going to be 1/2, but it's not. The fact that the timing between 1 and 2 is a 1/2 beat makes it more confusing. Make 3 farther away from 2 to make it more readable.

Fixed.

00:19:859 (2,1) - The spacing between 2 and 1 imply that the timing is going to be a 1/1 beat, but it's not. You should stack the slider head where 2 is to make it more readable.
Tip: Spacing is usually used to tell the player the timing of the next object(s). If it's big spacing, it's usually a 1/1 beat. If it's moderate spacing, it's a 1/2 beat. A few parts of your map don't follow this rule, so try finding those parts in your map. (Don't worry, I'll show other examples.)

Replaced, and I'll keep the tip in mind.

00:44:634 (1) - The slider shape is okay, but I highly suggest that you don't do this. There are a few individual sounds during the slider that you could map to. It's good that you're trying to emphasize her voice, but there is a lot more you can map here. You should delete the slider and map that part.
Tip: You should always map the main instrument in the song, but once the main instrument goes away or loses its power, you should map the 2nd most powerful instrument (usually drums and/or guitar).

I'll fix.

00:56:600 (4,1) - This is uncomfortable movement. The player snaps to 4, then snaps to 1, but because the slider is going one way, they have to immediately accelerate in the complete opposite direction, and then move back. You should ctrl+g 1 and space it away from 4.

Fixed.

00:58:791 (5,6) - The spacing of the last few jumps looks similar to 5 and 6's spacing so a player would expect to do a 1/2 beat jump. I suggest that you put a new combo on 6 to imply that something is new, or put 6 farther away from 5.

NC on 6, and spaced it a bit further.

01:22:555 (1,2,3,4,5) - This pattern is an example of something that isn't developed well or not used right. 1, 2, and 3 are fine, but when you get to 4 and 5 it makes the whole thing fall down. Earlier in the song, the distance between 1 and 2 usually means a 1/2 beat. The distance between 3, 4, and 5 usually means a 1/1 beat. But because of the chorus made the distance between 3, 4, and 5 also a 1/2 beat, the players will think the whole pattern is a 1/2 beat. Which distance is telling the player that this is a 1/2 beat? The shorter one? The longer one? You should make 3 stand out from the group since it takes a 1/1 beat from 2 and 4, and bring 4 and 5 a bit closer together to indicate that it's a 1/2 like 1 and 2.
Tip: You need to develop your maps patterns in order to tell the player what's happening next. If big spacing is used in one section and small spacing is used in the other section, it is best to not merge those spacings into one section, as it can get confusing for the player. Patterns should be assigned to certain sections and intensities to keep things consistent and not confusing for a player. Pishifat said something similar: "A well-structured map constantly repeats concepts with its rhythm, spacing, flow, and visual choices in a way that reflects changes in the song." I don't want to make this wall of text bigger (sorry), so I'm going to stop right there.

I spaced 3 further & I will definitely keep the tip in mind.

01:53:567 (2,3) - This spacing is hard to read because of the actual timing. I suggest putting a circle in between 2 and 3 to make it more readable.

Added circle.

01:56:600 (3,4,5) - Another example of bad developing. 3 and 4 is a 1/2 beat, 4 and 5 is a 1/1, but the spacing between these 3 objects are similar, implying that the pattern is all going to be a 1/2 beat.

Fixed spacing.

02:02:836 (1,2,3,4) - You can make this pattern a lot more "fun looking." How about something like this?

Rearranged.

02:35:196 (1,2,3) - You changed it to 3 circles instead of 5. What are you going for here? Either put 5 circles here or make every other triangle pattern with 3 circles.

I forgot to put a circle there for some unknown reason...

02:39:746 (2,3) - Hard to read because of the spacing. The spacing from 02:35:196 (1,2,3) look similar to these circle, but aren't a 1/2 beat. I saw a little difference in spacing, but a little in this case doesn't make the reading easier. Players won't be able to differentiate between spacing that fast when the spacing difference is very subtle. Either space 2 and 3 farther away or make both of them 1/2 beat sliders for easier readability.

Made them into 1/2 beat sliders

I'm very sorry if these mods sounded harsh...that was not the intent.
Anyways, that's my mod. Thank you and your welcome.

Didn't even seem harsh, and I liked the lengthy mod. I'll definitely keep the spacing tips in mind too, thank you. :lol:
Topic Starter
Hari
Remapping. ~
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.