forum

Mod Queue (Old)

posted
Total Posts
show more
pieguyn
Wait what, am I going to be hosting it with Lilac again, or will Lilac be hosting the whole thing this time?

because I really want to play :cry:
Two_old
lilac can bounce roles off of me and I will help balance it if you want

I have no interest in playing another mafia game for a while
Lilac
Sure, I can do that if you want me to.

Having Two will be cool as well.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Same here, to be honest. Playing a number of games in a row can be breathtaking. :x
Jinxy
Can I reserve a slot? I'm thinking of a mini experimental mafia that is largely based on a certain mechanic I've seen in a game here.

Just put me all the way back, I'm trying to see if it even works right now/is not horrifically unbalanced
0_o
foul, you good to go yet?
Lilac
People are ripping me apart to host either Lovers or PYP Touhou..

I personally want to host Lovers first but if Touhou is bigger, then I have no choice.
0_o
Better off as lovers

but not the other way around.
LadySuburu
I will be hosting what may be my final hosted game for a while, once I have a slightly more reliable computer situation.

For a small preview, I will say that each player's role will be tailored to how I see them in relation to all the mafia games I have seen them in. ( With a little personality thrown in.)

Also, unlike Host's poison, this one is not only less chaotic and role drenched, but I've actually spent time planning this one as opposed to Host's. (Or any of my other games.)

I'd wait until other games were done, but I am on a constrained time limit. ETA 4-6 days or so before I make the thread, if not sooner.

Final note: Don't join if you're worried about being offended. It will not be my intent, but I figure I shall give fair warning just in case.

Any errors in this post are likely the fault of my ITouch.
NoHitter
I'm planning to host a Umineko themed Smalltown game
18 people.
Jinxy
Well, my mini-game looks rather balanced imo, but I may have added too many frills to it.

It's called Charger Mafia(tentative name) and it's a modified 2of4 setup, loosely based around the PP function NoHItter used for foulcoon's role in VGM. Basically, everyone has a PP bar, Town has a guy who can generate 2 PP and give to someone each night, Mafia has a guy to sap away PP for their own use. Most actions will require 1-2 PP to use. As for vanilla townies, they can do something with their PP too... which I have yet to finalize.
It should be an open setup, 9-10 people or whatever the max is for minigames. (EDIT: ok, 9.)

Not sure if you guys would be interested in such a mafia game. I also need an experienced mod for help and balancing checks, because I have way too many ideas that I'm not sure if I should add.
Lilac
Well...it seems like I've helped for 2 Mafias so far...

...I wouldn't mind helping.

Also, I can post my game now, right?
Jinxy
I guess I'll send you what I've written so far after your lovers mafia ends. Wouldn't want you to juggle too many things.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Lovers shouldn't take more than a couple weeks, if that, to be honest, so you'd have plenty of time to write.
Lilac
And considering I have holidays now, it really is no big of a deal.

The more stuff I have to work on, the better variety I have to choose from.
Wojjan

JInxyjem wrote:

Well, my mini-game looks rather balanced imo, but I may have added too many frills to it.

It's called Charger Mafia(tentative name) and it's a modified 2of4 setup, loosely based around the PP function NoHItter used for foulcoon's role in VGM. Basically, everyone has a PP bar, Town has a guy who can generate 2 PP and give to someone each night, Mafia has a guy to sap away PP for their own use. Most actions will require 1-2 PP to use. As for vanilla townies, they can do something with their PP too... which I have yet to finalize.
It should be an open setup, 9-10 people or whatever the max is for minigames. (EDIT: ok, 9.)

Not sure if you guys would be interested in such a mafia game. I also need an experienced mod for help and balancing checks, because I have way too many ideas that I'm not sure if I should add.
what if pp guy dies N1?
0_o

Wojjan wrote:

JInxyjem wrote:

what if pp guy dies N1?
I think everyone starts out with a certain amount of PP.
Wojjan
I hope so but regardless town is majorly bones because I doubt mafia kill works on PP.
...Actually that wouldn't be such a bad idea.
Two_old
it would make it so whoever you stole pp from would have to be the night kill, taking away from what I imagine the point of stealing it would be
Wojjan
Not if each player starts out with some. If you have two/three mafs each with two PP and a kill takes up one, say, slam a tracker in there and oh my what an interesting setup you got there
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Actually, JInxy mentioned that it was gonna be similar to the 2of4 setup, so I don't think there will be a tracker in it.
Jinxy
POST REWRITE:

All players start with 2 PP, except Mafia, who share a PP bar. They get 3 altogether because I think that's more balanced?
Charger is 1-shot Bulletproof and gives 3 PP a night.
Sapper takes 3 PP a night max, and can not target the same person consecutively because I see a particularly gamebreaking way for it to be abused.
Both sides will have a luxury-ish role that costs a larger sum of PP to use. Mafia's side has been decided, still deciding town's side.
Everyone except the Recharger can donate 1 PP to someone else each night. This was townie-only, but then I spotted a slight flaw in that.
Kills cost 1 PP. God help Mafia if they fuck up and overuse PP.
Mashley

NoHItter wrote:

I'm planning to host a Umineko themed Smalltown game
18 people.
Yes to the game no to the theme
NoHitter
It's just regular Smalltown except the roles are based on the Theme.
UnderminE
Umineko~
Rantai

LadySuburu wrote:

I will be hosting what may be my final hosted game for a while, once I have a slightly more reliable computer situation.

For a small preview, I will say that each player's role will be tailored to how I see them in relation to all the mafia games I have seen them in. ( With a little personality thrown in.)

Also, unlike Host's poison, this one is not only less chaotic and role drenched, but I've actually spent time planning this one as opposed to Host's. (Or any of my other games.)

I'd wait until other games were done, but I am on a constrained time limit. ETA 4-6 days or so before I make the thread, if not sooner.

Final note: Don't join if you're worried about being offended. It will not be my intent, but I figure I shall give fair warning just in case.

I eagerly await my self esteem bashing.
0_o

LadySuburu wrote:

I think we can all be in agreement that Two has to join this one.
NoHitter
QFT
Also Chris.
Salvage
Yesssss .. make that one soon LS, best game ever lol.
0_o

Salvage wrote:

Yesssss .. make that one soon LS, best game ever lol.
Oh yeah, and we'll definitely be lynching Salvage D1.
Wojjan
Salvage: death miller
CALLED NOW
Salvage
haha i don't want to spoil what i think i'll get :3.

pd: not mafia cause ive been mafia 3 times and town 3 times, ivalset it's the one with the crap about me being allways mafia cause he's mad.
Two_old
3/6 is still unusually high

I've been mafia once in mafia under the sea and that's it I think
0_o

Two wrote:

3/6 is still unusually high

I've been mafia once in mafia under the sea and that's it I think
And this.
Salvage
well lucky you, not my fault .. i guess ls meant to make the roles about the way we played and everything, if not then i'll spec after d1 rofl.
Two_old

0_o wrote:

And this.
no I don't count that bad role
Salvage
you'll get mafia lover u'll see.
0_o

Two wrote:

0_o wrote:

And this.
no I don't count that bad role
Oh right, I forgot you and him had to be the last ones standing. Yeahhh that was pretty brutal.
Chris_old
another slot is open I guess
pieguyn
is it my turn? o.o

Or is foulcoon going to go next?
show more