forum

Mod Queue (Old)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mara
Skyrim mafia?
Lilac
Okay, I'm thinking of hosting a 12 player Lover Mafia game by myself.
pieguyn
After Touhou mafia ends, I might host another game.

It will either be traditional or a Touhou theme with a gimmick that I can't reveal for now :?

Also rofl, is that the one with the 50% win chance? That should be interesting
Topic Starter
Lybydose
oh for my game I can't decide on a theme

either:

Starcraft
Warcraft
Anonymous Mafia (Everyone plays using a dummy account so you don't know who anyone is. Also allows for extra creative roles that would otherwise be impossible. I'm not sure if I can pull this off)
pieguyn

Lybydose wrote:

Anonymous Mafia (Everyone plays using a dummy account so you don't know who anyone is. Also allows for extra creative roles that would otherwise be impossible. I'm not sure if I can pull this off)
Oh my god lmao

do this~ >w<
bmin11

Lybydose wrote:

This sounds awsome. I would probably get discovered on D1 because of my ESLness I bet lol

I'm also interested in SC1 & SC2 theme (typical Korean)
KRZY

bmin11 wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

This sounds awsome. I would probably get discovered on D1 because of my ESLness I bet lol

maybe I pretend I am bad English so no one find out :)
Salvage

Lybydose wrote:

I really liked this idea, also DotA Mafia would be cool too lol.
Rantai

Lybydose wrote:

This would be the best thing ever.

Though can I get some more information about these dummy accounts.
Wojjan
I think dummy account works better on a different forum. 1) We're not allowed to multiaccount on osu! 2) Your IP gets scanned to find out what country you're from, and working around all these registering red tape makes life a dumb thing.
LadySuburu
With a really dedicated host, you could PM your posts to that host and they then post those posts in the thread.

Unfortunately, I doubt any of the people hosting are THAT dedicated. (Since you'd have to be able to check the forums often, keep track of the aliases, and recieve many PMs.
Topic Starter
Lybydose
The way it would work is, I would create all the accounts myself and give each player temporary access. It would allow for "controlled" multi-accounts since I would know exactly who has access to each one and know who's to blame if an account does anything other than post in the mafia game. Normal users can't find posters' IP addresses, but Rolled could (so you'd have to trust him not to cheat). Also every account should appear with a USA flag if I register them.

The issues would be:

1. Lots of additional overhead for me
2. People who forgot to log in before posting in the thread, or log out before posting in a different thread.
3. Asking peppy to see if he is ok with it

The main advantage isn't actually the anonymity, it's the fact that I can add in unusual and unique roles that would normally be impossible or impractical.

And yeah I also thought of LadySuburu's idea, but that would be a whole lot of work (and would need 1 or more co-hosts to help and cover time zones). The game would also have to be slower in general (longer days) to account for non-instant forum posts.
foulcoon
i wrote my first post and will probably write an 18 player role setup this weekend for TWEWY mafia, so yeah, you dont have to put me at the end anymore.
0_o
I'm still interested in hosting that 5p Lyncher game. I could run it now-ish alongside the three big games, given its small size, if that would be ok with everyone?
Luna
For the anonymous Mafia: Couldn't peppy just limit posting restrictions for those alts to just the Mafia subboard (or even the single thread if that's possible) and revoke all rights to chat/submit scores ingame or download maps etc so that even accidental misuse is just impossible?If posting restrictions on specific threads are possible, he could even block everyone else from posting there so nobody could accidentally post while in their actual account.
Just a thought I had, dunno how applicable it is~
foulcoon
i doubt peppy gives enough of a shit to do that.

would be a good idea otherwise though, as the accounts could be reused with new passwords and shit.
Topic Starter
Lybydose
@Luna: I wouldn't try that because the idea is to give peppy absolutely zero additional work.
foulcoon
alternatively we could make ival do it, or you can ask peppy if you can have admin, but i doubt such a reason is worthy.
Rolled

foulcoon wrote:

i wrote my first post and will probably write an 18 player role setup this weekend for TWEWY mafia, so yeah, you dont have to put me at the end anymore.
Roleplay? ^_____^
foulcoon
i dont know considering i havent played the game in forever. writing kynch scenes and shit will probably be hard enough.

then again i think i remember enough to go all out, depending on how gay you want me to make it.
Rolled
gay it upppp
Ivalset

foulcoon wrote:

alternatively we could make ival do it, or you can ask peppy if you can have admin, but i doubt such a reason is worthy.
I'm not risking my should-probably-be-defunct admin powers on some gay ass theme game.
0_o
sooo can I start my minigame tonight
LadySuburu

0_o wrote:

sooo can I start my minigame tonight
If it's 5 players and nightless you can start it anytime. It'd be over in a snap. (Imo anyway.)
0_o
Not nightless, but ok. Writing up now.
NoHitter
Re: Dummy Accounts
That would be a nice attempt though.
Roles like Disguiser and Ventriloquist would have been awesome.
Topic Starter
Lybydose
after 5 player lyncher I'm going to host a 5 player dethy
NoHitter
After 5-player dethy, I'm going to host a 5-player game too.

Setup: Open
Size: 5 players
Deadline: 3 RL days per Day. 1 RL Day per Night.
Start Date: Will start after 5-P Dethy.

Setup:
Night Start
2 - One-Shot Bulletproof Townies (Notified if they are hit.)
1 - Doctor (Protects people except themselves.)
1 - Mafia Goon (Can only NK)
1 - Serial Killer (Can only NK)
Two_old
5 player games are terrible
Lilac
I already said I wanted to host a 12 Player Lover. D:

Setup: 4 Mafia Lovers and 4 x 2 Town Lovers
Size: 12
Start Date: Whenever Doc puts it up.
Information: It has been shown to have a 50/50 chance of winning either side. So I don't have to worry about balance.
Mara
We (LunaticMara & FisHie) like to start up a mafia game called "Paska Mafia".

Setup: Closed
Size: 12-24
Start Date: When a slot is free
Information: A mafia game where you will rage. Badly.
Salvage
i'll probabbly get the worse role ever in that game since fishie probabbly hates me badly lmao.
Rantai
It's all business.

Well for me at least.
SPOILER
I love everyone.
Jinxy
1. For lyby's anon mafia, can't we just do it in a quicktopic with specific numbered accounts?
2. Oh wow lover's mafia actually exists? I was just thinking of it yesterday.
Mara

Salvage wrote:

i'll probabbly get the worse role ever in that game since fishie probabbly hates me badly lmao.
We'll randomize everything, of course.
0_o
oh man

somebody should totally host a pokemon PyP game
Ivalset
That's a fucking awful idea.
0_o

Ivalset wrote:

That's a fucking awful idea.
I respectfully disagree.
NoHitter
I was thinking that my 5-p game could be expanded into a 7-p game for more balance.
Two_old

NoHItter wrote:

I was thinking that my 5-p game could be expanded into a 7-p game for more interest.
show more