forum

Mod Queue (Old)

posted
Total Posts
show more
GuyInFreezer
actually nvm about the autowin part. But scum is still majorly screwed if that happens.
Sephibro
with 3 wolves and no mythomaniac, the setup would favor scum due to the night start and the no-reveal thing
also the Mythomaniac is IMO the funniest role ever to play

maybe the only thing i should correct is to make wolves aware of who the Mythomaniac is at the beginning of the game
Sephibro
or i could just make it 13~15p with 3 Wolves, no Mytho and more villagers

but Mytho is SHENANIGANS
pieguyn

GuyInFreezer wrote:

FTC FTC
night start (essentially being 3-8 setup) + no reveal + godfather? hell no

I probably cna't join though bc I'm too busy to join moar games and I'll also pass for now for that reason
Sephibro
he's not godfather, he doesn't know who the wolves are and wolves don't know who he is
Amianki
I have a gimmicky idea for a minigame next time we decide to start one.

3 Goons (daytalk)
4 Townies
1 Town Vig Switch
1 Town 1-Shot Vig

The goons know who the two non-townies are, but not who is which. Neither the Vig Switch nor the 1-Shot Vig know they are those roles, and the Vig only gains the shot when the Vig Switch dies. The mafia get a one-shot kill that can be used anytime after D2, but not in LyLo.
GuyInFreezer

pieguy1372 wrote:

GuyInFreezer wrote:

FTC FTC
night start (essentially being 3-8 setup) + no reveal + godfather? hell no

I probably cna't join though bc I'm too busy to join moar games and I'll also pass for now for that reason
That "GF" can't kill. And you should know how non-nk scum is horrible to play with.
pieguyn

GuyInFreezer wrote:

That "GF" can't kill. And you should know how non-nk scum is horrible to play with.
oh god rofl
GuyInFreezer

Sephibro wrote:

with 3 wolves and no mythomaniac, the setup would favor scum due to the night start and the no-reveal thing
also the Mythomaniac is IMO the funniest role ever to play

maybe the only thing i should correct is to make wolves aware of who the Mythomaniac is at the beginning of the game
Cant you just make a mythos a traitor?
It still achieves the gf status before being recruited.
Sephibro
mythomaniac is already a traitor
Tsukasa
/out

Way too busy to do shit

Plus this way I won't bother people who can mod
Sakura
I'll fix that when i'm home then.

I wonder tho, are there people here who would in for a sequel to High School Mafia as a minigame?

Edit: That also means that Nyquill's game is up next.
Nyquill
Well I can't say i'm prepared for what I had in mind at the time of entering the queue. I can host an alternative though.

edit: actually if someone has a setup ready to go just let them go first then
Sakura
last time i checked we still wanted to tune some things up on death note mafia, but i'll check with farto since i've been busy. Also will need to contact Lilac and see if he still wants to go.
Lilac
I said that I would change my game and co-mod with LS about a different game that we're going to change at least twice before.
Sakura
So I suppose it isn't ready yet?
Sephibro
ok I made a couple adjustments to make the setup balanced
also everybody should be fine with me hosting it now, except for Blue Yoshi who's been inactive in the last 3 months

do i only have to create the topic by myself?
NoHitter
LS still hasn't given the go signal for you to skip over the queue.
Sephibro
Sakura
I don't mind you skipping over us since i haven't heard from fartownik regarding the setup for a while.

So as soon as pieguy gives the ok you can skip over every1 in the queue.

Edit: This also implies that if pieguy doesnt give the ok he's next.
Amianki
By this point, the queue should be remade.

I suggest making the queue relative instead of absolute. While the ordering wouldn't change at all, we should have people post in here that they're ready for their game to go forward before one of the games ends. These people are added to a second, absolute, queue that is based on how far up in the other queue they are. Then when one of the games are over, the first person in that queue immediately has the opportunity to start their game regardless of where they are in the relative queue.

This would also solve the issue of signing up to mod a game and expecting to have it go through half a year from then.
Sakura
I was thinking that we should actually unannounce this one and one of the more active guys makes another one, so it doesnt have to be a BAT/GM who keeps up with it, since that hasn't proven very effective :P
Amianki
If only this forum had the ability to have the thread creator changed to someone else...

Either way, that's not a bad idea either. Having a regular member as the thread creator extends the amount of people that CAN update it, at least.
Tanzklaue

CalignoBot wrote:

If only this forum had the ability to have the thread creator changed to someone else...

Either way, that's not a bad idea either. Having a regular member as the thread creator extends the amount of people that CAN update it, at least.
so that he can go inactive at some point and we have the same problem?

i know peppy won't allow it, but having one account created only for this purpose of making a thread for mod queue and keeping it up to date, and share the account informations with all of the regulars (or some, depends) so we always can keep the thread up to date might be smarter.
Amianki
No matter who is the thread creator, that is always going to be a possibility. Nothing will change that. Having a regular member be the thread creator merely increases the amount of people that have the ability to update it at all, which will make the possibility less likely.

Yeah, I strongly doubt that's ever going to happen.
Sephibro
how about create a document on something like google docs, and give permissions to who needs them?
Amianki
That causes even more trouble if the person who creates the document disappears, plus it's more cumbersome than having it on the forum itself.
Sakura
Yeah but Lybydose's not around and doesnt look like he'll be back anytime soon, i'd rather have someone like Caligno or NH be the creator of the Mod Queue.
Amianki
Whichever works in the end.

What's your opinion on making the queue more relative than absolute?
Sakura
It works, that way we dont have mods passing every single time their turn is up.
Amianki
Should I go ahead and make it then? No one else seems to be jumping at it and we're at a standstill right now either way.
Sakura

CalignoBot wrote:

Should I go ahead and make it then? No one else seems to be jumping at it and we're at a standstill right now either way.
Go ahead