forum

Emerson Radio Corp - Unknown Title

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hpocks
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
-[ Prxzm ]-
I can't believe I'm doing this.

Mod
R A D I O A C T I V E

Comments:
This map is truly a masterpiece. It's pretty much ready for ranking; it flows well and is comfortable to play, it keeps consistent and has an obvious structure, and the choices/placement of sliders, circles, and spinners as a whole makes for a great map! Just a few suggestions.

Mod:
• Considering this is the top difficulty and it has a name that fits the song choice rather than the difficulty, as well as it being the top difficulty, it would be more fitting to use a more challenging approach rate, hp drain, and overall difficulty. Having the same difficulty settings as the Easy and Beginner difficulty makes for a boring spread, as there is no inherent increase in difficulty. It is merely the patterns that become more difficult. I recommend using an OD of 8, an AR of 9, and an HP Drain of 7.
• 00:30:060 (2) - The sliderend is not hitsounded.
• 00:30:060 (2,2) - Overlap these sliderends better. It looks tacky and ugly from a mapper's perspective.
• 00:14:185 (1) - I love that you start a second spinner here to match the increased intensity of the song. Great artistic choice!

E A S Y

Comments:
This difficulty wasn't as great as Radioactive, mainly due to its lack of an obvious structure. The sliders in the slider section seem randomly placed. I'd recommend remapping it entirely, though if not I have made a few changes below that would help the map's rankability.

Mod:
• 00:30:060 (2,1) - Since you made a blanket here, it would be better to have a blanket on 00:32:060 (2,1) - as well to remain consistent.
• 00:35:060 (1) - The end of this map is the same as the previous difficulty. Try changing this in order to provide an obvious spike in difficulty.

B E G I N N E R

Comments:
Ready for ranking! Great map! Perfect for new players with a consistent style and patterns that are easy, fun, and enticing to play and read.

Mod:
• Nothing needs changing.
Hectic
can i gd please. this track is just too good
Topic Starter
Hpocks

-[ Prxzm ]- wrote:

I can't believe I'm doing this.

Mod
R A D I O A C T I V E

Comments:
This map is truly a masterpiece. It's pretty much ready for ranking; it flows well and is comfortable to play, it keeps consistent and has an obvious structure, and the choices/placement of sliders, circles, and spinners as a whole makes for a great map! Just a few suggestions.

Mod:
• Considering this is the top difficulty and it has a name that fits the song choice rather than the difficulty, as well as it being the top difficulty, it would be more fitting to use a more challenging approach rate, hp drain, and overall difficulty. Having the same difficulty settings as the Easy and Beginner difficulty makes for a boring spread, as there is no inherent increase in difficulty. It is merely the patterns that become more difficult. I recommend using an OD of 8, an AR of 9, and an HP Drain of 7. While I will change the hp drain, I want to keep the OD and the AR, consideringthe star rating. I might buff the difficulty of Radioactive with some jumps or deathstreams later on
• 00:30:060 (2) - The sliderend is not hitsounded. Good point
• 00:30:060 (2,2) - Overlap these sliderends better. It looks tacky and ugly from a mapper's perspective. Good point
• 00:14:185 (1) - I love that you start a second spinner here to match the increased intensity of the song. Great artistic choice! Thanks :D

E A S Y

Comments:
This difficulty wasn't as great as Radioactive, mainly due to its lack of an obvious structure. The sliders in the slider section seem randomly placed. I'd recommend remapping it entirely, though if not I have made a few changes below that would help the map's rankability.

Mod:
• 00:30:060 (2,1) - Since you made a blanket here, it would be better to have a blanket on 00:32:060 (2,1) - as well to remain consistent. I think I am going to have to disagree here. The theme of this section of this diff was supposed to be all circular flow, which obviously I flubbed with 00:31:060 (1,2) - . However, I fixed that, making the style I used more obvious and consistant
• 00:35:060 (1) - The end of this map is the same as the previous difficulty. Try changing this in order to provide an obvious spike in difficulty.While I would love to do that, I don't think I can find a happy medium between the end section of Radioactive and Beginner. Radioactive's ending is edgy enough with it's huge jump in difficulty (the doubles), and I don't want to have to apply something so harsh onto an easy diff (made for newer players)

B E G I N N E R

Comments:
Ready for ranking! Great map! Perfect for new players with a consistent style and patterns that are easy, fun, and enticing to play and read.Thanks!

Mod:
• Nothing needs changing.
Thanks for the mod!

h4d0uk3n1 wrote:

can i gd please. this track is just too good
No, sorry. I want to keep this strictly my mapping. I dont want this map to have so many difficulties that it is seen as a joke shitmap by the community like that piece of trash The General
Hectic
Yeah, I understand that.. Best wishes of luck for rank!
squirrelpascals
should have mapped a washing machine tbh

-[ Prxzm ]-
Alright Hpocks, I did some research and here are two new things for you:

1. Due to this rule, you will need to edit the easiest difficulty into not 100% spinners, and change the "Easy" difficulty name to Normal difficulty in order to fit ranking criteria. I recommend using really long, slow sliders like in Monstrata's Kimi no na wa beatmaps.

2. The metadata for the map will be difficult to get. First, you need to find the brand of microwave these sound effects came from. Then, you will have to find the name of the exact person who created the sound effects for that microwave. That will be the Artist. As for the title, the title will just be the brand of the Microwave.
(This is not the actual metadata and merely used as an example) So as an example: Steve Jobs - Kenmore Microwave

Also:
Topic Starter
Hpocks

-[ Prxzm ]- wrote:

Alright Hpocks, I did some research and here are two new things for you:

1. Due to this rule, you will need to edit the easiest difficulty into not 100% spinners, and change the "Easy" difficulty name to Normal difficulty in order to fit ranking criteria. I recommend using really long, slow sliders like in Monstrata's Kimi no na wa beatmaps.

2. The metadata for the map will be difficult to get. First, you need to find the brand of microwave these sound effects came from. Then, you will have to find the name of the exact person who created the sound effects for that microwave. That will be the Artist. As for the title, the title will just be the brand of the Microwave.
(This is not the actual metadata and merely used as an example) So as an example: Steve Jobs - Kenmore Microwave

Also:

1. But it fits the song, right? Replacing the spinners with anything else would kind of just be overmapping it. Also, with the low OD, spinning for the entire duration of the spinner is not required to pass or get a 300 on it. I think it is fine as it is, but if higher ups say that it isn't fine, then I might do some kind of slider design in place of the first spinner. Also, do not forget, this is a technical map.

2. Yes, this is what I thought I had to do. I definitely have to look into this by contacting the microwave owner or seeing if anyone on the internet can recognize the brand of microwave (by perhaps owning one themselves). It is annoyingly difficult to trace just obscure pieces of music like this for the purpose of proper metadata, but I will surely go to great ranks to guaruntee this music is shared with all by being ranked.

Given KDs for criticism / metadata help (idk if I can give 2 kds for seperate mods by the same person though. Someone should deny it if not, I guess RIP)

EDIT:
Well that was easy

Leaving artist as "Unknown Artist" for now (because we have no clue what this guy's irl name is) and leaving "source" as empty because I cant use youtube as a source and I dont know what else to put
squirrelpascals

Hpocks wrote:

Leaving artist as "Unknown Artist" for now (because we have no clue what this guy's irl name is) and leaving "source" as empty because I cant use youtube as a source and I dont know what else to put
I think you'll be okay with "Emerson Radio Corp." if you don't know who designed the actual microwave. I think it's fair because you're also mapping to the way the microwave runs itself and not just the sound effects.

http://www.emersonradio.com/product_vie ... d=2&ID=348 d
Topic Starter
Hpocks

squirrelpascals wrote:

Hpocks wrote:

I think you'll be okay with "Emerson Radio Corp." if you don't know who designed the actual microwave. I think it's fair because you're also mapping to the way the microwave runs itself and not just the sound effects.

Okay, sounds good, I'll do that.
riffy

squirrelpascals wrote:

I guess I'd second that for the artistr part.

Since the microwave itself is the 'instrument' in this case, Emerson MW8991SB 0.9Cu.Ft. 900 Watt Touch-Control Microwave Oven, Stainless Steel should be listed in the tags.

And as for the title, since there is no actual title or anything of the kind, plain "Unknown Title" would work. I also looked through the user's guide for the microwave link and ound no references to those sounds having a specific title.

God, I need to get a real job.
Topic Starter
Hpocks

Bakari wrote:

squirrelpascals wrote:

Since the microwave itself is the 'instrument' in this case, Emerson MW8991SB 0.9Cu.Ft. 900 Watt Touch-Control Microwave Oven, Stainless Steel should be listed in the tags.

And as for the title, since there is no actual title or anything of the kind, plain "Unknown Title" would work. I also looked through the user's guide for the microwave link and ound no references to those sounds having a specific title.

Thank you! I changed the title as suggested, and added the tags (I made sure to leave out the tags that were already used elsewhere in the metadata, of course)

Also, thanks for that link. It was an interesting read. I love learning about the lore and technical details behind the pretty sounds we take for granted in music.
Voli
metadata kds :angery:
squirrelpascals

Bakari wrote:

squirrelpascals wrote:

The reason why I didn't suggest anything about the specific microwave is because it's unstated what kind of microwave it is in the youtube video this was taken from (which I probably should have stated). Emerson is the one who produced it so i left it at that. So I wouldn't agree to putting anything more than 900 Watt Microwave Oven

Also, I feel like "Unknown Title" is misleading because the title isn't unknown, as in there is a title to the microwave sounds that can't be found, so I would still agree to the previous title more
riffy
There is no particular name used to address this specific set of sounds. It's not in the video and it's not mentioned anywhere in the user guide. I'd say that unknown title is the right choice.
Kroytz
General:

00:00:060 (1) - mute slider end 5% and use soft?
00:14:185 (1) - ^ the noise or whatevers doesn't encourage a normal-hitnormal

Easy:
00:00:060 (1,1,1,2,1,2,1,1) - I don't like how these objects only pertain to the left side of the editor.. probably keep it more centralized like the other diffs?
00:32:060 (2) - why is this the only overlap? keep more structure by not overlap imo

Radioactive:
00:32:060 (2) - this overlap is the only one. why? I don't believe it should be overlap, keep consistency with your structure of 6 objects please
Topic Starter
Hpocks

Kroytz wrote:

General:

00:00:060 (1) - mute slider end 5% and use soft? Imported a silent hitnormal for the spinners so they dont make a sound.
00:14:185 (1) - ^ the noise or whatevers doesn't encourage a normal-hitnormal ^

Easy:
00:00:060 (1,1,1,2,1,2,1,1) - I don't like how these objects only pertain to the left side of the editor.. probably keep it more centralized like the other diffs? fair enough
00:32:060 (2) - why is this the only overlap? keep more structure by not overlap imo fair enough

Radioactive:
00:32:060 (2) - this overlap is the only one. why? I don't believe it should be overlap, keep consistency with your structure of 6 objects please meh I actually like this one being overlapped. while the other one on easy was very bundled and close together, the open space of Radioactive allows for overlap without seeming overbearingly cluttered. Just my thoughts, though.
thanks!
Kroytz
Also, how come no Kiai during the beeps lol
you'd think that'd be the most exciting/intense part yknow
jeanbernard8865
I think kiai time should be the door opening since the sound is much harsher than the rest and thus needs emphasis
Gokateigo

Kroytz wrote:

Topic Starter
Hpocks

Kroytz wrote:

I don't think I need kiaiaiaia on this song. It is just my honest opinion, but I do not believe a song so short should recieve a kaiaiaiaiaaiaiaaiaiaia in general
Einja

Hpocks wrote:

I don't think I need kiaiaiaia on this song.
"song"
jeanbernard8865
im still waiting for this to be ranked fyi
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.