forum

can't get better...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hyped Alex
So like ive been playing osu for about 3 years now and took a 4 month break and came back and at the time i took my break i was at rank 200,000 so when i came back i was climbing super hard, got good pp scores and nice accs till i hit around rank 98,000, i was able to play 4.8 star maps at that point and fc them but like i take a 2 week break from osu and now i cant even fc a 4.3 star map its so infuriating i don't know what to do...
Celine
You're doing fine.
Chill out, people have bad days.
kai99
dud it took me around 200 hours to get to 1.5kpp
Nanachii
dud it took me around 170 hours to get to 1.7kpp
Akanagi
Keep playing the game or quit it.
N0thingSpecial
Bruh I played more in two years compare to you

So play more
ManuelOsuPlayer
Play what you like. I improve more at nomod, playing 6*-7* hd+hr than playing 3-4-5-6* no mod.
- Sayori -
About 125 hours played and you already have almost 2000 pp?,That is above average improvement rate. Everyone has bad days,you shouldnt worry about it
Atara

MrAwesomeHero wrote:

So like ive been playing osu for about 3 years now and took a 4 month break and came back and at the time i took my break i was at rank 200,000 so when i came back i was climbing super hard, got good pp scores and nice accs till i hit around rank 98,000, i was able to play 4.8 star maps at that point and fc them but like i take a 2 week break from osu and now i cant even fc a 4.3 star map its so infuriating i don't know what to do...
Don't worry, I had the same problem when I was unable to play for a month. I was able to do 5* maps before the break but after the break for the first week i could not even do 4. Here is what you gotta do.

Getting The Right Mentality
you said you came back and you were climbing ranks and such, this was a mistake. when you come back from a long break the last thing you should be worrying about is trying to get your rank back. you should be playing maps that challenge you in order to regain your skill. this will not take a long time, maybe after a few hours of playing challenging maps you should feel much more confident about your aim. ALSO KEEP IN MIND challenging does not mean push yourself to the limit trying to pass the big black or freedom dive, play maps that will take you a few attempts to pass, something not too slow and not too fast, but something that will force you to put in some effort. I know i said this would take about a few hours it just depends on how much you want to get back into the game. a lot of your skill in osu will come from motivation and the want to actually do well and understanding things take time and you need to be patient

I've Done This, What Now?
i know you are thinking you are ready to start spitting out high pp plays left and right to get your ranks back but slow down, you need to get your consistency back. how do you do that? play levels that are just your skill level. levels you can pass in 2 or 3 attempts. this will improve your muscle memory and make your aim less sloppy. once you are confident with your consistency you may get your ranks back :)
Deva
You are doomed and will never be able to play osu again
Fxjlk
Care less about your rank, care less about your scores.

Enjoy game
Celine
Remember
Rank =/= improvement :)
spacepop
try play harder map(no need to fc) push yourself to the limit and you will get better.
also no one play a much as me and still this noob Im pretty sure . look my profile and cheer up.