forum

[Archived] Massive input lag and fps lag on fullscreen mode

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CSB
So when I run osu on my integrated gpu (i have a laptop with a 1060), it works fine, around 120fps. Using my 1060, windowed borderless is 240fps on 3ms lag, awesome. BUT, fullscreen mode, on a 1060, 60ms lag and 20fps. Why? I've messed with nvidia settings and nothing works. This doesn't make any sense! Someone please help!
Alot

CSB wrote:

So when I run osu on my integrated gpu (i have a laptop with a 1060), it works fine, around 120fps. Using my 1060, windowed borderless is 240fps on 3ms lag, awesome. BUT, fullscreen mode, on a 1060, 60ms lag and 20fps. Why? I've messed with nvidia settings and nothing works. This doesn't make any sense! Someone please help!
Try and go into your Nvidia control panel and find osu. Set it so that Osu will run on integrated graphic (not Nvidia) and see if that fix the problem. This sounds weird but I remember having a similar problem and this fixes it.

Hope this helps. Good luck! :)
fauzan1n
hello, sorry for bumping into an old question lol
I have a trick to solve this. idk if this trick works for you guys

if you have your osu is running, close it first. then go to the file and open your osu! folder (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\osu! or anywhere you put it), and find osu!.<your pc username>.cfg
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/en/Client/Program_files/User_configuration_file
right-click, open with notepad, scroll down and find Width and Height.
now here's the trick, if you have like 1920x1080 monitor, write that in the cfg or the notepad and decrease it by 1.
for example Width = 1920 Height = 1079. or if you have a 1280x720 monitor, then write Width = 1280 Height = 719. then save it if you're done. then open osu. go to options and turn on render at native resolution. it works for me

I have this old hp laptop with intel HD graphics. when windowed, it's over 120fps but when fullscreen mode is always under 50, and the screen was also teared and this work perfectly fine