Gawr Gura
will this be score v1 or score v2?
Topic Starter
TheBwoop

Wuffles wrote:

will this be score v1 or score v2?
Hi Wuffles,

Thank you for your question!

This will be a score v1 tournament, unless there is an overwhelming opinion from nearly all participants to use v2.

The possibility is next to none of becoming a v2 tournament as this would confuse players and referees after already stating that it will be a v1 tournament.

However if there is a change it will be made within the next week to give ample time for players to change their training methods :oops:

~Arth
Topic Starter
TheBwoop
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

We are already 1/5th full!

Thank you all for all your support for the tournament so far.

No brackets are full as of yet, if any brackets become full I will be sure to make another post regarding it!
arminsgaming
i have a question...what difficulty maps should be able to do to join
Topic Starter
TheBwoop

arminsgaming wrote:

i have a question...what difficulty maps should be able to do to join
Hi Arminsgaming,

Difficulty of maps will depend on the bracket you are in/rank you are. Most maps will be FC-able by the average player in the bracket. Map pools will be released on the 9th of September.

If you have any other questions, please let us know!
Mikoru
Will we receive an email if we've been admitted into the tournament? Also, I would support a discord for the tournament, make it easier to meet the competition.
Topic Starter
TheBwoop

Xioko wrote:

Will we receive an email if we've been admitted into the tournament? Also, I would support a discord for the tournament, make it easier to meet the competition.
Hi Xioko,

Thanks for your question, regarding the email for the admissions, so far any player that has put forward an entry for the tournament will have been automatically accepted, we will only start having to turn players down when brackets become full, so far we have 50/140 total places filled and no brackets are filled yet, if any brackets become full we will let the players know if they try to sign up for that bracket.

Regarding the Discord server, we have actually been looking into this as we have had much support from the community to do this, I've decided that I will start creating the server and finalising everything on it by the end of today (in 11 hours from now). I will release the server publicly as soon as it is ready and email all sign-ups already to let them know they can join.

Joining the Discord server will not be mandatory but it will help a lot, we will be announcing updates there such as map pools, match times and it will also be an easier platform to answer any questions anyone has.

Thank you again for the support from everyone so far any if you have any other questions about the tournament please feel free to ask away!
Topic Starter
TheBwoop
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Discord server is now open for public use: https://discord.gg/PM2YnB7
0x84f
Excited to ref for this! <3
arth
hi I see you go by arth but the problem there is that im arth. I will allow you to take my nickname under the condition that i take ownership of the tournament. thank you.
Topic Starter
TheBwoop

arth wrote:

hi I see you go by arth but the problem there is that im arth. I will allow you to take my nickname under the condition that i take ownership of the tournament. thank you.
:thinking:

Sure, not like I am profiting from it anyways. You gotta pay for the prize pools at the end though. :^)
FlarpeN
What happenes if i were to rank out of my ''seed'' before the tourney starts?
Topic Starter
TheBwoop

FlarpeN wrote:

What happenes if i were to rank out of my ''seed'' before the tourney starts?
Hi there, the seed your rank changed to would be your seed you enter the tournament with, if the seed you are moving to is full then you will stay in your current seed.
Hideyoshi
Is there a mappool or will there be one?
Topic Starter
TheBwoop

Pyre47 wrote:

Is there a mappool or will there be one?
Released September 9th
SharCookie
I really want to join, but there's a huge problem in my way so far... Internet. It's so slooow.. Which means I might not be able to download beatmaps, if not take a very, very long time. Not to mention I keep disconnecting from the servers.

I'll join, but no guarantees of it actually working! I hope you understand. Because I don't. :^)

Edit: I usually say this because I don't want people to be mad at me ;n;
Topic Starter
TheBwoop

ForsakenShadows wrote:

I really want to join, but there's a huge problem in my way so far... Internet. It's so slooow.. Which means I might not be able to download beatmaps, if not take a very, very long time. Not to mention I keep disconnecting from the servers.

I'll join, but no guarantees of it actually working! I hope you understand. Because I don't. :^)

Edit: I usually say this because I don't want people to be mad at me ;n;
Hey that's all okay! We actually will be giving the beatmaps to players a week in advance to be able to practice, so if you think you might need to set aside a few hours on a day to download them be all means go ahead!

As for not showing up, that is fine too, if your internet has problems and for whatever reason you are unable to participate, we will provide the seed with a backup player from that seed, so no need to worry, you wouldn't be taking a spot up if you weren't able to play!
Duogie
Are the signups still available? I'd really like to participate considering it'd be my first tourney.
Luma

Duck Fougie wrote:

Are the signups still available? I'd really like to participate considering it'd be my first tourney.
Your seed is already full. However, you can apply as a backup player and hope you get in.
Topic Starter
TheBwoop
Hi all,

Just letting you know we only have a few spaces left for signups for seeds 1, 8 and 10!

After we fill those we will still be taking backup signups in case we have no shows until the 1st of September.

If you have any questions about the event, the best way to contact me is via my discord server mentioned in the original post!
0x84f
SharCookie
Aw, I missed it.

Oh well. Gotta cheer on darkman96 now. O3o

Edit: I also grew out of my seed a week ago, so.. yeah.