forum

osu! event, Eindhoven, Netherlands

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cavoeboy
New event happening 20-29 July 2018 (1000 estimated visitors)! Join the discord for more information!
This is NOT the new forumpost, this forumpost was for the OLD event. Here's the new forumpost.

Hi. I'm cavoeboy. I've been playing osu! for about 2 years now, and I’ve began thinking about organizing some kind of osu! meetup/event.
This is exactly what I'm doing.

This event will take place on October 20th through the 22nd at "De Hangar" at Meerbos 4 in Eindhoven. That is a Friday, Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Attendees can take a direct bus connection between both the airport and train station. I will be posting directions on a later date if traveling by car.

The location will consist of 3 rooms/areas. The ‘’Play Area’’ will feature all the tables, and the ‘’Stage Area’’ is where several osu! Tournaments will be ran. Both of those are ours only throughout the three days, meaning they will only be accessible only by people who have purchased a ticket.
The final area is a bar, which will stay open to the general public during our event. However, this does not stop those who have purchased a ticket from entering! Everyone can have a drink or snack there and relax a little on some comfy couches.
The bar has a full-sized menu, mainly consisting of dutch snacks, but also spareribs.
The "Play Area" and "Stage Area" will be open from 12:00-24:00. The bar is open from 10:00.

There will be three types of tickets for this event, which can be bought at https://cavoeboy.com/. Tickets will be sent to attendees by e-mail 4 weeks before the event.
Event will definitely happen even if I don't sell enough tickets!

Playing Tickets
These tickets are sold per day. €15 for 1 day, €25 for 2 days and €35 for 3 days. You can choose which days you’d like to attend.
This type of ticket also come with your own desk/table, a power connection, and an internet connection. At the current moment, we do not know how fast it will be. We will only have approximately 50-60 desks/tables, so some days might be sold out earlier than others.
You'll need to bring at least this:
- your PC/setup/laptop
- a LAN cable
- (recommended) some locks for on your PC case so nobody messes with it when you're not at your PC.

Spectator Tickets
These tickets will give you access to all areas during all 3 days. These are €10. You can also buy these 'at the door' but we strongly encourage people to buy them through our website so that we have a grasp of how many people are coming.

Sleeping Tickets
I've noticed there's a lot of people left in the dark when it comes to finding/being able to afford a place to sleep. So I want to provide a place to sleep for all of you.
There's two options, "3 day play + sleep" for €85 and "3 day spectate + sleep" for €60. This is a 2 night stay for €50, and breakfast is included. We will provide a shuttle service to the osu!hotel. (If we sell less than 6 of these the osu!hotel will be my own house, which is probably nicer than a regular hotel.)
Things you need to bring:
- pillowcase
- sleeping bag/duvet + duvet cover

Which wristbands should I get?
I'm letting you guys decide what kind of wristbands we're buying for the event! Make your choice here: http://www.strawpoll.me/13981629

Who is coming?
A lot of people don't know who's coming and who isn't so I made a google spreadsheet showing you exactly who's coming and who's not (and some other info).
To put yourself on the list just PM me on discord (cavoeboy#4559) or contact me in any other way

I also recommend joining the discord if you want the most recent updates: https://discord.gg/K5Gednh

I think I've addressed almost everything, but if you don't understand something or you want more info or have any questions, PLEASE respond to this thread, or send me a message here:

Discord: @cavoeboy#4559
Email: cavoeboy@hotmail.com
osu!: cavoeboy
Kondou-Shinichi
Are you making a netherlands meetup?
or a world-wide meetup?
Topic Starter
cavoeboy
This is definitely not restricted to dutch people only, hence the english post.
Everyone is welcome :)
n0ah
Will be trying to attend, cool idea
Asaiga
pinkpop for circle clicking people c:
TensaiRhythm
Let's make this happen ^_^
Topic Starter
cavoeboy
Updated post. Added "Sleeping Tickets" and added some packlists for "Playing Tickets" and "Sleeping Tickets"

Also someone might interview me for a local newspaper :D
I'm also visiting event location next week to test the internet connection, take some pictures for on the website and taste the spareribs owo
marshallracer
well, this is going in quite an interesting direction but I love how so far it seems to work out pretty well
Lyawi
Something to think about!
Topic Starter
cavoeboy
Updated! Added some pictures. Still working on getting the website to have a picture page as well, stay tuned for that :3
(also ticket counter)

By the way, the spareribs are amazing.
Topic Starter
cavoeboy
Alright people, a lot of people don't know who's coming and who isn't so I made a google spreadsheet showing you exactly who's coming and who's not (and some other info).
To put yourself on the list just PM me on discord (cavoeboy#4559) or contact me in any other way.

Also I want to ask everyone to share this with your friends and consider buying tickets a little early, because I need to pay the location and some other stuff :)
marshallracer
Where are the Single-day spectator tickets? (^:
Topic Starter
cavoeboy

marshallracer wrote:

Where are the Single-day spectator tickets? (^:
Totally forgot! ;-;
Will try to get them on the website as soon as possible!
Spork Lover
sadly can't participate, but sounds super interesting :) Have a good time ^^
Topic Starter
cavoeboy

Spork Lover wrote:

sadly can't participate, but sounds super interesting :) Have a good time ^^
Maybe you can make it next year :D
Topic Starter
cavoeboy
SAAAAAAAALE!!!!!!!!!
To celebrate 1 month until the event, here's a little sale. All playing tickets are cheaper for around 24 hours or so. (until 23 september)
Single day playing ticket goes from 15 to 10, Double day playing ticket goes from 25 to 20 and All days playing ticket goes from 35 to 25. The 3 day play&sleep goes from 85 to 75.

To everyone who already bought a ticket, don't worry! I'm working on some stuff that you will get for free at the event :)
Hope you're all looking forward to the event, I'm certainly looking forward to it!
Topic Starter
cavoeboy
Ok, so something rather interesting happened this week.
I contacted people at a newspaper to ask if they wanted to interview me about the osu!event, and they said yes. So they came over last monday and we had a little talk about the game, who I was and why I'm doing this event. They told me it was going to be published this wednesday (today), I just had no idea that it was going to be this BIG

Almost a whole page! I thought it would be a small text to the side somewhere, but it ended up being huge! This is so cool I have no words for it...
Link to digital version is here.

That's it for now, will keep you all updated!
-cavoeboy

Some other updates and fixes:
- We now moved the "Who is coming" spreadsheet over to a different spreadsheet, everything osu!event related will be here.
- Improved ticket QR code generation and design speed (you will get your tickets a few days earlier!)
- We have over 30 confirmed attendees!

Plans:
- Put this forumpost text and info onto website.