forum

bradbreeck - Star vs The Forces of Evil Theme [CatchTheBeat]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Deleck-
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on miércoles, 20 de diciembre de 2017 at 12:02:43 p. m.

Artist: bradbreeck
Title: Star vs The Forces of Evil Theme
Source: Star vs The Forces of Evil
Tags: DisneyXD cartoon
BPM: 144.43
Filesize: 2135kb
Play Time: 00:39
Difficulties Available:
  1. Platter (2.29 stars, 135 notes)
  2. Rain (3.53 stars, 140 notes)
  3. Rainbow Multidimensional (4.03 stars, 165 notes)
  4. Salad (1.79 stars, 113 notes)
Download: bradbreeck - Star vs The Forces of Evil Theme
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I ain't from round here, I'm from another dimension!

Salad by me - 100.00%
Platter by me - 100.00%
Rain by me - 100.00%
Rainbow Multidimensional by me - 100.00%

enjoy!
wwwww
Alright m8 here is your mod!
Salad
"You've got potential!" Ill show you some stuff that you could change :P
this is an overall thing for me but hardly anything crosses the center of the screen. there is one slider that goes from the left to the right side so it honestly just feels repetitive. Back and Forth. and sure thats what ctb is but i mean like this style feels restrained to me by the center of the screen. Use that to your advantage try and put your streams move through that center line dont let it control you
00:35:981 (5) - remove this and just replace it with like a circle so your spinner can come in earlier and feel more nature :^)
i mean your trying to blend in the instraments while also keeping your style of streaming and that doesnt work sadly. what i mean by this is look at this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8811256 you have a stream that really does not need to be here and the slider afterwords is there to fit with the timing of the map. It just needs the correct timing with your style. It just makes the map look unappealing.
Platter
same thing about being bound by that middle line but this one seems better than the salad
00:29:957 (2) - shorten this slider a bit so it matches with the timing
00:34:734 (4) - right here maybe add some notes before it so it matches the style of what you have been doing this map
00:00:255 (1,2,3,4,4) - (maybe make them super short sliders) it would match with the rhythm more.
This one is more legit :P
Rainbow Multidimensional
Ok you are better at mapping harder diff's then you are at mapping easier ones. I personally like your unique way of timing the way you incorporate streams and then go back to normal timing's is really clever. its just that STUPID MIDDLE LINE!
00:27:360 (5) - theirs a short break after this 5 thats a bit bugging
00:30:062 (3) - this note is a bit odd to me as it would fit in a easier diff you tackle it after words with more streams. i say ditch this note and add something that would not make the map come to a sudden stop like this.
I do not want you to think your a bad mapper. I see so much potential in you (that sounds so corny ik) but i can see how beautiful your style could be if you did not let this middle like be a line of symmetry. Its good for it to be like that at some points but for diff's like this and throughout your WHOLE MAP it doesn't work out. I do not want you to think im bashing you PLEASE DONT take it that way i just want to see you mapping at your best and highest potential! (Now dont let that middle line be a bully to you anymore) Your unique way of timing is honestly great and if you bash that middle line you could be the next big mapper! (You've got potential) I hope you fix up some of the things in this map and if it becomes ranked (ill totes farm the final diff) anyway Cya m8 8-)
Topic Starter
-Deleck-

wwwww wrote:

Alright m8 here is your mod!
Salad
"You've got potential!" Ill show you some stuff that you could change :P
this is an overall thing for me but hardly anything crosses the center of the screen. there is one slider that goes from the left to the right side so it honestly just feels repetitive. Back and Forth. and sure thats what ctb is but i mean like this style feels restrained to me by the center of the screen. Use that to your advantage try and put your streams move through that center line dont let it control you
00:35:981 (5) - remove this and just replace it with like a circle so your spinner can come in earlier and feel more nature :^)
i mean your trying to blend in the instraments while also keeping your style of streaming and that doesnt work sadly. what i mean by this is look at this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8811256 you have a stream that really does not need to be here and the slider afterwords is there to fit with the timing of the map. It just needs the correct timing with your style. It just makes the map look unappealing.
Platter
same thing about being bound by that middle line but this one seems better than the salad
00:29:957 (2) - shorten this slider a bit so it matches with the timing
00:34:734 (4) - right here maybe add some notes before it so it matches the style of what you have been doing this map
00:00:255 (1,2,3,4,4) - (maybe make them super short sliders) it would match with the rhythm more.
This one is more legit :P
Rainbow Multidimensional
Ok you are better at mapping harder diff's then you are at mapping easier ones. I personally like your unique way of timing the way you incorporate streams and then go back to normal timing's is really clever. its just that STUPID MIDDLE LINE!
00:27:360 (5) - theirs a short break after this 5 thats a bit bugging
00:30:062 (3) - this note is a bit odd to me as it would fit in a easier diff you tackle it after words with more streams. i say ditch this note and add something that would not make the map come to a sudden stop like this.
I do not want you to think your a bad mapper. I see so much potential in you (that sounds so corny ik) but i can see how beautiful your style could be if you did not let this middle like be a line of symmetry. Its good for it to be like that at some points but for diff's like this and throughout your WHOLE MAP it doesn't work out. I do not want you to think im bashing you PLEASE DONT take it that way i just want to see you mapping at your best and highest potential! (Now dont let that middle line be a bully to you anymore) Your unique way of timing is honestly great and if you bash that middle line you could be the next big mapper! (You've got potential) I hope you fix up some of the things in this map and if it becomes ranked (ill totes farm the final diff) anyway Cya m8 8-)
Thanks for your mod, I appreciate it :D all applied
Sanyi

From my modding queue

Since I think this map has general problems with emphasizing and consistency I will give some general advice instead of modding individual patterns (I will take the Salad diff as an example, you can apply my suggestions for the other diffs as well). I think you should read the whole mod and try to understand everything before applying anything (if you have any questions about my suggestions don't hesitate to ask me), because when you understood my suggestions you've got some ideas on how to improve your mapping by a lot!

I also suggest you to search for a experienced mapper so that he can teach you more about emphasizing and consistency (I heard Ascendance is looking for mentees: https://twitter.com/ascendanceosu/statu ... 0938284034). You can ask me anytime some questions and we can have some ingame discussions if you want to. I might also have a look at this mapset again when it has received more mods and has improved a lot, so feel free to ask me again if you think it has gotten way better!

General
  1. I would make the HP spread 3/4/5/6 instead of 4/5/6/6 because Rain and Overdose having the same HP is questionable and forcing quite high HP on lower diffs is unnecessary imo.
  2. It would be better for every diff to have the start of the spinner at the same time, the spinner of Salad starts earlier than the others atm. Since I think the spinner start of Salad is better than the rest I would change the spinner starts of the other diffs to the one of Salad.
  3. The difficulty spread is improveable. As it is right now the difficulty spike between Platter and Rain is very high but the difficulty spike between Salad and Platter + Rain and Overdose is pretty low. Therefore a Light Rain would be fitting for the mapset.
  4. I would put an NC on every big white tick, you're version is inconsistent and questionable at the same time (I looked at the Salad but that suggestion goes for every diff).
Salad
  1. 00:00:255 (1,2) - and 00:01:085 (3,4) - are mapped in the exact same way but they don't sound exactly the same. Using two single notes for both is super fine since both double sounds are somewhat alike, but I would arrange 00:01:085 (3,4) - a bit different since their pitch is different than 00:00:255 (1,2) - .
  2. It is completely fine that you emphasize downbeats like 00:02:747 (1) - and 00:04:408 (1) - with a dash. But you've got almost no movement inbetween these downbeats (i.e. 00:02:747 (1,2,3,4,5) - and 00:04:408 (1,2,3,4,5) - ), which is boring on the one hand and a lack of emphasizing on the other hand. Something like *this* would be better because you emphasize the music better and you have more movement in the map in general which is more fun to play. The same suggestion goes for every similar section afterwards too.
  3. 00:11:886 (3,4) - hyperdash is unrankable in Salad. Also: It is fine to give this section a special pattern because the song is changing here. But only a special pattern, not a hard one since the instruments stop playing which is very good for a easy-to-play pattern with unique style, you just used that movement from the one side of the screen to the other which you already used before (which means that it isn't special, I would make something new for that).
  4. 00:12:301 (4,1) - Everytime beforehand you emphasized the downbeat with a dash but here not, so this pattern should be a dash too.
  5. 00:13:132 (3,1) - You never used a dash here beforehand and the music hasn't changed here, so why making one here?
  6. 00:10:847 (2,3,1) - Putting the dash from 2 to 3 is more consistent with previous dashes than putting it from 3 to 1 and it fits the song better as well so it is better to change it here.
  7. 00:16:040 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - That is good emphasizing! It fits the song very well! Making two groups of four notes is very good (if you put the music to 50% or even 25% speed you will hear it well try it out). Unfortunately you changed that afterwards - the patterns that come afterwards are not using this "two groups of four notes" structure anymore so the emphasizing and the consistency is not given here. The rest of the map is inconsistent too since there is no main concept that you are following consistently.
Good Luck!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.