forum

[Archived] Hey My Laptop Shut Down Playing Osu! ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
carocarvajal
Rcently i lay alot osu! but my laptop shut down during the game so what can i do? what is the reason for this? alot i mean i play osu! like 4 days ago so yeah my laptop shut down and i dont know why i have a
gateway
windows 7
4 Gb memory
320 GB HDD
Intel Pentium processor SU4100
so what can i do?
delete programs that i dont need? please tell me
Thank You. :( :oops:
James2250
I am guessing no error comes up before it shuts down?

Normally the cause would be overheating, you can try enabling the frame limiter etc to see if that makes any difference. (Did you play for 4 days without shutting off the laptop at all?)

If none of that works you can try and solution given here

mm201 wrote:

It could also be faulty RAM, damaged motherboard connections, or a buggy driver.

To get more info on the error, open up Control Panel / System and Security / System / Advanced System Settings / Startup & Recovery (Settings...), and uncheck Automatically Restart. The sudden reboot should now be replaced with a BSOD which will give more info about the error. Generally the first couple lines are the only important ones, describing what the error was and in which driver it was found.
FlameAries

James2250 wrote:

I am guessing no error comes up before it shuts down?

Normally the cause would be overheating, you can try enabling the frame limiter etc to see if that makes any difference. (Did you play for 4 days without shutting off the laptop at all?)

If none of that works you can try and solution given here

mm201 wrote:

It could also be faulty RAM, damaged motherboard connections, or a buggy driver.

To get more info on the error, open up Control Panel / System and Security / System / Advanced System Settings / Startup & Recovery (Settings...), and uncheck Automatically Restart. The sudden reboot should now be replaced with a BSOD which will give more info about the error. Generally the first couple lines are the only important ones, describing what the error was and in which driver it was found.
How can i enable the frame limiter
TheVileOne
F7 toggles all the frame limiters. also if it's an overheating problem and you didn't have problems with overheating before, try cleaning out the vents. You would need to open up your laptop to do that though, but once its done the overheating problem should go away.

I am not responsible for any damage you may do to your laptop by doing this. Just open it and clear the dust away with a bottle of compressed air or carefully with a dry paper towel just around where the fans are.