forum

Anime with the most 'WTF' endings

posted
Total Posts
show more
terminallyCapricious
blooded Requiem For The Phantom and Weiss Kreuz (Gluhen)

SPOILER
Requiem&Weiss:
The main male lead, a trained assassin deemed 'thee best' is shot and presumably killed by a random passerby in the fields of Mongolia while the female lead stares obliviously at the sky. Same general situation in Weiss; only aya is killed on the streets by a random 12-ish year old kid with a pocketknife.

i would take the time to name Trinity Blood, but blooded it continues if you read the actual novels.
The same applies to Star Ocean EX, being based of the video game Second Story.
Yami No Matsuei was pretty good, but they stopped printing it at fff- well, the worst possible spot.
Giganscudo
Boku wa tomadachi ga sukainai.

God... I was no pissed off at the ending just when
SPOILER
Kodaka finally finds out that Yozora that's his childhood "Friend" what do i get? a stupid flashback in the first half of the video and them talking about it. Then in the second half of Yozora been mistaking as a male and cosplaying then BAM ends with Kodaka saying some useless crap and Boku wa tomadachi ga sukainai. DONE

Well considering how the ending went there's a chance of a second season. oh well I shall wait till then
jabberwockey
Magikano
no shit
That ending was TERRIBLE
it ruined the entire anime, made everything really serious bsns, when all the episodes prior to the last episode were stupid,pointless,and funny
It was so "WTF", you have to see it to believe it O_O
Rudeura
School days o.O

Kokizi wrote:

JesusYamato wrote:

inb4 School days
nice boat

Chrono crusade maybe ;3
suzutsukikanade
Mashiro-iro Symphony...Shingo is a ****ker.
marisabelbiri
Deadman Wonderland, I mean... I think it is a incomplete end.
xRayne
Okay..I'll throw it out there.

Loveless. o:
The last episode...it definitely made me think 'wtf? What now? o: "
mochi

giganimpou wrote:

Boku wa tomadachi ga sukainai.

God... I was no pissed off at the ending just when
SPOILER
Kodaka finally finds out that Yozora that's his childhood "Friend" what do i get? a stupid flashback in the first half of the video and them talking about it. Then in the second half of Yozora been mistaking as a male and cosplaying then BAM ends with Kodaka saying some useless crap and Boku wa tomadachi ga sukainai. DONE

Well considering how the ending went there's a chance of a second season. oh well I shall wait till then
Yes, the ending was horrible.

The only reason I continued watching was because of the history between kodaka and yozora, only to find out nothing changes in the end.
Ayu

marisabelbiri wrote:

Deadman Wonderland, I mean... I think it is a incomplete end.
This. Deadman Wonderland is awesome, though.

SPOILER
Warusa bakari no uddopekka
Kyōmon anake
Moriboro darage okotta uddo god
Kuchibashi o doku ni kaeta
Komatta uddopekka
Sū ana ga doku ni, gohan mo doku ni
Tomodachi ni furereba shinubakari
Kanashinda uddopekka
Doku no namida ga kira kira hikaru
Lizzehb
Bokura Ga Ita had a really wtf and sad ending.
NixXSkate
Jyu Oh Sei
Karaoke_old
panty and stocking, and usagi drop manga
MattCore
K-ON!! 2 y Blood Plus
mathexpert
i actually thought the k-on!! ending was pretty decent, but then again I liked the anime. i'm sure many people were glad it was over xP
Bezmolwie_old
Anyway, School Days is with the most WTF ending for sure. Guess the others can only try to be top2 -_-
eat my soup
Must've been said 30 times on this thread already but Neon Genesis.
meiikyuu
break blade ;_; needs more
diggydumdum
School Days for me.
// shrugs.
CNM501

diggydumdum wrote:

School Days for me.
// shrugs.
Me too. School Days had a serious WTF ending. And I thought it was going to be a nice slice-of-life anime... How completely wrong I was... and that boat was nice indeed.... o-o
Dieathan
End of Evangelion
EVERYBODY FUCKING DIES!
SYSEN
umikeno no naku koro ni
ampzz

Dieathan wrote:

End of Evangelion
EVERYBODY FUCKING DIES!
They don't die... it's their own choice as to whether they come back as an individual ego or not.
Faust

meiikyuu wrote:

break blade ;_; needs more
Hahah.

This shit.
Topic Starter
Copter-kun

Index-San wrote:

umikeno no naku koro ni
Why did you watch the anime.
The VN explains more starting from chiru (the continuation of the first 4 ep or otherwise, the first season of the anime). It hasn't really ended.
Dafydd
NICE BOAT. :D
Wamp
School days for sure, too bad my cousin told me before i got to finish it >.>
F m L_old
Schewl days
Aoko
Fortune Arterial. Seriously, it was fine but wtf for me.
Arcmera

Copter-kun wrote:

Index-San wrote:

umikeno no naku koro ni
Why did you watch the anime.
The VN explains more starting from chiru (the continuation of the first 4 ep or otherwise, the first season of the anime). It hasn't really ended.
And that's why I am downloading the ep. 5/6/7/8.

School Days ofc. In the middle of the anime I thought about not finishing it, but then...

SPOILER ALERT! DON'T OPEN! IT HAS SPOILERS!
...someone said to me Makoto dies, so I couldn't lose the scene. But I thought he would die in an accident or something like that, not stabbed O_O" Well, he deserved it.
Tsuzuku_old
I don't get why people are saying madoka and angel beats.
both of those were more sob sob sob can't stop thinking about it for the whole day.

Tsuzuku wrote:

both of those were more sob sob sob can't stop thinking about it for the whole day.
i guess it's the fact the endings are somewhat unexpected, as well as tragic....

for me, i'd say Guilty Crown, cause the ending was rushed, also the fact they introduce a new character and unload a bunch of info in the last episode which made it completely weird >.>...
ampzz
. . . Guilty Crown hasn't finished yet so what are you on about?
Dafydd
The NICE BOAT pawns all of yer anime...
Heh heh heh.

Trololol~
Mizou-kun
11 eyes .. I was like WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?!!?
Swatty
School Days of course.. nothing is more WTF than that
Kinrinjin7
Zombie Loan, they ended very badly.
eIohim
WTF as in, "wow, unexpected" or WTF as in "You got to be joking!" ?

Guilty Crown is one, not so much for cleverness as for randomness, it shows that they were just throwing random stuff into the plot, and then they somewhat tried to connect it with random explanations, poorly. A shame, I still liked it.

11eyes. I did long ago read the eroge with the same name (for the plot, obviously), when the anime came out, the plot was not even similar, and the end made no sense. It felt as if they wanted the main antagonist to be trapped (as opposed to the novel, in which Kakeru stabs and kills Liselotte) in hopes for a second season, or something. WTF defines it quite well.

Mawaru Penguindrum, this one was a truly unpredictable anime, the end has way too many implications, and very few explanations.

Angel Beats, for sure. The fact Otonashi's heart prolongued Kanade's life (I say prolongued, since to be there she obviously had to die) doesn't necessarily makes sense if they arrive to that place in order. Kanade was there way before Otonashi, after all. Jun Maeda...

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai & Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko have literally NO ENDING

...I could go on forever, but that would be a lot of black bars.
fuyuko-chan
Hm..... School Days absolutely at the last episode O_O WTF
K a Y e
School Days, I guess.
Oreiora

411662 wrote:

Tsuzuku wrote:

i guess it's the fact the endings are somewhat unexpected, as well as tragic....

for me, i'd say Guilty Crown, cause the ending was rushed, also the fact they introduce a new character and unload a bunch of info in the last episode which made it completely weird >.>...
I'm pretty sure there's a second season coming. I read this interview when the first season was still going.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/interview/2011-11-28/interview-koji-yamamoto-ryo-ohyama-and-george-wada-on-guilty-crown

This was a question (and answer) from the interview with the producers of GC.

Ah, so they came as a set. I know that the show is scheduled for two seasons, and a two-season show is [considered] risky. Did you see a two-season series like Guilty Crown as a risk in terms of length?

Yamamoto: There is, of course, a very big risk to doing a two-season show, and to doing something original. But if we go for one season, it'll just begin and end. So for this show, and from now on, we want to do more two-season shows.
show more