forum

Anime with the most 'WTF' endings

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Copter-kun
As the title says, post your 'WTF' ending
Mines is PSG 'Panty and Stocking with Garterbert. Anime didn't finish YET but the ending for the first season was just... WTF
GOD MY OH
Edit: for extra details that you want to share, put them in spoilers or spoilerboxes
Waryas
inb4 School days
Bakario
gantz,school days,dbz gt xd,etc. Manga rlz :3 :P
Fabi
Utawarerumono.
Kamure

JesusYamato wrote:

inb4 School days
Yep.
Kokizi

JesusYamato wrote:

inb4 School days
nice boat ending indeed
Vext_old
There's too damn many to list but Ima throw out in general, all of the anime that don't even end and just sorta stop, like Inuyasha (not including movies+other series but you get the point)
Drakari_old
Iriya No Sora, UFO No Natsu
If you don't want to watch (It's very depressing if you watch the whole thing) then a summary:
SPOILER
There's a boy and a girl, they fall in love (That's most of the first 4 episodes).
Then she gets kidnapped by the government because they need her to save the world, but she refuses.
Then he gets kindapped by the government and they tell him to convince her to save the world. He refuses and tries to break her out of the high tech super prison. (he fails).
She saves the world anyways, then dies.
He gets a new girlfriend the next day and goes back to his life like nothing ever happened. At least, as far as I could tell...

Also Night Wizard though it was more of a WTF moment shortly BEFORE the ending...
Firo Prochainezo
Chaos;Head
Hika

Ever17 wrote:

Utawarerumono.
& Death Note.
Rantai
Kashimashi was pretty what.
Topic Starter
Copter-kun

Hika wrote:

Ever17 wrote:

Utawarerumono.
& Death Note.
Death note wasn't so much of a WTF ending
Kokizi
how about evangelion?
I'm pretty sure I had a wtf expression when I first finished it.
TKiller
I instarewatched End of Evangelion right after I've watched it for the 1st time.

That was quite long ago though.

But it surely left an impression.
Sinistro
Waryas

TKiller wrote:

I instarewatched End of Evangelion right after I've watched it for the 1st time.

That was quite long ago though.

But it surely left an impression.
Oh yea i was still in highschool when I finished eva like 8-9 years ago and i think i was depressed/traumatized for a whole week after i finished EoE...
anthonyyy0
Black Rock Shooter. :?
Hika

Copter-kun wrote:

Death note wasn't so much of a WTF ending
imo, I found it surprising that

SPOILER
Ryuk actually killed Light in the end even though he stated in the beginning of the series that he would kill Light with that very first death note. & also that Misa committed suicide, Mikami died in jail from being a dumbass & that Light's father died.

Freaked the hell out of me but I saw the ending like 2 years ago. Besides, I was only 13. v_v
AzureKikinak
Arakawa under the Bridge
mathexpert
not really in the wtf sense, but clannad afterstory episode 15-22~? made me go "whyyyy kyoani do you have to do this to me :( :( :( :( "

...Then it became one of my favorite animes of all time. :D

Edit: also obligatory school days
show more