forum

Sean&Bobo - Swing It

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LightKIngdom
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 19 августа 2017 г. at 13:57:32

Artist: Sean&Bobo
Title: Swing It
Tags: Sean&Bobo Swing It happycore LightKingdom Big Room House
BPM: 128
Filesize: 3044kb
Play Time: 02:00
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1,25 stars, 108 notes)
  2. Hard (2,46 stars, 151 notes)
  3. Normal (1,75 stars, 115 notes)
Download: Sean&Bobo - Swing It
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Need mods now.
Tiff
General
- the timing is right
- the offset should be in the first note : it means your offset should be here 00:00:085 -
01:00:085 - I think this is the kiai part since this is a chorus
add some colours in every combo, it looks better ( tell me If you don't know how to)
Easy
00:05:710 (4) - try to use less return slides, beginners don't use them a lot (same as 00:23:522 (1) - 01:01:960 (3) - 01:39:460 (4) -
00:15:085 (4) - NC
Normal
00:11:335 (5) - 00:12:272 (6) - both of them end on the white tick, there is a beat there
Hard
its pretty well done, but I prefer to have more patterns in Hard
GL !!! :)
Topic Starter
LightKIngdom
Thanks a lot , bruh, but what is the problem with offset? Why do I need change that?

UPD: Everyting was updated . ;)
Tiff

LightKIngdom wrote:

Thanks a lot , bruh, but what is the problem with offset? Why do I need change that?
offset is suppose to be a first important beat or when the music starts
josh1024
From the queue:

Looks like you need to get the basis down first.
Let's use Easy diff as an example.

Oh and not sure how you got the timing to work but I would set the Offest to 114.
You could just change it to 4333, it seems a bit too early.

Easy
New combos are kinda all over the place.
Generally nc is used on measure or sentence start, and they don't necessary have to contain the same number.
For example:
00:07:585 (6) newcombo here.
00:09:460 (1) instead of here.
00:11:335 (3) if you feel like adding nc because of increasing objects, start nc here.
00:13:210 (1) no nc here unless you wanna emphasize circle 1 2 3.
Same goes with the rest of the map.

Also there are a few slider shapes that are usually "safer" to use (deemed "better")
Here's a post on that:
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/208596
00:28:210 (8) for example someone may ask you to reshape a long slider like this.
00:43:678 (3) simple, smooth curves with only 3 control points are preferred here.

Time-distance equality is another thing to consider since there are guidelines in rc:
https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Ranking_Criteria/osu!
"Time-distance equality should be used"
For example, if two 1 beat (time) gaps have different gap sizes (distance) it's considered bad.
00:00:085 (1,2) - 00:01:960 (2,3) these are fine since they are so far apart in time.
00:05:710 (4,5) - 00:06:647 (5,6) while these are not fine. 4 5 and 5 6 are both 1 beat apart, but they are not the same distance apart.

Two tools for you:
1) If you click on (select) an object, on the top right corner you can see something like "Prev: 1.34x Next: 1.04x"
That's the gap between it and the last and next object, distance divided by time, relative to current slider velocity.
Basicly if the two multipliers aren't the same they don't follow t-d equality.
2) By holding alt, the next object you place always follow t-d e.

As for spinners though they are not rhythmitic it's best to still map it to significant sounds.
01:57:272 (1) for example I would put an extra circle where the spinner head is and start the spinner 2 beats later.

Finally don't forget to use AiMod (ctrl+Shift+A) to check for mistakes.

Hope you find this useful.

Edit:
For some reason timestamp wasn't working, now it is.
Topic Starter
LightKIngdom

josh1024 wrote:

From the queue:

Looks like you need to get the basis down first.
Let's use Easy diff as an example.

Oh and not sure how you got the timing to work but I would set the Offest to 114.
You could just change it to 4333, it seems a bit too early.FIXED

Easy
New combos are kinda all over the place.
Generally nc is used on measure or sentence start, and they don't necessary have to contain the same number.
For example:
00:07:585 (6) newcombo here. FIXED
00:09:460 (1) instead of here. FIXED
00:11:335 (3) if you feel like adding nc because of increasing objects, start nc here. FIXED
00:13:210 (1) no nc here unless you wanna emphasize circle 1 2 3. FIXED

Also there are a few slider shapes that are usually "safer" to use (deemed "better")
Here's a post on that:
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/208596
00:28:210 (8) for example someone may ask you to reshape a long slider like this. FIXED
00:43:678 (3) simple, smooth curves with only 3 control points are preferred here.FIXED

Time-distance equality is another thing to consider since there are guidelines in rc:
https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Ranking_Criteria/osu!
"Time-distance equality should be used"
For example, if two 1 beat (time) gaps have different gap sizes (distance) it's considered bad.
00:00:085 (1,2) - 00:01:960 (2,3) these are fine since they are so far apart in time. FIXED
00:05:710 (4,5) - 00:06:647 (5,6) while these are not fine. 4 5 and 5 6 are both 1 beat apart, but they are not the same distance apart. FIXED

Two tools for you:
1) If you click on (select) an object, on the top right corner you can see something like "Prev: 1.34x Next: 1.04x"
That's the gap between it and the last and next object, distance divided by time, relative to current slider velocity.
Basicly if the two multipliers aren't the same they don't follow t-d equality.
2) By holding alt, the next object you place always follow t-d e.

As for spinners though they are not rhythmitic it's best to still map it to significant sounds.
01:57:272 (1) for example I would put an extra circle where the spinner head is and start the spinner 2 beats later. FIXED

Finally don't forget to use AiMod (ctrl+Shift+A) to check for mistakes.

Hope you find this useful.

Edit:
For some reason timestamp wasn't working, now it is.

Thanks a lot, I am gonna mod ur map soon :P !
Crypthesis
from my modding queue:

zzz

red is unrankable
global
you need to cut out the part that you're not mapping. it creates unnecessary download space.

apparently your audio bitrate is too high. ask someone who knows a lot about audio about this. it can't be ranked like this

audio.mp3 319kbps

The song's audio file must be of reasonable quality. Try and source mp3 files yourself; ripping them from a streaming video site often results in low quality audio with high file sizes. The bitrate of a beatmap's audio file must be no lower than 128kbps and no higher than 192kbps.
you need a preview point if you didn't notice, most songs on the menu that are ranked don't start from the beginning. this is because of a preview point. to put a preview point, go into the timing menu at the very top and it should be at the bottom. you'll need to set it for all three diffs.

optional, but you might want to put some combo colors.

easy
set your hitsounds lower, it's killing my ears. do it with the green line or the timing line. also, put the timing line at the first note.

00:12:301 (3,1) - use distance snap, aka time-space equality.

00:26:832 (6) - nc?

00:47:926 (5,1,2,3,4) - Use ds.

00:52:614 (1,2,3) - ds.

01:04:332 (2,3,4,5) - ds.

01:18:864 (3) - nc.

01:48:864 (1,2,3,4) - ds.

i'll be pretty honest here. it's quite boring to play. also, the curved slider would look better if it was uncurved

hard
00:15:114 (3) - nc

00:20:739 (5) - what is this

00:46:285 (2,3,4) - ds

i'm not going to list everything. (i'm tired)

gl owo
Mashed
From my modding queue

[General]
You need to reduce the background image size to fit the ranking criteria, currently it is at 2133 x 1200, try cropping an area of the image.
Background images must not exceed a width of 1920 pixels and a height of 1200 pixels. Images with lower vertical or horizontal resolutions than that of the player's will be upscaled to fit the entire screen.

[Easy]
Make sure you check AiMod by pressing Ctrl + Shift + A (Check distance snap), Use consistant distance snapping for easy difficulty, if the distance ever needs to be reduced for any reason, you should change the slider velocity instead.
Use circular flow.

[Normal]
Once again distance snapping, read above ^ Check AiMod
00:02:052 (3) - This slider should point towards the circle, would look better.
01:02:052 (4) - The way you create these sliders are pretty gross, try making them like this

01:31:114 (2,3,4) - Looks rather messy. Please fix.
01:39:083 (2,3) - Move these two circles up to fix the flow.
01:40:489 - 01:45:177 - I am unsure why this entire part is a break.

[Hard]
This star rating is more fit for the Advanced difficulty naming, consider changing the difficulty name or adjust the map so it becomes 3*
Stick to using distance snap and only turn it off if it is VERY necessary.
01:40:489 - 01:45:177 - Again this break is unnecessary because there are sounds.

I recommend you watch some of pishifat's mapping videos and make sure you read over the ranking criteria.
Good luck on your mapping! :)
Topic Starter
LightKIngdom

Crypthesis wrote:

from my modding queue:

zzz

red is unrankable
global
you need to cut out the part that you're not mapping. it creates unnecessary download space. FIXED

apparently your audio bitrate is too high. ask someone who knows a lot about audio about this. it can't be ranked like this

audio.mp3 319kbps FIXED

The song's audio file must be of reasonable quality. Try and source mp3 files yourself; ripping them from a streaming video site often results in low quality audio with high file sizes. The bitrate of a beatmap's audio file must be no lower than 128kbps and no higher than 192kbps.
you need a preview point if you didn't notice, most songs on the menu that are ranked don't start from the beginning. this is because of a preview point. to put a preview point, go into the timing menu at the very top and it should be at the bottom. you'll need to set it for all three diffs. FIXED

optional, but you might want to put some combo colors.

easy
set your hitsounds lower, it's killing my ears. do it with the green line or the timing line. also, put the timing line at the first note.

00:12:301 (3,1) - use distance snap, aka time-space equality. FIXED

00:26:832 (6) - nc? FIXED

00:47:926 (5,1,2,3,4) - Use ds. FIXED

00:52:614 (1,2,3) - ds. FIXED

01:04:332 (2,3,4,5) - ds. FIXED

01:18:864 (3) - nc. FIXED

01:48:864 (1,2,3,4) - ds. FIXED

i'll be pretty honest here. it's quite boring to play. also, the curved slider would look better if it was uncurved

hard
00:15:114 (3) - nc FIXED

00:20:739 (5) - what is this FIXED

00:46:285 (2,3,4) - ds FIXED

i'm not going to list everything. (i'm tired)

gl owo
Thanks ^^
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.