forum

Kurokotei - Valkyrie Attack

posted
Total Posts
show more
Xinnoh
clean map

General
You can probably lower your NC usage on Normal and Hard from once every 1/1 to once every 2/1. Most of the time the combo never goes above 3-4, so would look a bit nicer if there was more numbers seen.
I think a louder soft-hitclap would work, since the song's snare is really loud

Hard
AR 7.5 would probably be much easier to read
01:50:199 (4,1) - Spacing is a bit excessive, not much sound here
01:57:924 (1) - This section just has too many 1/4 rhythms for a hard diff, not all of them need to be mapped. You can interpret the song how you want and change some parts to 1/2. I'd suggest going through a couple ranked sets sets that are stream heavy with a hard diff. Try having a look at some of their ideas for how to reduce the note density on parts with lots of 1/4. If you need further help with this feel free to ask me.

Normal
01:10:498 (1) - + 01:12:295 (2) - Having objects overlapping while the other is not fully faded out is really discouraged for a normal diff, as it's quite difficult to read. If you want to overlap things, you need to have at least 4/1 between each object. eg 01:13:014 (3,2) - is fine. This applies for the whole diff
Otherwise it looks mostly fine

Just read the mods from before about the timing. As a note for the future, you can highlight all timing points, set the thing to 10, click move, and everything's done! https://puu.sh/yax8y/069e1ccdd1.png (There's also the 4th tool here that does it http://zardoru.github.io/sv-tools/ )

Call me back after you've lowered your usage of overlaps in normal, and decreased rhythm density on hard's kiai!
Topic Starter
Shyotamaze

Sinnoh wrote:

clean map

General
You can probably lower your NC usage on Normal and Hard from once every 1/1 to once every 2/1. Most of the time the combo never goes above 3-4, so would look a bit nicer if there was more numbers seen. Fixed on normal diff, it feels too inconsistent on the hard diff since wub parts have a lot of NCs due to SV changes and it would kinda ruin my concept of emphasizing every new measure with a jump since you wouldn't rly notice the new measure without the NC
I think a louder soft-hitclap would work, since the song's snare is really loud Fixed

Hard
AR 7.5 would probably be much easier to read Fixed
01:50:199 (4,1) - Spacing is a bit excessive, not much sound here I think someone mentioned it before but the spacing is smaller than here 01:51:636 (4,1) - so it's not that big imo, maybe it looks big because of the way the sliders are arranged
01:57:924 (1) - This section just has too many 1/4 rhythms for a hard diff, not all of them need to be mapped. You can interpret the song how you want and change some parts to 1/2. I'd suggest going through a couple ranked sets sets that are stream heavy with a hard diff. Try having a look at some of their ideas for how to reduce the note density on parts with lots of 1/4. If you need further help with this feel free to ask me. hmm I don't rly know how to fix that tbh, anyways wouldn't it make the gap in the spread between hard and insane too big if I reduce the density? :thinking: so ye I don't think it's a big problem since almost all streams are kicksliders which are pretty easy to play imo but I'm willing to change the rhythm if you have a good suggestion

Normal
01:10:498 (1) - + 01:12:295 (2) - Having objects overlapping while the other is not fully faded out is really discouraged for a normal diff, as it's quite difficult to read. If you want to overlap things, you need to have at least 4/1 between each object. eg 01:13:014 (3,2) - is fine. This applies for the whole diff ehh idk how to fix that since the whole diff is based on stacking for clean structure rip, I increased the AR tho since it was kinda low/for a better spread so maybe now it's less noticeable?
Otherwise it looks mostly fine

Just read the mods from before about the timing. As a note for the future, you can highlight all timing points, set the thing to 10, click move, and everything's done! https://puu.sh/yax8y/069e1ccdd1.png (There's also the 4th tool here that does it http://zardoru.github.io/sv-tools/ ) oh thanks I didn't know about that lmao it would've saved me some time yea

Call me back after you've lowered your usage of overlaps in normal, and decreased rhythm density on hard's kiai!
Thanks! (holy my first icon ever)
Xinnoh

Shyotamaze wrote:

Sinnoh wrote:

clean map

General
You can probably lower your NC usage on Normal and Hard from once every 1/1 to once every 2/1. Most of the time the combo never goes above 3-4, so would look a bit nicer if there was more numbers seen. Fixed on normal diff, it feels too inconsistent on the hard diff since wub parts have a lot of NCs due to SV changes and it would kinda ruin my concept of emphasizing every new measure with a jump since you wouldn't rly notice the new measure without the NC you can still start doing the NC change after the break in hard, the song is composed very differently so not as much need to be consistent with the first half's patterns

Hard
01:50:199 (4,1) - Spacing is a bit excessive, not much sound here I think someone mentioned it before but the spacing is smaller than here 01:51:636 (4,1) - so it's not that big imo, maybe it looks big because of the way the sliders are arranged 01:50:199 (4,1) - Is not on a downbeat, 01:51:636 (4,1) - is on a downbeat and has a synth/chord change which is justified for emphasis. Because the first one doesn't have this additional downbeat, it's overdone.
01:57:924 (1) - This section just has too many 1/4 rhythms for a hard diff, not all of them need to be mapped. You can interpret the song how you want and change some parts to 1/2. I'd suggest going through a couple ranked sets sets that are stream heavy with a hard diff. Try having a look at some of their ideas for how to reduce the note density on parts with lots of 1/4. If you need further help with this feel free to ask me. hmm I don't rly know how to fix that tbh, anyways wouldn't it make the gap in the spread between hard and insane too big if I reduce the density? :thinking: so ye I don't think it's a big problem since almost all streams are kicksliders which are pretty easy to play imo but I'm willing to change the rhythm if you have a good suggestion i will ask for 2nd opinion here

Normal
01:10:498 (1) - + 01:12:295 (2) - Having objects overlapping while the other is not fully faded out is really discouraged for a normal diff, as it's quite difficult to read. If you want to overlap things, you need to have at least 4/1 between each object. eg 01:13:014 (3,2) - is fine. This applies for the whole diff ehh idk how to fix that since the whole diff is based on stacking for clean structure rip, I increased the AR tho since it was kinda low/for a better spread so maybe now it's less noticeable? good decision on AR, but will also get opinion for this
Topic Starter
Shyotamaze

Sinnoh wrote:

Sinnoh wrote:

clean map

General
You can probably lower your NC usage on Normal and Hard from once every 1/1 to once every 2/1. Most of the time the combo never goes above 3-4, so would look a bit nicer if there was more numbers seen. Fixed on normal diff, it feels too inconsistent on the hard diff since wub parts have a lot of NCs due to SV changes and it would kinda ruin my concept of emphasizing every new measure with a jump since you wouldn't rly notice the new measure without the NC you can still start doing the NC change after the break in hard, the song is composed very differently so not as much need to be consistent with the first half's patterns aaa Fixed

Hard
01:50:199 (4,1) - Spacing is a bit excessive, not much sound here I think someone mentioned it before but the spacing is smaller than here 01:51:636 (4,1) - so it's not that big imo, maybe it looks big because of the way the sliders are arranged 01:50:199 (4,1) - Is not on a downbeat, 01:51:636 (4,1) - is on a downbeat and has a synth/chord change which is justified for emphasis. Because the first one doesn't have this additional downbeat, it's overdone. oh you're talking about the downbeat here? 01:50:738 yea but that jump emphasizes the change in the music here 01:50:559 anyway (which is shown by making that pattern 01:50:559 (5,6,7,8) - ) I tried to reduce the spacing a bit to satisfy you but I can't do it without ruining the structure and that pattern 01:50:559 (5,6,7,8) - so yea I'd rather not :(
Thanks again! Waiting for the 2nd opinion now :eyes:
Nao Tomori
gonna slide in here

[insane]
these electronic hitsounds are kinda weird af, sounds like police sirens lmao. personally i'd just remove them, they sound really discordant and annoying...

00:42:475 (4,5) - would b cool to continue ur parallel concept here..

01:30:618 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - i dont like this rhythming here at all, the cymbals stick out a lot but you don't really highlight them that well. sometimes its 1/2 slider, or triple end, or kicklider.. why not just put a stream with direction change on each finish lol

01:45:618 (5,6) - i know u want pattern but this makes no sense considering literally every other instance of this in the map is a double with a 1/2 slider lol

02:02:235 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - imo make this a bit more spaced out cuz the piano is climaxing but nothing really changed in the spacing of the stream
[hard]
01:38:603 - imo add some triples in this section, since there's constant 1/4 in bg and insane is very high 1/4 density. same in kiai, you cannot have these massive streams in the insane and have your entire 1/4 use in kiai of hard be like 4 triples. it needs to be more dense.

[normal]
kiai is still a bit too low density for my liking, since you should be buffing the hard. and its actually lower density than a lot of the rest of the map anyway lol... compare 02:08:702 - to 00:29:181 - .
Topic Starter
Shyotamaze

Naotoshi wrote:

gonna slide in here

[insane]
these electronic hitsounds are kinda weird af, sounds like police sirens lmao. personally i'd just remove them, they sound really discordant and annoying... ehh idk I like them but if you have better ones I can try them

00:42:475 (4,5) - would b cool to continue ur parallel concept here.. That concept was already finished before tho 00:36:008 (1,2,3) - 00:37:085 (4,1) - for example

01:30:618 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - i dont like this rhythming here at all, the cymbals stick out a lot but you don't really highlight them that well. sometimes its 1/2 slider, or triple end, or kicklider.. why not just put a stream with direction change on each finish lol Fixed

01:45:618 (5,6) - i know u want pattern but this makes no sense considering literally every other instance of this in the map is a double with a 1/2 slider lol Fixed

02:02:235 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - imo make this a bit more spaced out cuz the piano is climaxing but nothing really changed in the spacing of the stream hmm good point but I can't space it more without making it too difficult (and it's already kinda difficult for that star rating imo lol)
and it would be too inconsistent if only 2 streams had a larger spacing for the whole kiai

[hard]
01:38:603 - imo add some triples in this section, since there's constant 1/4 in bg and insane is very high 1/4 density. same in kiai, you cannot have these massive streams in the insane and have your entire 1/4 use in kiai of hard be like 4 triples. it needs to be more dense. hmm triples in this section would feel weird since they're almost inaudible compared to the main melody that I'm following here 01:37:804 (1,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - , for the kiai it was actually really dense but I nerfed it because of Sinnoh's mod so ye idk where to put 1/4 stuff on the kiai so if you have precise spots then why not but otherwise it's fine imo

[normal]
kiai is still a bit too low density for my liking, since you should be buffing the hard. and its actually lower density than a lot of the rest of the map anyway lol... compare 02:08:702 - to 00:29:181 - . Hmm changed some stuff but I can't add much more
Thanks!
Xinnoh
Insane
02:13:373 (11) - ctrl-g, jump is pretty far

Normal
02:20:558 (4,5) - Can you ctrl-h and move these on the left side, the ending section is somewhat limited to the top right corner.
Topic Starter
Shyotamaze

Sinnoh wrote:

Insane
02:13:373 (11) - ctrl-g, jump is pretty far Fixed

Normal
02:20:558 (4,5) - Can you ctrl-h and move these on the left side, the ending section is somewhat limited to the top right corner. Fixed
Thanks!
Xinnoh
check out my soundcloud
N0thingSpecial
Veto this please
Topic Starter
Shyotamaze

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Veto this please
ill veto ur life
bite you death

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Veto this please
Xinnoh

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Veto this please
Topic Starter
Shyotamaze
Qual this please
Nozhomi

Not sure for soft-hitclap4 but other are for sure not used anymore after check.
Also soft-hitwhistle3.wav have a 6ms delay.
I'm not fan of that 22s break, it's really long :/

[Normal :]
  1. 01:37:804 - Rhythm killer here. You mapped the drums from the start, and then suddenly going offbeat to follow piano. I know like that it seems k, but as lowest diff of the set, this is not okay at all. Same here 01:49:301 - .
  2. You missed some clap like at 02:09:780 - because you used Hitsound copier and you didn't map them on last diff so do a double check thx.
[Hard :]
  1. 01:29:900 (3,4) - Not the best kind of pattern for the reading. Space them a bit more. And same for other like this one ofc (like 01:34:571 (2,1) - ).

Mukyu~
jeanbernard8865
put dialgadu77 in tags since its his old username
Topic Starter
Shyotamaze

Nozhomi wrote:

Not sure for soft-hitclap4 but other are for sure not used anymore after check. oops there were used before I remapped the Normal diff's kiai zzz fixed
Also soft-hitwhistle3.wav have a 6ms delay. Fixed
I'm not fan of that 22s break, it's really long :/ aaa sry as I already said it would be really weird if I only mapped the vocals there and instruments for the rest of the whole map

[Normal :]
  1. 01:37:804 - Rhythm killer here. You mapped the drums from the start, and then suddenly going offbeat to follow piano. I know like that it seems k, but as lowest diff of the set, this is not okay at all. Same here 01:49:301 - . I added some variety since the music changes here, it would be really boring to play the same drum pattern for half of the map (I already find the rhythm of that diff a bit boring lmao), I don't think it's a problem since the gap between notes stays the same, here 01:40:678 (1,2,3,4) - I can understand that the rhythm is "weird" but the piano is quite strong so the player should easily know when to click
  2. You missed some clap like at 02:09:780 - because you used Hitsound copier and you didn't map them on last diff so do a double check thx. Fixed
[Hard :]
  1. 01:29:900 (3,4) - Not the best kind of pattern for the reading. Space them a bit more. And same for other like this one ofc (like 01:34:571 (2,1) - ).It's not that difficult to read imo and that pattern is introduced quite early 00:20:918 (4,5) - so it shouldn't be a problem if the player wants to practice that pattern to understand it

Mukyu~
Thanks!

AyanokoRin wrote:

put dialgadu77 in tags since its his old username oops I forgot
Thanks!
Xinnoh
bouyaaa next

actually checked modding assistant this time -_-
Nozhomi
Stop stalking me thx.

Also I still hate french btw.
Nao Tomori