forum

How do you spin fast on tablets?

posted
Total Posts
show more
ziin
not that I've ever used a tablet, but isn't it as simple as drawing an "O" a whole bunch of times?
Hikaros

ziin wrote:

not that I've ever used a tablet, but isn't it as simple as drawing an "O" a whole bunch of times?
pretty much what you do when using a mouse.

now to be honest with you man, for me it was backwards, i used to spin at 200 when i used mouse. changed to tablet and now i spin at 315 - 380 . is all about getting used to it. at the very beginning my hand used to freeze like half a second in between spins.
IppE
Drawing small O's works fine for me, I get around 350-420 spinning like that.
Satonaka
The way I spin it is that my arm freezes and I move my whole arm to make a circle. Also, I move my pen with my fingers to make it faster. I hope you get what I'm saying since I'm not really good at explaining D: ... Anyways I normally spin 380-420 spm; 450 max for like a second.
-Shi_old
hmm just spinning wildly with tablet gets me around 400 small circles get me like 290 D:
spinning with mouse gets me 350
excellions
290 ish
spinning sucks
Daru
I usually spin at around 380-420 with my tablet.
I make really small circles in the very center - there's actually a little hole in the center of my overlay sheet where I spin.
Zetta

Daru wrote:

I make really small circles in the very center - there's actually a little hole in the center of my overlay sheet where I spin.
I do this too.

I've noticed that even though the spinner says I'm spinning at 380ish I'm really spinning at 420+

Maybe this is a bug? Also, fucking Rucker. How the hell do you spin so fast man? I wanna do that. Teach me.
YTYuyu
I spin mainly between 300-350 sometimes lower. At least 280-290. Anything over 350 is rare for me.
Minty Gum
I was watching some youtube videos of people playing osu and some people simply scribble and toss their cursor all over the screen and barely get any. Not very efficient, as far as I can see :? The key is to put you cursor very close to the center of the circle and instead of doing huge circles, do tiny circles close very close the middle. You will be getting more this way. Of course, you'll just get better over time :P Hope this helps.
aston_old
practice makes perfect.
small circles are nice, but don't make you faster. everyone spins differently; thus, the best way is to do it in a way that you like.
example : i like spinning small cause it looks aesthetically nice. sometimes i spin big for the uguu. however, in no way is either spin superior to the other.
(my small spinning is better, since i do it more often, but a counterarguement would be rucker's spins - faster ones tend to be bigger.)

so just practice on some spinning songs. such as .. viewtopic.php?t=4675
Vext_old

Daru wrote:

This.
mrnerfbullet
I make very small cicles in the middle of the screen but i only get 300 approx
-sev
sigh
Nyxa

Kaienyuu wrote:

sigh
winber1
his neck probably is probably really tense right now, so he's just doing some neck rolls, don't mind him.
Cyllinus
Using the default cursor trail helps for me.
B1rd
I think it's faster to use your arm to spin.
xasuma
0_o
Noffy
Here is a comment saying "omg necro"
naliem
Dat necro.

I spin 380-410 with my tablet, just keep the circle small.
Nyxa
I've peaked at 400 on OD10
Make big circles until you're fast at them
But not so big that you like them and can not lie
cheezstik

Tess wrote:

I've peaked at 400 on OD10
I'm pretty sure OD doesn't change your spin speed, it just makes it so you have spin faster to pass / get extra points.
buny

winber1 wrote:

his neck probably is probably really tense right now, so he's just doing some neck rolls, don't mind him.
am i c00l now
esneT
The size of your spin circle generally doesn't matter, it just has to be consistent to be a "good" spin (although it definitely helps to keep it as small as you can without messing up).

Also just practice I guess. Go to school/work and just spin with a pencil at a desk or something haha
Sibyll
Keeping the rotation circle small may seems like it is the most efficient way to spin. But because the player is trying to keep it very tight, the player's rotation speed is going to be limited to a great extent. I observed many experienced players not keeping their spinning tight and decided to research it a bit.
But like mentioned above, practicing is very essential. I see a lot of players focusing only on the spinners and screwing up the notes that follow after the spinner.
Good luck :3
Vectorial
Or use the drill technique

Jokes apart, I spin backwards, aaaand my spin rate is very unstable, goes from 290 to 370. Continuously changing while stressed arm :/
buny
necro intensifies