forum

How long does skinning usually take?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KoharuHinata
How long *does* skinning usually take? I really want to try skinning, but I'm afraid that it'll take an enormous amount of time ://
-Chitose-
It can be 1 day,week or month depend how deep plus detail you wanna skinning the whole element and you need skill to make it more fast but usually the skin that being made less than 6 hour is mixed or just stretching image to make it fit the element so don't be rushed or it will have bad quality. And if you wanna make skin make sure it can be playable and have a good-looking
Lyawi
Depends on how much you're motivated. Just try it!
autoteleology
I'm currently working on a very in depth project that has taken a few months and it's fairly graphically simple. It all depends on how complex your project is and how much you care.
irrlux
The duration heavily relies on the tools and methods you are using + the complexity of the graphics and your experience (eg Talrava was done in 33 minutes feeding a renderer with scripts).
Noone will be able to tell you how long it'll take you. Give it a try, don't underestimate a lot of small steps.
crystalsuicune
It depends on a lot of things really.

How complex the graphics are,how much shit you're going to skin (ie whether you're finding your own sounds or whatever),
how motivated you are with the project,the list goes on.

But honestly it depends the most on when you -start- getting shit done instead of just sitting on ideas.
[/obviousjabatselfisobvious]