forum

I messed up. (Tendonitis Q)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dGeist
I messed up and played 5*, 6* and 7* maps like a madman.

Doc told me I have extensor tendonitis on 3 of my fingers based on his diagnosis.
Currently under anti-inflammation treatment and looking for a sling.
Does anyone know how long does it take for treatment back to normal without slings and if they do get back to normal, would you recommend going back to 1* and slowly progress upwards from there? BPM as well?
I Give Up
Just tap softly next time you can play.
StephOsu

dGeist wrote:

Doc told me I have extensor tendonitis on 3 of my fingers based on his diagnosis.
wait
3?
is it on your tapping hand or your aiming (mouse/tablet) hand?
if it's aiming hand, play lesser and easier maps and slowly build up your aim skill from there
if it's tapping hand,

I Give Up wrote:

Just tap softly next time you can play.
and/or play less
Kayy
Play less... You don't hear that very often on here.
ManuelOsuPlayer

dGeist wrote:

Currently under anti-inflammation treatment and looking for a sling.
Does anyone know how long does it take for treatment back to normal without slings and if they do get back to normal, would you recommend going back to 1* and slowly progress upwards from there? BPM as well?
Stop play for 3 or 4 months it's better than stop for life. If you want to keep playing use mouse click, relax mod and autopilot with right hand to don't lose skill.
As someone who spam >7* stream maps for long without breaks i can tell you that's not reasson to hurt yourself. My hands are totally fine and more sanity than without play the game, just make sure the possitionament and way to tap it's not going to keep hurting yourself and if you feel pain press scape.
Hope someone who had tendonitis and recover from it can give you usefull advices, you should explain and ask the doctor anyways if you can keep using the fingers in soft way to recover faster or you should 100% stop use them.
Fxjlk
Its good to also do eccentric, forearm, wrist and grip exercises as long as it is done properly and it doesn't aggravate your condition.
Yolshka
Same thing over here.
I had a pretty bad experience with doctors the last time.It was a really long and tedious process of figuring out that it was a simple inflammation.
That was a long ago though but it looks like it's here again and it's not welcome.
I'm doing the same treatment as the last time, (medicine, cream, exercise) for over a week now with no change at all.
I can tell you that it took me little over a month the last time to heal, and as you can see it's not completely gone, or at least it can renew pretty easily, because i didn't even play anything hard at all.But it might be different for you obviously.

So quitting for a while is the only way.
Well i guess it's a good thing that it doesn't really hurt when i'm not playing, but still... i want to play.
I'm pretty much on the edge of jumping online.
It's a pretty annoying thing, but good luck.
Topic Starter
dGeist

StephOsu wrote:

is it on your tapping hand or your aiming (mouse/tablet) hand?
Tapping hand. I used to be xz then i went zc a few months ago to improve my rhythm acc, thats why three fingers were affected instead of two.

Kajiin wrote:

Play less... You don't hear that very often on here.
Thats a first. I always receive the opposite from most of them. I thought that playing more will strengthen thy fingers. Seems like I overexerted it too much. :|
Topic Starter
dGeist

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

My hands are totally fine and more sanity than without play the game, just make sure the possitionament and way to tap it's not going to keep hurting yourself and if you feel pain press scape.

I was reading an rsi article from the forum. I find it pretty strange that the correct position is having yr hand in midair with yr tapping fingers on the keys...
(Been having my hand on the table since I started)

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Hope someone who had tendonitis and recover from it can give you usefull advices, you should explain and ask the doctor anyways if you can keep using the fingers in soft way to recover faster or you should 100% stop use them.
Doc gave an approx 9 weeks minimum assuming no movement & no curling. ( I always squeeze my hands tight after every game which he said may have contributed to it)
Topic Starter
dGeist

Yolshka wrote:

Same thing over here.
I had a pretty bad experience with doctors the last time.It was a really long and tedious process of figuring out that it was a simple inflammation.
That was a long ago though but it looks like it's here again and it's not welcome.
I'm doing the same treatment as the last time, (medicine, cream, exercise) for over a week now with no change at all.
I can tell you that it took me little over a month the last time to heal, and as you can see it's not completely gone, or at least it can renew pretty easily, because i didn't even play anything hard at all.But it might be different for you obviously.

So quitting for a while is the only way.
Well i guess it's a good thing that it doesn't really hurt when i'm not playing, but still... i want to play.
I'm pretty much on the edge of jumping online.
It's a pretty annoying thing, but good luck.
Thanks for the advice.That must really suck.
Similarly in my first week but currently overseas (regional diagnostic diff).
Some things I know for sure:
I cannot give a thumbs up properly without screaming. :o
My fingers tend to involutary 'tap' by itself at times without use or in midair ( a pretty bad sign )
-Makishima S-
After hand surgery I had over 6 months break.
ManuelOsuPlayer

dGeist wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

My hands are totally fine and more sanity than without play the game, just make sure the possitionament and way to tap it's not going to keep hurting yourself and if you feel pain press scape.

I was reading an rsi article from the forum. I find it pretty strange that the correct position is having yr hand in midair with yr tapping fingers on the keys...
(Been having my hand on the table since I started)

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Doc gave an approx 9 weeks minimum assuming no movement & no curling. ( I always squeeze my hands tight after every game which he said may have contributed to it)
I had no idea about that.I will change my way to tap then. Both ways are pretty similar. it's really good to know to prevent rsi.
I asked a doctor time ago If squeeze hands was negative and he said it wasn't. 9 Weeks isn't a lot. Take it easy when you back.

[Taiga] wrote:

That's a shit :S 6 Months it's a lot.
Can you play like before the surgery or you have to take care?
Topic Starter
dGeist
Oops, here again. Been out for a while.

[Taiga] wrote:

Oh dear. Sorry for that. I assume that it's carpal tunnel. (2 of my relatives have that now and are due for surgery)

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I had no idea about that.I will change my way to tap then. Both ways are pretty similar. it's really good to know to prevent rsi.
I asked a doctor time ago If squeeze hands was negative and he said it wasn't. 9 Weeks isn't a lot. Take it easy when you back.
I'm no doctor tho so I cant say if squeezing yr hands is actually positive or negative (The way I squeeze is more like a fist squeeze grip ,not a light one.) One thing I know is that it makes the pain much worse.
-Makishima S-

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

That's a shit :S 6 Months it's a lot.
Can you play like before the surgery or you have to take care?
Not anymore, need to care more about health, I had some piece of wood taken out of soft tissue (medically diagnosed as Unidentified foreign body in soft tissue of 4th finger, left hand).
ManuelOsuPlayer

[Taiga] wrote:

Not anymore, need to care more about health, I had some piece of wood taken out of soft tissue (medically diagnosed as Unidentified foreign body in soft tissue of 4th finger, left hand).
Ohh, how did wood get there? Working?
Maybe you can find a way to play without move any muscle related to the 4th finger, so you can play without fell hurt and taking care about your hand.
I hope the tissue regenerates 100%. Good luck man!