posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
my name is hi

F1r3tar wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

There's no shame in overwriteing your good acc score to become ming
Except it's not even close to MinG acc, it's just plain shit acc.
didn't know over 91% was "shit" but I mean... sure...
7ambda
just as i fucking say that

lmao

Topic Starter
my name is hi

F1r3tar wrote:

just as i fucking say that

lmao

What a shit acc
7ambda

Boaring wrote:

What a shit acc
technical jump streams aren't easy

but yeah, it's still shit acc
Topic Starter
my name is hi

F1r3tar wrote:

technical jump streams aren't easy
The map I was playing wasn't easy for me either...
StephOsu

Boaring wrote:

sure, but for a player with such a bad rank, my rank is pretty important for me and this really pisses me off!
no
please
no
rank does not matter especially at your level
rank only matters slightly when you are approaching the top
Topic Starter
my name is hi

StephOsu wrote:

no
please
no
rank does not matter especially at your level
rank only matters slightly when you are approaching the top
my rank and seeing myself improve are the only things keeping me playing as I said in another message.
So sure, I probably expressed myself badly. What I meant to say was that it was important for me because I know I'm at such a low level.
StephOsu

Boaring wrote:

my rank and seeing myself impro-
no
please stop thinking like that
ranks and improvements aren't related
it's all about beating your own scores and having fun that matters
pp will come naturally once you improve
but rank might stay stagnant since the community is improving along with you
if you were to think that ranking matters a lot, then you aren't going to enjoy this game for long
Topic Starter
my name is hi

StephOsu wrote:

no
please stop thinking like that
ranks and improvements aren't related
it's all about beating your own scores and having fun that matters
pp will come naturally once you improve
but rank might stay stagnant since the community is improving along with you
I understand that, but I've always played for ranks in every game I've played and it's just hard to get out of that mindset. I feel like even though my skills are getting better, if I don't get rank it doesn't matter... At least sometimes I do^^

Thank you though!
N0thingSpecial
Steph this is not exactly osu therapy session he can do as he like, he just need to know the consequences
Topic Starter
my name is hi
Don't worry I don't mind! You people have much more experience than me so I'll take any criticism/thing I can get!
Sandy Hoey
What the hell happened here... the problem was resolved 3 posts in. Now there are 2 pages
Topic Starter
my name is hi

Sandy Hoey wrote:

What the hell happened here... the problem was resolved 3 posts in. Now there are 2 pages
why not? It's technically still relevant!
StephOsu

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Steph this is not exactly osu therapy session he can do as he like, he just need to know the consequences
TIL osu therapy session is a thing
where do i get one

Sandy Hoey wrote:

post count farming
7ambda

N0thingSpecial wrote:

he'll learn that once he starts progressively decaying
Topic Starter
my name is hi
I'm here you know. I know I'm a male no need to remind me.
KupcaH

Boaring wrote:

It's just really annoying how I'm the only one of my friends playing so I literally only play to climb and get better, and that happened to me right when I was getting more confident in my capacities. Joy

I get what you're trying to get to though. Thanks for trying to cheer me up
You're improving
Don't care about rank
rank =/= skill
Topic Starter
my name is hi

KupcaH wrote:

Boaring wrote:

It's just really annoying how I'm the only one of my friends playing so I literally only play to climb and get better, and that happened to me right when I was getting more confident in my capacities. Joy

I get what you're trying to get to though. Thanks for trying to cheer me up
You're improving
Don't care about rank
rank =/= skill
Thanks I'll try ^^
StephOsu

KupcaH wrote:

Don't care about rank
rank =/= skill
im a living example of this phrase because most conventional rank 10k player can do something that I can't do aim-wise
because my aim is purely bullshit despite being 6.3k
i can get beaten up by rank 10k player on aim maps any day everyday
KupcaH
same
JeromeTT

Boaring wrote:

The map I was playing wasn't easy for me either...
Ok dad
mulraf
>91% = ming? fml

anyways. i bet you're gonna be at a state where that play wouldn't even have been in your top100 pp list someday if you just go on playing. so don't care about it too much :3
kai99
no i care about my own rank (more pp tho) and that's what's keeping me motivated to play more
yes i play for fun too but there are days i choose to farm pp and play less fun maps for myself so
rank is important, but not as important to get frustrated over with
have fun, play more
Fxjlk
There is not a single play I'm proud of.

Its not because they are not to a certain skill level or they are not perfect enough.

There is no single moment or mindset that defines me. No persona or achievement can reflect what I am.

There is no ego, no emotion, no right or wrong.

There is only being in itself.
Blackheart

Boaring wrote:

my rank and seeing myself improve are the only things keeping me playing as I said in another message.
So sure, I probably expressed myself badly. What I meant to say was that it was important for me because I know I'm at such a low level.

I'd suggest playing multiplayer, it's a great way to stop being overly focussed on rank and pp. It also doesn't allow certain bad habits such as replaying a map just because you break combo.
Valiente
It happened to me twice just today. I got a highscore on a map but my accuracy went from 98 to 95%~ and the PP i earned from that song went down from 188 to 173. Pretty much the same sh*t happened on a different map 15 mins later after that. I mean, i can see the point but don't get me wrong, i played that high PP play and i deserved what i got from it, lowering my PP isn't something i'll enjoy.
[3D] Anubis

Boaring wrote:

sure, but for a player with such a bad rank, my rank is pretty important for me and this really pisses me off!
One bad acc day made me lose over 1900 rank... 1 week of effort gone in 3 minutes
it takes you a week to get 1.9 k ranks?
Topic Starter
my name is hi
There's days where I got 10k ranks in a couple of maps and others where I barely got 100 after an hour of playtime. Last time I was at 121500 was 5 days before I lost 1.9k, yes it was a bad few days^^
[3D] Anubis
So I guess my rank is ok compared to the time I've been playing
kai99

[3D] Anubis wrote:

So I guess my rank is ok compared to the time I've been playing
i'd say average