forum

[Archived] anyone got this trouble

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zerozaber
when I play some song. i found out that my mouse is at the right end of the pad but the cursor is in the middle, so I must set it to center of the pad again every break. I can't play long and hard song like this.

I use deathadder 3500 righthand
boat
You're lifting the mouse. Try to get used to a higher dpi so that you don't have to lift it as much.

Or the sensor is skipping, and if that is the case, then you will just have to get a new mouse. Suit yourself for buying a piss product.
Gabi
Are you using mouse acceleration? if so that might be why.

If not, then try to increase your mouse sensetivity a bit, it's hard to get used to but better in the long run.
Kitsunemimi

Gabi wrote:

Are you using mouse acceleration? if so that might be why.
^ this.

Mouse acceleration will do this to you a lot. It's highly suggested that you play without mouse accel, because it makes jumps inconsistent, your net mouse position gets shifted, and spinning small is somewhat hard. I would know, because I'm one of the few people on osu! who's stupid enough to intentionally have mouse accel turned on (via mouse driver in fact; it's somewhat more intense mouse accel).

Basically, I'd advise you to turn off mouse accel, and try to get used to not using it. Go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options, and untick "Enhance pointer precision". If your mouse accel is actually driver controlled, then you'll have to mess with that in your own mouse driver settings. If you don't want to turn off mouse accel, then you better suck it up and get used to readjusting your mouse in the middle of playing, it can get pretty tough.
Topic Starter
zerozaber
already off

I am sure that I didn't lift mouse
[Sean]
Goto your control pannel, and select mouse.

In the pointer options, untick Enhanced Pointer Precision. This is where you move your mouse slow and you'll travel less distance on screen, with your mouse at that speed. When you go faster and do half the distance with you hand, the mouse actually does the same distance.

Turning this off gives you a window as your mouse becomes a real time response object. It will always move the same distance as your hand, depending on your sensitivity settings.

It WILL be annoying to get used to, but I guarentee you'll get better with it off.

Also, Mouse Accel is essentially another setting for your DPi, just more windows based. Using it sort of increases how much DPi you're actually getting. At least that's what I think. Mouse accel doesn't do the pointer precision.