forum

Switching to higher resolution monitor causes hand pain

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LimePixel
Of course, the bigger the resolution, the higher my mouse sensitivity needs to be in order to cover the whole area. But I experience hand pain even from just 5-10 minutes of playing. Could I get used to the change and would the pain stop then, or should I switch back to a lower resolution? (Current one is 1920x1080)
Edgar_Figaro
If your sensitivity is increased by the exact same percentage the resolution was increased by, there should be 0 change to your hand movements. I highly doubt the hand pain is coming from the change of resolution in the monitor. It's probably more from just playing too much and your hand needs a rest. Just try taking a week off and then come back to Osu and see if the pain is gone. Also try doing hand stretches and taking more frequent breaks while playing. Pain isn't normal and you could cause yourself lasting damage by just trying to play through it.
Topic Starter
LimePixel

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

If your sensitivity is increased by the exact same percentage the resolution was increased by, there should be 0 change to your hand movements. I highly doubt the hand pain is coming from the change of resolution in the monitor. It's probably more from just playing too much and your hand needs a rest. Just try taking a week off and then come back to Osu and see if the pain is gone. Also try doing hand stretches and taking more frequent breaks while playing. Pain isn't normal and you could cause yourself lasting damage by just trying to play through it.
I'm experimenting with higher sensitivity and it seems to be working, as in it takes longer for my hand to get tired and start to hurt. But yes, I need to take a break for a few days. Thanks for replying