forum

[duplicate] -Gender-

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +216
show more
uzzi

CDFA wrote:

I'd like to clear up the misconception that I'm a girl :P.
Until this is implemented, I'm just going to believe CDFA's a girl.

+1
emonite
People can lie about their gender so it ain't a difference in the first place, I'm male btw..there, mystery solved
Shohei Ohtani
People can always lie about their gender :P. Granted, people can lie about their age and location and lots of things >3< .Most people however would put the correct gender on it (or at least what gender that would like to be considered)
emonite

CDFA wrote:

People can always lie about their gender :P. Granted, people can lie about their age and location and lots of things >3< .Most people however would put the correct gender on it (or at least what gender that would like to be considered)
True, I doubt that this feature will be implemented though.
TheVileOne
Why not? Seriously I can't think of a reason why this isn't implemented.
emonite
Just my feelings...I mean if seriously considered, this "gender feature" would already been implemented a long time ago. Maybe peppy will prove me wrong, who knows?
Kurokami

CDFA wrote:

People can always lie about their gender :P.
So, you are free to lie too about your gender and maybe you are a girl. :3
/me runs

Anyways, my gender is already on my userpage so I don't think something will change it this gets implemented. Starless support.
Shohei Ohtani

Kurokami wrote:

CDFA wrote:

People can always lie about their gender :P.
So, you are free to lie too about your gender and maybe you are a girl. :3
/me runs

Who knows :P

Anyways, I have my gender in my userpage too, but it's be much more convenient on the userpage in an easily visible area o3o. Especially for those without userpages.
Onisakura
Support :3
Kemdo
Would be a fun feature but I am not going to support this because you are going to get loads of guys listing themselves as girls for the fun of it which kind of ruins the whole point of the feature so it's no starts from me ; ___ ; - Sorry ^^
Shohei Ohtani
I'm going to bump this to remind the world that we cannot progress forward as a society until this happens.
Coffee Hero
no please
FrzR
Trap Countermeasures. Support.
Rio-

Fr33z3R wrote:

Nyari

Fr33z3R wrote:

Stregan
I would totally set my gender to female too bad my name isn't girlish D: nah just kidding well the only problem is people will only mess it up
Seijiro
Well...it sure can avoid embarrassing situations like "are you a female, right?" (watching the user image). On the other hand I think it is nice to ask this kind of question to fortify the friendship. Obviously, you can't blindly believe someone you just met, but people which you speak with often.
MarioBound
So now no one can hide their penises from the Internet.
Yarissa
I'm pretty sure people could still lie about it anyways.
Stefan
^ the reason why this shouldn't and won't happen.
Espionage724
I see no harm in such a feature. If people want to lie, I guess that's on them, but I can only imagine a small amount of people doing this...

Should give an option to hide the gender from public though.
TakuMii
I've been in so many awkward situations regarding gender on #osu that I feel this is completely necessary. Here, have 8 stars.
it's like people don't know what rule 30 is
Coffee Hero

Espionage724 wrote:

I see no harm in such a feature. If people want to lie, I guess that's on them, but I can only imagine a small amount of people doing this...

You would just not put a gender.
Raging Bull
once its implemented, there's going to be a lot of girls playing osu! somehow.
silmarilen
as long as you can set it to not display gender i dont care
Birdy

silmarilen wrote:

as long as you can set it to not display gender i dont care
Serendipity

Espionage724 wrote:

That's an option i was looking for too when joining the osu!community a month ago.

I'd like to have the choice to display it or not.
GhostFrog
Wow, old thread.

I don't think this should be implemented even if it's optional. If a lot of people used it, it would create an environment in which genderclaiming is expected and I don't think that's something we should move towards in a game that's largely male and that encourages talking with other players. And there would probably be more guys listing their gender as female than girls listing their gender as female - you'd have a better shot at choosing correctly by assuming male than by trusting the player's listed gender.
Serendipity
Well, lying on gender either male/female, has nothing to do with the fact we could choose to display our gender.

You can talk with anybody logged on the game or forum and they can lie to you...

By the way, you have no idea about how many girls play this game and you should be surprised...

I don't say we should be forced to display our gender, just i'd like to have the choice to display it or not. Same as i have the choice to display my age.

Did i receive any message because i'm 26 ? no. Am i lying ? No but still i could be. Lot of people use it. Did we create an environment where age is the matter of everything? I don't think so. Actually im just glad to be able to see some teenagers like 16y old on the top of best players in the world. It would be the same for male/female display...
Voyen

Ijah_old wrote:

the user's username should be colour either pink or blue
pls no

generally don't think it's important, just write it in your userpage if you want people to know...
Shohei Ohtani
This better be added or im gonna make some shit memes.
sonniet
Tbh I don't find it that important. But I'm a girl and I've been mistaken for a guy before and it was kinda weird and awkward. Btw there are quite a lot of girls who play osu.

As someone said earlier u can just put it on your userpage but not everyone has one and in game it wouldn't be shown. I think it should be shown somewhere in game so it's easier to see
Karuta-_old_1

CDFA wrote:

I'm going to bump this to remind the world that we cannot progress forward as a society until this happens.
seconded
shioty
.-. You serious

In the side of your profile you can add it to age like

Example :
12/Boy/bablalbalbal
Conor