placeholder, hit me up if i dont put a mod here by tomorrow night
hey, from my Q
I'm still fairly new to modding higher difficulties although I have done a few, so sorry if my mod is a bit opinionated and subjective at times.[General]
- Your BPM at the start is a bit odd. You've tried too hard to time the strings even though they're not leading the beats, it's the bell things (idk what they're called).. Anyway, I found it sounded better at 80bpm at the beginning with roughly 935 as the offset. Then, 135bpm at roughly 16,960 offset. Since it's GoldenWolf that timed the song I won't pronounce myself on that, but I'm pretty confiant with his timing so I will just poke him about that. Also, I want to follow violins here, it's clearly what the player will hear the most, and I think it's the leading sound of this part.[Cursed Reincarnation]
- 00:15:165 (1,2,3,4) - I don't think this part compliments the part 00:15:726 (1,2) well, because you'd expect a more speedy transition, and the stacks kind of mislead the user. What I mean by this is that you've stacked two on 1/4 then made 00:15:389 (3,4) - spaced. Feels kind of odd especially with the buildup into a 1/2. Well if I wanted to reprensent this part how I hear it, it would be a 1 (23) 4 pattern, with 2 and 3 stacked, but since it's unplayable I made it this way. Still think it reprensent well the part, and if it would be "missleading", the player would just restart at this point...
- 00:17:295 (2,3,4,2,3) - I believe you should keep the same rhythm types on these parts for a better consistency leading into the heavier part of the song. Would be very boring. Since there are 3-4 rythmical patterns, it's just a mix up of representing the same rythm differently.
- 00:28:295 (3,1) - Maybe consider blanketing here for a slightly better aesthetic? It's not mean to be a blanket at all :/
- 00:30:295 (8,9,1) - I think you can make a better circular flow which would match the style you're mapping potentially better as well as reinforcing fluid cursor movement, maybe try something like this: I never use circularflow in this part of the song, each time this part happen in the song.
I want it to not be like the other parts since the cymbal does (hit blank hit), so I try to follow that
- 01:00:961 (1,1) - Nazi blanket Fixed
- 01:03:615 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - I feel you could make a more coherent and crisp pattern here, right now it doesn't feel like it holds much character the way it is,maybe try something like this: Your proposition is just not following my thought about this part of the song. I want it to looks how I did it,
and it's totally subjectiv at this point
- 01:07:171 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - ^ ^
- 01:37:406 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - Whilst being comfortable and nice to hit, just like above I don't feel they have any synergy with eachother or your style of mapping (I personally believe from what I see you excel at mapping neatly) and I believe that giving actual shapes to these jumps would make a nicer overall look for the player. Meant to be this way. I want those jumps to not have polygonal jumps since those jumps cover a triplet snare part in the song, remembering like a military rhythm. Those snare aren't the most regular sounds and I want the jumps to represent that.
- 01:53:184 (2,6) - Potential stack? It would make that harder to read without no reason. Also, I don't stack this kind of things during the whole map
- 02:13:184 (1) - This wave slider is inconsistent as the curve at the end is way more subtle than the curve at the beginning, making the end curve more pronounced would fix this and create a good opportunity to blanket 02:13:739 (2,1) inside said curve. You are true, this curve wasn't really well made, changed
- 02:17:850 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Perhaps make this a perfect star for the same reasons as above about synergy and whatnot same, I want to represent the snare sound by "unstructure" here
- 02:25:389 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Same as 01:03:615 (1,2,1,2,1,2) . same
- 02:39:517 - Add a note, there is quite a strong emphasis with vocals here and the spacing is also a bit inconsistent around this part with 02:39:628 (2,3) being spaced further away whilst being a 1/4. but this part is mapped to drums
- 03:00:961 (1,2,3,4) - I think this works and looks better as a cross square jump, as shown: same, snare thing
- 03:02:147 (3) - x:416 y:88 so it's central in the previous two notes, again just my aesthetic-based opinion Here, the note is more approched from the 2 than the 1 since it's a kick resouning behind this note, being less powerful than a snare
Might as well stop here, since I will be repeating a lot of the same suggestions. Basically just focus on the shapes and patterns you're making I believe your map will heavily benefit if you use more precise and coherent shapes in your jump that work well with eachother. Remember to take in vocal and music emphasis as well so you're not over/under mapping and part! Well, most of the things you said were meant to be this way. If you want to see a more visually structured map by me to prove that everything in this map is choice and not incapacity, here's a map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/665744
Really fun map, would love to see this get ranked and your hitsounds are great! Thx dude