1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Beatmap Graveyard
show more
posted

Okorin wrote:

@whoever else is looking at it if all you can do is memeing or shitposting on here keep out

im not warning twice
thanks, Okorin.
posted
quick little thing (this isn't a joke I swear)

how come the kiai doesn't start at 03:07:512 but instead starts at 03:08:957? It looks a little off to me..
posted
Hello, I'd like to say some things about this map's timing and some structure. Since I'm not a STD mapper I can't know the STD mapping structure but I can still hear the sounds, and the points I'll mention are about this mainly.

[Timing]

02:10:627 - 02:39:071 - Those two sections are the same based on the melody. (For 2nd point) If you delete the middle red timing points on that spot, you will see it will fit the section. Those points you put on this kiai are excessive, it's simple 4/4 over there.

03:07:512 - About the timing, same goes on here, also you forgot to open the kiai like you did on 02:39:071 but i don't know if it's important for a STD map. If it is, add one here as well to maintain consistency.

[Purgatory]

Like I said, I don't know the main components about this map, so I will suggest adding or deleting notes by sounds of the song.

01:33:127 - I can hear a drum note 01:33:071 (5,6,7) - like this so I believe you can add one to a proper spot if there is one.

01:34:349 (4,4) - Those two don't have drum sounds. Deleting them will be good.

03:24:566 (4,4) - ^

03:51:235 (4,4) - ^

03:57:957 - I'm definitely sure that you are following drums and they are in 1/3, not 1/4. You can change it with a reversable 1/3 slider (don't know the definition on std mods but i'm talking about sliders with reverse arrow) or 1/3 four notes.

04:04:846 - ^

04:07:735 - This is also in 1/3, not 1/4.

I don't know if it helps you, but I've tried my best as a noob STD mapper, if you decline all of them I'll understand. However, the timing part that I've mentioned about is accurate I think. I didn't want to say these after it gets qualified, and I really like to see a RoS song ranked. The map looks smooth, but there can be some edit about them (I think) to improve this map even further. Good luck on the ranking way!
posted
bro

edit: wait, my download is too slow, not sure if there's a long slider at the end
posted

F1r3tar wrote:

bro

The webiste doesn't include drain time of the last object. Im guessing you know this applies to spinners but it also applies to sliders as well

[map]
00:49:725 (1,2,1,2) - I'm not a top player and I won't be playing this map but the perfect stack of 00:49:845 (2,2) feels like it could be misread

My biggest problem with the map are patterns like 00:55:965 (1,2,3). This is suppose to be a really intense map yet these patterns aer so underwhelming. I'm guessing it's suppose to create a nice break in between the streams but it's just too meh for a map of this high SR. Both the rhythm and spacing is underwhelming when I feel like it should be "at least" 1 or the other. imho I feel like you should up the spacing of these patterns or use a rhythm with increased desnity like this https://snag.gy/BaiJZ1.jpg
[]
PS this isn't part of our m4m, I just came to look at it after I saw Kurai bubble it

frukoyurdakul wrote:

Hello, I'd like to say some things about this map's timing and some structure. Since I'm not a STD mapper I can't know the STD mapping structure but I can still hear the sounds
Just because a sound exists doesn't mean you have to map it. It's all about whether it's appropriate and fitting with the overall rhythm (which is why you have skipped sounds in lower diffs). Having said this I didn't actually look at your individual points but still felt the need to point this out, because you know, reasons
posted
flow is practically non-existent at this point

"high bpm" or "high sr" isn't an excuse to ignore fundamental mapping practices
posted
i guess kurai got his pizza lmao
posted
04:07:513 (1) - is it just me or does this part and beyond sound offtimed ?
posted
R.I.P. ohori : (

Hello there!

No kudos please, just giving you 3 tips. Consider this as a bubble pop even though I cannot pop anymore :(

1) Your overall hitsounding is seriously bad. For example, normal-hitnormal landing on slidertails is extremely annoying. Super annoying actually. There's no audible beat on many of the beats that land on tails from this 02:37:960 - timestamp onwards. Especially during the guitar parts, it makes it super tedious to play.

2) 04:18:179 - 10% volume means there's no feedback. And no feedback is no good. Is actually so "not good" that is not allowed by the RC, so you might wanna bump that volume all the way up to, at least, 35%~ volume.

3) Regarding hitsound, again, for guitar and calm sounds, you are better off using the "soft" sampleset instead of the "normal" one. The usage of the same sampleset throughout two different entire sections gives a very different feedback to the player that what you actually want to achieve.

(Also, 04:07:735 - yes, this is 1/3).

Good luck with further processing!
posted
I must write something nonsense here before ranking :v
posted
Keep the thread clean and everybody will be safe !
posted

Yuii- wrote:

2) 04:18:179 - 10% volume means there's no feedback. And no feedback is no good. Is actually so "not good" that is not allowed by the RC, so you might wanna bump that volume all the way up to, at least, 35%~ volume.
It's actually audible. You can clearly hear a buzzing sound from the soft hitsound set.

Popping this for now until issues are solved.

Also, just reiterating Okorin's warning: only post here if you are willing to contribute positively, anything futile will be removed.
posted

Kurai wrote:

Yuii- wrote:

It's actually audible. You can clearly hear a buzzing sound from the soft hitsound set.

Popping this for now until issues are solved.
Good idea, I'll rework a couple of unnecessarily controversial patterns and I believe it's good to go again.
posted
Stream starting at 04:18:179 (1) - seems very overmapped and unfitting for the background noise, considering it's not properly audible even at 25% speed
posted
03:57:957 (1,2,3,4,5) - 1/3 instead of 1/4 pls
posted
  1. 01:59:515 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Low spacing and claps; is that intentional?
  2. 02:29:738 (1) - At this speed, it's hard to initially see where the head is. You should offset it a bit or Ctrl+g to make it more obvious.
  3. 03:08:957 (1,2) - What's with the large reduction in sv? I know these drums aren't as strong as 03:08:734 (2) - 03:10:400 (1,1,1), but .5x difference feels too drastic for only a small contrast in the overall strength of said drums. Plus, low sv on these sliders doesn't create a nice transition into the jumps that immediately follow after.
posted
Ok so, I have some serious concerns about how its concepts, visuals, patterns and ideas are really similar in their core from mazzerin's map. There are some differences though, as you did map it by yourself and didn't straight out copy/pasted.

Here are some examples (and mazzerin's map for comparison) :

01:35:071 (1) -

vs

And the stream following it.

01:55:515 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) -

vs

Not the flow, but the way you completely ignored the blasting 1/4s.

02:10:627 (1) - vs 00:40:435 (1) -
Kinda lazy to screen both entire kiais, but the way the streams are shaped, how they flow and their relative spacing are really similar aswell.

02:53:290 (1) - vs 01:23:101 (1) -
This one is identical but understandable, it really does fit well and no other option I can think of fit as well.

03:32:400 (1) - vs 02:02:212 (1) -
Again, how the relative spacing and shaping is done.

04:18:179 (1) - 02:47:990 (1) -
Uncanny similarities.

Those are only some examples, it isn't an exhaustive list. Overall, not straight copy/pasting, but it certainly does feel like it's more than simple inspiration. On some parts, the similarities are uncanny. The overall feeling of the flow, concepts, patterns and visuals seem too similar to be only inspiration. You may not realize yourself, but it is how it feels.

You don't necessarily have to make everything different, but there are many more ways to map the song while still following and fitting it in its intensity.
posted
did this actually get bubbled and popped

we will have 10* maps ranked soon
posted
So many "pls no drama" posts in this thread since page 1 w

* Can confirm what GranDSenpai said; only 4 drum sounds first one being on start of measure and the last one being on the next measure so go for 1/3. Turn off hitsounds; might have similar mistakes elsewhere.

Zeptaxis wrote:

Stream starting at 04:18:179 (1) - seems very overmapped and unfitting for the background noise, considering it's not properly audible even at 25% speed
Disagree if your argument is only the music not being properly audible.
The sound mixing for the first measures of this segment does start about 80/20 L/R volume-wise so check your headset if you're barely hearing anything but it's hard to miss, esp with the different melody on each sides. If you're against streams echoing reverb effects (which is why there's a stream here in both Mazz's and this guy's map) that's something I'm not getting involved with. It's audible unlike what you've stated though.

Mapwise it's great to look at and as GW said it really does resemble Mazz's while looking easier and keeping the same star rating, but if the man himself doesn't mind (posted page 2) then eh who cares, original takes the cake for the fave parts of Senseless Massacre.
posted
Most mappers basically got started "Copy pasting" the style of other mappers, and because someone does something similar it and it's on the same song, the map is un-rankable? Lord almighty.

Trying to deliberately change your map so its not similar to another map is insane to me, there can exist two maps that are similar, and there's no problem with it. It's not stealing.
show more