forum

Suddenly loss the ability to read AR lower than 9.5

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Domo3311
So i tried to change skins a week ago and using very bright hit circles and a very bright cursor ( old skin had faded/dim cursor and hit circles) abd ever since then my reading has totally went downhill. So i changed to my original skin and now my reading seems to have been permanently damaged (played for about a week after changing skins). I can no longer play any maps that are around AR 9.3 and below. I try maps that i recently passed around that AR and i either do horrribly worse or i just can't pass the map anymore.

Do I try to play low AR maps and regain my reading (been doing for a week and no progress, just stressing me out) or should i play HR? Most maps that are high AR are relatively high in difficulty so i don't want to just play high star songs. I have been having decent success with reading HR and hitting more notes than i would with "low" AR (minus the acc ofcourse my UR is bad but I can't really do anything about that. What do you guys suggest that I do?

TL:DR I cant read ARs that are lower than 9.5 pls help what should I do. I used to be able to read that AR like 1-2 weeks ago.
winber1
DOMO ARIGATOU THIICC-CHAN
StephOsu
uh..
start from AR9.5 and work downwards from there?
KupcaH
play more low AR?
Topic Starter
Domo3311

StephOsu wrote:

uh..
start from AR9.5 and work downwards from there?
The problem is that there are 2 scenarios when i'm plying maps either i get 0-5 misses or i get like 20+ misses on a song (thats when i can't read it) there isnt really a scenario where I can kind of read it but do relatively well. Its either go big or go home( in terms of reading). Atleast thats how i think it is for me right now . Should i suck it up and plow through?
StephOsu
play anything within AR9~AR9.5 until you can finally read them comfortably, and then go down further on the AR value if you desire to do so
you may play AR9.5+ from time to time but if you want to regain your ability to play anything below AR9.5 quick then you need to focus on fixing it
just play more tbh
Deva
When you get a lot of misses on a relatively easy map it's because your hand coordination is shit and your hands are out of sync.
Rather than playing lower AR I'd go and play easier maps until I stop missing as much on them and then go up in difficulty.
ManuelOsuPlayer
I had same problem long time ago.
Start playing 1* songs until SS and up slowly.
StephOsu

HK_ wrote:

When you get a lot of misses on a relatively easy map it's because your hand coordination is shit and your hands are out of sync.
Rather than playing lower AR I'd go and play easier maps until I stop missing as much on them and then go up in difficulty.
this guy has a point, but then easier maps are usually not AR9.5+ anyways (unless you HR it of course)
PinkNightmares
Play more. You don't suddenly lose the ability to read a certain AR.
Topic Starter
Domo3311

B1oody wrote:

Play more. You don't suddenly lose the ability to read a certain AR.
Well it happened. It was loss due to the skin change. I can't read more than 1 skin at a time and it was a transition from a skin that i've read for over a year.

As for everyone else thanks for the feedback :] I guess i'll keep trying to play those AR maps that i can barely read to try and get back my reading,
Skidayo
1. memorize one ar 9.5 beatmap and fc it.
2. now you can read ar 9.5
KupcaH

Skidayo wrote:

1. memorize one ar 9.5 beatmap and fc it.
2. now you can read ar 9.5
what
The Gambler
Oh boy.

You haven't gotten to the point where AR10 is your only option... Them HR nightmares
2xExp
Try playing lower AR songs with variable patterns might be helpful.

Dopamine on Kotori's difficulty, Chinese Restaurant (Spicy or Kloyd's), Acid Burst (hollowversible's)....etc

I personally found practicing rather older, high bpm style maps on low ARs helped me a lot in general reading <9.5
Aegyo

The Gambler wrote:

Oh boy.

You haven't gotten to the point where AR10 is your only option... Them HR nightmares
There is still hope
I went from being only able to play AR10 edits to no mod FCs
B1rd

winber1 wrote:

DOMO ARIGATOU THIICC-CHAN
*doumo
Aegyo
T h i c c t h i g h s
Descend
Practise on 2* maps with low ar xd
Celine
Ple old meps pp mapz r bed heuheuheu