forum

That Hp Drain Tho

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Flubar009
First off to predict comments: I know you are better than me, good job. I know I need to get better that's what I'm trying to do.

So as a fairly new player to Osu I'm just beginning to reach into 3-3.7 star songs and obviously getting my ass kicked by the difficulty jump, streams, ect but the biggest issue I've been having is Hp Drain. I get going into a song and get a few 100s but without missing I sometimes fail due to the drain, I know this is a feature telling me that I fucked up a bunch but is there any way to disable it while I get used to these new things other than no fail? Sometimes its fine that if all I'm hitting are 50s or 100s but then there are other songs that 2 or 3 50s in a stream will fail me out and its extremely frustrating. Any tips would be appreciated too!

Thanks!
Sandy Hoey
This forum is for non-osu! topics only. This is much better suited for the G&R forum.

The problem is probably the accumulation of lots of 100 and 50 if you really are not missing any notes. Your hp only goes up quickly if you are completing combos and getting 300. Its just something you work through as you play more
Topic Starter
Flubar009
Oh sorry my bad, Ill move it over once I figure out how lol
Sandy Hoey
You cant move it, a mod will do that
KupcaH
No, there's no way to "disable" it. Get good accuracy and you won't die, so basically play more.
Also, I would suggest to not jump on maps where you "die" without missing. Play easier maps which you can acc.
Deva

KupcaH wrote:

No, there's no way to "disable" it. Get good accuracy and you won't die, so basically play more.
Also, I would suggest to not jump on maps where you "die" without missing. Play easier maps which you can acc.
to sum it up:
git gud scrub
StephOsu
wait which map are you talking about
i can't see that happening in most of the 3*~3.7* unless you are getting no 300s at all
heck it's possible to pass most 3*~3.7* without having any 300s as long as you don't miss and you don't get too much 50
Yoppi
Yeah, I think you might be playing maps that are too difficult for you if you are consistently "dying" on no-mod (HardRock is a different story).

Learn to tap in rhythm. The only way this is not going to happen is to improve your accuracy. If there are parts of a map which are noticeably difficult for you to survive, you can always go into the map editor and take a look at the patterns/notes.
johnmedina999
HP drain is annoying >:(
Edgar_Figaro
I feel like unless the maps are badly balanced at that difficulty generally you can survive with really bad ACC. What will tank your HP bar quickly other than misses is by not completing sliders. This will result in a 100 and missing out on one combo but not net a combo break noise. It also causes HP drain like a miss would so missing too many slider ends will cause a failure as well.
I Give Up
hp drain in 2k17 LUL