forum

osu!idol 2017 FINALS [RESULTS]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kyonko Hizara

Stage 2 submissions are now closed!

Thank you everyone that was able to submit!

Now we enter the judging phase.
Results will be posted in the discord server as soon as they are done! Should only be a few days before they are out.
Topic Starter
Flanster

And Stage 2 Results are live!

Since there was a tie at the end, 12 people will advance further, congrats!

Check results here!
Pachiru
Gogogogo Thievley!!
Topic Starter
Flanster

It is time for Stage 3: ROCK

You went through stages with slow songs and acapella, how about something a bit different? This will determine who will go on to the finals so do your very best peeps to reach the TOP 3.

Deadline is Friday, October 13th, 23:59:59 GMT+0
Countdown timer
Submission form
Kyonko Hizara

Stage 3 submissions are now closed!

Thank you to everyone who was able to participate!

Time to judge. Should be no more than a few days. Please make sure to check the discord or the thread to know when results are ready!
Kyonko Hizara

Stage 3 results are out!

Congrats to the top 3, who will be advancing to the final round! Our top 3 this year are:

Thievley
Will Stetson
Renril

Check results here!
Topic Starter
Flanster
We'll give our finalists 2 weeks or so to get a good entry in for the finals. Watch out for announcement and community voting soon™
Topic Starter
Flanster

Community voting is now open!

It's time to decide who will be the osu!idol for 2017. Click moi.
Bargeld
Ikanaide really doesn't do Will Stetson any justice, dud should've legit used his Hime Hime swing thingy instead.
combogamer
They are all amazing entries.
Cant wait to see the results. I gave my vote to Thievley btw her voice is amazing
Humb0ldt
I voted for Renril, singing at that speed with that stamina requires real talent.
bratan
Total noob here but I actually took the time to listen to all of these entries for several times and I still can't decide whos the best, it's insanely difficult. Will sounds like a professional, the producing quality is great, and the voice is totally on point. Thievley and Renril both can't match that quality but Renril sings at an enormous speed, must be such a difficult song to cover (would love that song as a beatmap btw.) and Thievley gets props from me just for picking an English song, that's brave. Not to mention the great voice, of course.

It's a pain in the ass, someone help me?
bnuy
pls someone make a beatmap off Renril - Rinne Tensei, its awesome *-*
Will Stetson
I might map Renril's cover tbh.

Good luck to all entries! c;
[ Pingu ]
o shit i really love thievley's cover
Minegamezz
did they compose the songs themselves?
Topic Starter
Flanster

Minegamezz wrote:

did they compose the songs themselves?

They're covers duh..
ThatTromboneGuy
Go Will!! <3
Chez
It's honestly really tough to vote. I love all of these covers in one way or another. Send help.
Maqnuz
Granted I don't usually like Will Stetson's covers, this one was pretty good.
Chez
You know what. I'll just vote for Thiev. I'm flip flopping all over the god damn place and I don't really feel right for any decision. But my first decision was Thiev and my "gut" is more likely to be right about the first choice. I feel like she wins here.

Kill me please. This hurts.
Tanomoshii Nekojou
Renril oWo
Xandaros
I voted for Will. I listened to his earlier entries and was actually really surprised at how much praise he got. I really wasn't that big of a fan of those, but I really like his rendition of Ikanaide.

Renril's Rinne Tensei was really good, as well, but I had trouble actually understanding her. This is probably due to the loud background music and the speed of the song, but it is what it is.

Side Note: I really wished you could seek when listening to the music. At times I wanted to listen to a particular section again, but couldn't without listening to it from the beginning.

Edit: A friend of mine pointed out that Ikanaide and Rinne Tensei might be edited and I think he's right. With Ikanaide it's a bit more subtle, but you can clearly hear some reverb in the latter sections.
Chez
Lmao, I could tell that Will's was the most mixed but Renril's is a bit more saturated I would say just because of how active the instrumental is. Thiev has little or no mixing.

Oh and mixing and editing has been allowed in Finals for some reason.
ThatTromboneGuy

friesguy5467 wrote:

Lmao, I could tell that Will's was the most mixed but Renril's is a bit more saturated I would say just because of how active the instrumental is. Thiev has little or no mixing.

Oh and mixing and editing has been allowed in Finals for some reason.

Yes, mixing and editing was allowed in the finals (although heavy use of autotune was very discouraged). If there was no mixing allowed they would sound very amateur and just overall low quality. Mixing makes it so that the songs sound like something you would actually want to listen to instead of just karaoke.
Infinitstart
Thiev's song can be a little bit better. It feels like listening to the recording room-version(without mixing) of the artist singing. The vocal is way too sharp, it can be a little bit more subtle, due to the song's music style, which is acoustic. Also the singing is slightly too fast. The balance of the volume of the vocal and the volume of the music is a little bit outbalanced, which the volume of the vocal is louder than the music volume.

Renril's song is pretty GOOD *weebmemes intensifies*. The mixing is nice too. The song is maybe a bit loud, it covers the vocals in some parts. Props to nice Japanese pronounciation.
The initial vocal sounds is pretty good, it reminds me of LiSA's voice. But then the stamina got decreased after like 5 seconds. Then I listen to the song again and again, there is some fluctuation in the power of the voice as of unavoidable human error. The part with crazy vocals effect of making it feels a little quiet, it uuuuh...covers your voice a bit. Everything else PRETTY GOOD *IDubbzTV intensifies*.

Now, Will, Yours' good too. The mixing is VERY NICE *pewdeepye intensifies*. The B,V,O,-ch- sounds is a little bit wide. Also a little 【行かないで】is a nice touch but a bit too fast.

I do vote vote Renril's tho. #osuidolfinalé

----------------As by any means, I'm not able to sing as good as that ever.------------------
I do like all of the entries. 'Cause I'm bad at singing. Haha!!
Ephemeral
Being a largely uninvolved observer of the whole thing, I was absolutely blown away by Will Stetson's cover and voted for it pretty much immediately.
Myoui
i actually hard a hard time deciding on who to vote > w <
Glasses
#TeamStetson

His cover really hit me right in the feels
DeletedUser_5516553
"Will or Renril"
Hardest choice in life for sure.
(Not saying that Thievley's one is bad, it's actually pretty good! uwu)
Kazaze
Thank you very much Thievley for singing in english, you have my vote.
AngelNamirin
Renril best girl
or Will Stetson :thinking:
rabbet
Also, my opinion :
Thievley -> The music were pretty cool, chill and relax *o*. The voice too, really cute and the accent is perfect ! But maybe, some times, the voice wasn't really good with the song. The high notes, the most. I think another type of music will be perfect, more "hardcore" i don't really know ^^. But really cool, continue like that :p !

Renril -> Just OMFG. The song is totally awesome, I REALLY like this type of music ! And your accent *o*. I'm in love with you... This could be an anime opening ! Just some times it's like Thievley... But rarelly. Your voice give me many feelings, and many chills. Per-fect !

Will Stetson -> THIS.VOICE.OMG !! I'm in love too ! And the song relax + your voice : Perfect match *o*. I could listen to this when i'll be in the car, or to sleep. Just perfect too ! I don't know what to say, the feelings that you give me, i like that *o* Juste ONE LITTLE THINGS : I think that if you'll try a little bit more rock's song, that would be SDFUBDGUIG in my brain XD

Also, i'm not a pro in music, or anything, that's just MY opinion. But, I'll vote for Renril.
-The voice, which is beautiful asf
-The song, I'm in love with those type of song
-The feelings, and THE CHILLS that you gave me *o*

2nd = Will Stetson.
-The voice, really beautiful and so cool
-The song, maybe too relax for me ? XD
-The feelings, with your voice, really cool

3rd = Thievley.
-The voice, SO CUUUUUUUUUUTE <3
-The song, maybe too relax for me too ? XD
-The feelings, I had some, but not enough for me to choose you. Sorry, but continue like that !

But you'r all awesome, continue like that, I love you all !
GingerChips

Ephemeral wrote:

Being a largely uninvolved observer of the whole thing, I was absolutely blown away by Will Stetson's cover.
Same. He sounds really good, and he also sounds like the vocalist of Radwimps :)
But honestly all three of them really did well! This is such a tough choice for me ><
Mayuzumi Sayaka
will stetson ofc
DarthSkrill
Is it wrong to vote based on others' analyses? uwu
FlyMegumin
(/*_*)/ hype
Chez

DarthSkrill wrote:

Is it wrong to vote based on others' analyses? uwu

Not at all. It helps to formulate your opinion after hearing others' although it's best to keep your own tastes and deductions in mind.
Thievley
Oh my... Thanks to everyone who commented about my submission, all the feedback is much appreciated and I hope to improve a lot more in the future! Renril and Will are literally so talented, even I'm having a hard time choosing between them. Also, I second mapping Renril's submission wink
MakotoHikomura
Its to Hard to Pick one of them
show more