forum

Healing Touch Mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kasada
Couldn't really come up with an original name, but whatever.

This, essentially, is like the Trauma Center counterpart. At any time during the map if you have this on, you can activate it by pressing whatever button/key. Then, for a certain amount of time, the map would go down to about Half-Time speed. This way, if you can nail most of a map but one part trips you up ALL THE TIME, then you can use this. Also, when the slow down has reached it's time limit, I don't think it should be an instant transition, as that would probably throw you off guard and break your combo anyway. There are two things I can think of to counter an instant transition. One could be to accelerando back into the normal speed. The other would be to base the length of the effect on the number of combos it's used for. Then, a ticker that shows how many more combos the effect will last for could be implemented. I think the score multiplier shouldn't be too low if this is implemented, as it doesn't help you the whole map. I think around 80-90% would be good, but hey, whatever ya'll think is best.
ash
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
fdtoonsman
That could actually be cool.

Suggestions:
-If it's used and actually called "healing touch" a star should appear "drawn" on the screen just to make it all themed
-Maybe the amount of time for it could be based on the difficulty of the song? So an Intense song could make it last 10 seconds or so, while an Easy song 30-35.
-A suggestion for a reduction could be 0.80, sounds fair for a mod that only lasts a tid bit of the song

Anyway, this sounds like a fair and maybe even easy to implement mod. But what button could one use for it?
I was thinking that instead of a button to press, maybe the song could automatically trigger it when your lifebar is going down? I doubt this would work as well as the original idea, but seriously, what button could be used to trigger this?
James
Topic Starter
Kasada

fdtoonsman wrote:

what button could be used to trigger this?
The best idea for the key would be space bar. Keys are rebindable though, so it could be changed to meet personal preference.

Download: Kotobuki Minako - Dear My Keys ~Kenban no Mahou~ (poisonn) [lufi10's waifu].osu
fdtoonsman

James wrote:

multiplayer power up
but it could be usefull in 1P mode
peppy
Changing the speed of the song mid-game has qutie a few implications - mainly that replay structure will need to change to support the action. This does sound like an interesting concept, but it would be best saved for multiplayer I believe (as has already been said a few times).
ThePassingShadow

peppy wrote:

Changing the speed of the song mid-game has qutie a few implications - mainly that replay structure will need to change to support the action. This does sound like an interesting concept, but it would be best saved for multiplayer I believe (as has already been said a few times).
I agree. Silly idea for single player, in my opinion.