forum

Skin Checker

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Roan

Skin Checker

Update note: There is now also an editor for all the skin.ini options

So a little while ago I was asked to write a program to show what files were missing in a skin.
And now I'm finally done :D

The program looks like this:

It is a simple program that shows you which elements of your skin are skinned and which elements are not. It also shows if there's an SD/HD image in the skin for each element or not. For files that can be animated it also shows whether or not they are animated and if they are how many frames the animation consists of. Lastly, it also reports a missing skin.ini file and will read and use custom paths from the skin.ini if they exist. The program also includes an editor for the skin.ini.

Well I hope some of you find this program useful :)
And if you find any bugs feel free to report them (spelling mistakes included :3).

Downloads

(Java 8 required, should run on any OS)
Windows executable
Runnable Java Archive

All releases: link
GitHub repository: SkinChecker
Lyawi
This is cool, now I just can check what I missed to skin. Good job!
Gonna check it later~
Topic Starter
Roan

Lyawi wrote:

This is cool, now I just can check what I missed to skin. Good job!
Gonna check it later~
You're welcome :)
Lyawi

I noticed that those marked key sounds are written wrong, that's why it shows me that I don't have them. You just forgot to put the minus before the number. x)
If I should find more, I will report it here. Gonna work with your program to finish my skin.
Topic Starter
Roan

Lyawi wrote:

I noticed that those marked key sounds are written wrong, that's why it shows me that I don't have them. You just forgot to put the minus before the number. x)
Thank you for spotting that :)
There's a preatty high probability that I might've made more typo's like that though >_<
I'll upload an update in a couple of minutes ^^

Edit
I've uploaded a new version with the typo fixed (v1.1) ^^
Thanks for using the program :)
Geroyuni
Nice useful program. Would recommend if you can easily implement it to replace the current layout of the folder selection window with this one (because navigation pane, address bar, common and most user friendly layout).

I searched for other typos and found only selection-mod-fadein. Also noticed that the 1.1 file says I'm running 1.0 in the bottom right
Topic Starter
Roan

Geroyuni wrote:

Nice useful program. Would recommend if you can easily implement it to replace the current layout of the folder selection window with this one (because navigation pane, address bar, common and most user friendly layout).

I searched for other typos and found only selection-mod-fadein. Also noticed that the 1.1 file says I'm running 1.0 in the bottom right
Thank you ^^

Unfortunatally it doesn't look like I can change the file selection dialog :/ the funtionality is simply missing for some reason. I could try some hacky work arounds but that would probably add more overhead and impact the performance. I might look into it later though.

Also thank you for finding that typo ^^. And it seems I forgot to increase the version number so I'll fix that aswell.

The fixes are relatively easy, but I'm on some terrible internet right now so I have no idea when I'll actually be able to publish a new version :o

Edit
Managed to fix the typo and upload a release (v1.2) :)
Topic Starter
Roan

Relase notes for v1.3

- Change Grade Letters to Ranking Letters.
- List the HD column as N/A for single type images.
- Add an option to write the file list to file.
- Fix a bug that causes custom paths to not work correctly.
- Fix the recheck command not working properly.
- Fix loading a new single preserving old values.
- Add a tab that list foreign files in the skin.
- Add a filter option to ignore a missing SD image when a HD image exists.

Release notes for v1.4

- Fix the program assuming menu, pause and fail background are SD only images.
- Fix a typo.
- Improve some grammar.
Tanomoshii Nekojou
wow. this is very useful. Thank you very much for making this! :D
edit: i just noticed on my end that your program don't work if i move/copy it on a external drive... :3
Topic Starter
Roan

Tanomoshii Nekojou wrote:

wow. this is very useful. Thank you very much for making this! :D
edit: i just noticed on my end that your program don't work if i move/copy it on a external drive... :3

Thanks ^^

It should be possible to copy the program to an external drive though. The only requirement for the program is that the computer it runs on has Java 8 installed. Other then that it should just work.

Edit
I just checked. I put the program on a usb and it still worked. So I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you :|
Feelteeth
Are you sure about that?
Topic Starter
Roan

Feelteeth wrote:

Are you sure about that?
As for check-off.ogg, check-on.ogg, click-short-confirm.ogg, key-delete.ogg, key-movement.ogg, key-press.ogg, menuback.ogg, menuhit.ogg, select-expand.ogg and shutter.ogg.
Currently for this program .ogg is not a valid sound file format. After testing this seems to be wrong, .ogg should be a valid extension so I'll be changing that.

default-comma.png, default-commax.png, default-dot.png
These files aren't on the spreadsheet linked in the program (which I used to get the information for this program from). It seems like only the score numbers have a comma and dot?

License.txt
Quite sure about this one not being a skin file :P

menu-background.png
This file actually does not load if it is in the png format. You have use the jpeg format for this element.

normal-hitclap2.wav, normal-hitfinish2.wav, soft-hitclap2.wav, soft-hitfinish2.wav
These files aren't on the reference spreadsheet either.

spinner-metre.png
This is an image for the old spinner style, if the skin you're testing uses the new spinner style then this image is indeed listed as a foreign file.

Thank you for reporting this ^^ the .ogg extension missing is definitely a bug since in my tests this file type did actually play.
If something is wrong in my understanding about the other files feel free to correct me (and if relevant notify the maintainer of that spreadsheet).

Edit: I'm currently not really able to release a new version right away, unfortunately this may take up to a month :/