forum

Collegiate osu! Tournament

posted
Total Posts

Would you be interested in such a tournament?

Yes, and our school has enough players to participate.
33.33%
Yes, but there might not be enough players at our school.
62.22%
No.
4.44%
Total votes: 90
Topic Starter
saiyuri
Hello college students!

Since the establishment of osu! clubs at various college campuses have become a trend in 2017, a few friends and I have decided to possibly hold a collegiate osu! tournament/bracket. For now this post is to gauge interest in such an event, and hopefully it will become a thing in the future.

Some known colleges that have already expressed interest are UC Irvine, UC Riverside, and Rutgers University.

Feel free to contact any of us below if you want to create a club on campus :)

Rutgers - GHAngeloid "Haruna #1"
UCR - Harrharrqi "I hate anime"
UCI - Xenocidel "I'm not a weeb"

Interested in just meeting other osu! college students? Hit us a message
Ritzeh
im the only osu gamer at chaffey college
Topic Starter
saiyuri

Ritzeh wrote:

im the only osu gamer at chaffey college
hf 1 v everyone xd
-REfluxIT
I have no idea if anyone at my college plays osu!. Christian Brothers University
Topic Starter
saiyuri

-REfluxIT wrote:

I have no idea if anyone at my college plays osu!. Christian Brothers University
time to gather osu players then :)
mega boob
As far as I know, my roommate and I are the only osu! players at Virginia Tech, but I was just recently named an officer for the esports club so it should be easier for me to find people (hopefully) who also play.
Arm1stice
I've got Axarious over here, but I have no idea about others, I'd have to ask him

Considering as how the High School Star League hosted a high school tournament, do you think it would be a good idea to contact the CSL and see if they can help us out?
Topic Starter
saiyuri

Arm1stice wrote:

I've got Axarious over here, but I have no idea about others, I'd have to ask him

Considering as how the High School Star League hosted a high school tournament, do you think it would be a good idea to contact the CSL and see if they can help us out?
its a possibility

GudSushii wrote:

As far as I know, my roommate and I are the only osu! players at Virginia Tech, but I was just recently named an officer for the esports club so it should be easier for me to find people (hopefully) who also play.
yooo you should get pooptartsonas to play osu again :3
niseboi
how do i sign up???
Dohland
I know myself and one other player attend Sam Houston State University, but we mainly play CTB. We also play a bit of standard.
bmax
I also attend rutgers university new brunswick with gh and I would probably participate

More importantly, there are three different rutgers universities and they are separate but share the same name, how exactly would that work with forming a team?
Topic Starter
saiyuri

niseboi wrote:

how do i sign up???

Cocoa Hoto wrote:

I also attend rutgers university new brunswick with gh and I would probably participate

More importantly, there are three different rutgers universities and they are separate but share the same name, how exactly would that work with forming a team?
if they're all under one main university then it'll most likely just be one team
Wriothesley
I could form an osu club at NYU but I'm not a competitive player at all. I bet there are some, though.
-Visceral-
Going to SUNY Plattsburgh in the fall but nobody there plays as far as I know xd
idke
im in cryschool
suiseki
add UC Berkeley
Xenocidel

Arm1stice wrote:

Hi, I was the product manager for HSL osu! and I'll be working with Harrharrqi on this project. Just letting you know that the CSL is not affiliated with the HSL anymore (since 2013).
[ Scarlet Red ]
I don't know of anybody in my school either. However if we can get a group together I'd be more than willing to help staff this!

New York, College of Staten Island. Don't know ANYONE there who plays at all.
7ambda
oh hey, i'll be going to UCR in the fall
bmax
if they're all under one main university then it'll most likely just be one team
they are legit seperate universities spread throughout the state. They could not feasibly meet up in person despite sharing the same name.
Topic Starter
saiyuri

Cocoa Hoto wrote:

they are legit seperate universities spread throughout the state. They could not feasibly meet up in person despite sharing the same name.
we'll see when the time comes tbh, everything so far is just gauging interest as stated earlier
Naimae

GudSushii wrote:

i'm also vt but i'm trash lol
Akiva
UCSB has a small but growing scene, we have a decent number of players (including Toy). We don't really have a club of our own but we have a facebook group and are attached to the larger esports/gaming club.