forum

Doing worse after upgrading to 144hz monitor...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
White Water
Recently i upgraded from 1680x1050 60hz monitor to 1920x1080 144hz monitor and i can't aim and read as well as i used to be able to and it's getting a bit frustrating... Anyone have any idea what is going on?
Zedek117
The Hz isn't the problem, it's the change in resolution. If you don't feel like adapting to 1920x1080 you can play in windowed mode.
Sandy Hoey

Zedek117 wrote:

The Hz isn't the problem, it's the change in resolution. If you don't feel like adapting to 1920x1080 you can play in windowed mode.
Know that windowed has been know to cause some issues. I think the best thing would be to just adapt to the new resolution. Shouldn't take too long
Akanagi
It's normal.

I had a similar experience when I upgraded to 144hz a year ago and was still bunnyhopping a lot on L4D2. The switch to 144hz suddenly made me get "worse" at it. (Which would be weird. The rhythm of the music doesn't change, but maybe you're relying a lot on the AR circles)
It's not that your reading has gotten worse. You just have to readjust to the increased refresh rate. Don't worry, it won't last for very long.

Just play more, eventually you'll be back at your old level (probably better)

Might just be the resolution, though. You could try going back to the old resolution and see if it helps.
Disillusionz
Going from 1080p 60hz to 1080 144hz I didn't notice any change on my personal performance. I also think it's the resolution change that is making the difference for you. Embrace the full HD and dope ass refresh rate and all will be well.
StephOsu
when i switch from laptop keyboard to mechanical keyboard, i got worse
when i switch from mouse to tablet, i got worse as well
point being made, you had yet to adapt to the new settings that you recently changed, so just play more
KupcaH
Play more and you'll get used to it
Deva
Am I the only one who had no trouble at all with switching from 1366x768 to 1920x1080?
But when I switch to my laptop keyboard I get 10x worse

spooky
JeromeTT
It could also be physical screen size. You will need to adjust to a new screen size, even if your resolution to sensitivity scale is the same.
Venix
I think you should just play a bit and you'll be able to read it.
Dovydas
try fullscreen with letterboxing to your old resolution
Remzy
You just need to get used to it, i had same problem when i changed from my 17" Laptop with 60Hz to 24" 144Hz Monitor.