forum

toby fox - Your Best Nightmare

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mc2save
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 12 October 2017 at 16:48:00

Artist: toby fox
Title: Your Best Nightmare
Source: undertale
Tags: game vgm videogame gamemusic soundtrack electronic
BPM: 190
Filesize: 19304kb
Play Time: 00:53
Difficulties Available:
  1. Best Nightmare (5.65 stars, 117 notes)
  2. Charms Light Insane (4.21 stars, 221 notes)
  3. Coffee Lords Insane (4.63 stars, 419 notes)
  4. Easy (1.13 stars, 92 notes)
  5. Hard (2.69 stars, 131 notes)
  6. Insaner (4.71 stars, 588 notes)
  7. Nightmare (5.84 stars, 946 notes)
Download: toby fox - Your Best Nightmare
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
credit to CoffeeLord for the Insane and charmcaster for the Lights Insane

mapset almost complete, need to go through mods and finish hard

nvm a harder difficulty is undergoing construction xD

(easy is complete) (Hard is Getting there)
Topic Starter
mc2save
obviously this isn't finished just yet but the concept is there

update

2 more sections and the [insanser] difficulty is in time with the [Insane] diff

a [Hard] will be joining the mapset at some point in the future aswell
Weijie01
i'm not sure how this works but i think that pointing out weird things is enough,right?
00:30:766 (6) ----Slider head is too close to the last note ,even though the song doesn't change.
00:35:029 (1,2) ---- two sliders don't flow. Try using a reserve arrow to change direction of flow.
01:11:977 (1) ---- bad flow. Try reversing the slider with reverse arrow. (did you already corrext it or my past self was stupid? It has good flow now)
01:52:398 (1,1) ---- bad flow. Maybe making the last slider appear as third and the third to last would help. 02:09:135 (8) ---- bad flow. Try reversing the slider with reverse arrow.
02:20:503 (2) ---- again.
02:42:450 (6) ---- again. This time try to change the order of 02:42:924 (1,2,3,4,5,6) , exchange the position of 1 and 2.

that's all i can say. I know that it wasn't much. Did my best
Topic Starter
mc2save

Weijie01 wrote:

i'm not sure how this works but i think that pointing out weird things is enough,right?
0:30:766 ----Slider head is too close to the last note ,even though the song doesn't change.
0:35:029 ---- two sliders don't flow. Try using a reserve arrow to change direction of flow.
1:12:135 ---- bad flow. Try reversing the slider with reverse arrow.
1:52:082 ---- bad flow. Maybe making the last slider appear as third and the third to last would help. 2:09:135 ---- bad flow. Try reversing the slider with reverse arrow.
2:20:503 ---- again.
2:42:924 ---- again.

can you provide combo numbers?
Topic Starter
mc2save

Weijie01 wrote:

00:30:766 (6) ----Slider head is too close to the last note ,even though the song doesn't change.
00:35:029 (1,2) ---- two sliders don't flow. Try using a reserve arrow to change direction of flow.
01:11:977 (1) ---- bad flow. Try reversing the slider with reverse arrow. (did you already corrext it or my past self was stupid? It has good flow now)
01:52:398 (1,1) ---- bad flow. Maybe making the last slider appear as third and the third to last would help. 02:09:135 (8) ---- bad flow. Try reversing the slider with reverse arrow.
02:20:503 (2) ---- again.
02:42:450 (6) ---- again. This time try to change the order of 02:42:924 (1,2,3,4,5,6) , exchange the position of 1 and 2.

I have since corrected all the issues you have highlighted :)
J1_
Heyo, you asked for a mod, I'll give one for ya :)

General:

Please use capitals in front of difficulty names, it's really not important, but please just do it >.<

If you want to try to get this ranked, you'll need a difference in the spread of difficulties. If you have 3 insanes, you'll need multiple versions of the other lower SR(Star Rating) difficulties and higher SR difficulties

Since you're new to mapping, I can understand the lack of experience, hence the lack of aesthetics and flow. It's normal, and to get better I'd say just map much more.

I suggest you to look up on how to make long slider shapes

Try to think heavily on where the next circle/slider would be, depending on the music and where the previous object was placed. This will help flow your map a lot more smoothly.

charm's heavy hyper:

00:28:871 (6,1) - Spacing here should be equal, use DS (Distance Snap)

00:47:977 (4) - NC here and here 00:49:240 (5) - (New Como)

00:56:819 (1,2) - Try using the same slider shapes/same exact sliders, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are your best friends while mapping
There are a few, but I'm not gonna name all of them

01:04:398 (1,2) - Make more linear

01:23:345 (1,2,3,4,5) - Make these straight

01:29:029 (4) - This only has to repeat once

02:21:450 (3) - Better shape (Add symmetry)

02:51:845 - Break time?

02:54:292 - Spinner?

insaner:

01:27:135 (1,2,3) - Equal spacing?

02:06:608 (2) - I'd say a straight slider

02:41:661 (1,6) - Make proper overlap

02:44:187 (1,2) - Better blanket

coffee lords insane:

02:10:082 (4) - A repeat slider here doesn't fit, it doesn't follow music. The sound comes on the third white tick and ends later

02:21:450 (1) - Same here

02:26:503 (1) - Same here

02:25:714 (2,3) - Blanket opportunity

nightmare:

00:43:240 (3,4,5) - Equal spacing

01:16:556 (5,7) - Overmapped

01:18:292 (1,2,3) - I don't think a triple fits here, either a slider or just on circle on the white tick

01:20:819 (1,2,3) - Same here

03:10:714 (1) - End the spinner here 03:11:819 - and start your combo with a circle here 03:11:977 -
I see this happening many times, where you end the spinner on a white tick and start with a red tick, try to fix those

03:25:871 (4) - I said this earlier, but repeat slider doesn't fit here

Alright, so keep improving and GL!
Topic Starter
mc2save
Thanks so much for the mod :)

What do you mean by blanket? And yeah my mapping isn't the best right now but I plan to continue mapping but I'm pushing to get this ranked as it's one of my best mapsets so far
J1_
A blanket is when a slider kind of wraps around a circle or another slider's head.

No problem!
DeletedUser_10414170
Hello from my queue!
(M4M)
I'll try to do as much as I can
Mod
General
Capitalize the difficulty names, and rename "charm's heavy hyper" to "Charm's Insane", its above 4 stars, it's not a hyper difficulty. I get what you're going for with insaner and such, but it looks like a misspelling. I'd just change it to Insane. If Nightmare is made by Coffeelord as you said, that needs to be changed to Coffee lord's Nightmare. You said they also made Heavy hyper, but you put Charm at the beginning and I don't get that. If it was actually made by Coffee lord then you break the rules regarding the amount of guest difficulties by one person.

Take a look at AI Mod's warnings. It has a few of them.

insaner
00:25:871 (1) - Fix this overlap

Entire map needs hitsounding

00:25:871 (1) - Here too, in fact. Consider looking through for other overlap and anything that you don't want to overlap make sure doesn't overlap.

00:37:556 (7) - NC

00:47:977 (1) - Increase the slider velocity on these, might make the alarms feel more serious. Make sure to do this for all of them

01:32:187 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - You go from following the drums in the background to whatever that slow instrument is, very suddenly and without reason. It feels very easy, and its jarring.

02:49:240 (1) - You just stop mapping here? Why? Remember to finish your difficulties before asking mods for them!

Coffee's insane

00:45:292 (6) - This suddenly stops here, and isn't mapped. I'd recommend contacting the original creator of the GD and talking to them about it.

00:47:977 (1,1) - Higher slider velocity?

01:31:556 (5,6,7,8,1) - The drums don't stop playing but this switches to the much slower instrument, it's way too easy and doesn't match the music well.

02:37:556 (4,5,6) - And again it isn't finished. As with before contact the creator of the GD.

Hard

00:53:029 (1) - Literally only 54 seconds.

Take a look at the other difficulty mods, you make a lot of the same mistakes.

The following paragraph is very important, and I recommend you go through and read it carefully

I'll be brutally honest here. Not because I want to belittle you or upset you, but because I want to help you improve. This map set is totally unrankable. Some of these patterns are alright and do fit the song, but it's not finished, it's not hit sounded, and it's not a proper difficulty spread. If you haven't already watched them I highly recommend taking a look at pishifat's videos. I'm fine with you asking for people to mod your map, even though its unrankable, but you said you were pushing for it and I don't think that's possible with any amount of mods. It's just not finished. I recommend in the future to map shorter songs but all of it, and to stick towards only 4* and lower difficulties. I took a brief look at nightmare and it was an absolute mess that I had no way to explain a method of fixing to. If you need any additional help in future maps just PM me and I'll be more then glad to help.

Sincerely, QuiescentRabbit.

P.S https://osu.ppy.sh/s/650099 Remember to mod my map back.
Topic Starter
mc2save
hello QuiescentRabbit

thanks for your mod :) I'm trying my best to get better at mapping

I'm only really looking for mods on the harder diffs as the hard is still in progress its a colab with a few people and cant remember who made the nightmare diff, I'm thinking of removing it
CLEAR SN4K3
this is kind of unfitting in its difficuty, where it has the "streams" because most beatmaps dont have streams at 2*. i would follow along the lines of more stacking multiple notes and then a slider if you were to do anything.
Topic Starter
mc2save

CLEAR SN4K3 wrote:

this is kind of unfitting in its difficuty, where it has the "streams" because most beatmaps dont have streams at 2*. i would follow along the lines of more stacking multiple notes and then a slider if you were to do anything.
they are not really streams, they are just notes within a line I feel changing them to stacks wouldn't be as linear like many other maps, the hard diff also isn't complete so the 2* rating it has right now doesn't justify the object placement
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.