1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted
Took a look with default skin - easily readable because of drastic time period between reverses and objects which overlap them. Why did it take you so long D: Anyway, thanks, you too
posted
What I found on Normal:
  1. 00:25:427 (2,3,4) - (3) really stroke my ear as I was playing since its the only slider throughout the whole diff which is not hitsounded (because neither snare or bass drum land on its head or tail). I figured out that this pattern follows vocal for some reason and I want to change it so it fits drums (just as whole diff). In the second "red" section object choice for the same part of music is pretty correct. wasfix, new looks
  2. 03:09:675 (3,4) - this blanket doesn't seem as made well enough (noticable while playing, at least for me) (picture)
  3. 03:36:793 (3,4,5,1,2) - It is too many circles in a row for unjustified reason (In this diff I use many circles in a row to show really valuable sounds in music, this place doesn't seem like it deseves that). also this pattern is ugly lol Decided to change 1,2 to slider (I understand that I use circles for same sounds in both of choruses 00:53:986 (3,4) - 01:59:565 (3,4) - but since this chorus is quite unique comparing to others, this makes sense) also variety, why not (how it would look after change)

Also there's unneeded green timing point on Hard 00:10:341 - I think removing that would be a good idea (don't know if unrankable though)

I don't want to bother Kurai again since I think I already asked for too much, so I may leave these fixes until discussion with a person, who is responsible for qualifying. If Kurai doesn't mind rebubbling again tho and finds these changes cool, I'd be happy to upload them
posted
2017-07-26 19:13 Doyak: btw, don't get me wrong
2017-07-26 19:13 Doyak: I'm an anime mapper and I like anime maps
2017-07-26 19:13 h4d0uk3n1: Oh
2017-07-26 19:13 h4d0uk3n1: Didn't know that tbh
2017-07-26 19:14 h4d0uk3n1: as for normal - i consider making changes here https://i.imgur.com/9VMx7pi.png
2017-07-26 19:14 h4d0uk3n1: last post on beatmaps thread
2017-07-26 19:16 Doyak: Normal is fine
2017-07-26 19:17 h4d0uk3n1: I guess, but it would be better with those changes I think
2017-07-26 19:17 Doyak: my first concern about Hard is the raw jumps
2017-07-26 19:17 Doyak: the jumps tear patterns apart
2017-07-26 19:18 Doyak: 00:13:084 (1) - so let's see here
2017-07-26 19:19 Doyak: that one is more related to 00:11:713 (1,2,3,4) - instead of 00:13:427 (2,3) -
2017-07-26 19:19 h4d0uk3n1: Hm, beginning of this on is aligned with previous slider
2017-07-26 19:19 Doyak: the vocal starts at 00:13:427 - here
2017-07-26 19:20 Doyak: (1) is barely related to (2) and (3), musically
2017-07-26 19:20 Doyak: but the way you divided the pattern
2017-07-26 19:20 Doyak: makes it look like 00:13:084 (1,2,3) - are strongly related in some way
2017-07-26 19:21 Doyak: but you had to put the jump 00:13:084 - only because it has a strong additional sound
2017-07-26 19:21 h4d0uk3n1: as for vocal - i agree with you, but stressed syllable is on click here
2017-07-26 19:21 h4d0uk3n1: 00:13:770 -
2017-07-26 19:21 Doyak: that's not what I mean
2017-07-26 19:21 Doyak: that should be clickable in either way
2017-07-26 19:21 Doyak: the problem is that 00:13:084 (1,2,3) - are working together
2017-07-26 19:21 Doyak: while they have no relation to each other whatsoever
2017-07-26 19:22 h4d0uk3n1: Yes, I agree that this is kinda forced, but i thought it would be a good visual filler between 00:11:713 (1,2,3,4) - and 00:14:455 (1,2,3) -
2017-07-26 19:23 Doyak: there could be a better way, just saying
2017-07-26 19:23 Doyak: not like you have to do everything
2017-07-26 19:24 Doyak: next is 00:18:227 (4,1) -
2017-07-26 19:24 Doyak: because these two are very close to each other, they look like a single pattern
2017-07-26 19:24 Doyak: looks more closely related than 00:17:884 (3,4) -
2017-07-26 19:25 Doyak: and because of how slider jump works, 00:18:227 (4,1) - actually feels much weaker than 00:17:198 (1,2,3,4) -
2017-07-26 19:26 h4d0uk3n1: i can explain things to you, right?
2017-07-26 19:26 Doyak: sure
2017-07-26 19:26 h4d0uk3n1: i thinks bonds between these 00:17:198 (1,2,3,4) - make it much more related, then these even with such visual distance
2017-07-26 19:27 h4d0uk3n1: also 00:18:227 (4,1) - shaped differently
2017-07-26 19:27 Doyak: Yes, that could be a justification
2017-07-26 19:27 Doyak: but still
2017-07-26 19:27 Doyak: 00:18:227 (4,1,2,3) -
2017-07-26 19:27 Doyak: you need to think how they are united
2017-07-26 19:28 Doyak: by same spacing between each other
2017-07-26 19:29 Doyak: 00:21:998 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - also this
2017-07-26 19:29 Doyak: 1-2 and 4-5 are raw jumps
2017-07-26 19:29 Doyak: makes them looks like just separate patterns
2017-07-26 19:29 h4d0uk3n1: i still think that these bonds are quite weak since 00:18:227 (4,1,3) - this pattern looks really forced to me in terms of consideration as "pattern" - straight sliders pointed randomly, 4 and 1 shaped differently
2017-07-26 19:30 h4d0uk3n1: I use connection between slider shapes there
2017-07-26 19:30 h4d0uk3n1: I explained it once to someone
2017-07-26 19:30 Doyak: but you can avoid it as well, it's possible
2017-07-26 19:30 Doyak: this can be quite significant to other people
2017-07-26 19:31 h4d0uk3n1: But im not sure if I want to since I really use this 00:23:198 (5,6) - kind of shape a lot
2017-07-26 19:31 h4d0uk3n1: 00:22:684 (4,5) - but as for this - i agree, i can make better bonds
2017-07-26 19:32 Doyak: then you can make some more strong relation between 00:21:998 (1,2,3,4,5) -
2017-07-26 19:32 h4d0uk3n1: Yes
2017-07-26 19:32 Doyak: Raw jumps weaken bonds
2017-07-26 19:33 h4d0uk3n1: I see term "raw jump" for the first time. Good to know something new
2017-07-26 19:33 Doyak: that's just what I use lol
2017-07-26 19:33 Doyak: I made that word to explain things easier
2017-07-26 19:33 h4d0uk3n1: oh
2017-07-26 19:33 h4d0uk3n1: ok)
2017-07-26 19:33 Doyak: 00:25:427 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - I can ask you the same thing as before
2017-07-26 19:34 Doyak: The only connection between 1 and 2 is the blanket
2017-07-26 19:34 Doyak: but others have strong bond by close spacing
2017-07-26 19:34 Doyak: only 1 is being 'alone'
2017-07-26 19:34 Doyak: and you know what, 00:25:941 (2) - is not stronger than others
2017-07-26 19:35 h4d0uk3n1: Hmmm. I can see your point, but for some reason I still think that visual connection (not distance) is still a great to organize relation between objects
2017-07-26 19:36 h4d0uk3n1: a great way*
2017-07-26 19:37 Doyak: 00:29:198 (5,6) - these two could just be a little more closer so that they feel same as 00:28:170 (3,4,5) -
2017-07-26 19:37 h4d0uk3n1: Agree
2017-07-26 19:37 h4d0uk3n1: Nazi, but still
2017-07-26 19:39 Doyak: 00:31:427 (1,2,3,4,5) - these could have some more meaning behind the pattern
2017-07-26 19:39 h4d0uk3n1: Absolutely agree
2017-07-26 19:41 Doyak: 00:37:715 (7,1,3) - these very-slight slopes trigger me, it feels like it's trying to be vertical or horizontal, but failed
2017-07-26 19:41 Doyak: well it's probably just my preference
2017-07-26 19:41 Doyak: but the map itself doesn't feel like these
2017-07-26 19:41 h4d0uk3n1: lmao, i really don't like perfectly horizontal vertical sliders
2017-07-26 19:42 h4d0uk3n1: ill rotate them a bit
2017-07-26 19:42 Doyak: I use 8 degree-rotated sliders
2017-07-26 19:42 Doyak: that feels optimal for me
2017-07-26 19:43 h4d0uk3n1: ill rotate by 2 (so it probably would be 3 in total lol)
2017-07-26 19:43 Doyak: 00:40:088 - any particular reason to skip these beats?
2017-07-26 19:44 Doyak: the sound on the middle is pretty obvious imo
2017-07-26 19:44 Doyak: both vocal and instruments
2017-07-26 19:44 h4d0uk3n1: in parts with back vocal i just want to keep object density a bit lower
2017-07-26 19:45 Doyak: but is that much needed, 1/1 is already lowered enough
2017-07-26 19:45 Doyak: because you already rested 00:38:732 - , resting another 1/1 feels quite underwhelming
2017-07-26 19:46 h4d0uk3n1: Hm. I guess ill try to change this place and see how it feels
2017-07-26 19:46 Doyak: 00:52:292 - and this one should be same as 00:41:444 - ?
2017-07-26 19:47 h4d0uk3n1: I little bit of variety, i use such thing in all future choruses
2017-07-26 19:47 Doyak: good
2017-07-26 19:48 Doyak: 00:53:308 (3,1,2,1) - here's a little contradiction
2017-07-26 19:48 Doyak: 00:54:325 (2,1) - you probably overlapped these because 00:54:664 - doesn't strong enough
2017-07-26 19:48 Doyak: sound*
2017-07-26 19:48 h4d0uk3n1: yes
2017-07-26 19:49 Doyak: 00:53:308 (3,1) - but this is spaced equal as the previous notes, even though you think 00:53:986 - is strong
2017-07-26 19:49 Doyak: how's that sound?
2017-07-26 19:49 h4d0uk3n1: you mean these? 00:53:986 (1,2) -
2017-07-26 19:49 Doyak: no, 3 to 1
2017-07-26 19:50 h4d0uk3n1: these are not space enough?
2017-07-26 19:50 Doyak: I mean
2017-07-26 19:50 Doyak: 00:52:970 (2,3) - and 00:53:308 (3,1) - have same spacing
2017-07-26 19:50 Doyak: then does that mean 00:53:308 - is as strong as 00:53:986 - ?
2017-07-26 19:50 h4d0uk3n1: Good point, it deserves changing
2017-07-26 19:51 Doyak: and my suggestion is
2017-07-26 19:51 Doyak: to just space 00:54:325 (2,1) - out too
2017-07-26 19:51 Doyak: because, you only notice the change in the music after hitting the slider
2017-07-26 19:51 Doyak: 00:54:325 (2,1) - this can cause readability issues
2017-07-26 19:51 h4d0uk3n1: But this space can give you a hint about music change
2017-07-26 19:52 h4d0uk3n1: Hm. Kinda agree with that tho
2017-07-26 19:52 Doyak: another thing is that the sound of 00:54:495 - lasts until 00:54:664 -
2017-07-26 19:52 Doyak: the actual change occurs when 00:54:664 - is played
2017-07-26 19:53 h4d0uk3n1: Yeah, now im 100% sure
2017-07-26 19:53 h4d0uk3n1: I should space it
2017-07-26 19:53 h4d0uk3n1: because even in future section this spacing used differently 00:55:864 (2,3,4) -
2017-07-26 19:53 h4d0uk3n1: ih
2017-07-26 19:53 h4d0uk3n1: oh
2017-07-26 19:53 h4d0uk3n1: not differently lol, but still
2017-07-26 19:55 h4d0uk3n1: i think best solution would be to ask someome to testplay
2017-07-26 19:55 h4d0uk3n1: and see if its causing any reading issues
2017-07-26 19:55 Doyak: nobody would really miss it, because it's a slider
2017-07-26 19:55 h4d0uk3n1: because 00:55:864 (2,3,4) - overlaps here pretty justify 00:54:325 (2,1) - overlap here
2017-07-26 19:56 h4d0uk3n1: (spacing is a bit wrong tho)
2017-07-26 19:57 h4d0uk3n1: if nobody would miss it or lose score for no reason, is that really an issue?
2017-07-26 19:57 h4d0uk3n1: also the whole poing - misreading is under questioning
2017-07-26 19:57 h4d0uk3n1: Its possible to guess that something is different because of combo colours
2017-07-26 19:57 Doyak: Well you can FC jump training maps even though it doesn't make any sense with the music?
2017-07-26 19:58 h4d0uk3n1: But here it makes sense with music tho
2017-07-26 19:58 h4d0uk3n1: 00:54:664 - start of section with different intensity
2017-07-26 19:58 Doyak: well I guess this is also fine then
2017-07-26 19:59 Doyak: not a big issue, I just don't like the fact that 00:54:325 (2,1) - two notes with whole different sections are overlapped
2017-07-26 19:59 Doyak: therefore seems to be related somehow
2017-07-26 20:00 h4d0uk3n1: I like overlaps sometimes. This one is not ugly I may assume
2017-07-26 20:00 Doyak: it's not about aesthetics, though
2017-07-26 20:00 Doyak: anyway I can understand your points
2017-07-26 20:00 h4d0uk3n1: Im glad
2017-07-26 20:01 Doyak: 00:55:864 (2,3,4) - 01:01:349 (2,3,4) - I wouldn't say they are bad patterns, but it seems to have only the flow and nothing else
2017-07-26 20:02 Doyak: as you're putting notes only occasionally, I would expect something nice to appear every time
2017-07-26 20:02 h4d0uk3n1: uh, ill draw a picture
2017-07-26 20:03 h4d0uk3n1: https://i.imgur.com/F5wsPP5.png i follow this logic
2017-07-26 20:03 h4d0uk3n1: its quite nice to me lol
2017-07-26 20:04 Doyak: ha
2017-07-26 20:04 Doyak: great
2017-07-26 20:04 Doyak: but, they're not exactly parallel
2017-07-26 20:04 Doyak: 00:56:035 (3) - is rotated by 3 degree
2017-07-26 20:04 Doyak: while 00:55:864 (2,4) - is around 5
2017-07-26 20:05 h4d0uk3n1: im quite confused because i can't see it
2017-07-26 20:06 h4d0uk3n1: i guess ill draw a picture again to prove myself that they are not parallel
2017-07-26 20:06 Doyak: lol just use Ctrl Shift R
2017-07-26 20:06 h4d0uk3n1: yes, they are not
2017-07-26 20:07 h4d0uk3n1: ill fix
2017-07-26 20:08 Doyak: and another reason I feel those not tidy is because of the way 00:56:378 (4) - goes
2017-07-26 20:08 Doyak: not really important, meh let's just skip it
2017-07-26 20:09 h4d0uk3n1: ok, ill think about this tho
2017-07-26 20:09 Doyak: anyway you'd better take the whole pattern, to the very end of the last slider, into consideration next time
2017-07-26 20:09 Doyak: actually, I think
2017-07-26 20:10 Doyak: what if you just did https://doyak.s-ul.eu/mdtC1qKG for those
2017-07-26 20:10 Doyak: that makes a straight relation
2017-07-26 20:10 Doyak: which I like to use
2017-07-26 20:11 h4d0uk3n1: Im not really a big fan of those
2017-07-26 20:12 Doyak: 01:29:806 (1) - this also stands alone
2017-07-26 20:13 h4d0uk3n1: 01:29:292 (6,1)
2017-07-26 20:13 Doyak: Yes, but they're in different combo color?
2017-07-26 20:14 Doyak: From what you said before, the color shows the bond strongly
2017-07-26 20:14 h4d0uk3n1: uh, yeah, but these are also connected
2017-07-26 20:14 h4d0uk3n1: 01:29:806 (1,2) -
2017-07-26 20:15 Doyak: probably in flow, yes
2017-07-26 20:15 Doyak: but let's take a look from a distance
2017-07-26 20:15 Doyak: 01:28:092 (2,3,4,5,6) - are together
2017-07-26 20:15 Doyak: 01:30:149 (2,3) - are together
2017-07-26 20:16 Doyak: 01:29:806 (1) - is just in the middle of them
2017-07-26 20:17 h4d0uk3n1: 01:29:292 (6,1,2) - i think this is kinda good abstract slider section
2017-07-26 20:17 h4d0uk3n1: which sounds really dumb and not justifiable
2017-07-26 20:17 h4d0uk3n1: but
2017-07-26 20:17 Doyak: abstract lol
2017-07-26 20:17 h4d0uk3n1: in bad in english, im sorry
2017-07-26 20:18 h4d0uk3n1: i just like bend sliders. at least in this map
2017-07-26 20:20 Doyak: this is why I try to avoid raw jumps
2017-07-26 20:20 Doyak: and always to make close relation between each notes in a pattern, with a consistent spacing
2017-07-26 20:21 Doyak: https://doyak.s-ul.eu/2YuF4Xbc
2017-07-26 20:21 h4d0uk3n1: i tried to stick to this logic in final diff pretty closely, but in this one i sometimes let myself do relatively big visual distance
2017-07-26 20:21 Doyak: because there's so much can be done without using wide spacing at all
2017-07-26 20:22 h4d0uk3n1: i understand
2017-07-26 20:22 h4d0uk3n1: tho i don't like this pattern at all
2017-07-26 20:22 Doyak: (but that resembles the bg)
2017-07-26 20:23 h4d0uk3n1: its absolutely personal thing, i try avoid using it. i like things to be perfectly imperfect (tho im bad in this lol)
2017-07-26 20:23 h4d0uk3n1: eh, but does it resemble how music sounds tho?
2017-07-26 20:23 h4d0uk3n1: its quite furious
2017-07-26 20:23 Doyak: lol no, that was just a visual pattern
2017-07-26 20:24 Doyak: 01:34:778 (5,6,1) - I wouldn't say much about these, up to you
2017-07-26 20:25 h4d0uk3n1: ill think about this
2017-07-26 20:25 h4d0uk3n1: this thing is used in the map sometimes tho
2017-07-26 20:25 Doyak: 02:06:927 (2,3) - lol you said you don't like this
2017-07-26 20:26 h4d0uk3n1: ill change this.
2017-07-26 20:28 h4d0uk3n1: can i go afk for a 5 minutes? neck really hurts
2017-07-26 20:28 Doyak: 03:16:793 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6) - I like this part
2017-07-26 20:28 Doyak: dat neck, same as mine
2017-07-26 20:28 h4d0uk3n1: bakari loved it too
2017-07-26 20:28 h4d0uk3n1: tho its very very simple
2017-07-26 20:28 Doyak: not really fond of the next part, but I guess it's fine
2017-07-26 20:29 h4d0uk3n1: im proud of same part in final diff more tho
2017-07-26 20:29 h4d0uk3n1: i started using curved sliders just to make variety
2017-07-26 20:30 h4d0uk3n1: i think its pretty needed since in what you pointed i used only straight sliders
2017-07-26 20:30 Doyak: not only sliders, but the angle also changed a lot
2017-07-26 20:30 Doyak: I prefer simple things
2017-07-26 20:31 Doyak: and repeating things
2017-07-26 20:31 h4d0uk3n1: ill be right back
2017-07-26 20:35 Doyak: also 01:15:064 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - this won't be not easier than what you did on Insane, I'd suggest either just using non-jump circles, or rather https://doyak.s-ul.eu/ugqz5qGQ this
2017-07-26 20:36 h4d0uk3n1: im here
2017-07-26 20:37 Doyak: would* be not easier
2017-07-26 20:37 h4d0uk3n1: uh, i didn't get it, is this right picture?
2017-07-26 20:38 Doyak: It is?
2017-07-26 20:38 Doyak: the important sounds are 01:15:235 - 01:15:749 - 01:16:264 -
2017-07-26 20:38 Doyak: plus 01:15:064 - is the start beat, unavoidable
2017-07-26 20:39 h4d0uk3n1: i think it fits. also this makes yellow-orange-red thing possible
2017-07-26 20:40 Doyak: I don't mean it doesn't fit
2017-07-26 20:40 Doyak: I mean it's too hard to interpret
2017-07-26 20:40 Doyak: because the spacing is inconsistent
2017-07-26 20:40 Doyak: In Insane, you only used circles and skipped the last beat of each
2017-07-26 20:41 Doyak: so adding slider tails on Hard doesn't make sense in terms of the spread
2017-07-26 20:41 h4d0uk3n1: got it
2017-07-26 20:41 h4d0uk3n1: now im thinking
2017-07-26 20:42 h4d0uk3n1: i think using sliderends on hard makes reading easier
2017-07-26 20:43 Doyak: 01:15:064 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - the way I read these at my first look
2017-07-26 20:43 Doyak: was that the sliders are 3/4 sliders
2017-07-26 20:43 Doyak: because the spacing is inconsistent
2017-07-26 20:43 Doyak: it's natural to read them like that
2017-07-26 20:43 h4d0uk3n1: but why tho? spacing is the same as everything blue on previous section
2017-07-26 20:44 h4d0uk3n1: 01:12:321 (2,3) - same as this for example
2017-07-26 20:44 h4d0uk3n1: oh
2017-07-26 20:44 h4d0uk3n1: sorry
2017-07-26 20:44 Doyak: then why would one read 01:15:064 (1,2) - as a 1/2?
2017-07-26 20:45 Doyak: you even used different colors to show that this part is different
2017-07-26 20:45 Doyak: referencing the previous part doesn't work anymore
2017-07-26 20:45 h4d0uk3n1: its to show progression in music
2017-07-26 20:45 Doyak: and the problem is that it's inconsistent within the pattern itself
2017-07-26 20:46 h4d0uk3n1: this pattern is used as transition between previous part and next, to show that something is coming up
2017-07-26 20:46 Doyak: that makes sense if this was Insane+
2017-07-26 20:46 h4d0uk3n1: and spacing too. sounds are pretty strong
2017-07-26 20:46 Doyak: but Hard players are not capable of switching between two spacings every time
2017-07-26 20:47 h4d0uk3n1: hm
2017-07-26 20:47 h4d0uk3n1: i guess changing to circles would make it easier
2017-07-26 20:47 Doyak: sure
2017-07-26 20:47 h4d0uk3n1: stacked circles
2017-07-26 20:47 Doyak: stacked circles look good
2017-07-26 20:47 h4d0uk3n1: makes sense
2017-07-26 20:49 Doyak: ok let's do this
2017-07-26 20:49 Doyak: I don't think I'll nominate this myself
2017-07-26 20:50 Doyak: but I'm sure this map will be appreciated by some t2 BNs
2017-07-26 20:50 Doyak: I'll briefly give you a mod on the rest of the diffs too
2017-07-26 20:50 h4d0uk3n1: Ok, good
2017-07-26 20:51 Doyak: Let's move on to Insane
2017-07-26 20:52 Doyak: 00:13:255 - feels quite empty to leave this beat
2017-07-26 20:52 Doyak: it's same as 00:18:741 -
2017-07-26 20:53 h4d0uk3n1: Not quite same
2017-07-26 20:53 h4d0uk3n1: in first case theres a some kind of noise in music
2017-07-26 20:53 Doyak: but similarly strong
2017-07-26 20:53 Doyak: Well, you at least represented it on Hard though
2017-07-26 20:55 h4d0uk3n1: Also this long slider makes good connetion to 00:12:741 (4) -
2017-07-26 20:56 Doyak: then there might be something like https://doyak.s-ul.eu/8EGtC4M6
2017-07-26 20:57 Doyak: 00:19:941 (1,2) - I saw you rejected this, but well, it's not unrankable, but would still be better to make it more visible
2017-07-26 20:57 h4d0uk3n1: Ill consider this
2017-07-26 20:58 Doyak: 00:25:941 (2,3,4) - the stance is a little unstable, maybe try making a perfect symmetry?
2017-07-26 20:59 h4d0uk3n1: thought about that, tried to make ot with 00:25:941 (2,4) - , but would be great if 4 was upper than 3 so the whole pattern is simmetrical, not just sliders
2017-07-26 21:00 Doyak: 00:51:953 (1,2,3,4) - rather than vaguely separating them, looks better if you make 4 to have same spacing with 2 as the others like https://doyak.s-ul.eu/Nu35ABTr
2017-07-26 21:00 Doyak: how's that symmetric tho
2017-07-26 21:01 Doyak: I mean if the pattern is going to be symmetric
2017-07-26 21:01 Doyak: https://doyak.s-ul.eu/CfT0qztB it should be like this
2017-07-26 21:02 h4d0uk3n1: yeah, i meant that
2017-07-26 21:02 h4d0uk3n1: willing to do so
2017-07-26 21:02 Doyak: then do it
2017-07-26 21:04 Doyak: 00:57:921 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - something you could try without separating patterns visually: https://doyak.s-ul.eu/t0wWIRH8
2017-07-26 21:06 Doyak: 01:04:264 (3,4,5) - you would notice the spacing between notes are inconsistent
2017-07-26 21:06 Doyak: even though the ds is the same
2017-07-26 21:06 h4d0uk3n1: Yeah
2017-07-26 21:06 Doyak: 01:05:292 (5,1) - also this antijump hmm
2017-07-26 21:07 Doyak: antijumps loses all the emphasis
2017-07-26 21:07 Doyak: even more than a stack
2017-07-26 21:08 Doyak: because, stacks are hitting the same point twice, which gives an impression of focusing on that spot
2017-07-26 21:08 h4d0uk3n1: I make it like this in next section too
2017-07-26 21:08 Doyak: but antijumps are just slowing down the flow
2017-07-26 21:08 h4d0uk3n1: Hm
2017-07-26 21:08 h4d0uk3n1: I agree
2017-07-26 21:08 h4d0uk3n1: (i don't know what is antijump, but i got your point
2017-07-26 21:09 Doyak: antijump is just about barely moving between notes
2017-07-26 21:09 h4d0uk3n1: Ok, good
2017-07-26 21:10 h4d0uk3n1: stack would be better solution in these cases
2017-07-26 21:10 Doyak: yes
2017-07-26 21:10 h4d0uk3n1: or maybe change 01:05:292 (5) - 1/2 slider
2017-07-26 21:10 Doyak: that works too
2017-07-26 21:11 h4d0uk3n1: i think it would be better since i dont stack notes like you mentioned throughout this difficulty
2017-07-26 21:11 Doyak: good
2017-07-26 21:12 Doyak: alright now about 01:50:074 (2,3) - these
2017-07-26 21:12 Doyak: 00:33:647 (2,3) -
2017-07-26 21:13 Doyak: you did a sharp flow at least there
2017-07-26 21:13 Doyak: but 01:50:074 (2,3) - is just way too plain
2017-07-26 21:13 h4d0uk3n1: Good point
2017-07-26 21:13 h4d0uk3n1: I agree
2017-07-26 21:14 Doyak: 02:10:870 (5,1) - same thing here as you would know
2017-07-26 21:14 h4d0uk3n1: Yes-yes
2017-07-26 21:15 Doyak: 02:53:727 (1) - I don't think you need too much 1/4s here
2017-07-26 21:15 Doyak: even though there exists some sounds, doesn't mean they're as important as the others
2017-07-26 21:16 Doyak: I would find a way to not put a note on 02:53:813 -
2017-07-26 21:18 Doyak: about the overlaps on the last kiai
2017-07-26 21:18 Doyak: it'll be more consistent if the proportion of the overlaps were equal
2017-07-26 21:18 Doyak: for example, compare 03:23:912 (2,4) - and 03:24:590 (4,1) -
2017-07-26 21:18 Doyak: these are overlapped "no matter what"
2017-07-26 21:19 Doyak: so it's kinda untidy
2017-07-26 21:19 Doyak: there's no meaning behind the overlaps
2017-07-26 21:20 Doyak: If the amount of overlapped proportion was equal, that could work as another concept of the overlaps
2017-07-26 21:20 h4d0uk3n1: I think if we consider kiai as a whole, it makes sense. Since overlaps used there quite often
2017-07-26 21:20 h4d0uk3n1: Oh
2017-07-26 21:20 Doyak: it's same as spacing
2017-07-26 21:20 Doyak: random spacings are just random
2017-07-26 21:21 Doyak: random overlaps are random too
2017-07-26 21:21 h4d0uk3n1: Hm, ill try to make these propotions equal
2017-07-26 21:21 Doyak: nice
2017-07-26 21:22 Doyak: 03:37:810 (1,2) - and finally this
2017-07-26 21:22 h4d0uk3n1: i hate final jumps
2017-07-26 21:22 Doyak: I see that you don't prefer consecutive jumps
2017-07-26 21:22 h4d0uk3n1: but
2017-07-26 21:22 h4d0uk3n1: Yeah, ill make them
2017-07-26 21:22 h4d0uk3n1: lol
2017-07-26 21:22 Doyak: but 1/2 sliders can't really emphasize the red ticks
2017-07-26 21:22 Doyak: yes
2017-07-26 21:23 Doyak: *hate final jumps*
2017-07-26 21:23 Doyak: *looks at the top diff*
2017-07-26 21:23 h4d0uk3n1: I KNOW
2017-07-26 21:23 Doyak: *screen jumps*
2017-07-26 21:23 Doyak: xD
2017-07-26 21:23 h4d0uk3n1: I thought it anoidable in final diff
2017-07-26 21:24 h4d0uk3n1: Now i think its anoidable in insane too
2017-07-26 21:24 Doyak: lol
2017-07-26 21:24 Doyak: emphasis comes from differentiating things
2017-07-26 21:24 h4d0uk3n1: I understand this quite well
2017-07-26 21:24 h4d0uk3n1: But it just seems unfair
2017-07-26 21:25 Doyak: so when every 1/2 tick is strong, consecutive jumps work good
2017-07-26 21:25 h4d0uk3n1: Right in the end
2017-07-26 21:25 Doyak: you don't really need to make big jumps there
2017-07-26 21:25 h4d0uk3n1: Yeah, I know
2017-07-26 21:25 Doyak: just fair amount of spacing
2017-07-26 21:25 Doyak: the click actions will do pretty good jobs by themselves
2017-07-26 21:28 h4d0uk3n1: When I first asked you for a check, I went to forum thread of the beatmap which you were modding and was quite afraid after that tbh
2017-07-26 21:28 Doyak: lol afraid of what
2017-07-26 21:29 h4d0uk3n1: Of wall of text xd
2017-07-26 21:29 h4d0uk3n1: But
2017-07-26 21:29 Doyak: xDD
2017-07-26 21:29 h4d0uk3n1: Im interested in making my set better
2017-07-26 21:29 Doyak: my wall of texts are unreadable
2017-07-26 21:29 Doyak: some about Normal
2017-07-26 21:30 Doyak: You could use some 1/2s here actually
2017-07-26 21:30 Doyak: just ocassionally
2017-07-26 21:30 Doyak: right now the difficulty gap between Hard is quite large
2017-07-26 21:30 Doyak: you can see that through the total amount of notes
2017-07-26 21:30 h4d0uk3n1: I dont think i want to since this works as easy
2017-07-26 21:31 Doyak: the lowest diff doesn't need to be an easy
2017-07-26 21:31 Doyak: we allow a proper Normal
2017-07-26 21:31 h4d0uk3n1: Oh
2017-07-26 21:31 h4d0uk3n1: Didn't know that
2017-07-26 21:31 Doyak: and you need to consider that your Hard is like Hard+ already
2017-07-26 21:31 Doyak: t/602580
2017-07-26 21:32 Doyak: we're working on this additional guideline, if you wonder
2017-07-26 21:32 h4d0uk3n1: Ill read this
2017-07-26 21:33 h4d0uk3n1: Thats all from you?
2017-07-26 21:33 Doyak: no, we should move on to the top diff
2017-07-26 21:34 h4d0uk3n1: I thought you may say that youve already looked and everything is ok, which would be really surprising lol
2017-07-26 21:34 Doyak: lol
2017-07-26 21:34 h4d0uk3n1: since this diff is the most controversial
2017-07-26 21:35 Doyak: one thing I would be asking is about things like 00:23:198 (2,3,4) -
2017-07-26 21:36 Doyak: because they really look unbalanced
2017-07-26 21:36 Doyak: something feels very empty around the center
2017-07-26 21:37 Doyak: and 00:24:570 (2,3,1) - too, it doesn't look very structured in any way
2017-07-26 21:37 h4d0uk3n1: https://i.imgur.com/7XLJxkz.png something like this would work?
2017-07-26 21:37 Doyak: things like 00:26:113 (4,5,6,7,8) - are very good
2017-07-26 21:38 Doyak: blankets are mostly good, simple and clean
2017-07-26 21:38 Doyak: (and I abuse it too much)
2017-07-26 21:39 h4d0uk3n1: )
2017-07-26 21:39 h4d0uk3n1: 00:25:427 (1) - i may work on this slider (rip future blanket)
2017-07-26 21:39 Doyak: 00:31:598 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - love this
2017-07-26 21:40 Doyak: 00:41:444 (2,3) - any reason why only this is a jump
2017-07-26 21:40 Doyak: 00:40:088 (2,3,4) - close, 00:41:783 (3,4) - close
2017-07-26 21:41 h4d0uk3n1: for yellow sections i jump to bass drum and snare srum
2017-07-26 21:41 Doyak: then what about 00:50:936 (2,3) -
2017-07-26 21:41 Doyak: should be similar to 00:40:088 (2,3) -
2017-07-26 21:42 h4d0uk3n1: 00:40:088 (2,3) - close visually, but ds is as 00:41:444 (2,3) -
2017-07-26 21:42 h4d0uk3n1: and 00:50:936 (2,3) - too
2017-07-26 21:42 Doyak: ds doesn't really matter though
2017-07-26 21:42 Doyak: the nature of sliders are quite different from the ds
2017-07-26 21:42 Doyak: and it's also related to the pattern constructing
2017-07-26 21:42 h4d0uk3n1: I understand that
2017-07-26 21:42 Doyak: if you put a raw jump there, it just becomes a separate pattern
2017-07-26 21:43 Doyak: make them consistent, I'd suggest
2017-07-26 21:43 Doyak: 01:05:292 (3,1) - this is also an antijump
2017-07-26 21:44 h4d0uk3n1: ill look through choruses and see if its too inconsistent
2017-07-26 21:45 h4d0uk3n1: hm, i actually have reason to these antijumps - i don't want to make sliders to keep object density and dont want to stack because i don't use stack in general
2017-07-26 21:45 h4d0uk3n1: so i may think about a proper solution
2017-07-26 21:45 h4d0uk3n1: or maybe even keep these
2017-07-26 21:45 Doyak: hmm the problem is
2017-07-26 21:45 Doyak: that the similar spacing has been just used as 1/2 jumps
2017-07-26 21:45 Doyak: then 01:05:635 - is a cymbal sound
2017-07-26 21:45 Doyak: should be more important than the previous 1/2s
2017-07-26 21:46 h4d0uk3n1: Hm
2017-07-26 21:46 h4d0uk3n1: is making space bigger sounds like proper solution?
2017-07-26 21:46 Doyak: also it's a whole new section, don't need to be mixed up with the previous pattern
2017-07-26 21:46 Doyak: I use that solution sometimes too
2017-07-26 21:47 Doyak: like https://doyak.s-ul.eu/pMJ1KoTZ
2017-07-26 21:47 h4d0uk3n1: I find it the most optimal
2017-07-26 21:47 Doyak: It's not very efficient, but works at some point
2017-07-26 21:48 Doyak: actually, why not just use a 1/2 slider for 01:05:292 (3) -
2017-07-26 21:48 h4d0uk3n1: well, i think there no other choice
2017-07-26 21:48 h4d0uk3n1: as i said - i want to keep overall object density for blue sections
2017-07-26 21:48 h4d0uk3n1: relatively low since they are pretty calm
2017-07-26 21:49 h4d0uk3n1: i don't want extra clicks and even slider ends for no reason
2017-07-26 21:50 h4d0uk3n1: osu lagged, rip log. saved most of the lines tho
2017-07-26 21:50 Doyak: dw
2017-07-26 21:51 Doyak: I have all of it
2017-07-26 21:51 h4d0uk3n1: Cool
2017-07-26 21:51 Doyak: https://doyak.s-ul.eu/TkrreCZH
2017-07-26 21:51 Doyak: I save all the logs automatically
2017-07-26 21:51 Doyak: (this is since last summer)
2017-07-26 21:52 h4d0uk3n1: Thats handy
2017-07-26 21:52 Doyak: anyway, it's up to you how to fix it
2017-07-26 21:52 h4d0uk3n1: What exactly? D:
2017-07-26 21:52 Doyak: the antijump thing
2017-07-26 21:52 h4d0uk3n1: ah, yes
2017-07-26 21:53 Doyak: ofc same for 02:10:870 (5) -
2017-07-26 21:54 h4d0uk3n1: Yes
2017-07-26 21:55 h4d0uk3n1: Actually I went up the dialog to see how much time did you spend on my map
2017-07-26 21:55 h4d0uk3n1: and yep, it crashed xd
2017-07-26 21:55 Doyak: lol
2017-07-26 21:55 Doyak: 02:53:470 (1,2,3,4) - not sure why the stream turns around suddenly
2017-07-26 21:56 Doyak: the downbeat is here, everything before that should work as one
2017-07-26 21:56 Doyak: here, I mean 02:53:727 -
2017-07-26 21:56 h4d0uk3n1: vocal + drums are loud at 02:53:642 (3,4,3,4) -
2017-07-26 21:56 h4d0uk3n1: i think these turns show that quite well
2017-07-26 21:58 Doyak: and as I said on Insane, 02:53:813 (1) - this is not really needed
2017-07-26 21:58 Doyak: and if you care about the vocals, then I'd rather put the NC on 02:53:556 - instead of 02:53:470 -
2017-07-26 21:59 Doyak: makes more sense with when the sound actually starts
2017-07-26 21:59 Doyak: so it'll be like this https://doyak.s-ul.eu/y8CR6yvY
2017-07-26 22:01 h4d0uk3n1: the thing is that how it sounds here 02:53:813 - and here 02:54:156 - its different for me
2017-07-26 22:02 Doyak: It doesn't feel that different for me
2017-07-26 22:02 Doyak: at least then a full stream
2017-07-26 22:02 Doyak: which blends with all the "obvious" drums
2017-07-26 22:02 h4d0uk3n1: I don't want to feel it like triples, honestly, so the biggest thing i can do in this case is 02:53:813 (1) - put sliderend here
2017-07-26 22:02 Doyak: not a bad idea
2017-07-26 22:02 h4d0uk3n1: because these triples would ruin emphasize here 02:54:413 (2,3,4) -
2017-07-26 22:02 h4d0uk3n1: and i would be sad.
2017-07-26 22:03 Doyak: why would it ruin it?
2017-07-26 22:03 Doyak: the last triplet is heavily spaced, I think that's enough for the emphasis
2017-07-26 22:04 h4d0uk3n1: ruin because there would be jumps between triples
2017-07-26 22:04 h4d0uk3n1: actually
2017-07-26 22:04 h4d0uk3n1: i may toy with this place a bit and see
2017-07-26 22:05 Doyak: not really need to put jumps, just a regular spacing is fine
2017-07-26 22:06 h4d0uk3n1: i like this thing a lot 02:53:813 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - and don't want to ruin it
2017-07-26 22:06 h4d0uk3n1: but ye, as i said - ill figure something out
2017-07-26 22:07 Doyak: good
2017-07-26 22:08 h4d0uk3n1: for somewhat reason i want to explain too - im not an anime hater or something
2017-07-26 22:08 Doyak: lol
2017-07-26 22:08 h4d0uk3n1: I watch them occasionally too
2017-07-26 22:08 Doyak: https://doyak.s-ul.eu/41FrhOSL
2017-07-26 22:08 Doyak: I thought you are xD
2017-07-26 22:09 h4d0uk3n1: Nah
2017-07-26 22:09 h4d0uk3n1: Even if i wrote that
2017-07-26 22:10 Doyak: anyway, not much else to say, but I hope you would review the map by yourself as well, and try to put more meaning to all those slider jumps
2017-07-26 22:10 h4d0uk3n1: Yes
2017-07-26 22:10 Doyak: since they barely are balanced or create meaningful patterns
2017-07-26 22:11 Doyak: for close objects, you're pretty good at patterning them
2017-07-26 22:11 Doyak: now need to apply it to wider patterns
2017-07-26 22:12 h4d0uk3n1: Got it
2017-07-26 22:12 Doyak: so yeah, that's all from me
2017-07-26 22:12 Doyak: I'll post the log on the thread
2017-07-26 22:12 h4d0uk3n1: So.. How much time did you spend?
2017-07-26 22:13 Doyak: around 3 hours
2017-07-26 22:13 h4d0uk3n1: god
2017-07-26 22:13 h4d0uk3n1: being qat is hard
2017-07-26 22:13 Doyak: https://doyak.s-ul.eu/HNJU6chT


And good luck with further progression~
posted
Enter Shikari in osu!, and apparently even a good map to this band

I think I am going to lose my ****, best wishes of luck for rank
posted
Even if I liked the map a lot before, I guess it's even better after Doyak's mod. Rebubbling it now!
posted
00:26:970 (8,1) -

the difference in your 2nd and 3rd combo colors is rly rly small. its almost unrankably the same color. I would change this.
posted

Bakari wrote:

Too bad I can't place a lovely heart on it!
I got you covered, but before that....

It would be cool to silence all those unused 3/4 slider tails on top diff
+

Xexxar wrote:

00:26:970 (8,1) -

the difference in your 2nd and 3rd combo colors is rly rly small. its almost unrankably the same color. I would change this.
[Colours]
Combo1 : 0,128,255
Combo2 : 167,167,167
Combo3 : 255,51,51
Combo4 : 140,0,0
Combo5 : 255,255,0
Combo6 : 255,128,0
Combo7 : 0,0,128
posted

Xexxar wrote:

00:26:970 (8,1) -

the difference in your 2nd and 3rd combo colors is rly rly small. its almost unrankably the same color. I would change this.
Just change combo color 2 into a brighter red color with a different scale of blue and green on the RGB scale:


Currently combo 2 and 3 both have the same amount of G and B which only makes them different by luminosity and that makes them look a lot like each other which explains his ^ concern. My advice would be using different color along with the dark red color or using contrasting tones of red;



A brighter pinkish contrasting with a darker brown oriented red should be enough contrast. (suggestion)
In case you liked it here's the code:
Combo3 : 255,0,70
Combo4 : 157,0,0
Played the map and it's really fun, really liked the visual contrast of each section and how combo colors showed that. Best of luck finding tier 2 :)
posted

Net0 wrote:

Played the map and it's really fun, really liked the visual contrast of each section and how combo colors showed that. Best of luck finding tier 2 :)
Thanks a lot for kind words

Changes were made: now all extended sliders' ends in final diff are silenced and red combo colors are more distinct from each other
posted
alright then
posted
поздравляю!
posted
что
posted
Ого
posted
красава
posted
Your mapping is very unique and while it still feels like a typical first ranked mapset it has the potential to become really great in the future! Congratz :)
posted
might want to change the BG, becuz i can see those pixel on this one >:(
posted

[-Chocola-] wrote:

might want to change the BG, becuz i can see those pixel on this one >:(
or maybe you could check the thread as it has already been addressed


congrats, though, this thing is awesome
Please sign in to reply.