forum

Konuko - Toumei Elegy

posted
Total Posts
show more
wajinshu
So many people cut the songs, but you complain this map just because it's from Shmiklak, if you don't like all cut versions then make a thread for this about cuting songs
Seijiro
ok, you can now stop with the nonsense.
Mappers are free to do whatever they want. The fact you don't like a cut song doesn't concern quality and/or qualification (unless the cut was executed awfully)
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
lol I don't have to give you a real answer for cutting a song. There is already a full version and I want to make short version. RC tells us that minimal length of the song must be 30 seconds, it doesn't say "YOU MUST MAP FULL LENGTH". I see you don't really know how does mapping system work and I suggest to you to learn things before speaking.
Linada
i don't think anybody stopped you from doing this
well i guess it's a bit offtopic but i still don't get why extanding 3 seconds to make a 4mn57 song is forbidden and unrankable like that squartatrice map but cutting 2minutes 30 seconds of a 4 minutes song is totally okay

you're free of doing what you want but yea, most poeple will find it disgusting.

hf

edit: if you're lazy or whatever you could simply chose an existing tvsize or shorter song, it wont be distasteful this way
wilup
I don't think it's a great idea to continue this encouragement to only play 1:30 maps
Jace

M a r v o l l o wrote:

lol I don't have to give you a real answer for cutting a song. There is already a full version and I want to make short version. RC tells us that minimal length of the song must be 30 seconds, it doesn't say "YOU MUST MAP FULL LENGTH". I see you don't really know how does mapping system work and I suggest to you to learn things before speaking.
obviously you can do this, there's shorter songs that have been ranked and you guys have done this in the past (i actually mentioned this before). also who am i trying to screw with? it was an actual question, i think it's a lazy way of getting plays on your maps and i wanted to know if there was any actual reason why you'd do this. you should try to have actual discussions with people before resorting to "no-one cares" and getting your friends to post garbage here when you have nothing to back up your actions.

feel free to do this! don't expect positive feedback though
Syph
u could at least like care about criticism instead of just going "meh it's not disallowed in rc so whatever i do is ok"
Weber

M a r v o l l o wrote:

Many people like MAPPING short maps instead of full length.
fixed
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
lol what the hell is going on. I see you are just trying to meme and trigger me. I amn't going to answer to any new message about the length of the song
Tae

M a r v o l l o wrote:

lol what the hell is going on. I see you are just trying to meme and trigger me. I amn't going to answer to any new message about the length of the song
Is that not what you've been doing already? When anyone has mentioned the length of the song to this point, you've just shrugged it off and said that "no-one cares". While it is true that the ranking criteria doesn't say anything about shortening the length of maps (as long as it's above 30s), that doesn't necessarily make it okay, in all honesty. At this point, it's fair to say that people do care, hence why so many people are talking about it.

But yeah, while it is technically okay to do this, and we can't really stop you from doing so, it doesn't mean people are going to be happy with you doing so. Linada had a good point when they said:

Linada wrote:

you could simply chose an existing tvsize or shorter song, it wont be distasteful this way
But anyway, you do you. It's not my place to say anything otherwise.
Vanilla

Jace wrote:

seriously though, is there any reason to cut the song besides laziness?
thats not the only one map where song has been cut, marvollo can map anything he wants srsly
unko

- Vanilla - wrote:

Jace wrote:

seriously though, is there any reason to cut the song besides laziness?
thats not the only one map where song has been cut, marvollo can map anything he wants srsly
if you're implying some kind of double standards are being held here, both jace and myself have complained about the last notable shitty cut too (conveniently enough, shmiklak himself gd'd on it :p)
wilup

unko wrote:

- Vanilla - wrote:

if you're implying some kind of double standards are being held here, both jace and myself have complained about the last notable shitty cut too (conveniently enough, shmiklak himself gd'd on it :p)
double standards?? in osu?? no way that could happen
unko

Metronome wrote:

anything is possible in a community that respects people with terminal cancer by cutting their song to 40 seconds and making a farmy gd-fest of it
wilup

unko wrote:

Metronome wrote:

anything is possible in a community that respects people with terminal cancer by cutting their song to 40 seconds and making a farm map of it
woah man! watch out with the can*** word there! you might get silenced for it like I did!
Nao Tomori
guys cutting the song is lazy and shitty but so are my maps and they get ranked too

effort in a map has nothing to do with whether it gets ranked or not, it's been that way since forever, there's not much point in complaining
unko

this surely has nothing to do with it
nextplay
Okay I have enough with this hope it's ending or someone is looking the therad because this is just too childishly.

Cutting a Song is lazy yeah. But complaining about this is just not needed roasting some because of cutting a song is dumb let the mapper just do what they want.

unko wrote:

this surely has nothing to do with it
It has nothing to do with it that he is a bn he has his own opinion too if the mapper want "positive" feedback he must like just hope for ppl with positive feedback.

unko wrote:

anything is possible in a community that respects people with terminal cancer by cutting their song to 40 seconds and making a farmy gd-fest of it
People would do a gd fest if it would be a 3 minutes song too having a gd fest is pointless yeah, But it isn't really a problem imo it's like if it dosen't goes too far it shouldn't be a problem (I know this Mapset has a 6* diff but that dosen't really care about the actual fact I pointed out)

M a r v o l l o wrote:

Okay just say that opinions are just a meme and ignore it.

Hope it wasn't too subjective tho
I don't have nothing against the Map I just find the Drama here pointless
Zinreu
почему бы и нет
General
В диффах с Waji's Expert и до Slayed's Itai не понимаю зачем эти брейки в начале, домапайте уже, тв сайз и так, без брейка будет играться намного приятнее
Насчет скина... ну что сказать, белый цвет явно не очень подходит, с такой палитрой не то что бы играть, с ним в редакторе неприятно :D
Expert
00:04:439 (1) - цуто цуто цуто, думаю было бы лучше акцентировать на этом внимание, сделать тут реверс типо http://i.imgur.com/DF8Feee.jpg
00:35:257 (1,2,3) - каша какая та, выглядит не красиво
01:30:621 (1) - спинер не к месту, лучше домапай
Waji's Expert
00:07:712 (3) - слайдер не подходит под 00:05:530 (1,2) -
Ну и даже так, он просто чуток неровный под конец http://i.imgur.com/5OT7UYB.jpg (сори за мегадоебы)
01:12:076 (1) - слишком долгий слайдер , лучше разделить его на два, типо так http://i.imgur.com/4Sp7m7q.jpg
01:18:348 (3) - просто не нравится слайдер
Slayed's Itai
думаю тут надо комбо подредактить
01:10:985 (1) - убрать
01:11:121 (2) - новое комбо
01:11:530 (1) - убрать
01:11:666 (2) - новое комбо
01:12:076 (1) - убрать
01:12:348 (2) - новое комбо
Что бы та единичка не была одинокой http://i.imgur.com/69X3epc.jpg , думаю будет лучше если к ней будет вестись фолоупоинт. Будет это выглядеть красивее, та и играться будет приятнее
Ну что бы вышло типо такого http://i.imgur.com/suzT3vj.png
01:31:712 (1) - сейм что и в эксперте,только тут просто реверс,сделай поинтереснее что-то, на 6.5* можно бы и слайдеров хоть понаставить там в конце
И поднял бы од, хотя бы до 9
FCL
00:42:621 (1,2) - стакни плз
00:43:985 (1,2,3) - может лучше сделать попроще? хотя бы типо такого http://i.imgur.com/Jw2yLrE.png
00:46:985 (1) - поправь бланкет http://i.imgur.com/HNxv3rk.jpg
Shiirn
wilup
placeholder
_handholding
You guys are all IDOTS!!!

Players love tv size maps. You could say it's science when you look at the average length for other rhythm games. It's about the length where players find it engaging and not too long where they find it daunting or even boring.

PS pls hitsound streams
Ideal
honestly
players love short maps because high star ones give a beyond retarded amount of pp (daisuki evolution anyone hello lol) and if they're high stars they're mostly just jumpspam (inferno being an exception bc its mostly streams but it has its fair share of jumps)

i'm certain that if a technical tv size map gets ranked not many people will play it bc it doesnt give any pp
Mun
Yeah, players love TV size because it lets them show off their ability to fling their cursor around the screen mindlessly without having to do it for so long that it gets difficult

AshbeII
I mean it's okay as long as it goes for graveyard
_handholding
TIL you should map to appeal other mappers instead of mapping for the players :D
Jace

Kisses wrote:

TIL you should map to appeal other mappers instead of mapping for the players :D
im not a mapper and i think this is lame as fuck lol. i don't think cutting a song that is already ridiculously popular on osu to a 1:30 pp farm is appealing to the players, pretty much everyone i've talked to agrees with me. honestly just sounds like it's appealing to a mapper who can't be assed to map anything above 2 minutes
melloe
i dont mind it

fix problems by attacking their roots, not their symptoms
fix pp system, not attack tv size maps

plus the short edit is well done. it's cool to have a short version of a song to play as well. and as long as the map is well made, who cares how much pp it gives and whether it's a "pp map" or not
Scarlet Evans
If the people put effort into mapping something they like or in what they map for some other reason, quality is high etc., then I think it should be fine. If arguments against this are mostly like "it's obviously pp map" or that "people do this to make popular pp maps" etc., then isn't problem laying somewhere else?

If you think that PP is the problem and cause for this, then complain about PP system, to nerf very short songs or something else, idk. However, both mappers and players use the system and what it provides to maximize their individual benefits, that's how the games work from ages ;-)

Someone can dislike cutting songs or TV sizes, maybe sometimes I am in this group too, but that's not the reason to hate on someone else's map and work. There is much of music I dislike and I simply don't play it.
If there are more people who want to discuss this, then maybe let's leave this mapset thread and move somewhere else : forum, reddit, some other place, and discuss this matter there. I would gladly hear some propositions too c:
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
Ayy lmao, what the hell, it's just stupid. Stop please, you know we all can map short songs and I won't delete this map.
Mun
We can all map short songs.
1) this isn't a short song, it's a fairly moderate length song that's had the effort cut out of it.
2) Just because we can do something doesn't mean we should. Beatmaps aren't something to be factory produced with as little effort as we can possibly put into them. "Not being against the rules" isn't an excuse for this low quality, low effort, same as the last half dozen Slayed top diff GD 1.5 minute retry spam attention magnets. Why not actually do something worth your time?
Nifty
Toumei Elegy confirmed Re:zero season 2 op?
Kyubey
Locked by mapper's request.

EDIT: Unlocked.
nextplay
:eyes:
Seolv

Jace wrote:

Kisses wrote:

im not a mapper and i think this is lame as fuck lol. i don't think cutting a song that is already ridiculously popular on osu to a 1:30 pp farm is appealing to the players, pretty much everyone i've talked to agrees with me. honestly just sounds like it's appealing to a mapper who can't be assed to map anything above 2 minutes

Jace wrote:

im not a mapper
^This explains stuff... It's hard for a mapper to map something that's not TV Size, because it takes more effort to make a full spread of 1:30 and a full spread of 3:30, since you aren't a mapper this seems lame to you. Some mappers may be lazy or just don't have enough time to finish a full spread so they cut it. And there's already a full ranked song so why not just make a cut version? Just like anime maps can have TV and Full Size, you can cut all other songs to make it a TV Size aka 1:30.
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
mods applying time
EijiKuinbii

эксперт
00:19:985 (2,9) - 00:20:257 (4,7) - не вижу о чем ты
00:24:212 (2,7) - он не нужен
00:59:530 (4,6) - не
01:31:439 - абсолютно
иное
00:35:598 - тут есть бит который нельзя пропустить
джулус
иное
00:55:439 (3,4,5,6) - 00:57:621 (4,5,6,7) - 01:09:621 (5,6,7,8) - там сложно услышать, но там есть биты
нормал
00:56:803 - не обязательно
зинреу
основное
замапывать эти брейки не обязательно, в версии авейкена они тоже не замапанны
не знаю как можно называть комбоцвета скином, но не суть. мне норм
эксперт
00:04:439 (1) - сделаю акцент тут. придётся делать везде. я не хочу фоловить вокалы в этой части
00:35:257 (1,2,3) - в тарелке у тебя каша
01:30:621 (1) - по рц в каждой диффе надо хотя бы один спиннер если это возможно
[]
спасибо всем
Kibbleru
i beg of you
you are going to blind somebody with that sliderbody and slidertrack color. please at least make it so that the slidertrack is somewhat more of a solid colour
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
Okay since you are the third person who tells me this I will think about this. I will contact QAT for consultation.
Kujinn
I think you should of at least talked to someone who speaks the language whether it make sense to use lyrics at the end of last chorus just so you could map the end and make it a short version rather than fading after the first chorus. I find that a lot of songs like these don't repeat the same lyrics for each chorus, especially if a song tells a story. I guess that's the biggest problem with cutting songs that isn't instrumental.

ignore this, I'm stupid for not checking.
Dahlia_old_1
Another
00:22:303 (2,3,4) - Make it a better flow? but i think it's unnecessary though because the spacing is managed well
00:24:894 (5,1) - Spacing is to short
00:45:757 (3,4,1) - overlap
00:51:348 (1) - maybe use sliders instead of spinner, for example https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8734766
00:53:257 (1,1) - too far
00:56:257 (3) - blanket
00:56:530 (5,6,1) - It's breaking the flow
01:01:166 (1,1,1,1) - another pattern? it's too complex https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8734782 (That's the view when using default skin)
01:14:666 (2,3,4,5,6) - make a better flow and kinda fix the spacing

FCL's Extreme
00:12:076 (1,2) - it's too far because it's 1/4 gap, unlike 00:12:485 (1,1) - it's 1/2 gap, so it's okay
00:13:985 (3,4) - better to replace it with 1/2 slider, because 00:14:121 (4) - there's no percussions played, it's just a filler
00:16:303 (6,1) - spacing is too far
00:20:803 (1,2) - it's too far because it's 1/4 gap, unlike 00:12:485 (1,1) - it's 1/2 gap, so it's okay, again
00:22:439 (3) - Ctrl + G is better, along with 00:22:644 (4,5) - to get the spacing right
00:22:985 (1,2) - it's too far because it's 1/4 gap, unlike 00:12:485 (1,1) - it's 1/2 gap, so it's okay, again, again
00:24:894 (5,6) - 5 is should get the high spacing because 6 is just a filler
00:25:916 (5,6) - move it up a bit
00:26:530 (2,3,4,5) - spacing
00:39:076 (3,1) - how about https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8734899 ??
00:48:076 (1,2) - spacing
01:16:985 (2) - i think ctrl + g is better
01:24:485 (1) - SV change isnt really necessary
01:28:166 (5,6) - should be low spacing because its not an important sound

Waji's Extra
00:21:485 (4,5) - maybe ctrl + g is better
00:52:031 (1,1) - remove nc
00:52:440 (3) - nc
00:57:348 (2,1) - it's too far

Expert
00:20:530 (6,7) - could be flowed better
00:35:257 (1,2,3) - make it like https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8742438 this??

Slayed's Itai
00:19:985 (3,1) - this 2 objects are too far, player would think it's an 1/2 gap, but it's actually 1/4
01:01:439 (1,1,1) - the tails and the head of the next objects are too far
01:11:530 (1,2,3,4,1) - brutal cross screen jump, but it's okay i guess, since it's a 6* difficulty

I'm sorry if my words might offended you, it's my first mod :?
show more